Sign in to follow this  
dmaidlow73

***Official Week 7 College Betting Thread***

and now I am at +25 units...ouch

That's alright, $epphori$ , it's early in the week. Plenty of time to make it up. I see your guy Jet hit another total with the under last night. He's unreal with these totals. Why did you go against him? I wish I would have tailed him with the Tuesday night under trend. I didn't see his pick until after the game started.

That's alright, $epphori$ , it's early in the week. Plenty of time to make it up. I see your guy Jet hit another total with the under last night. He's unreal with these totals. Why did you go against him? I wish I would have tailed him with the Tuesday night under trend. I didn't see his pick until after the game started.

I didnt see his pick till it was to late <_<

I didnt see his pick till it was to late :wall:

I tried to give you the heads-up, luckily I split by taking the under. That under was actually pretty lucky that it came through though. I don't get troy snapping the ball with 20+ seconds on the play clock, under 5 minutes, leading by 20! Do you guys think this a "revenge factor" trying to run up the score, or do they always run a hurry-up regardless of the score?

Had Troy -4 last night, looking at Clemson +3 for Friday.

Looking over the post game stats, I don't feel so good with picking Troy. Both teams last night finished with nearly identical total yards of offense. Basically, Troy got more breaks as Fla Atl turned it over more and had some special teams breakdowns. Feels like an artificial cover, not really earned by Troy. I'll have to remember this game the next time I have a bad beat, as the breaks tend to even out.

Looking over the post game stats, I don't feel so good with picking Troy. Both teams last night finished with nearly identical total yards of offense. Basically, Troy got more breaks as Fla Atl turned it over more and had some special teams breakdowns. Feels like an artificial cover, not really earned by Troy. I'll have to remember this game the next time I have a bad beat, as the breaks tend to even out.

Well after Sunday, I lost all b*tching and complaining priviledges for the rest of the year. I had my biggest play of the season on the Colts -3.5. Figured Manning would have shaken the rust off from not playing the preseason by now and most importantly the O. Line was as healthy as it has been all year. Well at the five minute mark of the fourth quarter, I entered my loss on my spreadsheet and tried to get myself right mentally for the 4:00 pm games. Can't beat that comeback from a betting perspective. I've lost my share this way in the past. Felt good to win one.

Well after Sunday, I lost all b*tching and complaining priviledges for the rest of the year. I had my biggest play of the season on the Colts -3.5. Figured Manning would have shaken the rust off from not playing the preseason by now and most importantly the O. Line was as healthy as it has been all year. Well at the five minute mark of the fourth quarter, I entered my loss on my spreadsheet and tried to get myself right mentally for the 4:00 pm games. Can't beat that comeback from a betting perspective. I've lost my share this way in the past. Felt good to win one.

I kinda know how you feel. I'm a Colts homer, so I was a little bummed that they were about to lose, but I had parlayed Houston +4.5 and under 49. Talk about mixed feelings on that fumble return!

Agreed. But I hope that was my payback for the Sage Rosenfels meltdown that wound up costing me 3 units on Sunday. Up by 17 with 5 minutes to go AND getting 3.5 points. Unfreakingbelievable. I will remember that bad beat for a long time. It would have been a really good Sunday with that cover(+170 instead of +800). Big difference. The only other play I made was Arizona for 5 units.

I didn't see this before I posted mine about this game. I'm glad you were on the other side. What a freaking debacle.

I wish I would have listened to you about the Vols last week. :-(

I hear you. On was on FAU last night, but was on the Vikings on Monday. Everything evens out.

I had Houston on Sunday, and put it in early at +3.5, before the Schaub news broke. Bad beat for sure, but i've seen so many of these kind of gemes over the years, I barely reacted. Just another game.

hell yeah that games was awesome. hit a parlay including colts -3 and the over in that game

and that last TD pass by peyton helped me escape in the 3 and out pool

I had Houston on Sunday, and put it in early at +3.5, before the Schaub news broke. Bad beat for sure, but i've seen so many of these kind of gemes over the years, I barely reacted. Just another game.

I've seen a ton too, but can't remember too many beats that involved a 17 point lead in the last 4 or 5 minutes of a game only to lose by 4 and get beat by a hook. Maybe a couple, but that's it. Not that big of a deal and I didn't go crazy or anything, but that is definitely as bad as it gets.

