Sign in to follow this  
remote controller

Draft Summaries and breakdowns

Clash of the Titans - Nice plan by Clash with fine results. He nailed his backs early, then concentrated on Wr value. After solidifying his core he grabbed back to back Qb's, nabbing a nice veteran pair, with some potential rebound upside out of Palmer. He only took one TE, but I thought it was a fine 12th round choice.

8.12 Carson Palmer, QB CIN - Great potential if Chad is truly back. I like the fact that Henry also seems focused. Come on Benson and the running game! (Rookie??)

9.01 Ben Roethlisberger, QB PIT - I see this as a non-spectacular but extremely safe back up!

1.01 Adrian Peterson, RB MIN - He really sucks!! There will be production from this guy.

2.12 Ronnie Brown, RB MIA - Some don't like him but I feel you can't do better at damn near round 3.

6.12 Jamal Lewis, RB CLE - Round 6 is the only thing that makes me think this one isn't a throw away. I think he is done.

10.12 Ahmad Bradshaw, RB NYG - #1 rushing team last year minus one of their 1,000 yard rushers. How much of that does he get? Round 10 potential steal!

3.01 Anquan Boldin, WR ARI - If they can be creative and cram him under the cap, this is a big win. If they can't, he did do well year 1 as a rook.

4.12 Santonio Holmes, WR PIT - Might have caught a bad break here with his arrest this morning. All charges dropped but pot was involved. He is now risky!

5.01 Eddie Royal, WR DEN - Great grab if Orton can make the throws. I'm not sure of that.

7.01 Torry Holt, WR JAX - already icing his knees. Not a good sign, but a round 7 #1 wr for the Jags

11.01 Plaxico Burress, WR FA Will not be able to play this year in my opinion, but I am often wrong.

12.12 Jeremy Shockey, TE NO - great TE this late, and seems to want to grab his chunk of 4,300 yards of passing out of Brees. Inj's in the Wr corp will help.

-Love the plan he drafted with, but felt another TE instead of Burress would have been better.

-Solid corp, #1- #3 in both Rb's and Wr's, if his wideouts can stay eligible or healthy.

- My favorite picks were his 2, 3 corner, and Shockey in the 12th.

- Didn't like Jamal or Burress but can't really fault the Holt grab in the 7th.

Nice job Clash!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

remote controller- My pre-draft plan was easy to acheive, and that is scary. I wanted 1 of 4 Qb' s in round 5 or 6, and got my #1. I wanted to take a chance on Olsen as my #1 TE and got him a round later than I expected in 7. I was able to get 3 good Wr's where we start 3, but failed some on my #2 RB. I have never been a McFadden guy. I was happy at the corner of 6/7 and feel I got lucky since Clash was tied up,and took Jamal/Holt over the phone, allowing me Moss/Olsen.

5.02 Donovan McNabb, QB PHI - got him as planned, but think he would make it to at least the bottom of the round. Drafting from the 2 slot, that won't allow me to maximize value on him here.

11.02 Jake Delhomme- Very pleased with him in th 11th. He has Steve Smith and a running game to aid him.

1.02 Matt Forte, RB CHI - He was why I drafted from the 2 hole. I would like to try to land him from the #3 slot to see how that turns out. (June Mock??)

4.11 Darren McFadden, RB OAK - Others are higher on him than me. Cable grabbed Neal, and the line is improved??? I wanted Moreno or Thomas here.

8.11 Felix Jones, RB DAL - I feel I got lucky here, as he wasn't on my radar. Jerry Jones wants more of him, and I hope he holds up and produces.

9.02 Darren Sproles, RB SD - This was suppose to be Fred Jackson, but I was on site and messed up via the phone. He will suffice as a #4

2.11 Greg Jennings, WR GBP - Jennings was 1 of two targets here. I also was looking at Steve Smith who dropped at 2.08.

3.02 Roddy White, WR ATL - Clash's nice corner was also good to me because I liked Roddy, and was able to get him.

6.11 Santana Moss, WR WAS - I was tracking 3 wideouts at this point and Holt wasn't one of them, so this was a nice bonus for my #3 Wr.

