Sign in to follow this  
hungt23

Major Trade

My team is 5-2. My RB's are Gore, McFadden, JStewart, McClain, and Benson.

His team is 1-6. His RB's are Westbrook, Edge, Rudi, Buckhalter, and Ricky Williams.

I trade him McFadden and JStew for Westbrook and Buckhalter.

This is a keeper's league and I will have to drop Gore and Westbrook from my roster next year. He will get to keep McFadden and JStew. These two rookies were going to be my keepers for next year.

Is this fair? Would others think it's collusion? I am the commish and I don't want other to think I am cheating, which I am not. I am just trying to better my team this and deal with next year later.

Thanks.

His team is 1-6. His RB's are Westbrook, Edge, Rudi, Buckhalter, and Ricky Williams.

This is a keeper's league and I will have to drop Gore and Westbrook from my roster next year. He will get to keep McFadden and JStew. These two rookies were going to be my keepers for next year.

Is this fair? Would others think it's collusion? I am the commish and I don't want other to think I am cheating, which I am not. I am just trying to better my team this and deal with next year later.

Thanks.

I don't like it, but I think it's fair.

It's reasonable to believe that McFadden will be great for years to come. Stewart could very well become the same thing in Carolina. While Westy is great, he is giving up a 29 year old running back that simply can't stay healthy. If he can get rid of Westy now then do it. What if Westy doesn't come back this year due to his ribs, what if he retires, what if he "hits the wall" like all rb's that hit 30 do? Right now is the best time to unload Westy in a keeper league. Getting two potential stud running backs is more than fair.

It's also fair for you. Obviously Westy should be better than either one the rest of the year and it will help you short term.

No collusion. Simply a trade for one team making a run this year and the other team is working on the next 3-4 years.

In a keeper league this trade is completely fair, and has to be let go. These are the exact type of trades that should occur in keeper leagues. Teams that are contending are making moves for now, while teams that are out of it should be building upon their future. Very good deal for both teams involved considering the records and keeper league statuses.

i would have to say that if i was an owner in this league i would question it. yes it helps one guy next year but if i am a team going for a championship this year and you pull this trade off to try to make a push this year,even though it may not payoff you are creating a better chance of it for yourself. Mcfadden has not done anything this year and stewart is up and down. come on he will have a bunch of back up runningbacks this year....... while you get yourself another solid starter.... there has to be another position that guy needs that you could give up to try to make the deal closer to even.... just my opinion <_<

Absolutely nothing wrong with this trade. You might get a crybaby owner who hates to see your team get stronger and question the trade though.

Thanks.

Did you and the other owner agree to split the league winnings and splurge on a case of Piels while you gloated about the sad-sacks in your league? No? Then it isn't collusion.

Will someone complain? Probably.

Should they complain? No.

I am not trying to be a smart aleck but do you know what Collusion is?

Collusion has NOTHING to do with if a trade is fair or lopsided. It only deals with if two owners are trying to cheat the rest of the league. If you are part of the trade then you know if you are working with another owner to cheat.

Congrats! you just made the 100th 'collusion' post on the board this year. I don't understand why 99 of them, including this one, get asked. There is NO reason to veto this trade.

Why would it be collusion? Do you even know what collusion is?

If you know what collusion is then you can answer your own question, so I am not sure why you would post it

If you don't know what collusion is then here is the definition.

1. a secret agreement, esp. for fraudulent or treacherous purposes; conspiracy: Some of his employees were acting in collusion to rob him.

2. Law. a secret understanding between two or more persons to gain something illegally, to defraud another of his or her rights, or to appear as adversaries though in agreement: collusion of husband and wife to obtain a divorce.

I give up. From now on my answer to all these questions is..." Yes the trade is unfair and most likely collusion. The trade should not be allowed. In fact, no trades should be allowed. You draft your players at the start of the year and then you're stuck with them until the bitter end. If you want to trade for a certain player, too bad. You should have drafted him in the first place. So, in conclusion, NO MORE TRADES......EVER!!!!! "

It's fair but why the hell would you leave yourself dry as a bone next yr.... can't keep gore or westy and give away 2 rookies with great futures...don't get it :wall: