Sign in to follow this  
Ironmen

Shockey 'good to go'

Shockey 'good to go': Saints TE Jeremy Shockey is expected to return for a divisional game Sunday at Carolina. "Good to go," said Shockey, his teeth chattering intermittently after he emerged from an ice bath following Thursday's practice. Shockey had sports hernia surgery on Sept. 23. He started practicing on a limited basis last week, but sat out last Sunday's win over Oakland. "Everything has felt better every day and that's very encouraging," he said. "It's the first time that I can actually sneeze without feeling like I'm getting stabbed, like in a bar." The Saints also waived tight end Sean Ryan, who was New Orleans' third option at that position while Shockey was out last week. Through the first three games of the season, Shockey was the Saints' second-leading receiver with 16 catches for 151 yards.

(Updated 10/16/2008) - sportsline

Shockey 'good to go': Saints TE Jeremy Shockey is expected to return for a divisional game Sunday at Carolina. "Good to go," said Shockey, his teeth chattering intermittently after he emerged from an ice bath following Thursday's practice. Shockey had sports hernia surgery on Sept. 23. He started practicing on a limited basis last week, but sat out last Sunday's win over Oakland. "Everything has felt better every day and that's very encouraging," he said. "It's the first time that I can actually sneeze without feeling like I'm getting stabbed, like in a bar." The Saints also waived tight end Sean Ryan, who was New Orleans' third option at that position while Shockey was out last week. Through the first three games of the season, Shockey was the Saints' second-leading receiver with 16 catches for 151 yards.

(Updated 10/16/2008) - sportsline

Stabbed, like in a bar?

WTF?

heard on local radio he's going to play about 50% of snaps, sounds like may want to consider other options if available. I have Zach Miller, who I like a lot against the Jets and plan to start over Shockey.

heard on local radio he's going to play about 50% of snaps, sounds like may want to consider other options if available. I have Zach Miller, who I like a lot against the Jets and plan to start over Shockey.

If this is true, then I might have to keep him benched 1 more week, and start Bo Scaife.

I have Shockey and Kellen Winslow. I can't decide which one to start since each one of them is coming back from an injury. I wish ESPN would hurry up with the status of these guys.

I have Shockey and Kellen Winslow. I can't decide which one to start since each one of them is coming back from an injury. I wish ESPN would hurry up with the status of these guys.

I'm in the exact same boat. I have no idea who I'll be starting. Right now Winslow is in my lineup but can't find anything new on him.