Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

When does the RSP come out

Anybody know when the RSP hits the presses? I know we've still got combine action to come, but the NFL off season sucks! I like basketball ok, but it's too long and boring...and baseball is putrid.

Anybody know when the RSP hits the presses? I know we've still got combine action to come, but the NFL off season sucks! I like basketball ok, but it's too long and boring...and baseball is putrid.

Um....unless Mike is going to create his own, the RSP will not be coming out on this site. Waldman left and I believe that was his "baby". :music_guitarred:

"and baseball is putrid."

and so it was said, "if baseball was any slower, it would be farming"

Alright I'll bite, why'd Waldman leave?

Why does anyone leave one job to go to another? Probably more pay/promotion....

I've talked to Waldman via email. I kind of got the sense he felt like he was "leaving home" by leaving FFToday, but wanted another challenge. I'm not trying to suck up to the crew here at FFToday, but he said nothing negative about this site and/or Mike and the gang that runs it. He was very grateful for the opportunity he got here at FFToday. He didn't say if it had anything to do with money. I think it was just a new challenge. The guy really came across as a class act!

I've talked to Waldman via email. I kind of got the sense he felt like he was "leaving home" by leaving FFToday, but wanted another challenge. I'm not trying to suck up to the crew here at FFToday, but he said nothing negative about this site and/or Mike and the gang that runs it. He was very grateful for the opportunity he got here at FFToday. He didn't say if it had anything to do with money. I think it was just a new challenge. The guy really came across as a class act!

The truth is FBG has a bigger audience, which equals more customers for his RSP.

Oh. So money. Tx!

I have no direct knowledge of that, just a hunch. But the guy puts a tremendous amount of time and effort into his publication and it is damn good. Why not market it at a place with more traffic? Makes sense to me.

Waldman really IS a class act and like Cuse said, he had nothing but good things to say about his experience with FFtoday.

As FlaHawker states, FBG has a much bigger following (5-15 times more fantasy football 'addicts' depending on the time of year) and over time Waldman grew very close to some of their staff - particularly Bloom and Lammey. It was a natural 'fit ' for him regardless of the money so I really don't think that money was the critical issue here - although more money never hurts. No, you can, but you don't have to buy your RSP from Football Guys. Waldman retained the rights to RSP (which has been expanded and is available April 1, I believe). In addition to promoting RSP through FBG, Waldman has his own site too, but I don't recall what it is. If you google Rookie Scouting Portfolio I'm sure you can find it.

I have no direct knowledge of that, just a hunch. But the guy puts a tremendous amount of time and effort into his publication and it is damn good. Why not market it at a place with more traffic? Makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me, too. Didn't mean to sound like I was holding it against him.

sad, a lot of Waldman's theories and ideas I have incorporated into my own strategeries. This is the only board I'm ever on, now I feel compelled to give FBG's a look.

sad, a lot of Waldman's theories and ideas I have incorporated into my own strategeries. This is the only board I'm ever on, now I feel compelled to give FBG's a look.

It's more of paysite, which will keep me away. Honestly, FFToday is far and away the best site for fantasy football. There really isn't anything you can't find in here that you need. They have some things you have to pay for, but I would think that covers the cost of running the site. I could be wrong, but I doubt Mike is getting rich from running this site. Maybe I'll come with my own RSP to add to FFToday, of course that would require actually watching all these college kids and having a reasonable expectation of them, which I don't have time to do.

While it's definitly a loss having Waldman leave there are still two great things. FFToday will still be here and is the best there is. Waldman is simply an email away. The guy is tremendous at getting back with you and giving great replies.

The message boards are always great this time of year as well. This is where you can get into great discussions about players/teams and actually learn things. During the season there are way too many tools in here spouting off about every and anything. The real football fans stick around now and you can get into great topics about different things.

As for Waldman leaving for money. I don't thinks that's it. He didn't say it was and he has a "normal" job, so I'm guessing he don't rely on fantasy football to make his house payments. Like any of us, sometimes you just need a change.

