Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

No WAY!

BMoney......I don't even know where to begin. You are awesome.

The Packers should have let Favre come back again this year. They probably would've ended up with a 11-5 record. Only that poor though, because of injuries. But Favre would have been able to prevent some of his defensive players from being injured. And Brett would have been able to change the teams schedule around by pulling a few strings, so that their schedule was as easy as last years'.

Plus then Favre probably would have played another 5-6 years and the Packers would have probably won another 2 Super Bowls.

Which that way when Rodgers left in free agency to start for another team, we'd get compensation for that C-quarterback.

And then when Favre did retire, we could just draft a solid quarterback or pick one up in free agency.

BMoney, I think you should be the GM for the Packers. Keep up the good work.

:dunno:

with favre, i expected 9-10 wins....with the injuries...maybe thats 8-9 wins....

youre right..ill NEVER be satisfied with what is becoming 1 of this franchises biggest blunders ever...you may think things are great where you are but people are FINALLY starting to turn here....the radio and paper is filled with people asking for TTs head....

the crosby kick? if it wasnt for the defense and special teams..there wouldnt have BEEN a chance to win it..that was rodgers looking like orlovsky all game...

get p1ssy all you want..but i said when the trade happened that the packers would rop from 13 wins to 7...CHECK

favre would lead the jets to the playoffs....close

tickets that are always hard to come by will be readily available..CHECK

fans will turn on the franchise for the season..(lowest rated packers game in years) CHECK

fans calling for TTs head on a platter CHECK

TT getting fired in the following offseason...close again...the stands will be FILLED with fire TT signs...and why not?

I guess living here..going to the camps..the games..seeing them in person as opposed to websites DOES pay off.. :mad: sure, i couldve followed the company line and said yeah..its time for a change...

hats off to the fans who say fock no, it isnt time...13-3 and we need to shake things up?... :thumbsdown: the 3 fed the public a large load of BS and many people ate it up....

Rodgers isnt the problem...thats what you ignore...I like the kid and always have..hes a solid C level qb...he tries hard...what other team has only ONE win since the middle of october and its not the qbs fault?

its the 3 stooges fault...I called it and those who thought it wouldnt be so bad should pay attention to football a little more closely...i have nothing against anyone..its not emotion..its football smarts...TT has been here for FOUR years....

2 seasons under 500

1 season at 500

and last years 13-3 season that people say was all because of brett...

so how did TT respond to THAT? he traded brett....hes been worse than ray rhodes and much worse than sherman..and i dont why he gets a pass by so many...

13-3

---------

5-9

Im glad you expected 9-10 wins...does not mean it would happen.

One of the biggest blunders ever? Yet most would agree at this point they made the right decision. Umm...yeah, you are again showing you are just completely biased on this topic and will never admit that it might have been the right move.

Blame plenty of other things about this season on TT...Im fine with that. But the decision to go with Rodgers, IMO was still the correct one and is far from the biggest blunder in the history of this franchise.

Yes...the defense and special teams kept them in that Minny game. Does not change the fact that the FG would have won it. And McCarthy was a puss for how he handled the end of that drive too. But im sure you will just blame it all on Rodgers. No mention of the sieve for an Oline that day either huh?

And yes...it is emotion for Brett Favre...if not you would see that even #4 was not putting this team in contention for anything beyond a division crown and an early exit from the playoffs.

People say last year was all because of Brett? Those are some completely ignorant people.

Worse than Ray Rhodes? Ray Rhodes was a coach, not a GM.

Worse than Sherman? No...Sherman was a bad GM. Good coach...but bad GM.

And TT is not getting a pass. Just saying that he should not be fired and agreeing with this decision is not giving him a free pass.

Im glad you expected 9-10 wins...does not mean it would happen.

One of the biggest blunders ever? Yet most would agree at this point they made the right decision. Umm...yeah, you are again showing you are just completely biased on this topic and will never admit that it might have been the right move.

Blame plenty of other things about this season on TT...Im fine with that. But the decision to go with Rodgers, IMO was still the correct one and is far from the biggest blunder in the history of this franchise.

Yes...the defense and special teams kept them in that Minny game. Does not change the fact that the FG would have won it. And McCarthy was a puss for how he handled the end of that drive too. But im sure you will just blame it all on Rodgers. No mention of the sieve for an Oline that day either huh?

And yes...it is emotion for Brett Favre...if not you would see that even #4 was not putting this team in contention for anything beyond a division crown and an early exit from the playoffs.

People say last year was all because of Brett? Those are some completely ignorant people.

Worse than Ray Rhodes? Ray Rhodes was a coach, not a GM.

Worse than Sherman? No...Sherman was a bad GM. Good coach...but bad GM.

And TT is not getting a pass. Just saying that he should not be fired and agreeing with this decision is not giving him a free pass.

as for last year being all brett...thats what people are wondering...if his play covered the fact that maybe this team wasnt that great to begin with..call it ignorant if you wish but he did receive MVP votes, did he not?...

youre right..just because i expected 9-10 with brett doesnt mean it would happen..but i was right about their HUGE drop off without favre..so why bet against me on a topic im close to?

if i can, ill get you a job with TT..he needs someone on his side to speak for him...you have remained on his side throughout..TT refuses to return calls when asked about favre being in the probowl..what kind of a gm is THAT?...people think he was backed against a wall and HAD to make the favre trade..it wasnt true... bob harlan wouldve forced both to coexist...

I didnt go on about everything in that vikings game..the team has a whole has given up ages ago...and wasnt that great to begin with..too bad they are missing that key guy... :dunno:

anytime you make a move that singlehandedly drops your team a few levels..yes, its a bad trade...most would agree..but that number is getting smaller...

id have given mark murphy big :thumbsdown: if he'd have had to choose between the ego of favre and TT and chose the guy whos done more for the team than anyone in the past 20 years...easier to find a gm then it is a hall of fame qb, agree? you can get an aaron rodgers type qb anywhere...

ray rhodes..the racist coach...my bad..then again, he DID get bumped off after an 8-8 season..

BMoney......I don't even know where to begin. You are awesome.

