Sign in to follow this  
ben4uf

Bench your stud for Rhodes vs DET? WHIR

Dare I bench Portis for Rhodes?? I need the big points in the semis.

My other options are to play Rhodes at flex along with Portis and MJD at RB, but then I'd have to bench one of the following WRs:

Jennings @ JAX

Marshall @ CAr

AJohnson vs TEN

Decisions Decisions..anyone have thoughts on this? The whole "dont bench your studs" thing coming into play, but Rhodes matchup is just SO enticing! thanks for any input gents. :thumbsdown:

The old: "Don't Bench Your Studs" issue.

Go with this thought: Bush was averaging close to 12 pts per game. Was supposed to do awesome under the lights last night.........P. Thomas sits on my bench with 25 points. (I'm not angry about this, but I have let everyone under the sun know what an idiot I look like now.)

I don't think I could sit Portis. He's irritated from last week and has been extremely vocal about it. He's got a point to prove now.

I like the flex idea with Rhodes. In regards with who to sit? I like Tennessee's secondary; but Andre has been getting the looks alot. Marshall had a great game last week; but that was against the KC rookie secondary, and they're still in learning mode. But, I think Cutler will throw alot in this game.

I wouldn't bench Portis or MJD. they both have great matchups and will be getting a ton of carries this week.

IF Addai is definitely out, then I would probably bench AJ for Rhodes. Marshall and Jennings are must starts right now. Johnson has a very tough matchup, should still have a decent game, but Rhodes should have a HUGE game if he is the feature back this week.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=336272

I think both Portis and Rhodes have potential for big games. Rhodes because of the matchup and also looking to start at the least with the possibility that Addai will sit out the game completely. Portis because of his extra rest from BAL game, plenty of practice this week, his pride, his competitiveness, and the Redskins playoff hopes on the line. Get them both in your lineup if you can find a way.

I am starting them both along with Dunn. I still got S. Morris should something develop in the next 24 hours. I don't have your WR/RB problem for your flex position. This is definitely a RB for me given my lack of depth at WR.

Good luck to you.

I definitely like Portis over Rhodes, although I admit Rhodes could easily get 2 TDs this week and outperform Portis b/c of it.

I think you should do the unthinkable and bench Andre Johnson this week. Jennings and Marshall both have tremendous matchups and while Johnson is a phenomenal WR, he isn't a lock to score and in the first game against TEN he only caught 2 of the 12 passes (yes 12!) that were thrown his way. Obviously that was a long time ago, but with MJD, Portis and Rhodes all with must start matchups, this is one of those times when your tough decision is a good one to have to make.

Honestly, sitting Johnson feels like the right play to me. I think all 3 of those RBs are locks to score at least 1 TD this week. You can't say that about Johnson. You can't say it about your other 2 WRs either, but you can probably agree that Jennings and Marshall look to be your best WR plays.

D'oh! I listened to everyone and bench AJ LOL... :( hopefully Rhodes scores a few more so I dont look like a fool. At least I have AJ going for me in other league. :pointstosky:

Looks like your first inclination to bench Portis was correct. But who could know. I was pulling my hair out when the Skins got the ball to the 3 yard line and with C-Po in the backfield, gave him ZERO touches over the next three plays. There wasn't a fourth play because Sellers fumbled on 3rd down :-(

Rhodes was a great start, but for you benching AJ was not the best way to get at those Rhodes FPs...