Sign in to follow this  
We Tigers

Felix Jones or Thomas Jones?

I'm weak at WR and looking to deal DeSean Jackson for Dwayne Bowe. Very high on Bowe even though he plays for the miserable Chiefs, so high that I'm willing to take him on even with Tony Gonzalez as my tight end--lot of investment in a crappy team, but at least I know they're the only guys making any kind of plays there. The only other guy in my league who's probably available is Calvin Johnson, but one stud WR with a terrible situation is enough for me (I already have Braylon Edwards).

Anyway, it seems that DeSean Jackson really only has good games when one of Brian Westbrook or Reggie Brown are out; with both of them, his targets are way down (only 2 in week 5!) and his output lower. I think he has a fairly good year still, but won't match the numbers he put up in weeks 1, 2, and 4, especially with Kevin Curtis returning. I've talked with the other manager, and can probably get the deal done if it's this:

Dwayne Bowe/Willis McGahee for

DeSean Jackson/Thomas Jones OR Felix Jones

This manager owns Barber. I'll probably give either guy 3-4 starts down the stretch (my other RBs are LT, Slaton, Graham, and Hightower), but neither would get that many. My receivers are Braylon, Welker, Engram, Walter, and DeSean, .5 PPR. This is a 10-team redraft league. Who should I try to hold onto--Thomas or Felix? Given my depth at RB, is either a dealbreaker? Leave yours, and I'll come back.

not a bad trade....i would hold on to Felix jones he right now has more value....5 games 4 tds 3 of them rushing.....i think the best is yet to come with him and i think thomas jones will be losing carries to washington which hurts his value which is already down

Both are #3 running backs IMO. In any scenerio I would rather have the younger RB on the better team and that would be Felix Jones. He's going to average 10 carries per game while Thomas Jones is older, with a pass happy QB who may be lucky to see 15 carries a game. I traded Thomas Jones after the second week and while he had top 10 RB stats thinking that his production was going to go down throughout the season.

Thanks for answering mine

for anyone else that might be interested in helping me out

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328033

I think its a good trade for you. I personally would rather hold onto Felix but if you have to give him up than I'd still do it.

Thanks for answering mine

I agree. It is a good trade for you either way. Long term Felix will be more valuable.

Thanks for answering mine.

thanks for the answer to mine... as has been said in a redraft league i deal felix, in a keeper i try to deal thomas jones but in a keeper league his value will be less than a redraft so you might have to deal felix anyhow.

Ha! The other manager changed his mind and decided he wanted Desean/LT for Bowe/McGahee, or Slaton and DeSean for just Bowe, with no other player back. I swear, it's impossible to trade in this league--5 weeks in and I don't think a single one has gone through. Everyone overvalues the players they drafted immensely, even moreso than most places. I don't think I'll come back for next year at this rate, as that takes a ton of the fun out of the whole fantasy thing, whether it's big time wheeling and dealing or just thinking strategically to see how you can tweak your team.

Anyway, thanks for all the comments--too bad they didn't go anywhere!