10.11 Dominic Hixon, WR NYG - I hope and feel he will be the #1 fantasy receiver for NYG, with Smith the safety blanket. A #1 Wr in rd. 10 was nice.

7.02 Greg Olsen, TE CHI - High hopes for this guy. I feel he is the #1 recipient of good fortune from Cutler in Chicago.

12.11 Brent Celek, TE PHI - Bomb didn't take a second TE so I was sweating it just a little, but figured Shockey might fall there instead of Favre. I like having a TE/QB combo, and I like Celek this year. I have him as the #11 TE.

- My pre-draft plan worked real well and this was an easy draft in that respect. I don't feel anyone struggled as this thing fell kind of mildly with plenty of apparent depth.

- Excellant receiving corp both Wr and Te with A QB who can swing with the big boys when on and healthy.

- #2 Rb scares me, but I have high hopes for Felix. I would rather have Shonn Greene than Sproles right now.

- My Favorite picks were getting Jennings and Roddy at 2/3, and Moss and Olsen at 6/7.

- Didn't like my McFadden or Sproles pick.

I am happy with the results.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Da Bomb - Bomb simplified this draft by grabbing his team early, going stud Qb and Stud TE early. He questioned himself some, but I don't think he is regretting it. There is alot of pretty solid steady scoring in those first 5 picks, especially if Chad is 85% back! A very well balanced veteran team. One of my favorites teams of his that I have ever watched him draft. Lacking a 2nd TE, but he might have only played once.

3.03 Peyton Manning, QB IND - I couldn't do this, but would if I knew I could get away with it. That's up to 85!! Plenty of TD's

12.10 Brett Favre, QB FA - Two late Viking STEALS!! Go Brett!

1.03 Maurice Jones-Drew, RB JAX - I smell TD's

2.10 Marion Barber III, RB DAL - Catch the trend?? TD'S!!

9.03 Willis McGahee, RB BAL - 9th round reclaimation projcet?? Who knows? I wasn't interested in him, but that doesn't mean much.

10.10 Chester Taylor, RB MIN - Very solid #3 rb who vaults to a #1 rb if needed.

4.10 Chad Ochocinco, WR CIN - THis is his WILDCARD!!! Many feel it will pay off, and he is in camp and saying the right things, when not speaking about "Brokeback Mountain" when referencing his relationship with Palmer. I bet Palmer loved that!

6.10 Lee Evans, WR BUF - I feel Evans OUT produces TO this year from his later draft spot. Great #2 Wr! I was wanting him over Moss.

7.03 Anthony Gonzalez, WR IND - I don't see him exploding but feel he has the chance, and will be a fine #3 Wr.

8.10 Steve Breaston, WR ARI - If Boldin don't fit under the cap, this is HUGE! Could easliy become a solid #2.

11.03 Chris Henry, WR, CIN - If Chad don't get it Henry will. This could be a tough weekly call if he becomes solely a Td type target. Is that a bad probelm?

5.03 Antonio Gates, TE SDC - Back to the TD thing!!!

- The round 3 QB, and round 5 TE took balls, and isn't a normal drafting decision for Bomb. This might be the year for that strategy with the apparent depth in this draft throughout.

- He still landed a great Rb corp, and a good Wr Corp which has plenty of upside potential, and a cuff!!

- My favorite picks were his QB/TE test drive, and the Breaston, Taylor reinforcements

- Wasn't into Willis, but thought everything else fell great.

Nice draft, and wonder if he might try this this year, given a chance when it counts?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ace08 - A real thought out attack plan based on to Qb's he speculated on in rounds 8 and 10. He concentrated on Wr's but never strayed too far from his backfield, and brought both together nicely! His only weakness in my opinion is Winslow, and he didn't back him up. I love his starting Wr's and Rb's, but not as high on his depth there.