The Packers should have let Favre come back again this year. They probably would've ended up with a 11-5 record. Only that poor though, because of injuries. But Favre would have been able to prevent some of his defensive players from being injured. And Brett would have been able to change the teams schedule around by pulling a few strings, so that their schedule was as easy as last years'.

Plus then Favre probably would have played another 5-6 years and the Packers would have probably won another 2 Super Bowls.

Which that way when Rodgers left in free agency to start for another team, we'd get compensation for that C-quarterback.

And then when Favre did retire, we could just draft a solid quarterback or pick one up in free agency.

BMoney, I think you should be the GM for the Packers. Keep up the good work.

:rolleyes:

is this the best work the sanctuary can come with these days? :thumbsdown:

dont act as if getting an keeping an aaron rodgers is like holding on to gold......we could all name 10-15 qbs who are better than aaron....we already drafted brohm...we arent allowed to draft anymore qbs? <_<

i never said super bowls...but 9 wins..yes...EASILY....

no one can prevent injuries...but bretts ability to read Ds can save his o-linemen and his drives can keep the D rested and off the field...

i won with the bears and the under after the sb year...bears over this year...seahawks under this year and the packers lol...under this year... :thumbsup:

if you dont live here..i wouldnt expect you to know the magnitude of what TTs ego did..more than wins..he cost this city and the businesses nearby A LOT of money...he turned it into a ghost town...

youre the aaron rodgers of aliases...

All I know is a drop from

13-3 to 6-10 is a huge drop for a team that was young and supposed to get better each year. But hey, "next year".

(damn I'm from the Buffalo area and laugh/feel sorry when Bills fans say that EVERY year. now I am that guy)

as for last year being all brett...thats what people are wondering...if his play covered the fact that maybe this team wasnt that great to begin with..call it ignorant if you wish but he did receive MVP votes, did he not?...

youre right..just because i expected 9-10 with brett doesnt mean it would happen..but i was right about their HUGE drop off without favre..so why bet against me on a topic im close to?

if i can, ill get you a job with TT..he needs someone on his side to speak for him...you have remained on his side throughout..TT refuses to return calls when asked about favre being in the probowl..what kind of a gm is THAT?...people think he was backed against a wall and HAD to make the favre trade..it wasnt true... bob harlan wouldve forced both to coexist...

I didnt go on about everything in that vikings game..the team has a whole has given up ages ago...and wasnt that great to begin with..too bad they are missing that key guy... :rolleyes: N

anytime you make a move that singlehandedly drops your team a few levels..yes, its a bad trade...most would agree..but that number is getting smaller...

id have given mark murphy big :thumbsdown: if he'd have had to choose between the ego of favre and TT and chose the guy whos done more for the team than anyone in the past 20 years...easier to find a gm then it is a hall of fame qb, agree? you can get an aaron rodgers type qb anywhere...

ray rhodes..the racist coach...my bad..then again, he DID get bumped off after an 8-8 season..

If anyone thinks last year was all Brett...they need their head examined.

Wondering how his play covered for a defense that is much worse against the run and allowing late scores and points overall?

MVP votes means its all him? Not even close.

Who cares that he does not answer questions about Favre getting in the probowl (which was a sham anyway...as was Collins getting in).

THis team is missing more than one key guy.

Single handedly? Not really. Losing Brett did not cause Clifton's knees to bother him all year and his play to be ineffective. Nor did it cause Barnett to suck before getting hurt. Or Jenkins getting hurt. Or Pickett sucking this year.

Most would agree that its a bad trade? I don't agree with that actually.

I think most are starting to realize that Brett would not be enough for this team, especially the way he is playing this year.

You can get an Aaron Rodgers type QB anywhere? Sure...if you truely believe he is a C level at best QB. I don't think most would agree with your assessment of him though.

is this the best work the sanctuary can come with these days? :thumbsdown:

dont act as if getting an keeping an aaron rodgers is like holding on to gold......we could all name 10-15 qbs who are better than aaron....we already drafted brohm...we arent allowed to draft anymore qbs? :thumbsup:

i never said super bowls...but 9 wins..yes...EASILY....

no one can prevent injuries...but bretts ability to read Ds can save his o-linemen and his drives can keep the D rested and off the field...

i won with the bears and the under after the sb year...bears over this year...seahawks under this year and the packers lol...under this year... :rolleyes:

if you dont live here..i wouldnt expect you to know the magnitude of what TTs ego did..more than wins..he cost this city and the businesses nearby A LOT of money...he turned it into a ghost town...

youre the aaron rodgers of aliases...

10-15 better than Aaron?

Ok...go.

D rested and off the field? So, how do you explain multiple games where the Packers led in TOP but the D could still not get off the field in crucial situations and gave up key drives late in games?

Or the opening drives for scores by teams the last 2 games?

Or the early scoring drives allowed against Carolina and New Orleans?

All on the the offense and specifically Rodgers right?

I love the "if you don't live here" crap. The big ego appears to be yours.

All I know is a drop from

13-3 to 6-10 is a huge drop for a team that was young and supposed to get better each year. But hey, "next year".

(damn I'm from the Buffalo area and laugh/feel sorry when Bills fans say that EVERY year. now I am that guy)

Of course its a big drop...and I don't think anyone is happy with it or happy about thinking about next year.

One thing seems very clear is that the Packers would have a better record this year if Favre would not have been traded. There's a learning curve and team continuity to overcome for Rodgers in his first year. The Packers might be better for it in the long run; I just find it hard to believe that Teddy baby planned all along for this to be a rebuilding year.

I also think that right now Aaron Rodgers is overrated. It's sort of a prefect storm where everyone talked about how it was impossible to come in and replace a legend and when Rodgers played better then Ryan Leaf his first few games, people were thinking he's going to have a better career then Favre. So now its surprising people that in the fourth quarter he's wetting the bed, when in reality he's just a rookie QB. If this was Teddy's plan all along, he should have done it last year when they went 13-3, that way everyone wouldn't be comparing this season to last and Rodgers might have developed some fourth quarter confidence by now. But when your GM is an arrogant self centered egotistical deity, stuff like this happens. After the Favre trade, this season was going to end only one way and that is badly.

