Sign in to follow this  
quikpoor

Should I have overturned this trade?

Guys, I guess I'm just looking for some peace of mind here. This is trade that happened 2 weeks ago and I am still taking heat for not overturning it.

Team A gets: Portis, Coles, Colston (injured at the time)

Team B gets: L.Johnson (before the whole suspension thing), R.White, D.Garrard

Now Team B was 0-5 at the time, but needed a QB for the next week. Everyone was upset that he gave up Portis in the deal, but he also has Ronnie Brown (who at the time had a higher average than Portis).

I agree that the deal seems a little lopsided, but I didn't think it was bad enough to overturn.

Is it just sour grapes from the other owners, or did I screw it up?

Not a bad deal. Fair trade even though the team that got portis made out. at the time it was a fair trade. you made the right move.

I don't believe it was collusion (do you ever really know?); i think the 0-5 owner was just trying to make something happen.

2 weeks ago LJ was just one week off a 32.5 point game in my league, you might want to remind people of that.

Mid last week I was actually offered Addai plus extras for LJ plus even more extras, and for some bizarre reason (even though I had pursued dealing LJ) I turned it down, basically because I acted without thinking and pressed the button too quickly. It would have been the other way for the other guy had I accepted.

This was a really bad idea for Team B but he was 0-5 for a reason, bad judgment probably had something to do with that.

Two weeks ago this trade was fine. Colston was still hurt and a few weeks away. LJ was not suspended. ect.

Unless you know they had a side thing going on, or the 0-5 team was just dumping players then no way that should have been veto'd.

I hate people who whine about trades.

agreed...fock commish's who think they should have the hand of God....I am so sick of these stupid threads....IF THERE IS NO COLLUSION>>THERE IS NOTHING TO OVERTURN A$$MUNCH

Guys, I guess I'm just looking for some peace of mind here. This is trade that happened 2 weeks ago and I am still taking heat for not overturning it.

Team A gets: Portis, Coles, Colston (injured at the time)

Team B gets: L.Johnson (before the whole suspension thing), R.White, D.Garrard

Now Team B was 0-5 at the time, but needed a QB for the next week. Everyone was upset that he gave up Portis in the deal, but he also has Ronnie Brown (who at the time had a higher average than Portis).

I agree that the deal seems a little lopsided, but I didn't think it was bad enough to overturn.

Is it just sour grapes from the other owners, or did I screw it up?

The trade stands!

How do you go 0-5 with Brown and Portis?

Absolutely not. At the time both Portis and Johnson were playing at about the same level, R. White was and has been out-performing Coles and Colston was hurt but has big play potential.

Unless, you had a crystal ball and was able to forsee a LJ suspension, then there was no need to veto the trade as it was extremely fair for both teams at that time. People can't whine after the fact, it is always a chance you take on any player.

I would tell the whiners in your league to go pound sand and get over it.