This was my worst-

In 1989 I was a senior in HS in NOLA and made what I considered at the time the biggest move of my life making a $500 play on the Rams +2.5 against the Niners on a December Monday Night. The Rams were up 27-10 in complete control in the 4th. I was the happiest 17 year old in the world. Then Montana and John Taylor went absolutely nuts in the last ten minutes of the game, scoring 3 tds, and beat me by the hook with the final score 30-27. Those two ended up with almost 500yds passing and 300yds receiving. Being a diehard Saints fan, I already hated the Niners as it was. I thought my life was over. I'm obviously still not over that beat. It taught me the valuable lesson to never count your chickens.

Anyone else have one that stuck?

I've seen a ton too, but can't remember too many beats that involved a 17 point lead in the last 4 or 5 minutes of a game only to lose by 4 and get beat by a hook. Maybe a couple, but that's it. Not that big of a deal and I didn't go crazy or anything, but that is definitely as bad as it gets.

This was my worst-

In 1989 I was a senior in HS in NOLA and made what I considered at the time the biggest move of my life making a $500 play on the Rams +2.5 against the Niners on a cold December Monday Night. The Rams were up 27-10 in complete control in the 4th. I was the happiest 17 year old in the world. Then Montana and John Taylor went absolutely nuts late in the game and beat me by the hook with the final score 30-27. Those two ended up with almost 500yds passing and 300yds receiving. Being a diehard Saints fan, I already hated the Niners as it was. I thought my life was over. I'm obviously still not over that beat. It taught me the valuable lesson to never count your chickens.

Probably the flukiest win I got was a Colts-Redskins Sunday Night game maybe 15 years ago. I had Colts (+6.5).

Wash was up 30-3 late 4th quarter. Jeff George leads the Colts to a garbage TD. 30-10. On side kick recovered by Colts. Another garbage TD.

Yet another onside kick recovered. Yet another garbage TD.

With seconds to go, yet another onside kick, recovered by Washington. Game over, I cover in a 30-24 final.

One of the tougher bad beat was taking the underdog Steelers vs Jacksonville on a Monday night game. Pittsburgh has the cover, and is kicking for the game winning FG, down 21-20, on the final play of the game. Who cares if they make it, right? Not so fast. Jax not only blocked the kick, then returned it for a TD to win and cover. Game over. Yuck.

Probably the flukiest win I got was a Colts-Redskins Sunday Night game maybe 15 years ago. I had Colts (+6.5).

Wash was up 30-3 late 4th quarter. Jeff George leads the Colts to a garbage TD. 30-10. On side kick recovered by Colts. Another garbage TD.

Yet another onside kick recovered. Yet another garbage TD.

With seconds to go, yet another onside kick, recovered by Washington. Game over, I cover in a 30-24 final.

One of the tougher bad beat was taking the underdog Steelers vs Jacksonville on a Monday night game. Pittsburgh has the cover, and is kicking for the game winning FG, down 21-20, on the final play of the game. Who cares if they make it, right? Not so fast. Jax not only blocked the kick, then returned it for a TD to win and cover. Game over. Yuck.

That's hilarious you mentioned that Steelers/Jax Monday Night game. I was living in Daytona Beach in 1997, dealing craps on a cruise ship, and was at that game in Jacksonville. I too had the Steelers and was about to start counting my money. Then with the score 23-21 and Norm Johnson lining up for a 40yd field goal, Clyde Simmons busts through and blocked the kick with Chris Hudson picking it up and running it back 60 yards for a td right before my eyes for a 30-21 final. I think the line was 3.5. Pretty Gross.

This was my worst-

In 1989 I was a senior in HS in NOLA and made what I considered at the time the biggest move of my life making a $500 play on the Rams +2.5 against the Niners on a December Monday Night. The Rams were up 27-10 in complete control in the 4th. I was the happiest 17 year old in the world. Then Montana and John Taylor went absolutely nuts in the last ten minutes of the game, scoring 3 tds, and beat me by the hook with the final score 30-27. Those two ended up with almost 500yds passing and 300yds receiving. Being a diehard Saints fan, I already hated the Niners as it was. I thought my life was over. I'm obviously still not over that beat. It taught me the valuable lesson to never count your chickens.