10-15 better than Aaron?

Ok...go.

D rested and off the field? So, how do you explain multiple games where the Packers led in TOP but the D could still not get off the field in crucial situations and gave up key drives late in games?

like phils simms says....qb ratings and other odd stats are for fantasy football freaks....seriously..isnt that why so many people think aarons done a good job this year? because hes run 4 tds in...3 from a yard and 1 from 8 or so...

its all about wins...aaron at the helm has equaled 1 win since the middle of october.....

name 10-15 qbs who are better than aaron?

the mannings...

roethlisberger

brees

brady

favre

cassell

cutler

schaub

romo

rivers

hasselbeck

warner

matt ryan

pennington

garcia

and on and on.......

10-15 better than Aaron?

Ok...go.

nah..no ego here..you just like to point out that i dont know anything..so i let to chime in and remind you that i live here..am close to it all the time and do...thanks to my solid predictions....

you spend way too much time trying to defend aarons losing ways....

One thing seems very clear is that the Packers would have a better record this year if Favre would not have been traded. There's a learning curve and team continuity to overcome for Rodgers in his first year. The Packers might be better for it in the long run; I just find it hard to believe that Teddy baby planned all along for this to be a rebuilding year.

I also think that right now Aaron Rodgers is overrated. It's sort of a prefect storm where everyone talked about how it was impossible to come in and replace a legend and when Rodgers played better then Ryan Leaf his first few games, people were thinking he's going to have a better career then Favre. So now its surprising people that in the fourth quarter he's wetting the bed, when in reality he's just a rookie QB. If this was Teddy's plan all along, he should have done it last year when they went 13-3, that way everyone wouldn't be comparing this season to last and Rodgers might have developed some fourth quarter confidence by now. But when your GM is an arrogant self centered egotistical deity, stuff like this happens. After the Favre trade, this season was going to end only one way and that is badly.

I think Ted planned for a bit of a down turn and thinking the move was more for the future than just this year.

Sure, they may have had a better record this year...but I don't think by much and I don't think enough to make them a big contender.

I don't think anyone thought he was going to have a better career than Favre. I don't recall anyone coming close to thinking that.

like phils simms says....qb ratings and other odd stats are for fantasy football freaks....seriously..isnt that why so many people think aarons done a good job this year? because hes run 4 tds in...3 from a yard and 1 from 8 or so...

its all about wins...aaron at the helm has equaled 1 win since the middle of october.....

name 10-15 qbs who are better than aaron?

the mannings...

roethlisberger

brees

brady

favre

cassell

cutler

schaub

romo

rivers

hasselbeck

warner

matt ryan

pennington

garcia

and on and on.......

Nope...its not becaue of actual stats.

I would not put Cassell ahead of him.

Schaub is on about equal ground.

Pennington...no. Good enough kid, but not better and does not bring what Rodgers can bring to the table.

Garcia might have been at one time, I don't think so anymore.

Even Favre at this point in his career is questionable.

Wins are team numbers...and Im not basing my ranking of Rodgers simply on stats.

nah..no ego here..you just like to point out that i dont know anything..so i let to chime in and remind you that i live here..am close to it all the time and do...thanks to my solid predictions....

you spend way too much time trying to defend aarons losing ways....

No ego? You claim to know so much.

I have never pointed out that you don't know anything. Nice lie there.

But you claim to know more than others just because you live there.

Nope...its not becaue of actual stats.

I would not put Cassell ahead of him.

Schaub is on about equal ground.

Pennington...no. Good enough kid, but not better and does not bring what Rodgers can bring to the table.

Garcia might have been at one time, I don't think so anymore.

Even Favre at this point in his career is questionable.

Wins are team numbers...and Im not basing my ranking of Rodgers simply on stats.

Are you ###### serious? Really? All of these posts and this was in your head the whole time? Cassell isn't better? Why are the Pats in position to go into the playoffs, in one of the tougher Divisions in football? The Pats D isn't very good...he puts up stats too.

Pennington? I'm not a huge fan of him...but what have teh Dolphins upgraded on that team to turn them from a 1 win team to a 10 win team? Pennington. And he is playing well.

Garcia is Questionable.

Favre, give me a break on this one.

Why on earth have I even bothered to repsond to your posts? Rodgers is better than these QBs because of what? Potential? Or right now? You have to be kidding me. You really over look winning. And none of these QBs have a Defense that is carrying their team, so they aren't winning like Dilfer.

Give me a break. Damn you are clueless.

Are you ###### serious? Really? All of these posts and this was in your head the whole time? Cassell isn't better? Why are the Pats in position to go into the playoffs, in one of the tougher Divisions in football? The Pats D isn't very good...he puts up stats too.

Pennington? I'm not a huge fan of him...but what have teh Dolphins upgraded on that team to turn them from a 1 win team to a 10 win team? Pennington. And he is playing well.

Garcia is Questionable.

Favre, give me a break on this one.

Why on earth have I even bothered to repsond to your posts? Rodgers is better than these QBs because of what? Potential? Or right now? You have to be kidding me. You really over look winning. And none of these QBs have a Defense that is carrying their team, so they aren't winning like Dilfer.

Give me a break. Damn you are clueless.

No, I don't believe Cassell is better than Rodgers.

The division looks tough with 3 teams being in the hunt...but they all have benefited from playing the AFC and NFC West.

Though, the AFC West has not been that good to the Jets.

Pennington is the classic don't kill you kind of QB right now. He is there to just not screw up.

Their defense is far and away better than last year for one major factor. Went from 30th in points and 23rd in yards given up last year to 9th and 11th this year.

Scoring offense went from 26th to 23rd. So not a huge improvement there. Yards was a big improvement offensively though. Helps having a health Ronnie Brown and Ricky all year.

Favre? Have you watched him this year? He has had some good games...some that have downright stunk. He is still a great leader...but at this point in their careers...Im not so sure who is better. That said, I have said and will keep saying GB would be a bit better off with him this year, but it would not be enough to be a championship caliber team.