8.09 Matt Schaub, QB HOU - If he stays on the field, he is passing to a beast and has a nice safety valve in Slaton.

10.09 Trent Edwards, QB BUF - Anytime after 10 I like trent. He is a solid #2 Qb. TO won't hurt his numbers this year. He might destroy the team in 2 years, but?????

2.09 Brandon Jacobs, RB NYG - Brandon gets scrutinized like Ronnie Brown. I love them both, and look what he got for a first round pick!

4.09 Pierre Thomas, RB NOS - I was hoping for Pierre, but had to settle for McFadden. This is the blue Collar type guy you love to cheer for! Is he a good RB#2???

7.04 Lendale White, RB TEN - I predict a better TD year for White, but less of an overall role.

9.04 LeSean McCoy, RB PHI - I don't see McCoy doing much this year, but could draw a break via injury.

1.04 Larry Fitzgerald, WR ARI - Dude was a monster last year, and will struggle repeating without Boldin. Hell, he won't repeat WITH Boldin, but 85% would be plenty.

3.04 Marques Colston, WR NOS - Would love to know who he was tracking right here. Being part of 4,300 passing yards from Bree's makes this a very stable Wr#2 pick

5.04 DeSean Jackson, WR PHI - Great pick here. I am partial though becasue I have his QB. Wr#3 deluxe!!

11.04 Percy Harvin, WR MIN - No feel for his Fantasy impact due to consistency this first year, but Favre can make Don Beebe a star, so this could be cake walk!

12.09 Deion Branch, WR SEA - Last pick, healthy QB, TJ Housh, and Karlson???

6.09 Kellen Winslow, TE TBB - I may be in the minority but I have no faith in him being worth the 6th round pick. There were many I liked better, but i need to step back from this because of my extreme feelings for him. I of course feel a backup would have been a good thing here, forgoing Branch.

- A real nice plan rewarded him with real nice results for his starters. (TE words) After the starters, it gets a bit rougher.

- The plan was late Qb's, hopefully Shaub comes through for you. Trent will be steady fill in.

- I liked picks 1-5 alot.

- I wasn't a fan of picks 6,7, 9, and 12.

It was a good plan, and it worked for you because I read your comments on Winslow and Shaub in particular, and I feel this thing fell nicely for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jetdoc - Thanks again for this great kickoff Mock! I hope your brother is doing okay! You picked a well balanced team, and you don't seem to dislike it like you sometimes do. You have always been your worst critic. I should take some notes on humility. You have gone beyond your starters and have depth.

5.05 Kurt Warner, QB ARI - If he can do it again this is a huge pick, and I discounted him with a Super Bowl Loss slump. doesn't meanit will happen.

10.08 David Garrard, QB JAX - expected more out of him last year and he can easily reb ound this year. I had forgotten about him until you made the crafty 10th round grab

1.05 Michael Turner, RB ATL - Dude can run and score. As you mentioned, I believe, last year was his first year of heavy use. He can find the endzone, now hopefully Ryans second year at Qb, and Gonzo moving the chains and keeping the defense honest, will help him help you with more consistency.

4.08 Knowshon Moreno, RB DEN - Damn I wanted him at 4.11. Kids a stud, and Hillis is gonna be his best friend.

6.08 Jonathan Stewart, RB CAR - DeWills gig, but he can handle this Rb #3 gig.

9.05 Jerious Norwood, RB ATL - Smart move here, and I finally believe he gets used more this year. They can't afford 400+ out of Turner again.

2.08 Steve Smith, WR CAR - Had he and jennings on my board and you narrowed it down. Great #1 Wr!

3.05 Dwayne Bowe, WR KCC - With Thigpen at Qb and Gonzo present, this would be a lower level #1Wr. With Cassell and noe Gonzo, a servicable #2.

7.05 Lance Moore, WR NOS - If he can recover from that shoulder, tis will be your #2 Wr, and a key part of 4,300 yards of passing.