I was at Ceasar's in Vegas for the AFC Championship game between my Colts and the Steelers. I had the the Colts with the points and on the money line and would have ended up with about 2K in my pocket, my team in the Superbowl, and plans to head out to "the ranch". Quinten Corriat had a pick six in his hands that would have pretty much iced it, but he dropped it. :thumbsup:

My uncle had what I would consider a very tough pill to swallow. Not even sure of the teams, but he got ten points in a college game a year or two after they implemented the playoff system. Well the game goes into overtime and he chalks up the win. The other team gets the ball first and scores a TD. No problem right. Well the team he bet on getting ten points then gets the ball at the 25 yard line for their possession. They end up throwing an INT, which was returned for a TD. He loses the bet. Of course, now I think they changed the rule where the same INT would end the game and cant be returned for a score.

My uncle had what I would consider a very tough pill to swallow. Not even sure of the teams, but he got ten points in a college game a year or two after they implemented the playoff system. Well the game goes into overtime and he chalks up the win. The other team gets the ball first and scores a TD. No problem right. Well the team he bet on getting ten points then gets the ball at the 25 yard line for their possession. They end up throwing an INT, which was returned for a TD. He loses the bet. Of course, now I think they changed the rule where the same INT would end the game and cant be returned for a score.

I was on the winning side of that game. I think it was between UCLA and Cal.

Yes, the rule has changed.

I was on the winning side of that game. I think it was between UCLA and Cal.

Yes, the rule has changed.

That sounds right. I know it was a later game. He had quite a large amount of $$$ on it and he had already ordered up a round of drinks when it went into OT.

I was at Ceasar's in Vegas for the AFC Championship game between my Colts and the Steelers. I had the the Colts with the points and on the money line and would have ended up with about 2K in my pocket, my team in the Superbowl, and plans to head out to "the ranch". Quinten Corriat had a pick six in his hands that would have pretty much iced it, but he dropped it. :shocking:

I dealt craps at Caesars from 99-03. Championship weekend is undoubtedly one of the best three weekends of the year there along with the Super Bowl and the first weekend of March Madness. The action and buzz in the place is just unreal. Money everywhere.

The game you are talking about was before I was there in the mid 90's. I remember that play though with WR Ernie Mills turning into a DB swiping at it and barely knocking the ball out of Corriat's hands, stopping what would have been a sure pick six, icing the game, as you said. The next play Mills makes an unbelievable catch, dragging his toe inside the 1 yard line on a bomb from O'Donnell. I think the next play the Steelers scored a td for the win. I had the other way in that one and obviously got lucky.

I dealt craps at Caesars from 99-03. Championship weekend is undoubtedly one of the best three weekends of the year there along with the Super Bowl and the first weekend of March Madness. The action and buzz in the place is just unreal. Money everywhere.

The game you are talking about was before I was there in the mid 90's. I remember that play though with WR Ernie Mills turning into a DB swiping at it and barely knocking the ball out of Corriat's hands, stopping what would have been a sure pick six, icing the game, as you said. The next play Mills makes an unbelievable catch, dragging his toe inside the 1 yard line on a bomb from O'Donnell. I think the next play the Steelers scored a td for the win. I had the other way in that one and obviously got lucky.

Yeah, that's the game, I was in my mid-twenty's at the time, I split the bet and didn't lose significant $$ but it was still a tough loss to stomach.

Heay BigEasy, do you still deal craps? I love playing, but haven't had the time/money for about five years (I now have four kids including identical twin 3 year olds :shocking: [waiving white flag]).

Yeah, that's the game, I was in my mid-twenty's at the time, I split the bet and didn't lose significant $$ but it was still a tough loss to stomach.

Heay BigEasy, do you still deal craps? I love playing, but haven't had the time/money for about five years (I now have four kids including identical twin 3 year olds :shocking: [waiving white flag]).