He is better because of his arm, his accuracy, his ability to use his feet. The throws he can make and what he brings to the table. I don't look over winning. It takes more than a QB to win.

Favre has QBd for more wins than any other QB...but I would not put him #1 on the all time list. (never did).

Im glad you think Im clueless...I really don't give a rats ass that you think that.

But at least try to bring some facts to the table rather than just disagreeing then slinging mud.

Favre? Have you watched him this year? He has had some good games...some that have downright stunk. He is still a great leader...but at this point in their careers...Im not so sure who is better. That said, I have said and will keep saying GB would be a bit better off with him this year, but it would not be enough to be a championship caliber team.

He is better because of his arm, his accuracy, his ability to use his feet. The throws he can make and what he brings to the table. I don't look over winning. It takes more than a QB to win.

Favre has QBd for more wins than any other QB...but I would not put him #1 on the all time list. (never did).

Im glad you think Im clueless...I really don't give a rats ass that you think that.

But at least try to bring some facts to the table rather than just disagreeing then slinging mud.

Do you put any thought in the fact that Rodgers has been in the same system since he was drafted, and Favre had to totally switch systems, players, and coaches after being in GB all his career? With out any training camp? Do you realize how hard that is? Do you realize that Rodgers was set up to look better this year than Favre was? And this isn't backing Favre 100%. System has nothing to do with some of his bad throws. But truth is Favre's QBing came much more difficult this year than Rodgers' has, you can't dispute that.

I'm glad to see you don't put much stock in winning. If a QB's team does well you look to every other stat that can make it look like they had nothing to do with it. But that is ok. If Rodgers is better than those QBs are right now, then you set the bar pretty low. Rodgers has played well this year, he isn't the problem. But give me a break here.

Do you put any thought in the fact that Rodgers has been in the same system since he was drafted, and Favre had to totally switch systems, players, and coaches after being in GB all his career? With out any training camp? Do you realize how hard that is? Do you realize that Rodgers was set up to look better this year than Favre was? And this isn't backing Favre 100%. System has nothing to do with some of his bad throws. But truth is Favre's QBing came much more difficult this year than Rodgers' has, you can't dispute that.

I'm glad to see you don't put much stock in winning. If a QB's team does well you look to every other stat that can make it look like they had nothing to do with it. But that is ok. If Rodgers is better than those QBs are right now, then you set the bar pretty low. Rodgers has played well this year, he isn't the problem. But give me a break here.

Favre is a 15+ year veteran.

And he has had how many games in that system? What system is it ok to lead the league in INTs? Do you think he should have learned to be more careful by now.

He started the season inconsistent...that could be attributed to the new team and system.

In the middle of the year I had him in the hunt for the MVP right after the NE and TN games. His play was turning around, much more careful with the ball. Playing alot like last year.

The past few games? Not so much. Making poor decisions again and against some bad teams to boot.

I think new system to a 15 year QB is about a wash with a guy being in a system for 3 years but never starting and following a guy like Favre with the pressure on him.

I can dispute it. Has Favre had to deal with everyone questioning if he should even be the starter to follow a legend? Not even close. All that in his first year as a starting QB.

I think the new system vs. what Rodgers went through is a wash.

I do put stock in winning...but its not the only thing to consider when analyzing a QB.

Favre is winning...is it all on him? Nope. He has gotten some help with that too.

I don't set the bar low...I just think he is a better QB than some of the guys Bmoney listed.

You disagree? Fine...but don't no need to just try and sling insults because you disagree.

Rodgers is 8th in yards (just jumped by Garrard who has played an extra game)

7th in TDs

10th in rating

How is that setting the bar low thinking he might be better than some of those guys?

Because the team lost?

Rodgers is 8th in yards (just jumped by Garrard who has played an extra game)

7th in TDs

10th in rating

How is that setting the bar low thinking he might be better than some of those guys?

Because the team lost?

Wow, how Fantasy Football has fogged up peoples understanding of what winning football is.

Wow, how Fantasy Football has fogged up peoples understanding of what winning football is.

Yup...just all fantasy football right?

:music_guitarred:

Or I analyze an individual on his individual play and things he can control a bit more over.

And those stats are not the only thing I measure him on either.

But to say I am setting the bar low and then you look at his numbers...its a bit ridiculous.

5-9 is not all on Aaron.

He shares in it, he has not been perfect and has plenty of room for improvement.

But winning football is a team thing in the end and requires help from other people.

I can't believe that this subject is still such a hot topic. That's kind of sad, but I'll add my two cents.

I live in Manitowoc, WI and we are about a 40 minute drive from GB, so I guess that qualifies me as "living here" as far as being around Green Bay. Don't really know why living close by means anything to anybody, but with those that do I shouldn't hear any flack about not "living here." I listen to the 107.5 "The Fan" and I would say that roughly 70% of the people "around here" think that the Packers made the right move in trading Favre and there are 30% hardcore "Saint Brett of Favre" fans that will not let the topic die. I wish these people would realize that nothing is really comparable about the Jets and the Packers, so why try? The Jets spent $140 million on free agents so that they could try and win it all this year. I hope they do, that will give Brett one final SB and the Packers a first round pick. It's weird how Favre gets all the credit when the Jets win and the "Brett" fans chirp like mad on the radio, but when the Jets lose these same people don't call in and say that Brett blew another one.

Has anyone heard that Favre is already talking about retiring at the end of this season? My God, am I glad that he isn't on the Packers!!!! That BS got really old here....about 5 years ago. Every f***ing season, "Well, I don't know if I'm coming back or not, blah blah blah BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!" No one asked him the F*****ing question, but he still says it in interviews, come on! What a diva!!!! I appreciate what he did while with the Packers, but I am glad that he is gone and I will be happy if the Packers win a SB with Rodgers.

If we are fortunate enough, once Rodgers wins a SB here in GB, I will eagerly wait for the "St. Brett" fans to call in and say, "Hey, how's it going, well, ah, I mean, yeah, the Packers are the SB winners and yeah, they beat the other team, but if Brett was here he woulda led the Pack to at least another TD or two. I mean, it woulda been a bigger win then this one. Well, yeah, the D chipped and all, but that's not becausa Ted Thompson. Ted Thompson don't play on the field so I don't see why he should get any credit for bringing in any players that had anything ta do with this win taday."

