Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Am I Trippin' Or A Fantasy Guru?

This post was 1st posted yesterday, when I was torn between Turner/Slaton. Had some great insight from ya'll and I appreciate it. However, you know how fantasy football can turn on a dime during the playoffs, and it has for me. Like all of you, I just found out today that Addai probably won't start. On a whim I grabbed Rhodes last week as a saftey blanket after Hillis went down. Now I have a 3-way quandry. .....

Isn't Rhodes the better start (only if Addai is ruled out) against Detroit than da Burner against TB or Slaton against TN?

Am I trippin? If so, someone please line me out.

I will reply to all links.

BTW....Congrats to all of you Playoff Contenders!!! :unsure:

I think Slaton is the better choice...he already had a good game against the Titans defense early in the season and he's playing even better now.

The Bucs defense is likely to play much better this week...probably a statement game for their run defense.

I like Slaton better too as I think Atlanta will have to pass a lot to have a chance to win. Bucs got their butts kicked on the ground and will make up for it on Turner. Go w/ Slaton who will catch 5 passes and have 100 plus combined yards. Please see mine. LeBron.

Slaton will figure big time in what could be a battle of ball control...sounds odd when you're talking about the Texans...but I think he is rising in value when Turner could be Hit or miss...I don't recall where the ATL game is, but Turner has been brutal on the road too.

Go with Slaton! Thanks for mine: seh2000

Turner is a must start. I don't understand why people think that TB will make a statement vs. the Falcons this weekend. Guys, the statement was made last Monday night vs. the Panthers. Now, the blueprint has been made and the Falcons will take the #1 rushing offense into the game vs. the Bucs. Turner will get his this weekend AT HOME where is has been a monster. Slaton is a good option this weekend as well, but don't be scared to start Turner. I know he will be in my starting lineup and I am expecting big things.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=335871

THANKS FOR YOUR POST..

alright the way i see it is Tenn Def is the best in the league.. slatons small size might help him break free on for 2 or 3 fairly big runs.. but i dont think he gets in the endzone..

as for turner he is going up against a TB Def that has been very solid. TB is coming off a short week after getting kicked in the face by DeAngelo and Stewart.. I think slaton is better for yards but if turner gets on that 1-5 yard line i expect him to score. TDs on top of yards is everything.. and i think turner is the play this week..

i am benching turner in favor of rhodes only if he starts (ppr as well). I just dont think turner will be able to tear away at the tampa d. And his line is no where near of that of carolina's

Tough choice...

Michael Turner is the most stereotypical "play the matchup" running back I've seen in a long time. He's not a must-start, in my opinion, his stats look like America's stock market right now (up and down up and down)...He only goes off vs. weak teams. He only had 42 yds against them week 2. They are playing better, and they are at home so you might want to keep him active...My point with all this is that he is not a must-start...

Week 1: 220 yds 2 TD DET (32)

Week 2: 42 yds 0 TD TB (18)

Week 3: 104 yds 3 TDs KC (31)

Week 4: 56 yds 0 TDS CAR (17)

Week 5: 121 yds 1 TD GB (27)

Week 6: 54 yds 0 TD CHI (6)

Week 7: Bye

Week 8: 58 yds 0 TD PHI (8)

Week 9: 139 yds 0 TD OAK (30)

Week 10: 96 yds 1 TD NO (20)

Week 11: 81 yds 2 TDs DEN (26)

Week 12: 117 yds 4 TD CAR (17)

Week 13: 120 yds 0 SD (13)

Week 14: 61 1 TD NO (20)

Against Defenses ranked 18th or better :42, 56, 54, 58, 117, 120 (4 TDs)

Against Defenses ranked 19th or worse: 220, 104, 121, 139, 96, 81, 61 (9 TDs)

18th of better: 74.5 ypg 0.5 TDPG

19th or worse: 117.4 ypg 1.3 TDPG

IMO, he's only the "Burner" vs. weak-a** defenses.

Hope this helped a little...

Please see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=336066

looks like the only good defense he torched was carolina....tampa rolled atl when they first met without garcia at qb. I think its gonna be a long day for turner owners who fell into this trap after watching mon night's game. Tampa played piss poor that night....they missed so many tackles they looked like a high school football team. I highly doubt that happens again

All previous posts concerned Slaton/Burner. Now Rhodes has reared his head. What would you do if it was your situation?

Wow. Nice move picking Rhodes up early. He definitely has more upside than both Slaton and Turner. Since you already have him...just wait and see what Addai is looking like throughout the week. (Me, on the other hand is sweating whether or not to drop someone and pick him up!)

Based on matchups, I rank them like this:

If Addai plays:

1. Slaton

2. Rhodes

3. Turner

If Addai doesn't play:

1. Rhodes

2. Slaton

3. Turner

I'd start Rhodes if Addai is out.

I'm starting him over R. Brown and P. Thomas, although I know they are not as good as your 2 RBs, they have pretty tough matchups (despite TB giving up like a million rushing yards last week).

If Addai plays i would play Turner over Slaton.

I would rank them based on the matchup as

Rhodes

Slaton

Turner

I would start Rhodes against DET. He will see around 25 touches against DET and will have a chance to score a couple of TD's to go along with over 100 total yards. Starting a player in fantasy playoffs comes down to who do you trust to get you the most points with less risk. For me its Rhodes. I would like to hear your opinion on my situation.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=336130