8.08 Derrick Mason, WR BAL - Steady vet who will snag 85+!!!

12.08 Isaac Bruce, WR SFO - I would have loved to see the backup TE here.

11.05 Zach Miller, TE OAK - Heavy dose of run out of Cable this year. That won't necessarily hurt Miller. There's not a whole lot to throw to there.

- I might be all wet, but I didn't detect an overall plan other than snag the best guy available, which is a plan in itself. It worked fine and you had a nice draft.

- Solid starters and depth at Qb, Rb, and Wr.

- I loved Smith, Moreno picks, and what Warner could deliver from the middle of the 5th.

- I'm not high on Stewart but that could change with a high ankle sprain in a heartbeat. I also felt that Bruce should have been a 2nd TE.

Your team can weather the storm a season can bring, and can capitalize on a major storm in Carolina. Nice draft, especially with the bad news, and distraction it had to cause!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fumbleweed - This was a typical draft for Fumble. He landed an Ultr-stud Qb, so he didn't have to pull his patented two Qb strategy. He got a combo of old and young legs, 8 good ones, which didn't suprise me. (3 of his first 5 picks) He is never afraid to wade into the reciever waters late, and again grabbed a mixture of age and youth. He chose a nice TE at a good value in round 9. I don't know Fumble, but you had to be pleased with the way it fell??

2.07 Drew Brees, QB NOS - He wasn't making it another spot and fumble was pacing. Money weekly!

11.06 Matt Cassel, QB KC - I was critical of Cassell and was reminded it was round 11, and he'll play once.

1.06 Steven Jackson, RB STL - I have liked this pick more and more since it was made. I was AVOID on Jackson, and that is changing fast. I feel he is a top 5 back.

3.06 Ryan Grant, RB GBP - Grant will be great this year, and I think this is as good a #2 Rb as we have here. Barber might score more, but Grant will make it up in yardage.

5.06 Chris Wells, RB ARI - A fine #3. This is another Fumble move I have grown accustomed to. The goodrookie back and his huge upside.

10.07 Earnest Graham, RB TB - As a #4 how can you go wrong. There will be some kind of split, and he has proven what he can do. If Ward gets injured???

4.07 Antonio Bryant, WR TBB - I could not do this. I would need a more secure Wr#1, but the next 3 are all solid, and he run with the hot hand.

6.07 Bernard Berrian, WR MIN - Brett Favre words even if you don't want to hear it Fumble. He can make him a #1 if he has his arm.

7.06 Hines Ward, WR PIT - Crafty old vet, who reminds me of Fumble. He will smile at you as he beats you up!

8.07 Ted Ginn Jr, WR MIA - Could easily break into the #1 Wr range this year. He is that perfect breakout canidate.

12.07 Miles Austin, WR Dal - TO is gone. They still have Roy and Witten. This guy will try to imitate TO. Crayton is a possession guy, and not worth the upside this guy offers.

9.06 John Carlson, TE SEA - I again wish you had two, because this isn't like Brees, and you might find this guy non-existent for weeks at a time. Housh hurt his value some, in my opinion for the redzone stuff.

- Same story different year, but with the Stud Qb this time. Rb depth that gives me the warm and fuzzies, and a patchwork receiving corp basically equal from top to bottom.

- Have warmed up to Jackson since picked, and figure you were smiling when the Wr fell at 1.04. Picks 3 and 5 were one thing, and good, but I really like picks 6,7,and 8.

- Not a Bryant fan, and don't feel he comes close to repeating what he did last year. I also feel you are going to wish you had a different TE.

Nice job Fumble. That middle of the draft Wr run you put on was great, and made the Brees pick gravy, because you have a great backfield!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will have to finish the final 6 Thursday night. This is what I expected while folloeing the draft this year. Seems to be a happy draft with lots of apparent depth. The teams will all look pretty good, and that is what I'm finding. It is a great year to be close to a corner as the depth is great!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantasy King - Interesting strategy making these two Qb's earn the start. Should be some motivation, and I mean literally in the NFL. Grabbing the two cuffs was very important, but I wondered what the team would have looked like if he would have taken a Wr instead of Addai at 5.07, then I looked at what he was looking at. It was pretty thin right then. I think you did the best you could right there. The two cuffs substantially weakened your receiving corp. There were 2 great TE's available with Gonzo and Clark but you already had Witten. This team will struggle week in and week out at Wr, but that is what the wire is about, and you could trad and Rb tandem for a wideout.