I am happy with Rodgers as QB for the Packers and I see a brighter future than we would have had with Favre.

thats basically what ive figured as well and when he went to the stats listing again..i knew it....

heck, seneca wallace has been effective lately and i surely wouldnt list him on my 15...

listing rodgers ahead of favre is all speculation...we all know the jets wouldnt take rodgers at this point..there arent many teams who would...

i couldve stopped when i did...i thought about garcia for awhile...i threw him up there because hes helped different teams WIN...something that isnt that big of a deal with rodgers fans....they just love the numbers...

I can't believe that this subject is still such a hot topic. That's kind of sad, but I'll add my two cents.

I live in Manitowoc, WI and we are about a 40 minute drive from GB, so I guess that qualifies me as "living here" as far as being around Green Bay. Don't really know why living close by means anything to anybody, but with those that do I shouldn't hear any flack about not "living here." I listen to the 107.5 "The Fan" and I would say that roughly 70% of the people "around here" think that the Packers made the right move in trading Favre and there are 30% hardcore "Saint Brett of Favre" fans that will not let the topic die. I wish these people would realize that nothing is really comparable about the Jets and the Packers, so why try? The Jets spent $140 million on free agents so that they could try and win it all this year. I hope they do, that will give Brett one final SB and the Packers a first round pick. It's weird how Favre gets all the credit when the Jets win and the "Brett" fans chirp like mad on the radio, but when the Jets lose these same people don't call in and say that Brett blew another one.

Has anyone heard that Favre is already talking about retiring at the end of this season? My God, am I glad that he isn't on the Packers!!!! That BS got really old here....about 5 years ago. Every f***ing season, "Well, I don't know if I'm coming back or not, blah blah blah BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!" No one asked him the F*****ing question, but he still says it in interviews, come on! What a diva!!!! I appreciate what he did while with the Packers, but I am glad that he is gone and I will be happy if the Packers win a SB with Rodgers.

If we are fortunate enough, once Rodgers wins a SB here in GB, I will eagerly wait for the "St. Brett" fans to call in and say, "Hey, how's it going, well, ah, I mean, yeah, the Packers are the SB winners and yeah, they beat the other team, but if Brett was here he woulda led the Pack to at least another TD or two. I mean, it woulda been a bigger win then this one. Well, yeah, the D chipped and all, but that's not becausa Ted Thompson. Ted Thompson don't play on the field so I don't see why he should get any credit for bringing in any players that had anything ta do with this win taday."

I am happy with Rodgers as QB for the Packers and I see a brighter future than we would have had with Favre.

for 1 thing..Im not jim the bear fan...just clearing THAT up :overhead:

once rodgers wins a super bowl here? I hope that was sarcasm....I dont see this team making it to the playoffs with him in the near future....

why are the fans so bothered that favre talks retirement?..i never understood that part...i didnt realized you were forced to listen to the FAN :wall: he was asked after getting hurt here in the skins game if he ever thinks about retirement and he said yeah..and its been on ever since....

heck, i think of retirement..i think we all do....

but does it bother me that the talk goes on? no....better to have that drama along with wins and a playoff run as opposed to siding with 5-9 and no sign of getting better...betther than listening to them talk about the nba or uwgb mens hoops...

if the packers win a super bowl with rodgers, i will sit on-air with Rookie and eat a foam cheesehead....it aint happenin...

the 30% headcore brett fans who were there at camp chanting, bring back brett are keeping it alive because we were right....

trading corey williams for a pick was questionable enough but not a huge issue....trading the face of the franchise was and is....the curse of brett is haunting this team already...regardless of what brett does in nj...

you're right..the brett fans SHOULD call in win or lose..but its not like that with most sports radio callers....i dont hear the aaron fans praising aaron after his 9th loss of the year....

but holy cow..you do hear the apologists....

for 1 thing..Im not jim the bear fan...just clearing THAT up :thumbsdown:

once rodgers wins a super bowl here? I hope that was sarcasm....I dont see this team making it to the playoffs with him in the near future....

why are the fans so bothered that favre talks retirement?..i never understood that part...i didnt realized you were forced to listen to the FAN :( he was asked after getting hurt here in the skins game if he ever thinks about retirement and he said yeah..and its been on ever since....

heck, i think of retirement..i think we all do....

but does it bother me that the talk goes on? no....better to have that drama along with wins and a playoff run as opposed to siding with 5-9 and no sign of getting better...betther than listening to them talk about the nba or uwgb mens hoops...

if the packers win a super bowl with rodgers, i will sit on-air with Rookie and eat a foam cheesehead....it aint happenin...

the 30% headcore brett fans who were there at camp chanting, bring back brett are keeping it alive because we were right....

trading corey williams for a pick was questionable enough but not a huge issue....trading the face of the franchise was and is....the curse of brett is haunting this team already...regardless of what brett does in nj...

you're right..the brett fans SHOULD call in win or lose..but its not like that with most sports radio callers....i dont hear the aaron fans praising aaron after his 9th loss of the year....

but holy cow..you do hear the apologists....

How Brett fans LOVED watching him throw record number of INTs in the playoff games against the Rams, Falcons and Vikings? I DID NOT!!! :pointstosky:

Before last season's awesome turnaround, what were the pundits predicting for the Packers? 5-11? 6-10? Definitely NOT 13-3! ...and why did they predict that?

Because the previous seasons (with Brett at the helm, the Packers were NOT that good...)

I look at this season as a building season... and it will ONLY get better for the Green and gold! :headbanger:

Brett is still leading the league in INTs and that just does not cut it for a 16-17 year veteran!

I'm glad to see Brett do well, esp. since it bodes well for the Packer's draft pick from the J-E-T-S! (bottom line, I'm a Packer fan!)

Rodgers is much better than you give him credit for...and as such, he is probably a lot worse than I give him credit for....

