Bouve

***Official NFL Wildcard Weekend Gambling Thread***

Saturday:

Atlanta -1.5 vs Arizona (51)

Indianapolis -1 vs San Diego (51)

Sunday:

Baltimore -3.5 vs Miami (37.5)

Philadelphia -3 vs Minnesota (41.5)

Anyone remember a time when all road teams were favored in the playoffs?

Also I will probably fade the Phins and take the Baltimore ML simply because I have a bet on the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl thats pays $8800 so I may as well hedge a little bit each week if Miami happens to advance any further.

Anyone remember a time when all road teams were favored in the playoffs?

Also I will probably fade the Phins and take the Baltimore ML simply because I have a bet on the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl thats pays $8800 so I may as well hedge a little bit each week if Miami happens to advance any further.

Yeah and all 4 away teams are that much better teams too. I dunno will probably go all home or all away leaning towards all away

I love Philly at -3. Tavaris Jackson sucks and Jim Johnson will own him.

I like Baltimore if I can get it at -3.

I like the Colts at -1, but in SD it should be a close game. Most likely won't bet this one.

I would lean Atlanta, but mayy not bet this one either.

I would think the two safest bets are taking Philly and Indy. Both are the hottest teams in their conferences. I am staying away from the other two matchups....I have no idea how they will end up.

I do think that ATL "could" control their game, prob is, I do think we will see a different ARZ team then we have seen in weeks.

Their gonna fling it around, and play with house money. And there is no denying that they have a good bunch or WRs and a QB that can get it to them.

That game makes me a tad nervous to touch for that reason....

Im not so sold on the Indy SD thing....I could be wrong, but I dont see Indy as a lock to won that game, let alone beat the spread. SD can put up points now too, and I believe they still run the 3-4 which Indy does notoriously bad against.

PHI @ MIN obviously looks nice, but which team will show? On either side....

Thatd be a game id touch even though it seems like the no brainer.

And as for BAL @ MIA, I like it too. I really like the MIA story, but ill be real surprised if BAL doesnt come out to play for this game and between the D, the running game, and them using Flacco to not lose the game, I could see BALT winning this by 4+.

AZ +1.5 vs ATL: Experience at QB the difference, along with home field. I thought the Crad would continue to screw the pooch by pulling Warner early last week, but they left him in and let him establish a rhythm. Turner will run on the Az defense, but all other edges go to Az imo.

PHIL -3 @ MINN: May be a bit of heart over head here; in reality, I doubt I'll touch this spread. BUt I do feel strongly about Philly winning the game. Again, experience at QB. Eagles run D is pretty stout and will force Jackson to beat them. Birds are hot, Vikes have been kind of treading water.

MIAMI +3.5 vs BALT: Ravens D has been astounding at times (though moreso at home), and they'll make the Fins work for whatever they get. But Miami doens't need to score a lot to win. Their depth at RB will be a factor, and again, the edge goes to the QB with lots of post-season experience vs the guy with none.

Don't see a play that I like In Indy @ SD, though my lean is to the home dog.

Good luck to all.

11 of the last 12 home dogs in the playoffs have covered. Home field trumps a lot of things when it comes to playoff games.

You probably know which way I will be going, with my habit of taking NFL dogs to begin with.

I'm loving Arizona and Indy......

I don't think Atlanta has what it takes to beat Arizona... I cant see them stopping that Arizona passing game with Boldin and Fitzty at full strength.... Arizona has shown they can beat teams with suspect defenses, and as good a story as Atlanta has been i think their D is shaky..... Turner and that ground game will have to really chew up the clock and control the game to win this one for Atlanta.... could it happen, of course.... just think they'll be pumped in the desert for this playoff game.... before they go and get slapped on the EAST coast by the G-Men or Carolina....

Indy seems too good to be true and it may very well be a trap, but fock it i'm goin with it anyway.... the only think that worries me is Dungy likes resting his guys going into the playoffs so they're usually a little rusty and out of sync in the first half..... These 2 teams always play close games, and i expect another one..... Manning sometimes chokes in the big ones, but the weather will be nice and i think that Colts offense can score at will on SD...... SD is riding that hot streak of 4 in a row also, but cmon barely beatin KC "a couple times", Oakland, a Bucs team that fell apart and a Denver defense that couldn't stop a local high school team the last 4 games of the year... BLAH.... should be a good game as always, but if Mathis and Freeney can make a play or two which I think they will Indy will move on.... 34-28 Indy

GL all..........

140-91-1

IND PK (-115) Loser

ATL -2.5 (-105) Loser

PHI - 3 (-120)

MIA ML (+160) (Hedge bet for me)

Roddy White (Falcons) Will He Score a Touchdown - Must Play

Yes +120 Winner

Michael Turner (Falcons) Total Rushing Yards - Must Play

Over 90.5 (-115) Loser

Matt Ryan (Falcons) Total Touchdown Passes - Must Play

Over 1.5 (+110) Winner

Matt Ryan (Falcons) Total Passing Yards - Must Play

Over 212.5 (-115) Loser

Philip Rivers (Chargers) Total Passing Yards - Must Play

Over 254.5 (-125) Loser

Dallas Clark (Colts) Will He Score a Touchdown - Must Play

Yes +160 Loser

Peyton Manning (Colts) Total Pass Attempts - Must Play

Over 36.5 (-125) Love this one just based on his stats vs SD in the past Winner

Added

Will Either Team Score in the First 6 Minutes of the Game

No (Colts/Chargers) +105 Winner

Colts vs Chargers - First Scoring Play of the Game will be

Chargers Touchdown Pass

+350 1/2 unit Loser

I think all road teams are the better teams. Its hard for me to pick against them when the spreads are so low.

Haven't made up my mind yet but..

Definatly going Philly big.

Will play the Ravens.

May play Colts.

I'll take all the home teams.

11 of the last 12 home dogs in the playoffs have covered. Home field trumps a lot of things when it comes to playoff games.

You probably know which way I will be going, with my habit of taking NFL dogs to begin with.

Considering this stat, do you think taking all 4 home dogs on the moneyline this week would be likely a winning proposition? I'm an Eagles fan and wouldn't do it, but I'd be suprised if at least two home teams don't win this week. The away teams do look like the better teams, but their is such parity in the NFL this year, and homefield can be very important. Just look at Arizona, a team that is 6-2 at home and very good in the desert, but a team that is terrible when they have to travel. They are playing a Atlanta team that is also good at home but very mediocre on the road (4-4). Just seems like a good spot for Arizona, and many of the home teams for that matter.

NFL Network last night gave a stat that only 2 rookie qb's since 1982 have ever won their first play-off game,Big Ben and Shaun King,what they didn't give that I'd like to know was how many rookie qb's have made the play-offs since then.

NFL Network last night gave a stat that only 2 rookie qb's since 1982 have ever won their first play-off game,Big Ben and Shaun King,what they didn't give that I'd like to know was how many rookie qb's have made the play-offs since then.

A total of 6 since like 1970 I heard. Dan Marino, Todd Marinovich, Jim Everett, and Bernie Kosar lost, with Big Ben and Shaun King both playing poorly but won ugly games. Neither team covered.

A total of 6 since like 1970 I heard. Dan Marino, Todd Marinovich, Jim Everett, and Bernie Kosar lost, with Big Ben and Shaun King both playing poorly but won ugly games. Neither team covered.

That Marinovich game was against KC as I recall and ugly fit this game as well,10-6 final in cold and rainy Arrowhead.I could be wrong about this as that was more than a few brain cells ago.

I am playing Arizona for sure, but cant seem to justify taking a side in the other game. On one hand, ~65% are on Indy the road favorite, which is never a good sign. On the other hand, Indy has won like 11 games in a row or something with many impressive wins. Meanwhile, San Diego, while coming in with 4 wins in a row has beaten Oakland, KC, and faltering TB and Denver teams, not too impressive. I think both teams are overrated and probably the worst two in the AFC to make the playoffs. In fact, Indy has yielded more points this year then they have scored om the road. San Diego has played little defense. Bleh, ill prob take San Diego just cuz I hate Indy and want to watch the game.

