Sign in to follow this  
jets24

Obama definitely won this debate

That little grin of McCain's disturbs me. He looks like he just pooped his pants.

more like nicholson in the shining...makes him look like he's going to pull out a soldering iron at any moment and stab obama in the neck.

his temper is also showing. he's tried several times to interrupt obama in a huff. not good.

Buhrock Obamasssssssssss

I organizesssssssssssss

and we do good thingsssssssssssssss in communitiesssssssssssssssssss

and we have many issuessssssssssssssss to disssssscussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssso

letssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss get to worksssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I am not Jimmy Cartersssssssssssssssssssssssssssss number twosssssssssssssssssssss.

His face does look a bit . . . sculpted from silly putty.

I really want him to win, but he just makes me want to squeeze his focking head and say stop doing what you're doing.

Obama has been knocked out. If he can't handle a Bill Ayers question, how the fock is he going to handle the loonies in the middle east??? McCain finally figured it out and he has shown Obama to be the fraud he is. :overhead:

more like nicholson in the shining...makes him look like he's going to pull out a soldering iron at any moment and stab obama in the neck.

his temper is also showing. he's tried several times to interrupt obama in a huff. not good.

:overhead: That's funny. Heeeereee's JOHNNY!

I really want him to win, but he just makes me want to squeeze his focking head and say stop doing what you're doing.

Agreed, he's finally shown up prepared for a debate. Too bad that no matter what he says, every mainstream media poll will claim Obama won. [insert conspiracy theory here]

Obama has been knocked out. If he can't handle a Bill Ayers question, how the fock is he going to handle the loonies in the middle east??? McCain finally figured it out and he has shown Obama to be the fraud he is. :overhead:

the rolling of the eyes and his highly-wound mannerisms tonight do not equate to this mythical victory you are delusionarily promoting.

Didnt Sen. McCain say earlier about how he was tired of the negative attacks...

yes. and he said he didn't do them. and then he attacked obama. hysterical.

every time mccain looks into the camera and says "joe plumber" the women uncommitted voter screen poll thingy plummets :overhead:

hey, women can be plumbers too...and (gasp) they can even vote!

Wow-watching on CNN and when McCain talked about the 5K credit for health care, the trackers just hit the floor...was the most dramatic move I've seen tonight.

every time mccain looks into the camera and says "joe plumber" the women uncommitted voter screen poll thingy plummets :overhead:

hey, women can be plumbers too...and (gasp) they can even vote!

you're right, I guess American's don't like plumbers.

Wow-watching on CNN and when McCain talked about the 5K credit for health care, the trackers just hit the floor...was the most dramatic move I've seen tonight.

Did they understand the difference between income tax and tax credits?

Didnt Sen. McCain say earlier about how he was tired of the negative attacks...

He said he was tired of the negative attacks...

Then he attacked Obama on ACORN and Ayers...

Then he said he campaign was about "the issues that matter to the American people...

:overhead:

Then he said he campaign was about "the issues that matter to the American people...

Those issues might not matter to you, but they do to others.

So who's winning? I'm not watching.

Those issues might not matter to you, but they do to others.

Yeah...they matter to approximately 9% of Americans according to the most recent poll I saw.

So who's winning? I'm not watching.

Meh, hard to say. I'd have said McCain early on, until he started in with the silly attacks from one side of his mouth while bemoaning them out of the other.

$4000 for college should help everyone out. That's like, half of a class.

Really.

Maybe community college kids would benefit, but that's not even going to cover the cafeteria bill at most major universities.

Meh, hard to say. I'd have said McCain early on, until he started in with the silly attacks from one side of his mouth while bemoaning them out of the other.

This is the first debate where there is a clear cut winner. The 1st debate was very close and I couldn't disagree with any arguments on both sides. The 2nd debate favored Obama with the line of questioning and I would say that he probably won that debate. This debate is not even close, McCain is wiping the floor with him. Obama would have been better off not showing up. I am sure that the dems with the liberal blinders will disagree, but anyone watching it objectively would agree.

Really.

Maybe community college kids would benefit, but that's not even going to cover the cafeteria bill at most major universities.

What's the point of doing it then? Everytime more money is made available for schools, tuition goes through the roof. It's a bigger scam than health insurance. :thumbsdown:

What's the point of doing it then? Everytime more money is made available for schools, tuition goes through the roof. It's a bigger scam than health insurance. :thumbsdown:

This is economics at work. Simple economics, really. More money chasing the same number of goods, prices are going to rise.