What do you want with your foam cheesehead??? LOL

A career is NOT made in one season, and give Aaron a chance...

I'm sure every other team in the NFC north would LOVE to have him...

as would Cleveland, Kansas City, Washington, Oakland, Tampa Bay!

Rodgers has kept the Packers in almost EVERY game... and if their defense could have stopped the other team (TWO long pass completions to Steve Smith in the Carolina game are Rodger's fault, right?!)

I had high hopes when the NFC championship game was to be played in Green Bay, and you know what???

Brett laid an egg in that one! (I am much more disappointed in that than in this season...)

happy holidays and let's kick some Bear's butt tomorrow night! :headbanger:

How Brett fans LOVED watching him throw record number of INTs in the playoff games against the Rams, Falcons and Vikings? I DID NOT!!! :thumbsdown:

Before last season's awesome turnaround, what were the pundits predicting for the Packers? 5-11? 6-10? Definitely NOT 13-3! ...and why did they predict that?

Because the previous seasons (with Brett at the helm, the Packers were NOT that good...)

I look at this season as a building season... and it will ONLY get better for the Green and gold!

Brett is still leading the league in INTs and that just does not cut it for a 16-17 year veteran!

I'm glad to see Brett do well, esp. since it bodes well for the Packer's draft pick from the J-E-T-S! (bottom line, I'm a Packer fan!)

Rodgers is much better than you give him credit for...and as such, he is probably a lot worse than I give him credit for....

What do you want with your foam cheesehead???

A career is NOT made in one season, and give Aaron a chance...

I'm sure every other team in the NFC north would LOVE to have him...

as would Cleveland, Kansas City, Washington, Oakland, Tampa Bay!

Rodgers has kept the Packers in almost EVERY game... and if their defense could have stopped the other team (TWO long pass completions to Steve Smith in the Carolina game are Rodger's fault, right?!)

I had high hopes when the NFC championship game was to be played in Green Bay, and you know what???

Brett laid an egg in that one! (I am much more disappointed in that than in this season...)

happy holidays and let's kick some Bear's butt tomorrow night! :lol:

Brett laid an egg? is that physically possible when its -30? :thumbsdown: he wasnt his best...but 19 for 35 or so and over 230 yards in those conditions wasnt bad...eli was 21 for 40 and just a little more yardage.....favre didnt take any sacks..

it will get better for the green and gold..as it cant get much worse..i was all for giving aaron a chance..i just stick with my belief that it didnt have to be in 08...as i check the standings, i see im right..

`

the last int is what anyone remembers...awful play call..bad throw...

but people forget..28 rushing yards by the great ryan grant...al harris couldnt cover plax and his bad toe..maybe he knew plax was armed?

jarrett bush had to fall on the fumble..when he tried to pick it up..he blew it...

bretts old..when you are older..the cold weather hits you harder...the coaches saw that in an earlier bears game...why go away from what works?...all in all, feelys missed fgs was what kept gb in it..not bretts bad play...

tampa wanted brett..not aaron....the niners wanted aaron last year and GB shouldve jumped on that...that was another sign that TT wanted brett out..

maybe the packers werent that good..but the guy who people claim now was such a diva and worried about himself, brett..went out and told the world that this is was the most talented team he has ever been on...silly talk..but he believes it..if hes part of it..and why not?...

was it rodgers fault that woodson is put at safety and not corner and got schooled by smith? no..but rodgers did other things throughout the game to keep the packers from winning...the picks..the bad throws...

favre and his not cutting ways still has a better completion % than aaron does...

i praised rodgers after week 3 or so...i said he was having a good start..so im not anti-rodgers...never have been...im anti-stupd move made by a guy with a crazy ego..

maybe favre only plays 1 more season...maybe this was it...point was...it shouldve ended here...theres nothing that aaron has that needed to be put on the field immediately...everyone acted as if he was wasting away on the bench...

we shouldnt worry so much about stats...im sure ryan grant is seeing the rebirth of thomas jones and thinking of how much he misses that...when a D has to worry about a qb passing...

i say..1 win in 2 months just isnt cutting it

have a great holiday yourself!! :) maybe santa will bring the packers a new GM this offseason :lol:

Brett laid an egg? is that physically possible when its -30? :doublethumbsup: he wasnt his best...but 19 for 35 or so and over 230 yards in those conditions wasnt bad...eli was 21 for 40 and just a little more yardage.....favre didnt take any sacks..

it will get better for the green and gold..as it cant get much worse..i was all for giving aaron a chance..i just stick with my belief that it didnt have to be in 08...as i check the standings, i see im right..

`

the last int is what anyone remembers...awful play call..bad throw...

but people forget..28 rushing yards by the great ryan grant...al harris couldnt cover plax and his bad toe..maybe he knew plax was armed?

jarrett bush had to fall on the fumble..when he tried to pick it up..he blew it...

bretts old..when you are older..the cold weather hits you harder...the coaches saw that in an earlier bears game...why go away from what works?...all in all, feelys missed fgs was what kept gb in it..not bretts bad play...

tampa wanted brett..not aaron....the niners wanted aaron last year and GB shouldve jumped on that...that was another sign that TT wanted brett out..

maybe the packers werent that good..but the guy who people claim now was such a diva and worried about himself, brett..went out and told the world that this is was the most talented team he has ever been on...silly talk..but he believes it..if hes part of it..and why not?...

was it rodgers fault that woodson is put at safety and not corner and got schooled by smith? no..but rodgers did other things throughout the game to keep the packers from winning...the picks..the bad throws...

favre and his not cutting ways still has a better completion % than aaron does...

i praised rodgers after week 3 or so...i said he was having a good start..so im not anti-rodgers...never have been...im anti-stupd move made by a guy with a crazy ego..

maybe favre only plays 1 more season...maybe this was it...point was...it shouldve ended here...theres nothing that aaron has that needed to be put on the field immediately...everyone acted as if he was wasting away on the bench...

we shouldnt worry so much about stats...im sure ryan grant is seeing the rebirth of thomas jones and thinking of how much he misses that...when a D has to worry about a qb passing...

i say..1 win in 2 months just isnt cutting it

have a great holiday yourself!! :) maybe santa will bring the packers a new GM this offseason :headbanger:

All your points are well taken and I can tell that you've given it some thought...

