Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

Romo Out 4 Weeks

I love it!!!!!!!!!! All the shiot pussdaddy talks about players getting hurt and now karma has turned on the d0uche. Romo is a puss and now he's out for 4 weeks. The Cowboys were already frauds, but now their team is on the brink of implosing. Crybaby Owens wouldn't talk to reporters after the game, Homo is hurt, Felix Jones is having an MRI, their punter walks out on crutches. Of course, these will all be excuses for Cowboys fans if they lose 2 of the next 3 games. :overhead:

Can't wait to see what the loud mouth bandwagon dillhole pussdaddy has to say about this.

:huh:

Believe or don't, but one word - karma.

Your 2008 NFC East champions, The New York Giants! :rolleyes:

Come on, man. We're not even half way through the season. As a Giants fan, you should have your sights set a little higher than a divisional championship. Even more so, you should know that even if you don't win the division you can still win the super bowl.

We Eagles fans know this . . . all those divisional championships and no SuperBowls to show for it. :ninja:

Medical from Stephania Bell: ESPN's Michael Smith is reporting that Romo suffered a broken pinkie on his throwing hand and the injury is expected to keep him out for approximately a month. Before you start wondering how an injury to this tiny finger can sideline someone for so long, there are a few things to consider. First, and most obvious, a broken bone anywhere hurts -- a lot -- making that part almost useless. And the pinkie is very important when it comes to gripping a ball. As Dr. Mark Davies, assistant chief of orthopedic surgery at Kaiser Permanente San Jose, points out, "The majority of your grip strength comes from your fourth and fifth digits. You could potentially throw a football, although it might be difficult, with your index finger away from the ball. But it would be much more difficult to throw a football without the strength of your pinkie finger."

Case in point: According to coach Wade Phillips' statements in his Monday news conference, Romo suffered the injury on the first play of his final series (in overtime). Initially, Romo thought he had sprained the finger, but then, the quarterback struggled to throw the ball because he was having trouble gripping it.

Typical treatment for a broken bone in a finger, in the absence of a severe break that would require surgery -- early reports indicate Romo won't need surgery -- is splinting to keep the bone immobile and allow it to heal. One of the side consequences of immobilization, however, is stiffness of all the soft tissue (muscle, tendon, ligament) around that bone. In some cases, after an initial period of immobilization but before the fracture is completely healed, the athlete will be allowed out of the splint for brief periods for range-of-motion exercises. The goal is to prevent the excessive stiffness that could result from splinting alone. It typically takes three to four weeks for a finger fracture to heal, and that's what the Cowboys are looking at.

Now, it does depend somewhat on where the fracture is. If it's in the very tip of the finger, the period of immobilization and all the potential associated consequences are less. If the break is closer to where the finger meets the hand, the picture becomes more complicated. The concern for a quarterback like Romo is getting adequate range of motion and strength back to be able to deliver the ball with velocity and accuracy. I'll be watching this closely the next couple of days.

As Dr. Mark Davies, assistant chief of orthopedic surgery at Kaiser Permanente San Jose, points out, "The majority of your grip strength comes from your fourth and fifth digits. You could potentially throw a football, although it might be difficult, with your index finger away from the ball. But it would be much more difficult to throw a football without the strength of your pinkie finger."
and the head book worm, library nerd has ever thrown a football to understand the mechanics of the fingers and the follow through ??

Someone explain "with your index finger away from the ball" ???

The pinkie is clearly the least important, being the smallest, weakest, and the first to leave the ball. Each finger grows more important in the follow through, with the index being the most important.

I think Romo will come back with that finger taped up in some way, and it won't effect his release. Index or middle finger, different story.

and the head book worm, library nerd has ever thrown a football to understand the mechanics of the fingers and the follow through ??

Someone explain "with your index finger away from the ball" ???

The pinkie is clearly the least important, being the smallest, weakest, and the first to leave the ball. Each finger grows more important in the follow through, with the index being the most important.

I think Romo will come back with that finger taped up in some way, and it won't effect his release. Index or middle finger, different story.

wrong. very wrong

while i do believe romo could play, the pinkie finger has a greater effect on throwing a football than the index finger especially for a QB who likes to flick the ball as Romo does.

ofcourse taking any one finger away from the ball will effect the pass but the index finger would be the least to do so. What he means by taking the index finger away is simply grip a football normally, then raise the index finger so it is not making contact with the football. Now throw it. Do the same while lifting your pinkie. Not only is it harder to lift your pinkie away from the football in the first place but I think you will find it harder to throw the ball as far or as quick as you want.