This ATL/ARZ game is confusing me.

Look at Arizona's wins. The best was Mia at home, then Dallas at home. 3rd best win is a toos up. Buffalo at home/SF Away....pretty sad. They beat 1 playoff team all year.

ATL has a lot of good wins, but 4 of their 5 losses are on the road.

The AZ/ATL line has gone from AZ +1.5 to AZ -1.5. After planning on taking ATL all week I'm changing to AZ. Whenever a line moves from one side to the other the fav. is likely to cover. It worked both times in the bowl games.

138-88-1

IND PK (-115)

ATL -2.5 (-105) Loser

PHI - 3 (-120)

Yes +120 Winner

Over 90.5 (-115) Loser

Over 1.5 (+110) Winner

Over 212.5 (-115) Loser

Over 254.5 (-125)

Yes +160

Over 36.5 (-125) Love this one just based on his stats vs SD in the past

Sweet start fock this :bench:

140-90-1

IND PK (-115) Loser

ATL -2.5 (-105) Loser

PHI - 3 (-120)

Yes +120 Winner

Over 90.5 (-115) Loser

Over 1.5 (+110) Winner

Over 212.5 (-115) Loser

Over 254.5 (-125) Loser

Yes +160 Loser

Over 36.5 (-125) Love this one just based on his stats vs SD in the past Winner

Added

Will Either Team Score in the First 6 Minutes of the Game

No (Colts/Chargers) +105 Winner

Colts vs Chargers - First Scoring Play of the Game will be

Chargers Touchdown Pass

+350 1/2 unit Loser

Losing lots of money here, fock you Refs focking Rivers too, focking BS. I'm pretty sure I am going to lose all 4 of my games. Fock I hate Rivers

I'll take all the home teams.

:music_guitarred: :wall: :wall: :overhead: :wall:

143-93-1

PHI - 3 (-120) winner

MIA ML (+160) (Hedge bet for me) loser

Tarvaris Jackson (Vikings) Total Completions - Must Play

Under 16.5 (-115) winner

DeSean Jackson (Eagles) Total Receptions - Must Play

Under 4.5 (-115) winner

Ronnie Brown (Dolphins) Will He Score a Touchdown - Must Play

No -140 loser

I am playing Arizona for sure, but cant seem to justify taking a side in the other game. On one hand, ~65% are on Indy the road favorite, which is never a good sign. On the other hand, Indy has won like 11 games in a row or something with many impressive wins. Meanwhile, San Diego, while coming in with 4 wins in a row has beaten Oakland, KC, and faltering TB and Denver teams, not too impressive. I think both teams are overrated and probably the worst two in the AFC to make the playoffs. In fact, Indy has yielded more points this year then they have scored om the road. San Diego has played little defense. Bleh, ill prob take San Diego just cuz I hate Indy and want to watch the game.

fock indy :dunno:

Miami +3.5

Baltimore/Miami U38.5

Philly -3

Philly/Minnesota O41

Those are my picks. I also have a bet on the Baltimore ML in an effort to hedge my Miami Super Bowl bet that pays $8800.

My heart wants Miami to win but sadly I think Baltimore pulls it out with a late FG :dunno:

Both home dogs. Either PHilly or Balt will win outright (Eagles is my guess), but with 3.5 available, the dogs are the way to go.

140-93-1

PHI - 3 (-120)

MIA ML (+160) (Hedge bet for me) loser

Tarvaris Jackson (Vikings) Total Completions - Must Play

Under 16.5 (-115)

DeSean Jackson (Eagles) Total Receptions - Must Play

Under 4.5 (-115)

Ronnie Brown (Dolphins) Will He Score a Touchdown - Must Play

No -140 loser

Really a Ronnie Focking Brown receiving touchdown. Fock me, now I'm pissed and will make more stupid bets. Fock. Blind focking squirrel could pick better NFL games than me. Once the Eagles lose I go 0-4

Nice .500 week.

Meh, I was robbed.