Most of your beef is with TT, and for THIS season alone, I have to give it to you! :cheers:

As i totally agree, 1 win in two months is pathetic at best... and losses by less than 5 points

in the last minutes of the game are unacceptable!!!

But hopefully, in the long run... going to Rodgers will turn out to be the right move...

A Packer win tomorrow evening would be nice... (at least we have the Bears to kick around!) hahaha

All your points are well taken and I can tell that you've given it some thought...

Most of your beef is with TT, and for THIS season alone, I have to give it to you! :doublethumbsup:

As i totally agree, 1 win in two months is pathetic at best... and losses by less than 5 points

in the last minutes of the game are unacceptable!!!

But hopefully, in the long run... going to Rodgers will turn out to be the right move...

A Packer win tomorrow evening would be nice... (at least we have the Bears to kick around!) hahaha

exactly...as I said..i like rodgers...

i just cant stand TT and the way he runs the show...when he gets fired this offseason, in time, people are going to say you know..they BOTH had awful egos... they shouldve handled it differently...

all in all...a predictable day...brett and bad weather is not a good combo..coles dropped pass after pass...brett wouldve led gb to a better record this season, but wouldve had a clunker of a game in the cold tomorrow night...im happy for mike holmgren though..he deserved to win his last home game..hes meant more to seattle than anyone else ever has...meant a lot to gb also...if he comes to GB in 2010 to GM, i would not be upset...

..time for the packers to whip on the bears and do a favor for the team that tried to trade for brett all along hehe...

thats basically what ive figured as well and when he went to the stats listing again..i knew it....

heck, seneca wallace has been effective lately and i surely wouldnt list him on my 15...

listing rodgers ahead of favre is all speculation...we all know the jets wouldnt take rodgers at this point..there arent many teams who would...

i couldve stopped when i did...i thought about garcia for awhile...i threw him up there because hes helped different teams WIN...something that isnt that big of a deal with rodgers fans....they just love the numbers...

Did you watch Favre yesterday?

How about the last few weeks?

The jets would not take Rodgers at this point? Why do you figure that?

I think there are plenty of teams who would take him right now.

but you keep thinking that he is just a C level at best QB.

Its not just numbers. And Wins are great...but in the end a team thing. Rodgers cant do it all himself...neither can/could Favre.

But 3 points against the Seahawks terrible pass D? Another late season poor game?

The guy looks done now. He had his resurgence in the middle of the year...but that appears long gone.

More future seeing from Bmoney...what will Wednesday's powerball numbers be.

Of course you don't see it...you are a completely biased Rodgers/Thompson basher and will never admit it was the right move to make.

Actually, you were not right...this season seems to be proving you completely wrong.

Not signing Williams last year during the season was the screw up. Passing on giving him 6-8 million was not a terrible move.

Trading a 39 year old QB who had commitment issues is less of a problem as you make it out to be...curse of Brett? Good lord, why don't you just blow the guy.

And you all can call it hate...or just fantasy stats or whatever you want...but

"Favre's last 11 games he has thrown for 9 Tds and 15 Ints. He has not thrown for over 300 yds in a game this season. In 7 games he has failed to even throw for 200 yards."

Pulled that from another board.

At age 39, and his play dropping off as the season is winding down. He appears to be done. IMO, TT, despite not handling it the right way, made the right decision for this team and franchise.

It really is sad how badly Favre is looking out on the field on a team that spent $140 million on free agents and one that was an offensive line that is much better than the one the Packers have. The guy is going to retire during the offseason. There really isn't anything for him to come back for. I mean, he accomplished what he wanted, which was to thumb his nose at the Packers and their fans and it blew up in his face. His wife and family really need to tell him that it's time to go out to pasture.

Rodgers got the Packers in position to win, once again last night, and the specials teams and defense let us down again. Man, I cannot wait until next season when these things go the other way. I am calling it here right now, the Packers will be at least 10-6 next year.

poor Green Bay fans. from 13-3 to 5-11, ouch! Great move TT!

Just one move did it?

Really?

Should I then put you in the camp that all would have been well if Brett were around?

I guess they win that game with Brett too huh?

Eventhough he sucks total ass right now in cold weather lately.

That decision appears to be the correct one.

Bash him for his failures on the O and Dline...got no problem there.

But the decision to go with Rodgers looks to be correct at this point given the way Favre is looking lately.

Just one move did it?

Really?

Should I then put you in the camp that all would have been well if Brett were around?

I guess they win that game with Brett too huh?

Eventhough he sucks total ass right now in cold weather lately.

That decision appears to be the correct one.

Bash him for his failures on the O and Dline...got no problem there.

But the decision to go with Rodgers looks to be correct at this point given the way Favre is looking lately.

Sho Nuff,

I commend you on your team and Rodgers loyalty. But what is it going to take for you to jump off Rodgers band wagon?

A packer friend of mine called to ask me who I was rooting for when the game was 14-3 and it killed me to say the pack. He laughed his ass off and said congrats to the Vikes for taking the division.......I have to call that SOB tell him his team sucks. Rodgers either can not or does not want to win in the forth. It is even starting to drive Vikings fans nuts :lol:

Sho Nuff,

I commend you on your team and Rodgers loyalty. But what is it going to take for you to jump off Rodgers band wagon?

A packer friend of mine called to ask me who I was rooting for when the game was 14-3 and it killed me to say the pack. He laughed his ass off and said congrats to the Vikes for taking the division.......I have to call that SOB tell him his team sucks. Rodgers either can not or does not want to win in the forth. It is even starting to drive Vikings fans nuts :music_guitarred:

Its going to take him really playing as bad as some people are trying to make him out to be. Last night, he played pretty darn well.

