Sign in to follow this  
BuschWack

The Steve Slaton Wagon

He just proved his versatility against the Titans - 18 rushes/116 yards (be it 1 was for 50) and Jags - 8 receptions/83 yards. His yards per carry weren't fantastic but look for a much improved average with an upcoming weaker schedule. Coaching staff is drooling and will gameplan more around this veratility. Big play capability = MJD, IMO. Young legs.

RB's I'd trade for him = LJ, Forte, MJD, T. Jones, Earnest Graham. :overhead:

Let me have it.

I traded Slaton and Eli Manning (I have brees) for MJD after Slaton had the 1 good week....I'm defininitely nervous about that deal now.

I traded Slaton and Eli Manning (I have brees) for MJD after Slaton had the 1 good week....I'm defininitely nervous about that deal now.

IMO ...Slaton shares MJD's big play capability, but doesn't share the touches in RBBC. It wasn't a bad idea selling high after his first good game, but now he's showing Gary Kubiak and Alex Gibbs what he can do. As defenses game plan against AJ, Slaton will reap the benefits, + in PPR Leagues. As Defenses wise up, AJ's numbers should go up.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Slaton only get 60% of the carries last week? Don't get me wrong, this guy is a stud in the making and a must start for me every week from here on out, but Taylor's presence is still a little problematic.

IMO ...Slaton shares MJD's big play capability, but doesn't share the touches in RBBC. It wasn't a bad idea selling high after his first good game, but now he's showing Gary Kubiak and Alex Gibbs what he can do. As defenses game plan against AJ, Slaton will reap the benefits, + in PPR Leagues. As Defenses wise up, AJ's numbers should go up.

present & ready to roll this weekend. now I gotta figure out who to sit - Turner/LJ/Slaton. Depth has it's drawbacks too.

Might be off on my thinking, but Slaton's carries last week dipped some because he was more involved in the passing game. The previous week he had 4 catches (vs 8 last week) and 75% of the carries (vs 60% last week). I initially thought it might also have been because he wasn't doing as well running, but he had a better yds/carry average (though not that much better). Going a step further and taking away the one long gainer each had and his yds/carry average was much better (still wasn't that great).

Didn't mean to toss out a bunch of numbers, but partly was curious because had been debating whether to start him this week...

present & ready to roll this weekend. now I gotta figure out who to sit - Turner/LJ/Slaton. Depth has it's drawbacks too.

yeah tell me about it.. I have Peterson who i have to play.. then Graham/Slaton/Grant... decisions decisions... thinking it has to be Graham against the Broncos, no?

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Slaton only get 60% of the carries last week? Don't get me wrong, this guy is a stud in the making and a must start for me every week from here on out, but Taylor's presence is still a little problematic.

Yes...only 60% of the carries ...but when a rookie also has 8 receptions :pointstosky: ....just sayin. Naturally Gibbs wants to keep a guy with big play capability somewhat fresh. As he continues to demonstrate and build endurance, Taylor's looks may decrease, but Slaton's getting what he needs. As a fantasy owner, being able to start a rb who will stay in the game, despite the down and player set is a bonus. Regardless of whether the Texans are ahead or behind, Slaton's there.

Chris Taylor is now listed as out for Week 5 (quadricep) ....Slaton's the man.

Green is expected to play.

Don't worry, Green will go down in agony when he slips on a snickers wrapper on the sidelines. :rolleyes: