Sign in to follow this  
Carl Eller's Dead Liver

Kevin Smith, DET RB

I have never seen any posts about this guy. Last year he finished as the #17 RB overall in my dynasty league and averaged 17 points per game over the final 4 games of the season. What do you expect from him this year and long term? I can see him sneeking into the top 10 this year given he was not the starter the entire year last and given his strong ending performance. Also with the new coaching staff coming into town, play calling will change.

IMO: Kevin Smith is a solid running back #2 in all fantasy leagues and a low end #1 in PPR leagues for '09. He is a very underrated recieving back.

Dynasty: Buy low and sell high! I think this kid has value right now!

I had him on my roster this past season and think he'll be a good #2 back with some alot of ups and downs next season.

Smith seemed to be one of the few bright pots they had.

The only problem, it's the Liedowns, the organization is a mess.

Most owners should be able to get him fairly cheap, at the least he would be a good 3rd rb to any FF roster if you have the room, I like his potential.

I have him as my 4th RB in a deep keeper. Right now he's on my keeper list and Jacobs is on the trade block. Not that I have to or want to trade Jacobs. I just think he will bring the most in return. Back to Smith I think he is going to put up solid #2 and may be lower #1 RB numbers for the few years.

The worst thing he has going for him is the team he plays for. He would have had a nice little year if the Lions hadn't been focking around with Rudi Johnson half the year.

:rolleyes:

Had they not wasted their time with oldman Rudi Johnson, he would have had a great year. This on a pathetic team.

schwartz vows to make the running game a priority...then again, rod promised that as well. i think smith is solid and his value only goes up from here.

schwartz vows to make the running game a priority...then again, rod promised that as well. i think smith is solid and his value only goes up from here.

I was impressed with Kevin Smith on how well he performed despite only having him and Calvin Johnson as weapons on offense and little else. If the QB play improves to go along with the D, Smith could be a borderline no.1 RB and a very solid no.2 RB.

If the Lions can get their defense turned around, he'll have more opportunities. It's tough to commit to the run when you're defense is giving up two TD's on the first two drives of the game and you're down 14-0. I think Schwartz will help a lot with that because he's shown in Tennessee that he can get the most out of his defensive personnel.

The o-line was mediocre, but Smith was able to make things happen in spite of that. If the Lions take a LT at #1 overall, it will only help his case. If it's a QB, hopefully they make o-line improvements with the 20th and 33rd picks.

I think Smith is a solid #2 RB with decent upside, especially since he's active in the passing game with almost 40 catches last year. I think we'll probably see the Lions take a short yardage RB in the mid rounds of the draft (4-6) to provide some depth, but Smith will be the featured RB there.

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Lions have agreed to terms with RB Maurice Maurice on a three-year deal worth close to $7 million.

The Lions also showed interest in Derrick Ward, so it's clear that they wanted a backfield partner for Kevin Smith. Smith is likely to hold onto early down carries with Morris being used as a change of pace back similar to his role with Seattle over the years.

much better for k.smith that it wasn't ward

After picking up Morris, I'd say for Dynasty leagues K.Smith is right in the #8-15 range for runningbacks.

At least that's about his value in our league. I'd be shocked if he was anything lower than say 19 or 20 in any leagues, unless the scoring was TDs only.

I hope Maurice Maurice is good.

He turns 30 later this year and has a whopping 9 career TDs rush/rec.

Great news for Kevin Smith owners like myself.

I hope Maurice Maurice is good.

He should be an excellent benchwarmer watching Smith run the ball.