Mcnabb broke his ankle vs. the Cardinals and threw 4 TDs with the injury.

Just sayin' :doublethumbsup:

wrong. very wrong

while i do believe romo could play, the pinkie finger has a greater effect on throwing a football than the index finger especially for a QB who likes to flick the ball as Romo does.

ofcourse taking any one finger away from the ball will effect the pass but the index finger would be the least to do so. What he means by taking the index finger away is simply grip a football normally, then raise the index finger so it is not making contact with the football. Now throw it. Do the same while lifting your pinkie. Not only is it harder to lift your pinkie away from the football in the first place but I think you will find it harder to throw the ball as far or as quick as you want.

wrong, very wrong.

I can throw a pass almost the exact same way, with my first 3 fingers on the laces like normal and have my pinkie OFF the ball, or taped up to where it's along for the ride.

No way you can do this with the index finger.

Try holding the laces without the index finger....you now need to move your 3 fingers up on the laces to get the leverage and even out the pressure on the ball, and there's a completely different feel. This would take forever to get used to and get the the NFL level, basically learning how to throw again.

Go get a football and try.

"Romo will not require surgery but is expected to miss four weeks with his injury. While quarterbacks such as Favre and Drew Bledsoe -- the quarterback Romo replaced in Dallas -- have played with broken fingers, the Cowboys explain that the pinkie is essential in gripping the ball whereas other fingers are more involved in delivering accurate passes and taking direct snaps from under center."

The pinkie is part of gripping the ball, (no shiat as are all 4), DELIVERING ACCURATE PASSES is what the other larger fingers are needed for.

wrong, very wrong.

I can throw a pass almost the exact same way, with my first 3 fingers on the laces like normal and have my pinkie OFF the ball, or taped up to where it's along for the ride.

No way you can do this with the index finger.

Try holding the laces without the index finger....you now need to move your 3 fingers up on the laces to get the leverage and even out the pressure on the ball, and there's a completely different feel. This would take forever to get used to and get the the NFL level, basically learning how to throw again.

Go get a football and try.

"Romo will not require surgery but is expected to miss four weeks with his injury. While quarterbacks such as Favre and Drew Bledsoe -- the quarterback Romo replaced in Dallas -- have played with broken fingers, the Cowboys explain that the pinkie is essential in gripping the ball whereas other fingers are more involved in delivering accurate passes and taking direct snaps from under center."

The pinkie is part of gripping the ball, (no shiat as are all 4), DELIVERING ACCURATE PASSES is what the other larger fingers are needed for.

have played some QB before and i still submit the pinkie is more important than the index finger. removing the stability the pinkie provides more toward the middle of the ball will hurt your acuracy and velocity. imagine using your whole hand but sliding it bakc on the ball (i.e having your pinkie where your ring finger is and so on) try throwing the ball now... your throws will be much much weaker.

ive never injured either but if you take some throws removing each finger from the ball its much more stable with the pinkie on there

Report: Romo to throw, status re-evaluated?

Romo

Speaking on a local radio show, Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said Tony Romo would throw in practice in Wednesday and his status could be re-evaluated.

The fallout from Brett Favre's phone call? There's no guarantee that Romo's throwing session will go well, so check back later in the day for updates. We wouldn't bet on seeing Romo behind center Sunday at St. Louis, but it seems reasonable that he could beat his original four-week timetable. Oct. 15 - 10:13 am et

Source: Dallas Morning News

Lookslike Brett's phone call had an effect on him. :pointstosky:

Cowboys | Romo says he is ready to play Week 7 Published Wed Oct 15 6:32:12 p.m. CT 2008

(KFFL) ESPN.com reports Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo (pinkie) informed his coaches he is ready to play in the team's Week 7 game, a source told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley. Romo threw on the sidelines and observers said he was able to throw the ball with good velocity. He also appeared confident after throwing.

Going up against the Romo/Brad J. owner this week so I hope Romo does try to play. He'll most like be less than 80% and the whole Dallas Offense will suffer with his mistakes. :doublethumbsup:

I broke this story first here. Looks like Romo will play Sunday. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The team said Romo looked crisp and accurate when he threw today.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80bab81b

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3645737

Too bad for the Cowboys. The team was finally going to start a QB that can handle pressure.

