Sign in to follow this  
LordsOfTheGridiron

Marshawn Lynch...Read to breakout?

So he's gotta nice easy schedule down the stretch. @KC, SF, MIA, @NYJ, @DEN

Where would you rank him over the next 5 weeks or so? I'm thinking he might be a top 7 or even a top 5 RB over the next 5 weeks...or am I deluding myself?

Secondly would you trade say a Michael Turner straight up for Lynch?

No delusion. My lineup is going BEAST-MODE :huh:

The Miami and NYJ games won't be monsters, but the others should be like Mon nite

I wouldn't trade Turner for him. And what's so easy about MIA and NYJ? last I checked they were stuffing the run.

Primary motivation to trade Turner is his poor showing against good Ds. I don't want to get burned again by one of his 50yds and no catches...but I'm torn whether or not to pull the trigger. It's a gamble...

Primary motivation to trade Turner is his poor showing against good Ds. I don't want to get burned again by one of his 50yds and no catches...but I'm torn whether or not to pull the trigger. It's a gamble...

IMHO I just think Turner has more upside. Lynch dink and dunked me for about 70-80 yards a week until I shipped his butt off for another RB. Lynch just totally folds unless it is the juiciest of matchups. Don't be fooled by last night, he got damn near 40 touches on the ball. It ain't happenin' again.

that was first game the Bills realized they had a franchise rb and rode him instead of playing ggames with Jackson every 3rd play.....will they keep it up

I actually made that trade a month ago. Gave up Turner straight up for Lynch, with an eye towards his matchups late in the season. Hasn't paid off quite yet, but the jury is still out on it.

i have both but am very wary of Turner. What you saw of the Bills on Monday is what you will see from here on out...they've underutilized Lynch all year and are going to make up for it now.

i have both but am very wary of Turner. What you saw of the Bills on Monday is what you will see from here on out...they've underutilized Lynch all year and are going to make up for it now.

As a Lynch owner myself, what are you basing this on? Local news? Expert analyses? Or just your opinion?

Thanks

As a Lynch owner myself, what are you basing this on? Local news? Expert analyses? Or just your opinion?

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. If I recall the Bills lost that game. What makes handing Lynch the rock 30+ times a winning strategy? Just curious.

Lynch's effort or his increased workload had nothing to do with the Bills loss. They lost the turnover battle 4-0 and still only lost by 2 points.

Lynch's effort or his increased workload had nothing to do with the Bills loss. They lost the turnover battle 4-0 and still only lost by 2 points.

The obvious reason they lost the game was Edwards. Quinn was the far better QB on the field on Monday. The Bills still had a chance to win in spite of Edwards, which is a testament to how bad Cleveland really is.

Buffalo would have won the game with Losman at QB.

Lynch almost singlehandedly won that game for the Bills. Edwards looks completely lost out there and it was pointed out that since the Bills lost Josh Reed the Bills passing game has experienced Constanza-like Shrinkage. And because teams are doubling Lee Evans the only "safe" targets that Edwards has are Royal and Lynch, and Royal isn't anything special. I'm not saying I'd rather have Turner over Lynch, I'm simply saying that it's a safe assumption to expect Lynch's #'s to come up because: 1.) Buffalo has nothing else right now. 2.) Edwards is struggling. 3.) Cold weather has arrived. 4.) They have a cupcake schedule for the most part.

The obvious reason they lost the game was Edwards. Quinn was the far better QB on the field on Monday. The Bills still had a chance to win in spite of Edwards, which is a testament to how bad Cleveland really is.

Buffalo would have won the game with Losman at QB.

I should also point out that Edwards led the go ahead drive on which he scored the TD himself, then led what should have been the winning drive. For his struggles, he still nearly helped them pull out a W at the end.

I should also point out that Edwards led the go ahead drive on which he scored the TD himself, then led what should have been the winning drive. For his struggles, he still nearly helped them pull out a W at the end.

He scored on a QB sneak from the ONE after Lynch had a 28 yard run. They had a chance to win that game inspite of Edwards.

He scored on a QB sneak from the ONE after Lynch had a 28 yard run. They had a chance to win that game inspite of Edwards.

