Sign in to follow this  
We Tigers

Move LT or move Thomas Jones?

Won this week to get to 2-4. I hit a pair of 3-3 teams next, so I have a chance to scrape back into the upper tier of the league with a couple of wins. Pretty happy with how the back end of the season is shaping up, but thinking about some moves as well. I start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, and a W/R flex along with the usual TE/K/DST. .5 PPR.

QB: Brees, Garrard

WR: Braylon, DeSean, Welker, Walter, Moore, Engram

RB: LT, Slaton, Graham, T. Jones, Hightower, F. Jones

I might be able to get Boldin for LT from a guy who's lost 2 in a row, or Andre Johnson for LT from a 1-5er. If I do that, I probably start Braylon + Boldin/AJ every week, and then allocate the likes of DeSean, Welker, Graham, Jones, and Slaton across the 2RB + flex slots the rest of the way. So far, I've started 3 RBs every week, but would probably send out quite a few more 3WR packages in this scenario. All in all, I'd probably like to stick with LT (he's struggling, but still scoring as a top-10 back over the past 4 weeks), but this possibility intrigues me.

The other option on the table would be to send TJ out after his monster week, for Ward, Cotchery, or Lee Evans. Not sure any of them give me much more than the consistency that both Welker and DeSean have shown so far, at least not enough to merit the drop in RB depth. In my trade-averse league, I'd be unlikely to grab more than that level of WR for TJ. Thoughts? I enjoy having the RB depth to play matchups, but would dig having a little more upside at receiver.

Won this week to get to 2-4. I hit a pair of 3-3 teams next, so I have a chance to scrape back into the upper tier of the league with a couple of wins. Pretty happy with how the back end of the season is shaping up, but thinking about some moves as well. I start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, and a W/R flex along with the usual TE/K/DST. .5 PPR.

QB: Brees, Garrard

WR: Braylon, DeSean, Welker, Walter, Moore, Engram

RB: LT, Slaton, Graham, T. Jones, Hightower, F. Jones

I might be able to get Boldin for LT from a guy who's lost 2 in a row, or Andre Johnson for LT from a 1-5er. If I do that, I probably start Braylon + Boldin/AJ every week, and then allocate the likes of DeSean, Welker, Graham, Jones, and Slaton across the 2RB + flex slots the rest of the way. So far, I've started 3 RBs every week, but would probably send out quite a few more 3WR packages in this scenario. All in all, I'd probably like to stick with LT (he's struggling, but still scoring as a top-10 back over the past 4 weeks), but this possibility intrigues me.

The other option on the table would be to send TJ out after his monster week, for Ward, Cotchery, or Lee Evans. Not sure any of them give me much more than the consistency that both Welker and DeSean have shown so far, at least not enough to merit the drop in RB depth. In my trade-averse league, I'd be unlikely to grab more than that level of WR for TJ. Thoughts? I enjoy having the RB depth to play matchups, but would dig having a little more upside at receiver.

i would trade tj also. you really wont start him that often. evans or even cotchery for tj would be ok. keep l.t. imo. thanks for mine

I like TJ for Evans.... Cotch is splitting the load with Coles... (who is coming on pretty fast)

Thanks for mine...

If you feel like you need to make a move for Boldin or AJ I would lean towards AJ. The Cardinals have found a ton of young talent in Boldin's absence, so I question how many looks he is going to get once he returns. Really you have to go with your gut on if you think LT is going to continue to underperform or not.

Like the others, if feel like you need to make a move make one. If you do, go after evans, because he has good chemistry with Edwards who looks to be doing fine. Evans is also very underrated, so you might be able to keep TJ and dish a Walter, Hightower combo

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328914

I personally would trade LT for AJ straight up, especially since you have a flex spot and can afford to lose an RB. In my opinion LT is a tier 1 back while Johnson is a super tier 1 reciever. This also gives you the option to trade Walter who I personally think has great value as a flex player.

Trading TJ is also a smart move especially if you can get Evans.

Of course you can only make one of these trades and if it were my choice and I could pull the trigger then I would do the TJ trade first and if that fails the LT trade second. I think you win in both instances.

I'd point towards his poor yards per carry (averaging 3.8 right now, which is also what he did against Cincy's meager run D), unimpressive scoring (no TDs in weeks 2-4 and lousy yardage, too), and dominance of the passing game as reasons to value him under LT, Slaton, and Graham, particularly with Hightower on the bench. The passing game that was so dangerous against Arizona didn't exactly open things up for him, as he averaged a miserable 2.6 YPC. He seems to be the best balance of expendable and having trade value out of my RBs.

I'm in the minority here too and would trade LT for AJ. I think you are weaker at WR. LT just isn't what he used to be and you'll be fine with the Graham, TJ and Slaton each week and then 2 WRs.