Nope, not dealing anymore. I got married and had a kid myself(BTW, God bless you with 4 kids and twins to boot). I had the time of my life out there for 7 years, but you have to grow up sometime and that is the not the place to do it. Way too many distractions to keep you from being a family man, for me at least. We live in Chicago now and own and operate a family business here. Nowhere near the action life I used to live and it can be boring at times, comparatively speaking, but Chicago is a great town. It affords us the ability to live pretty comfortably with a very limited amount of effort. I can't say I don't miss the rush of entering the dice pit at Caesars on swing shilft every night. It definitely didn't feel like work, being in my twenties, in that atmosphere, with the things that I saw nightly. Waaaaay too much fun.

Record ??? - more than ???

Big 12 last weekend 3-1

SEC 1-0

TEXAS +8 <===== homer pick

LSU +6

TEXAS TECH -20.5

:thumbsup: :cry:

:shocking:

Far and away the one loss that haunts me is my bet on the Buffalo Bills with the infamous "Music City Miracle" game against the Titans. It was one of the largest bets I ever placed in my life (several thousand). One can argue that the bet was stupid (people always ask me why I would bet on a team with that loser USC guy QB'ing). Still, the fact is they had that game won and if it wasn't for a ridiculously lucky lateral (forward pass?) I would be sitting in $$$$$$$. Instead I had to cry in my free beer (I was in Vegas).

East Carolina +5

Minny +12.5

West Mich +2

Notre Dame +7.5

each for 5 Units

Tulane +5

Ball St. -16

TCU -14.5

10 unit plays

Putting my $$ where my mouth is and taking Wake -1.5 for 20 Units

GL

interested in some opinions on tonights clemson wake game... who you guys going with and why?

NCAA: 43-38-2

Troy -4 WIN

Clemson +2.5

Clemson/Wake Forest U43.5

Good Luck :ninja:

Taking Clemson and the under tonight in what should be a low scoring game. Lots of rain expected today and tonight and apparently their field has poor drainage.

Taking Clemson and the under tonight in what should be a low scoring game. Lots of rain expected today and tonight and apparently their field has poor drainage.

i also have a bet on clemson... might take a look at the under now that you mentioned the weather....

P.S. where is our NFL thread? I was gonna make one but don't wanna steal your thunder :ninja:

Clemson has definitely underachieved so far this season, but I think they are being undervalued in this matchup. I think this game will come down to who rushes better and Clemson is far and away the better team at toting the rock with James Davis(375yds/6.1ypc/5tds) and C.J. Spiller(304yds/6.6ypc/5tds). While Wake is absolutely abysmal on the ground, ranked #115 in the country, rushing for only 84ypg and averaging only 2.4ypc. With the aforementioned inclement weather forecasted, the ground game will be even more important tonight.

The QB situation is a little murkier. Clemson's Cullen Harper was lights out last year throwing for 3000yds while completing 65% of his passes with 27tds to only 6ints. He shreaded Wake last year with a line of 27/35 for 266yds 3td's 0int's. With those impressive numbers through all of the previous year he was supposed to be the best QB in the ACC this year, but has started out really slow with his td/int ratio at 3/5. He is still throwing for a respectable 220ypg. Wake's QB, Riley Skinner, has played well this year, completing almost 70% of his passes with 6tds and 4ints. But all 4 of those ints came last week at home against a pretty bad Navy pass defense that is giving up 384ypg. Skinner is 0-2 against Clemson and has not played well in those games. Again though, I don't think this game will be won through the air anyway unless Wake's defense plays with 8 or 9 men in the box to stop Clemson's superior ground game and dares Harper to beat them with 1 on 1 coverage on the outside. I think if that happens we will see last year's Cullen Harper step up.

Clemson defends the run better than Wake also, yielding 114ypg to Wake's 149ypg. But like dmaidlow73 said in his OP, those numbers are a little skewed after facing Navy last week, giving up nearly 300yds on the ground to the Midshipmen. I just think that Clemson will rush the ball better and that is why I give them the edge in this contest.

Clemson 24 Wake Forest 17

Clemson +2.5 2 units

Clemson has definitely underachieved so far this season, but I think they are being undervalued in this matchup. I think this game will come down to who rushes better and Clemson is far and away the better team at toting the rock with James Davis(375yds/6.1ypc/5tds) and C.J. Spiller(304yds/6.6ypc/5tds). While Wake is absolutely abysmal on the ground, ranked #115 in the country, rushing for only 84ypg and averaging only 2.4ypc. With the aforementioned inclement weather forecasted, the ground game will be even more important tonight.

