Sign in to follow this  
hex22

Romo-Do you have the guts?

Should I start Romo against the Ravens in my FFL Championship?

My only other options are Seneca Wallace vs JETS, Orlovsky vs Saints, or Frerotte/Tav Jackson vs ATL. [6 pts for TD passes]

Thanks for responding

I have Romo and I'm starting him (my other option is Orton). But if I were you I'd probably consider starting Orlovsky.....if you're a gambler.

Ravens fan here. Keep an eye on Fabian Washington, one of the Ravens' starting CBs. He has a hammy and was not in on the final drive against Pitt. Frank Walker was. TO and/or Roy Williams will eat Frank Walker alive if Fabian cannot go.

I'm holding my nose and playing Romo in both leagues. In one, we do not penalize for INTs, so he should score well regardless of what the Ravens' D does. They won't run, so Romo will chuck it around 35 times. In the other league, we get -3 for picks, so he is a dicier play.

I would play him, but it is a no brainer if Fabian is out.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on that cornerback situation. I do hate the fact that Holland (OL) is out for Dallas,and Romo will get hit again, and again, and again... we get -2 for each interception--how about Ed Reed's hammy,haha?

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on that cornerback situation. I do hate the fact that Holland (OL) is out for Dallas,and Romo will get hit again, and again, and again... we get -2 for each interception--how about Ed Reed's hammy,haha?

Dallas is playing a home game. They're better at home. Ravens are playing away on short rest after a bitter loss to a division rival. Let's not give the Raven's D too much credit here.

Ravens are playing away on short rest after a bitter loss to a division rival. Let's not give the Raven's D too much credit here.

They allowed the Steelers to score 6 points.....the refs gave the Steelers the other 7 on a TD call at the end of the game that shouldn't have happened.

The score is the score...but to NOT give the Ravens Defense credit is ludicrous. This is one of the premiere defensive units in the NFL right now.

And no, I am not a Ravens fan.

Romo did get 28 points vs Giants last week but IMO he looked like crap most of the game and no one can doubt the Ravens D is better than Giants D. Ravens and Cowboys are both fighting for playoff spots but Dallas has the better offense. Dallas will probably win this game but SHOULD be a very very low scoring game.

Personally I'd roll the dice with the Polish guy from the Lions. Now that might be a shootout.

They allowed the Steelers to score 6 points.....the refs gave the Steelers the other 7 on a TD call at the end of the game that shouldn't have happened.

The score is the score...but to NOT give the Ravens Defense credit is ludicrous. This is one of the premiere defensive units in the NFL right now.

And no, I am not a Ravens fan.

They allowed Pennington to throw for 295 yards on them. They allowed Derrick Anderson to throw for 2 td's on them. Peyton embarrassed them. And they allowed the Giants to just run right through them.

What's the common theme here? The Ravens were the visiting team on every occasion. Now they are the visiting team again going against a team that's much better at home than on the road. They are travelling in a short week. And they just had their hearts yanked out of their chests by the Steelers.

They are a premier defensive unit. But they have a lot of strikes against them this week.

They allowed Pennington to throw for 295 yards on them. They allowed Derrick Anderson to throw for 2 td's on them. Peyton embarrassed them. And they allowed the Giants to just run right through them.

What's the common theme here? The Ravens were the visiting team on every occasion. Now they are the visiting team again going against a team that's much better at home than on the road. They are travelling in a short week. And they just had their hearts yanked out of their chests by the Steelers.

They are a premier defensive unit. But they have a lot of strikes against them this week.

You make a good argument. Although your points are valid, I am not convinced that Romo will benefit from them. He is not a big game QB, and this is a huge game for Dallas....I see TO screaming on the sidelines already.

You make a good argument. Although your points are valid, I am not convinced that Romo will benefit from them. He is not a big game QB, and this is a huge game for Dallas....I see TO screaming on the sidelines already.

Last week they were in a must-win situation against one of the best teams in the NFL. There was double the amount of stress on Romo's shoulders last week and he had a 113.8 QB rating, went 20-30 for 244 yards, 2 td's, and 0 int's. If that's not showing up big in a big game I don't know what is.

I'm not going to judge how well Romo is going to do based on the 2 1/2 seasons he's put in so far. IMO it's not a big enough sample size. Peyton used to get all kinds of crap for being Dan Marino part II until he got his SB ring.

Last week they were in a must-win situation against one of the best teams in the NFL. There was double the amount of stress on Romo's shoulders last week and he had a 113.8 QB rating, went 20-30 for 244 yards, 2 td's, and 0 int's. If that's not showing up big in a big game I don't know what is.

I'm not going to judge how well Romo is going to do based on the 2 1/2 seasons he's put in so far. IMO it's not a big enough sample size. Peyton used to get all kinds of crap for being Dan Marino part II until he got his SB ring.

I am a big Giants fan....I don't give Romo that much credit for having the game he did. Giants are not as good as everyone predicted them to be 4 weeks ago. With Jacobs hurting, Plax done and the rest of the WRs dropping balls left and right, it's putting more pressure on the defense and it showed last week.

Romo is an average QB, and I see him performing as such this week.

I am a big Giants fan....I don't give Romo that much credit for having the game he did. Giants are not as good as everyone predicted them to be 4 weeks ago. With Jacobs hurting, Plax done and the rest of the WRs dropping balls left and right, it's putting more pressure on the defense and it showed last week.