Still, on balance I think it's better for folks to have the opportunity than not.

This is the first debate where there is a clear cut winner. The 1st debate was very close and I couldn't disagree with any arguments on both sides. The 2nd debate favored Obama with the line of questioning and I would say that he probably won that debate. This debate is not even close, McCain is wiping the floor with him. Obama would have been better off not showing up. I am sure that the dems with the liberal blinders will disagree, but anyone watching it objectively would agree.

Doesn't matter what you think. The polls will show tomorrow that Obama won. Too bad too, cause I agree with you completely.

I wont change my vote for mccain...i thought he was impressive tonight....he was smart to finally point out what we all have for ages...you arent running vs george bush....obama seemed thrown off by that and he really tried to avoid the ACORN topic..

he slipped in the kill obama part when obama said that mccain didnt say it was inappropriate..mccain DID stop and tell his people that obama is a good person..when people booed..he didnt mention that tonight...

all in all...ill be behind whoever wins..i know a lot of people who didnt want W and threatened to leave the country etc....i dont care for those people at all..its their choice and i hope they DID leave...

thats a slap in the face of anyone who has ever fought for this country...i wont go anywhere if obama wins..i wont b1tch, moan and be as some were the entire time W or Clinton were president..

I hope whoever wins helps us all..we need it..but simply saying so and so wont help you isnt good enough...i want to hear people talk about their person and the positives...all you hear are...

im voting for obama because mccains old..huh?

im voting for mccain because obamas black...huh?..and its both sides...

obama seemed thrown off by that and he really tried to avoid the ACORN topic..

I think the definition of thrown off has to be John's reaction when I pointed out that Joe the Plumber's business would be exempt from his required business health care.

:music_guitarred:

what are we and others and the media discussing? Who is going to deal with the Israel-Iran situation or Ayers and

voter fraud?

:dunno:

Gotta love the right-wingers on this board! John McCain comes out making pathetic, desperate accusations while Obama remains cool, calm and above it all, yet the right-wingers are convinced McCain won! :music_guitarred:

Well here is a tip for you guys: anger does not win elections. You guys might think that McCain did great because YOU are angry, because YOU want to see him bring up Ayers and ACORN, because YOU want to see him wildly misconstrue Obama's plans and positions--but most of the American public is not with you. Every time that McCain interrupted Obama, every time that he made his grimace at what Obama said, every time he threw out a transparent smear--that only HURT McCain. Poll after poll has shown that going negative has hurt McCain and elevated Obama, yet what did he do tonight? He went even more negative! And Obama reacted perfectly by not taking the bait, by addressing and refuting each and every wild accusation by McCain, and by projecting leadership and STRENGTH. So you right-wingers can talk all you want about McCain getting tough, the fact is that, as with everything else he has done since he named Palin as his running mate, McCain only hurt himself tonight.

Gotta love the right-wingers on this board! John McCain comes out making pathetic, desperate accusations while Obama remains cool, calm and above it all, yet the right-wingers are convinced McCain won! :music_guitarred:

Well here is a tip for you guys: anger does not win elections. You guys might think that McCain did great because YOU are angry, because YOU want to see him bring up Ayers and ACORN, because YOU want to see him wildly misconstrue Obama's plans and positions--but most of the American public is not with you. Every time that McCain interrupted Obama, every time that he made his grimace at what Obama said, every time he threw out a transparent smear--that only HURT McCain. Poll after poll has shown that going negative has hurt McCain and elevated Obama, yet what did he do tonight? He went even more negative! And Obama reacted perfectly by not taking the bait, by addressing and refuting each and every wild accusation by McCain, and by projecting leadership and STRENGTH. So you right-wingers can talk all you want about McCain getting tough, the fact is that, as with everything else he has done since he named Palin as his running mate, McCain only hurt himself tonight.

It's a tip, the moderator brought up those things, not McCain.

Schieffer: Sen. Obama, your campaign has used words like "erratic," "out of touch," "lie," "angry," "losing his bearings" to describe Sen. McCain.

Sen. McCain, your commercials have included words like "disrespectful," "dangerous," "dishonorable," "he lied." Your running mate said he "palled around with terrorists."

Are each of you tonight willing to sit at this table and say to each other's face what your campaigns and the people in your campaigns have said about each other?

And, Sen. McCain, you're first.

Sitting here this morning and the news was on but I wasn't watching and they showed clips from the debate. Obama started talking and it finally hit me who his voice sounds like.... Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. So, now all I can picture Obama saying is:

If ya smelllllllll what Barak is cooking