Too bad for the Cowboys. The team was finally going to start a QB that can handle pressure.

McNabb choked in the playoffs and vomited in the Superbowl.

Rock em time Dallas. Roy the boy Williams and T.O. will be one of the best duos since Batman and Robin- Will Smith and Martin Lawrence- These Bad Boys will steal the spotlight from any foe. Gotta keep up with the all mighty NFC east. The NY Giants have bigger problems now than they did last Monday night. It's go time

I love it!!!!!!!!!! All the shiot pussdaddy talks about players getting hurt and now karma has turned on the d0uche. Romo is a puss and now he's out for 4 weeks. The Cowboys were already frauds, but now their team is on the brink of implosing. Crybaby Owens wouldn't talk to reporters after the game, Homo is hurt, Felix Jones is having an MRI, their punter walks out on crutches. Of course, these will all be excuses for Cowboys fans if they lose 2 of the next 3 games. :music_guitarred:

Can't wait to see what the loud mouth bandwagon dillhole pussdaddy has to say about this.

:dunno:

As a cowboys fan, i can acknowledge a lot of us are annoying as hell. But you as a cowboy hater are much worse. Even worse than pimptdaddy and thats saying something. Ok, you're not as bad as him. I don't understand why you hate Romo so much. By all accounts he's a very cool guy off the field. Case in point.

On the field, he's a pretty damn good QB. Any reasonable fan will say he's a top 10 qb. At times he's a very frustrating QB to watch fore sure but he is also very fun to watch. I just don't get why so many people hate Romo.

Jerry says Romo's chances looks promising

Asked Thursday his thoughts on Tony Romo's (pinkie) playing status for Week 7, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Romo it looks "promising."

Jones also said earlier Thursday that Romo "could very well play" at St. Louis, but ultimately it is Wade Phillips' decision, not Jerry's. We think. At this point, we'd be mildly surprised if Romo doesn't play, although we may not find out for sure until Sunday. If Romo starts in such a good matchup, you have to use him, broken pinkie and all. Oct. 16 - 1:46 pm et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=127241

As a cowboys fan, i can acknowledge a lot of us are annoying as hell. But you as a cowboy hater are much worse. Even worse than pimptdaddy and thats saying something. Ok, you're not as bad as him. I don't understand why you hate Romo so much. By all accounts he's a very cool guy off the field. Case in point.

On the field, he's a pretty damn good QB. Any reasonable fan will say he's a top 10 qb. At times he's a very frustrating QB to watch fore sure but he is also very fun to watch. I just don't get why so many people hate Romo.

I don't think people hate him they just think he is over rated. The Cowboys are 5-5 in their last 10 games, that is a team with 13 pro bowlers. I think an average QB could accomplish that.

have played some QB before and i still submit the pinkie is more important than the index finger. removing the stability the pinkie provides more toward the middle of the ball will hurt your acuracy and velocity. imagine using your whole hand but sliding it bakc on the ball (i.e having your pinkie where your ring finger is and so on) try throwing the ball now... your throws will be much much weaker.

ive never injured either but if you take some throws removing each finger from the ball its much more stable with the pinkie on there

I guess someone was proved right....with Romo throwing WITH velocity and accuracy a few days after fracturing his pinkie. The pinkie is "along for the ride" in throwing a football, providing a bit of pressure (but the least of all the fingers).

For someone who played QB (like me), not sure how you don't see that. I would've thought I'd had this arguement with a "Madden EA Sports" QB.

If he broke any other finger, he wouldn't be able to hit the side of a barn today.

The Romo Empire lives! Romo practiced this week and he has proved he is a stud QB with toughness.

Whoa, a Dallas Empire sighting. Is Pimp banned again? :overhead:

From RotoWorld:

Brad Johnson to start for Cowboys Sunday

The Sporting News reports Brad Johnson will start for the Cowboys Sunday against the Rams.

Jerry Jones made the announcement to a throng of reporters Saturday. Tony Romo will be active for the game, but the Cowboys don't want to risk further injury to his broken pinkie. Romo owners who have handcuffed Johnson need to make the lineup switch. Other owners will want to consider Johnson as a bye week fill-in against the porous Rams defense. Oct. 18 - 10:09 pm et

Source: SportingsNews.com

This is the correct move by Dallas.