But here is the issue I have...Rodgers is not perfect by any means, he does have alot of improvement to make, there is no doubt about that. But I take issue with people like Bmoney claiming he is a C level QB at best (and not giving him any chance to be better really). I take issue with the Favre would have done this and that crowd. Given how Favre has played this year and more recently for sure, there is no way this team would have done much more with him. Not with the defense, not with the special teams and so on. As good as Favre is/was...he cannot do it all when other pieces of the team are not playing well or getting it done. He could not 2 and 3 years ago on his own either.

With that said, if the team is not going to be more than an 8-8 or 9-7 one and done kind of team, (which is all I think they may have done with Favre)...the decision is absolutely the right one to get a year under Rodgers's belt...get him that experience...see what he can do. Rather than waste another year of him on the bench and not knowing what Favre will do this offseason. You now have a starting QB up there with a year of good experience where he was not perfect, but played pretty damn well much of the year.

Rodgers does not want to win? Huh?

He hit a great pass to Jones on 3rd and 8 to get that drive to the 25 or so. McCarthy then went 3 straight runs and they blocked a FG.

He had the team (with help by the return and penalty too) in position for the go ahead FG which was blocked. Unless you want him out there on FG blocking unit, nothing he can do with that part.

McCarthy did the same thing with runs against Minny and it ended similarly...with a missed FG....though, that one, they tried one pass I think, then ran it and settled for a long FG.

McCarthy seems afraid to take the reins off late in games like that. 3rd and 5...why not a screen, a roll out...something that gives them the option. Let Rodgers throw it away if there is nothing there or hope to get back to the LOS if he takes the run option. The clock would still run in that last scenario and you still have the FG try.

Its not all McCarthy, or the D, or the special teams, or the offense. Its a huge combo of all of it...and Rodgers shares in the blame for sure. While there was pressure from the side on the 1st and goal play, he missed Lee. Did not see him. That kind of thing happens for sure...but he needs to hit him on that one.

More future seeing from Bmoney...what will Wednesday's powerball numbers be.

Of course you don't see it...you are a completely biased Rodgers/Thompson basher and will never admit it was the right move to make.

Actually, you were not right...this season seems to be proving you completely wrong.

Not signing Williams last year during the season was the screw up. Passing on giving him 6-8 million was not a terrible move.

Trading a 39 year old QB who had commitment issues is less of a problem as you make it out to be...curse of Brett? Good lord, why don't you just blow the guy.

powerball? i dont think ive ever matched 2 numbers at once :music_guitarred:

played well? he wasnt won more than 1 game since the middle of october....that was 28 inches of snow ago...didnt even have leaf piles quite yet....but yeah..look at the stats...i think he was the player of the game...he better start winning or that C level is going to be out of his grasp :)

i get as many predictions wrong as i do correct..ive always admitted it....

but i saw this train wreck..i mean..wonderful road to the future coming....5-10!! wooo hooo!! good times...

thanks for the gay talk.... :cheers: i knew favre would struggle in seattle...though if rodgers gets as many passes as you give him, then its fair to say, it wasnt all brett...dropped passes count for both...

well, im sorry i was wrong..im hope youre right again and TT steers this team to 3-13 or 2-14...

powerball? i dont think ive ever matched 2 numbers at once :music_guitarred:

played well? he wasnt won more than 1 game since the middle of october....that was 28 inches of snow ago...didnt even have leaf piles quite yet....but yeah..look at the stats...i think he was the player of the game...he better start winning or that C level is going to be out of his grasp :)

i get as many predictions wrong as i do correct..ive always admitted it....

but i saw this train wreck..i mean..wonderful road to the future coming....5-10!! wooo hooo!! good times...

thanks for the gay talk.... :cheers: i knew favre would struggle in seattle...though if rodgers gets as many passes as you give him, then its fair to say, it wasnt all brett...dropped passes count for both...

well, im sorry i was wrong..im hope youre right again and TT steers this team to 3-13 or 2-14...

Yes...played well...it takes more than one guy playing well to win games though. Something you don't seem to be able to admit.

You saw the record...thats about it...and it was obviously just out of your dislike for Thompson more than anything else.

No, it was not all Brett. Never claimed it was. Anytime you can't pressure Seneca Wallace with what Seattle was trotting out there for an Oline you will probably lose.

And the rest of the offense blew goats too. Which is why I have said about that game Brett "and" the offense.

Yes...played well...it takes more than one guy playing well to win games though. Something you don't seem to be able to admit.

You saw the record...thats about it...and it was obviously just out of your dislike for Thompson more than anything else.

No, it was not all Brett. Never claimed it was. Anytime you can't pressure Seneca Wallace with what Seattle was trotting out there for an Oline you will probably lose.

And the rest of the offense blew goats too. Which is why I have said about that game Brett "and" the offense.

yeah..my dislike for TT but im more than OK with a cold long winter with a home team thats 5-10 and never had to be...a GM that never shows his face..or talks to anyone..is smug and arrogant..yeah, thats it...

.but i see you working..this move helped pave the way for $20 tix to the seaons last game..back to the 80s we go...

he needs to go...plain and simple...hes done nothing to prove that he can build the team to a title team...

i wonder who will win the qb job for next season? id say brohm but he looked lost out there this past year...he needs to slow it down a bit...should be interesting...

when i said weeks ago that the pack may not win another game..i was half kidding..they should beat the lions..now im not so sure...

yeah..my dislike for TT but im more than OK with a cold long winter with a home team thats 5-10 and never had to be...a GM that never shows his face..or talks to anyone..is smug and arrogant..yeah, thats it...

.but i see you working..this move helped pave the way for $20 tix to the seaons last game..back to the 80s we go...

he needs to go...plain and simple...hes done nothing to prove that he can build the team to a title team...

i wonder who will win the qb job for next season? id say brohm but he looked lost out there this past year...he needs to slow it down a bit...should be interesting...

when i said weeks ago that the pack may not win another game..i was half kidding..they should beat the lions..now im not so sure...

Wow...you get so bothered that the guy does not talk to people and might be...gasp...arrogant (yeah, cause no GMs are like that... <_< )

Why would you wonder who will win the QB job...Rodgers has it...will keep it...despite your pitiful attempts at blasting the kid. Its lines like this one that make you a complete and total joke.