It's more of paysite, which will keep me away. Honestly, FFToday is far and away the best site for fantasy football. There really isn't anything you can't find in here that you need. They have some things you have to pay for, but I would think that covers the cost of running the site. I could be wrong, but I doubt Mike is getting rich from running this site. Maybe I'll come with my own RSP to add to FFToday, of course that would require actually watching all these college kids and having a reasonable expectation of them, which I don't have time to do.

While it's definitly a loss having Waldman leave there are still two great things. FFToday will still be here and is the best there is. Waldman is simply an email away. The guy is tremendous at getting back with you and giving great replies.

The message boards are always great this time of year as well. This is where you can get into great discussions about players/teams and actually learn things. During the season there are way too many tools in here spouting off about every and anything. The real football fans stick around now and you can get into great topics about different things.

As for Waldman leaving for money. I don't thinks that's it. He didn't say it was and he has a "normal" job, so I'm guessing he don't rely on fantasy football to make his house payments. Like any of us, sometimes you just need a change.

yeah, i guess you're right. but it sure seems like a lot of the old timers aren't around anymore and the quality of the work on the bored has definitely fallen off. I still like this place and feel loyalty to fftoday and mike since this is still the only bored I go to, but IMO Waldman is big loss. I know he spends a lot of time on the RSP, there's a tremendous amount of sacrifice and effort that goes into that thing and I don't blame him at all for wanting a bigger audience if that was the factor in his moving on. It just seem to me that there aren't too may people on here anymore who are dedicated FFT guys.

This is the only board I'm ever on, now I feel compelled to give FBG's a look.

Its a well run site with a lot of traffic. You will find a lot of posters from here over at that site posting once in a while. I love FFtoday and I think some of the appeal here is that it is smaller with more of a community feel to it at this point. If I need a lot of trade opinions in a hurry thats usually where I go. -LBH

Well, he just posted over there that if you subscribe to FBG, you get the RSP for free, so he's obviously getting some money for going over there.

I never said it like it was a bad thing when I said he moved for more money/promotion.

I'm sure he liked it here, but when a better opportunity comes, you are going to take it most of the time.

He has to be getting some subscribers money for it, and he will obviously bring more subscribers because of it, it's a win-win for both sides.

I personally love his RSP and get it every year, I will get it again, but I will not be subscribing over there to get it.

Just to clarify Cuse's comment: There is a LOT of free content at FBGs including the Forums (top grade posters - very few retards or flamers because they do actively moderate their board), The Audible podcasts (the best by far) are also free, and even much of the premium content is often posted first for free in the forum). I was on there two years before I subscribed, but the subscription is worth the money. Less than $27 per year is a great price for all of the premium content.

That doesn't mean you have to abandon this site. I read and post on 3 sites and learn something from all of them.

Well, he just posted over there that if you subscribe to FBG, you get the RSP for free, so he's obviously getting some money for going over there.

Great, there goes one of my advantages in my Dynasty League. Our league subscribes to FBG, so all the teams in my league will now have access to the RSP. I've been using it for the last few years to get a leg up on the competition since none of them visit this site.

I did not see where he posted that over there. Not saying you are wrong, but I'd appreciate a link. I'm under the impression that RSP is separate from the FBG premium content.

I did not see where he posted that over there. Not saying you are wrong, but I'd appreciate a link. I'm under the impression that RSP is separate from the FBG premium content.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=457623

I also sent him a pm on FBG asking if I can still buy the RSP without paying for FBG...his response to me was that I can buy it from him for $17.95, and then he tried to sell me on paying the extra $6 for the early bird FBG subscription....

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=457623

I also sent him a pm on FBG asking if I can still buy the RSP without paying for FBG...his response to me was that I can buy it from him for $17.95, and then he tried to sell me on paying the extra $6 for the early bird FBG subscription....his exact response to my pm:

Don't post the contents of private emails please. You may email Matt for procedures on purchasing the RSP directly.

Don't post the contents of private emails please. You may email Matt for procedures on purchasing the RSP directly.

edited