8.06 Jay Cutler, QB CHI - I really like Cutler, and feel this is the latest he is gonna fall this preseason.

11.07 Kyle Orton, QB DEN - Should make for a nice staedy fillin who won't hurt you when you need him. Cheap in round 11.

1.07 Frank Gore, RB SFO - Could rebound to top 5 Rb form really making this a nice value.

4.06 Marshawn Lynch, RB BUF - I have no faith in this guy at all.

5.07 Joseph Addai, RB IND - I have little faith in this guy.

6.06 Donald Brown, RB IND - This was a must grab.

9.07 Fred Jackson, RB BUF - This was a must grab.

2.06 Reggie Wayne, WR IND - Great top 5 or 6 receiver in the mid 2nd.

7.07 Laverneous Coles, WR CIN - I don't see him making much impact......see Ike Bruce, Branch, Burleson, etc.

10.06 Jeremy Maclin, WR PHI - You need more from him then he can put out.

12.06 Mark Clayton, WR BAL - You might get a game out of him.

3.07 Jason Witten, TE DAL - A Stud who really cost you a lot!

- Great possibilities at QB, and RB. A total stud at TE, and alot of work needed to filed some receivers. The TE grab early hurt, because there were no receivers available for you in the 5th.

- Donald Brown and Maclin are the keys to this squad. You will need them to step up quick. Cutler, Witten, Gore, and Wayne will be steady but very tired if these two don't.

- Like Cutler in the 8th, and the cuffs in 6 and 9.

- I like Witten, but don't like what it did to you. I didn't feel the Lynch and Addai picks.

I would really be interested in your take of what you saw at pick 5.07.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JScott - The burning question........Was Welker a definite maybe? My biggest concern with this squad is at #1 RB. I think you got caught between tiers. Seems a great Wr group busted out right after this pick. If Smith can handle his job then the rest looks pretty solid. The Jones boys hold down the #2 job just fine. I love the points from the Pats connection, and it has to be considered because JScott did. Sneaky strong Wrs anchored by Moss and Jackson. I feel Curtis was a steal in the 12th as a #3 Wr. He will offer more consistency than Hester. Hands down the best TE duo, but not sure if that is a good thing or not???? Clark will stand on his own I believe.

M2.05 Tom Brady, QB NEP - Stud points consistently

9.08 Matt Hasselbeck, QB SEA - Great 9th round addition, though with Brady you could have shot lower. ( coming off inj. concerns for both)

3.08 Kevin Smith, RB DET - The Wild card without a doubt.

5.08 Thomas Jones, RB NYJ - Prideful vet who did come in on time, and Washington held out.

7.08 Julius Jones, RB SEA - If Hass stays healthy and connects with Housh, this will be his best year as a pro.

10.05 Tim Hightower, RB ARI - great inj. or bye week option.

1.08 Randy Moss, WR NEP - Stud points consistently.

4.05 Vincent Jackson, WR SDC - This is actually another #1 Wr.

8.05 Devin Hester, WR CHI - Boom or bust on a weekly basis.

12.05 Kevin Curtis, WR PHI - Boom or bust on a weekly basis.

6.05 Dallas Clark, TE IND - Stud points consistently.

11.08 Vernon Davis, TE, SF - Could hold great value if needed, but could also pinw away on the bench too much.

-Don't write this team off too early, especially if the Pats recreate even 80% of "07". Clark and Jackson will be contributing.

- If Kevin Smith is a valid #1, this team can easily compete.

- I like the combo pick at 1 and 2 and Jackson at 4.

- I don't trust K Smith in the 3rd, and think that Shonn Grrene in the 12th would have been better than Hightower in the 10th.

