Sign in to follow this  
SuperSteelers

Turner Owners

He is the #1 RB in my league right now. He doesn't bring it week in and week out. I am trying to unload him while his value is still high. I think people in league are realizing that he might not be reliable. I would love to get a like Gore for him.

Has anyone traded him? What kind of value does he have out there?

as an owner, i think its a tough one: one the one hand, am i sitting on the next best thing since sliced bread? is he the gem of 2008 poised to finish top4 positionally? on the other hand, what can i fetch for for him if this is the best time to sell high?

personally, im keeping him in one league and negotiating him in another. luckily, the westbrook and peterson owners are interested in package deals, so i feel lower likelihood of it ending up , "hey moron, you traded away the guy that burst onto the scene with 1500-15".

I havent traded him away - but have received a few attempts. I really dont get it, but he's not generating the return i'd expect, so i've turned them all down. it seems like the majority of the FF world still isnt sold on him - for what ever reason...i dunno. i would love to land a better wr & trade either turner or lj....but i get crap thrown at me like driver or royal or ocho cinco. look, the truth is, turner will be up/down & same with lj - but their value is still more than what's been offered. i really dunno what to do with either (turner/lj), but i offered up lj or turner for plax & got laughed at. i then offered either (to another owner) for jennings (before rodgers injury) & again, laughed at. to me, both were very legit offers & helped out both teams. if you can land something decent for turner - lemme know, cuz at this point, i'm speechless. :rolleyes:

Don't trade him. Just start him every other week :rolleyes:

I got rid of him, i am in need of wr help pretty bad in my league so i got Jamal Lewis, Lee Evans and Lance moore for Turner.

Doesnt really matter for me, bc my wrs are now: Wayne, Boldin (hurt), Lee Evans, Braylon, and Lance Moore.

My rbs are Bush, Jamal, T. Jones.

So rather than hope the d he plays is weak, i got rid of him while i still could

I love these Turner threads. The guy has 4 career starts and yet everyone seems to know him already.

This may be very hard for some people to swallow, but pretty much every running back in the league could have struggled in games at Carolina and at Tampa Bay. It's a really big tip.

i like these threads too...he's my #2RB and putting up #1RB numbers (on average). What other guy drafted at the same level is doing that? He's averaging 19 carries per game or so, that's hard to find at RB's drafted at his average draft position.

I traded Turner/Brees/DeSean Jackson for P.Manning/J.Addai/R.Grant. Now my QB/RB/WR's are:

QB

P.Manning

RB

B.Westbrook

J.Addai

R.Grant

D.Williams(CAR)

WR

B.Marshall

A.Boldin

Roy Williams

B.Engram

C.Stuckey

S.Breaston

As much as I hated trading him I feel like a chance to grab Manning/Addai/Grant were all perfect buy low guys. I mean Grant as my #3RB and still have Roy or Bobby as my #3 WR.

Just traded him 4 Randy Moss. My other rb's are portis, jax, stewart. My wideouts are driver and crayton. So I was stuck....What ya think?

I traded Turner/Brees/DeSean Jackson for P.Manning/J.Addai/R.Grant. Now my QB/RB/WR's are:

QB

P.Manning

RB

B.Westbrook

J.Addai

R.Grant

D.Williams(CAR)

WR

B.Marshall

A.Boldin

Roy Williams

B.Engram

C.Stuckey

S.Breaston

As much as I hated trading him I feel like a chance to grab Manning/Addai/Grant were all perfect buy low guys. I mean Grant as my #3RB and still have Roy or Bobby as my #3 WR.

Sorry, dude, but you came out on the wrong end of that deal. Brees is just as good as, if not better than Manning FF wise. Addai and Grant have underperformed at this point. If Addai turns it around then you might have a good trade. I would have stayed put with your team.

QB

P.Manning

RB

B.Westbrook

J.Addai

R.Grant

D.Williams(CAR)

WR

B.Marshall

A.Boldin

Roy Williams

B.Engram

C.Stuckey

S.Breaston

But . . . you didn't buy low. You looked at a Cadillac that you think just needs some work, and then decided to pay for it with your brand new Lamborghini.