Sign in to follow this  
edjr

As of today, who is the consensus #1 pick in fantasy next year?

wow, i cant believe some of the names you guys are throwing out.

everything isn't so black and white. just because santana moss has better numbers than reggie wayne, i don't think you'll find a GM in the world who would rather have moss over wayne. trust me, that's true. if you own santana moss, go to the reggie wayne owner and offer it straight up...you'll get laughed at. that same thinking applies to the #1 overall pick next year (or, how this question really is, if you redrafted today, who would you take #1?)

right now, if you redrafted again, you would take either Marion Barber III or Adrian Peterson #1 overall (if you knew what was good for you).

these guys are sample sets a little bigger than 5 games (like turner, or slaton, or forte). you know more what they're capable of and play on good teams.

turner - turner will never go #1 overall. ever. in his life. he's not LT. he's had some big games against some bad teams, but he'll never be taken over guys like AP. first round? maybe, yes, only maybe. sure, you can take turner, but then you have guys like LT and Addai who you know can sustain it over time (because they've done it before), it makes it very hard to take a guy who's only done it for 3 out of his first 5 games as a starter.

get what i'm saying here?

everything isn't so black and white. just because santana moss has better numbers than reggie wayne, i don't think you'll find a GM in the world who would rather have moss over wayne. trust me, that's true. if you own santana moss, go to the reggie wayne owner and offer it straight up...you'll get laughed at. that same thinking applies to the #1 overall pick next year (or, how this question really is, if you redrafted today, who would you take #1?)

right now, if you redrafted again, you would take either Marion Barber III or Adrian Peterson #1 overall (if you knew what was good for you).

these guys are sample sets a little bigger than 5 games (like turner, or slaton, or forte). you know more what they're capable of and play on good teams.

turner - turner will never go #1 overall. ever. in his life. he's not LT. he's had some big games against some bad teams, but he'll never be taken over guys like AP. first round? maybe, yes, only maybe. sure, you can take turner, but then you have guys like LT and Addai who you know can sustain it over time (because they've done it before), it makes it very hard to take a guy who's only done it for 3 out of his first 5 games as a starter.

que?

he hasn't done it yet, but it would not surprise me if brandon marshall worked his name into this discussion by year's end.

It sure as heck won't be Ryan @#$%-ing Grant.

At this point of the season, 2009 looks like the most unpredictable draft in the history of fantasy football. I would trade out of the #1 spot as soon as I could.

LT is starting to break down and it will get worse. It always starts small, with little nagging hammies or toes or calves, but progressively gets worse season by season until they're totally ineffective (see Eddie George or SA or Priest). LT will go higher next year than the value he will give his owner, because of the name value he has built up or, as in your point, because he's had sustained production over time. I agree with your point about sustained production being more important than someone who's only done it once, but you have to know when it doesn't apply. LT is one case where it no longer applies.

Addai hasn't sustained anything, really. This is only his second year as the starter, and he's already shown a propensity for nagging injuries. On top of that, what's he "sustaining" this year? He got a couple of TDs against Jax, but otherwise his season has been pretty ordinary (and by ordinary, I mean RB2).

I was going to flame this post to a crisp but I just couldn't figure out where to start.

Why does Marshall get so much love on here? He scored 40 points (ppr) his first week back from suspension but has gone down each week since then. I fail to see what makes him any better than the other top tier WRs?

There's no consensus at this point, and I don't think there will be next year.

It could even be Slaton, Forte, Jonathan Stewart, McFadden, Ryan Torain, MJD, Chris Johnson if they finish the season big.

How can you put Torain on this list and not have Bush? Torain won't even be a 1st rd pick next year. Way too much hype for a guy who hasn't done anything.

Tom Brady. No way he repeats this year's stats.

Comeback player of the year is a lock next year. :overhead:

How can you put Torain on this list and not have Bush? Torain won't even be a 1st rd pick next year. Way too much hype for a guy who hasn't done anything.

Because I don't know what Torain can do. Most people know what Bush can do. If Torain runs for 1200 yards and 12 TDs over the last 1/2 of the season, somebody might take him. They probably won't, but they might.