The QB situation is a little murkier. Clemson's Cullen Harper was lights out last year throwing for 3000yds while completing 65% of his passes with 27tds to only 6ints. He shreaded Wake last year with a line of 27/35 for 266yds 3td's 0int's. With those impressive numbers through all of the previous year he was supposed to be the best QB in the ACC this year, but has started out really slow with his td/int ratio at 3/5. He is still throwing for a respectable 220ypg. Wake's QB, Riley Skinner, has played well this year, completing almost 70% of his passes with 6tds and 4ints. But all 4 of those ints came last week at home against a pretty bad Navy pass defense that is giving up 384ypg. Skinner is 0-2 against Clemson and has not played well in those games. Again though, I don't think this game will be won through the air anyway unless Wake's defense plays with 8 or 9 men in the box to stop Clemson's superior ground game and dares Harper to beat them with 1 on 1 coverage on the outside. I think if that happens we will see last year's Cullen Harper step up.

Clemson defends the run better than Wake also, yielding 114ypg to Wake's 149ypg. But like dmaidlow73 said in his OP, those numbers are a little skewed after facing Navy last week, giving up nearly 300yds on the ground to the Midshipmen. I just think that Clemson will rush the ball better and that is why I give them the edge in this contest.

Clemson 24 Wake Forest 17

Clemson +2.5 2 units

I am with you Big E. I think Clemson has their #. Another factor that may come into play is the fact that WF's excellent kicker/punter is questionable with a leg injury. In a close game this could be huge.

I am with you Big E. I think Clemson has their #. Another factor that may come into play is the fact that WF's excellent kicker/punter is questionable with a leg injury. In a close game this could be huge.

I couldn't agree with you more, dmaidlow73. Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe said Wednesday the team is preparing for Clemson with RS freshman Shane Popham, who has yet to attempt a punt or FG in college. Sounds like a ton of pressure, filling in for an All-American that will be kicking on Sundays, in a big time nationally televised conference game, that might go a long way in deciding the ACC Championship. Not even to mention he will be kicking and punting in the rain on a field that Bouve said apparently has poor drainage issues.

wake all the way...I luv being on the other side of public

rememebrr Clem vs Bama?

Clemson sux

rememebrr Clem vs Bama?

Clemson sux

Well then Georgia must sux really bad too. Bama>>>>>>>Wake

Well then Georgia must sux really bad too. Bama>>>>>>>Wake

what I am saying is ur all underestimating wake...wake up :lol:

rememebrr Clem vs Bama?

Clemson sux

The public isn't always wrong. Troy got bet up pretty good just 2 short days ago and covered pretty easily. I know it wasn't pretty, but an easy cover nonetheless. Joe can be right on occasion and even two in a row sometimes. I'm betting this time he is.

Wake Forest is much improved on defense and their offense can put up some points against this "soft" exploited(sp?) Clemson defense. If I had to choose between Clemson defense or Florida State, FSU. If anyone got to watch that game between FSU and WF, IMO that game showed how powerful WF defense can be, this game was also on the road. I'll lean strongly towards WF here, as I believe they can stuff the one demensional team and the duo they depend on. It was very obvious both teams last week were looking ahead, as both team lost. Wake Forest is a top 25 squad and are sleeping under the radar. They could very well easily be a top 15 squad.

NCAA YTD: 48-41-3; 28.58

I don't really like tonight's games much but will get a little action going. Looking forward to many good games this weekend though. Here we go:

UAB (+18) LOSS Both teams have a good offense, UAB run game will keep it close since Houston D is not good against it)

Wake Forest (-1) WIN Going with the home team even though Clemson may be the popular pick. Clemson is just too unpredictable IMO.

Wake Forest/Clemson (Under 42) WIN Weather may be a factor but I really like the WF defense.

All games for 1 unit, good luck tonight.

No feel for sides tonight so both of my plays are on totals:

Clemson/Wake Forest Under 43 Winner

UAB/Houston Over 66.5 Loser