Sign in to follow this  
Zangief

Detroit WR's

It stinks because most of us drafted this guys as #1 or #2 WRs, but I can't see starting either of them if Kitna's not playing. Am I wrong?

It doesn't sound good. Last update I read said 10% chance Kitna plays. And even if he plays, what's to say he makes it more than 1 series? Those other QB's they have really blow.

From Killer Kowalski today at mlive.com

Lions quarterback Jon Kitna didn't practice on Thursday and was walking very gingerly in street clothes. Kitna left last Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears with back spasms and when his sore back wasn't getting better, the Lions sent Kitna for an MRI exam on Wednesday. The Lions have not revealed the results of that test.

Offensive coordinator Jim Colletto said today that Kitna's status for the game against the Minnesota Vikings could be a game-time decision. Backups Dan Orlovsky and Drew Stanton split practice reps today, the second straight day they've done so. If Kitna can't play, Orlovsky is expected to get his first NFL start.

Kitna is a waste of space.

Dan O. is an upgrade, especially after he gets some experience.

No way do I bench Megatron!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megatron is questionable with a knee injury. And Dan O is a pile of shiot.

I'm benching his ass this week in favor of Berrian!!!

Go Vikes!!!

Where did all the Calvin lovers go? "But, he's a god among men. How can he not be the top WR?" :music_guitarred:

Where did all the Calvin lovers go? "But, he's a god among men. How can he not be the top WR?" :music_guitarred:

Detroit doomed him like all the other college stars that have been there before. Detroit is a black hole that will suck your athletic ability and the will to win out of you.

Let's not overreact. It's not like Kitna was Tom Brady or anything. The Lions are 0-5 for God's sake, some of you are acting as if this is the end of a dynasty.

Worst case scenario the Lions may actually WIN a game for a change. :wacko:

I have Kitna as a backup.....somebody dropped Hasselbeck.....should I go out and drop Kitna for him......dont know how serious Hasselbecks knee injury is and really only need him as bye week replacement for Brees for week 9....of course unless Brees goes down for something....what would you guys do?

I definitely drop Kitna for Hass. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

Let's not overreact. It's not like Kitna was Tom Brady or anything. The Lions are 0-5 for God's sake, some of you are acting as if this is the end of a dynasty.

Worst case scenario the Lions may actually WIN a game for a change. :thumbsdown:

Lions are actually 0-4 but will soon be 0-5. :thumbsup: I do agree with you. Change can only be better for the Lion's WR situation. Kitna was completely imploding physically and mentally. At least Orlovsky is going to be playing for the right to start in the NFL and that's enough to renew the competitve fire of players who surround him. They've all got to be searching for something to grab onto for inspiration and perhaps a young QB will do it. A different voice will mean a different huddle and perhaps a more competitive outcome.

Time will tell but I have a sneaking suspicion that Dan may help jump start them a bit.

What if you benched him for Fitz?

To the Hass post - he's hurt & listed as questionable...even that being said, i'd rather have Hass over Kitna going forward. And yes, i'm benching megatron until further notice. i'm actually trying to package him & LJ to land a top tier wr. so im starting coles & breaston this week & megatron will rot on the pine.

Dan O = blows

Jonny K = blows

Stanton = now we're talking....give him the rock & start the future NOW

Lots of CJ2 owners chiming in. How about Roy Williams?

I have Roy Williams and was hoping that coming off the bye, Detroit would be able to exploit a questionable Vikings pass D. Or, at the very least, Detroit's running backs would be stymied and the Lions would be forced to pass once their own defense surrendered a quick 3 touchdown lead to Minnesota. Now, I'm leaning toward starting Kevin Walters. Any Williams owners in similar dilemmas? Who are you playing Williams over, or who are you playing over Williams?

What if you benched him for Fitz?

LOL! Funny.

I am so convinced that Calvin will do nothing this week with Orlovsky. I am starting Bobby Wade and Vincent Jackson along side Marshall this week. Detroit goes 3 and out every damn possession, and even last week late in the game Calvin wasnt getting anything. This an easy one for me. Vincent Jackson is SD's #1 WR this week, and Wade has had 2 great weeks in a row. I would even start Greg Camarillo over calvin.

I am so convinced that Calvin will do nothing this week with Orlovsky. I am starting Bobby Wade and Vincent Jackson along side Marshall this week. Detroit goes 3 and out every damn possession, and even last week late in the game Calvin wasnt getting anything. This an easy one for me. Vincent Jackson is SD's #1 WR this week, and Wade has had 2 great weeks in a row. I would even start Greg Camarillo over calvin.

You are right which is why I am starting Roy Williams who will get most of the looks and finish with decent numbers for the day.

Why no love for megatron???? don throw it to roy!!!!!!

Lots of CJ2 owners chiming in. How about Roy Williams?

I have Roy Williams and was hoping that coming off the bye, Detroit would be able to exploit a questionable Vikings pass D. Or, at the very least, Detroit's running backs would be stymied and the Lions would be forced to pass once their own defense surrendered a quick 3 touchdown lead to Minnesota. Now, I'm leaning toward starting Kevin Walters. Any Williams owners in similar dilemmas? Who are you playing Williams over, or who are you playing over Williams?

I'll chime in about Roy Williams: He got like 18 targets last week as the Bears D doubled Megatron all game. And I think he got like 7 or 9 catches in the end, for almost 100. And a lot of those were after Kitna got pulled. The Vikings have a great run D, but are prone to big plays through the air. As someone mentioned, Detroit should be down big and need to throw. Start Williams as a low end #2 but definitely as a #3.

That was a serious question. :rolleyes:

Oh, I thought you were being funny. Sorry.

No way do I EVER bench Fitz. He's the man!