If being an NFL QB is so damned easy, how come we don't see you out there? For the record, Edwards was 8-11 in the 2nd half for 83 yds (with one WR drop and one screen that went for -5 yrds) and a rushing TD. For all his struggles he was turnover free after halftime and if anybody lost that game for the Bills it was their defense. In fact, Edwards led his team to more points in the 2nd half than Cleveland got AND had them in position to win the game... you need to pay closer attention. The INT's hurt the team, no doubt, but were it not for 3 really bad play calls at the end where it was Lynch up the middle 3 times and a wide right missed FG, we'd be talking about how well they played down the stretch in bad weather.

If being an NFL QB is so damned easy, how come we don't see you out there?

I believe they invented the "rolleyes" emoticon for times like this.

:headbanger:

If being an NFL QB is so damned easy, how come we don't see you out there? For the record, Edwards was 8-11 in the 2nd half for 83 yds (with one WR drop and one screen that went for -5 yrds) and a rushing TD. For all his struggles he was turnover free after halftime and if anybody lost that game for the Bills it was their defense. In fact, Edwards led his team to more points in the 2nd half than Cleveland got AND had them in position to win the game... you need to pay closer attention. The INT's hurt the team, no doubt, but were it not for 3 really bad play calls at the end where it was Lynch up the middle 3 times and a wide right missed FG, we'd be talking about how well they played down the stretch in bad weather.

Did you watch the game? 8-11 meant 8 dump offs to Lynch. I don't remember a pass over 10 yards. Clevelands D was up nice and tight on the line because Edwards did nothing to move them. Don't talk about 8-11 when it's 5 yard passes to the RB he's throwing. Edwards was the reason they lost the game. He was not even looking downfield.

I believe they invented the "rolleyes" emoticon for times like this.

:unsure:

Pithy retort there skippy...nice comeback...way to support your stance...oh wait... :rolleyes:

Did you watch the game? 8-11 meant 8 dump offs to Lynch. I don't remember a pass over 10 yards. Clevelands D was up nice and tight on the line because Edwards did nothing to move them. Don't talk about 8-11 when it's 5 yard passes to the RB he's throwing. Edwards was the reason they lost the game. He was not even looking downfield.

When in the hell is everybody gonna realize there's a difference between being a great QB and a one that helps your team. No, he didn't "win" the game for them, and he tried his damnedest in the 1st half to lose it. But not making mistakes and moving your team down the field with passes of 21, 12, 11, 13 and 22 yrds and scoring a TD isn't "bad" by any means. You knock him for dumping to the RB...yeah, it's a really bad move to dump off to the best freaking player on the field. Damn, Peyton Manning is such a bum for relying on Joseph Addai this past weekend too right??? oh wait, time for another :rolleyes: I guess it would be better if he continued to look downfield at WR that aren't open and force passes in resulting in another 3 INTS, that helps the team right...oh crap...feel another one coming on :rolleyes:

Pithy retort there skippy...nice comeback...way to support your stance...oh wait... :unsure:

When in the hell is everybody gonna realize there's a difference between being a great QB and a one that helps your team. No, he didn't "win" the game for them, and he tried his damnedest in the 1st half to lose it. But not making mistakes and moving your team down the field with passes of 21, 12, 11, 13 and 22 yrds and scoring a TD isn't "bad" by any means. You knock him for dumping to the RB...yeah, it's a really bad move to dump off to the best freaking player on the field. Damn, Peyton Manning is such a bum for relying on Joseph Addai this past weekend too right??? oh wait, time for another :rolleyes: I guess it would be better if he continued to look downfield at WR that aren't open and force passes in resulting in another 3 INTS, that helps the team right...oh crap...feel another one coming on :rolleyes:

Edwards was not even looking downfield which is the problem. Don't you think the way Edwards was playing effected how the defense played? And don't you think how that defense was playing may have effected how successful/unsuccessful the Buffalo ground game was/could have been?

With absolutely no threat of a downfield passing game, the entire defense moves up which kills the running game. Jaws was harping on this the entire game. He was completely disgusted because Edwards refused to look downfield and loosen the D up.

I traded Randy Moss staright up for Lynch in the preseason - due to his playoff schedule. Last Monday he finaly displayed his BEAST MODE. He IMO will be a top 10 RB rest of the way -- same with LT and Gore who also have cake playoff scheduels.

I was wondering the same thing. If I recall the Bills lost that game. What makes handing Lynch the rock 30+ times a winning strategy? Just curious.

I foresee injuries - he gets way too many carries and way too much crap yardage. I might pick up Taylor to dish to my brother LOL.