Romo is an average QB, and I see him performing as such this week.

Are you talking about NFL QB now, or FF QB? :unsure:

Romo is good for 300 yards and 3 TDs. He is a stud QB and if you don't start him then you are stupid.

Seriously? Please, I would love to hear your logic on that prediction.

Damn Mikie; how long you been around?!!! This guy has no logic. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! :mellow:

Stud QB with a good offense with tons of weapons playing a must win game which is the final regular season game in Texas Stadium. The Ravens will not protect Flacco against a dominant Dallas pass rush and the Dallas Defense will give Romo a short field. The Ravens have also given up more TDs on the road so their defense is not scary.

Should I start Romo against the Ravens in my FFL Championship?

My only other options are Seneca Wallace vs JETS, Orlovsky vs Saints, or Frerotte/Tav Jackson vs ATL. [6 pts for TD passes]

Thanks for responding

you gotta go with Romo. he prolly wont put up huge numbers, but his upside is way better than your other choices. and Dallas will be passing a lot. he should have at least a couple TD's. and it's the last regular season game at Texas Stadium. i would go with Romo.

Romo is good for 300 yards and 3 TDs. He is a stud QB and if you don't start him then you are stupid.

:banana:

That's different from the 15 to 20 points you said last night.

Anyway, those with some intelligence.... I think it's going to be a low scoring game between Dallas and Baltimore. I'm probably starting Schaub instead. Much better matchup.

:banana:

That's different from the 15 to 20 points you said last night.

Anyway, those with some intelligence.... I think it's going to be a low scoring game between Dallas and Baltimore. I'm probably starting Schaub instead. Much better matchup.

I also have the option of going Schaub or Romo in one league. I still choose Romo.

I can't believe people are even considering those crap azz quarterbacks listed. You're gonna pin your championship hopes on Dan freakin' Orlovski or Seneca Wallace when you have Tony Romo one of the top3 QBs in the league for the last 2 1/2 seasons. I could understand if you had someone like Matt Schaub, but c'mon.

I'm sitting romo for Schaub. :dunno: Schaub's matchup is pretty good.

I'm more worried about his back than anything. The last thing I need is for Romo to leave the game in the middle of the 1st quarter due to back spasms. :unsure:

Anyone risking there fantasy football lives on someone like a Schuab or Orlofsky deserves what they will get which is a loss

Never bench your studs! havne't you learned this yet? Romo is a must start unless you have another stud which if you have gotten this far you probably don't.

Anyone risking there fantasy football lives on someone like a Schuab or Orlofsky deserves what they will get which is a loss

Never bench your studs! havne't you learned this yet? Romo is a must start unless you have another stud which if you have gotten this far you probably don't.

Yep, ride or die with Romo. There is a reason my team is the #1 seed and scored 200 more points than the guy who is the #2 seed against me this week.

Schaub carried me while Romo was hurt. Schaub has the better matchup this week.

Also, I'm starting P. Thomas over Forte this week. Studs are overrated.

Yep, ride or die with Romo. There is a reason my team is the #1 seed and scored 200 more points than the guy who is the #2 seed against me this week.

You mean it's not b/c you play against children? :dunno:

Yeah, it's always wise to start your studs regardless of matchups. I remember 4 or 5 years ago many on this board said to start Manning against a tough Denver defense over Brad Johnson when he played for Tampa Bay and they were playing someone like the Falcons. Johnson threw for 4 TDs while Manning threw for 1 TD and barely 200 yards. POint being is you don't always blindly start your studs. You look at the matchups and make a decision from there.

Yeah, it's always wise to start your studs regardless of matchups. I remember 4 or 5 years ago many on this board said to start Manning against a tough Denver defense over Brad Johnson when he played for Tampa Bay and they were playing someone like the Falcons. Johnson threw for 4 TDs while Manning threw for 1 TD and barely 200 yards. POint being is you don't always blindly start your studs. You look at the matchups and make a decision from there.

agreed. but it's easy to overthink matchups as well. i always consider matchups, but end up going with my gut. ultimately this is all a big guessing game anyway.

Romo's bangged up, Barber's bangged up, they're facing a desperate Baltimore defense... There are legitimate reasons to be concerned with this one, so you have to consider your options here.

Again, Baltimore homer here. Start Romo. Baltimore is hitting Dallas at the wrong time. Baltimore will have big trouble on offense, putting Dallas in favorable territory much of the game. I would be shocked if Romo has less than 250 and 2, and would not be surprised at 300 and 3. He may throw 1-2 picks, but he'll be a good to above average option.

Again, Baltimore homer here. Start Romo. Baltimore is hitting Dallas at the wrong time. Baltimore will have big trouble on offense, putting Dallas in favorable territory much of the game. I would be shocked if Romo has less than 250 and 2, and would not be surprised at 300 and 3. He may throw 1-2 picks, but he'll be a good to above average option.

The biggest concern for me is if he can make it through the game. I'm telling you, he is beat to hell right now and really had to gut it out to finish last week. If Marrion Barber can't take all the reps, Choice is a concern as a rookie trying to protect against the complex blitzing schemes your DC throws at offenses. He's coming in with a bad back, and is going to get hit, and hit hard a number of times, particularly if Dallas looks to throw down field, as is their preference. That's the risk you're taking here with Romo.