If this team achieves a running game they will be a force to reckon with. Great job unconventionally as usual!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patriotsfatboy1- I love the the way the draft fell for you. You went in with a great plan, but I question Bush over Pierre in the 4th. LT and AJ are about as good a one two as went down. I don't know what this season holds for TO, and feel Evans will equal his production from a later draft spot. You achieved good balance.

6.04 Tony Romo, QB DAL - Nice 6th round value.

11.09 Chad Pennington, QB NYJ - No need to spend more than an 11th for a backup.

1.09 LaDanian Tomlinson, RB SDC - Fell on your lap!!!!

4.04 Reggie Bush, RB NOS - PPR beast, and productive and dangerous when fully armed.

5.09 Willie Parker, RB PIT - Should excell as usual early. Hopefully, they spell him better, to prolong his season.

10.04 LeRon McClain, RB BAL - Your 4th Rb, but likely the fantasy points leader in Baltimore again. 278 lbs is just SICK!

2.04 Andre Johnson, WR HOU - Solid #1 Wr no where close to finding his ceiling yet!

3.09 Terrell Owens, WR BUF - If he does what some think, you have another #1 Wr

8.04 Michael Crabtree, WR SFO - I don't think he will produce as much as your #4

9.09 Chris Chambers, WR SD - Good #3 numbers this year as the double team shifts.

7.09 Owen Daniels, TE HOU - If he falters you have his near equal

12.04 Heath Miller, TE PIT - Not a waste of talent when he comes in the 12th.

- Well rounded team with the wildcard performance possible from TO. Romo, LT, and AJ should be high return weekly.

- Might lose points from self when LT steals from Jackson, or vice versa, or AJ steals from Daniels, or vice versa. They won't compliment when they score.

- I love LT falling to you at 1.09, and you grabbing AJ around the corner. Romo was nice in the 6th.

- Need a steady #2 Rb to step up. Picks 4 and 5 should have nailed taht down witout a doubt.

TO is a real wildcard to this team taking a major step forward towards scary. If he produces #1 Wr #'s and you can pick the right #2 back weekly, you can be dangerous. It was a nice draft.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

robb - I am a big fan of this squad, and I don't think this team came easily. It was hard to pass up Portis at 1.10. It was equally hard to pass up on AJ at 2.03 for Calvin. Great depth everywhere except at TE, and I don't know what Keller will offer weekly. I feel you could have forgone Cotch at 6, and grabbed a stud TE, allowing Bennett to be your #4 WR. I make these points yet, wouldn't mind fielding this squad weekly. Great balanced QB, RB, and WR production should keep you competitive weekly.

4.03 Aaron Rodgers, QB GBP - You did a good job not allowing this early QB grab to hurt youand he will return your investment here.

12.03 Joe Flacco, QB BAL - No need burning capitol for a back up and he will be just fine.

1.10 Clinton Portis, RB WAS - Some saying about Gift Horse?????

5.10 Cedric Benson, RB CIN - Better team this year, and he proved himself last year. Fine RB#2

8.03 Rashard Mendenhall, RB PIT - didn't over spend for possibility

9.10 Ray Rice, RB BAL - Looks to be the top horse in that race in Baltimore, but he will lack TD's

2.03 Calvin Johnson, WR DET - Could be the monster many predict, or just a damn good WR#1

3.10 Brandon Marshall, WR DEN - Dude is a beast, and a burden. How will he produce with a middle of the road Qb?

6.03 Jerricho Cotchery, WR NYJ - Coles is gone, and I don't here about him as much as Clowney and Stuckey???

7.10 Donnie Avery, WR STL - This guy will give you your #2 Wr #'s

11.10 Earl Bennett, WR CHI - A valid Wr #3 this year from the 11th round!!! nice!

10.03 Dustin Keller, TE NYJ _ Weight of the world on his shoulders for you. Word in camp is he is the best receiver on the team though.

- Outside of the TE position, I see weekly consistency with some possible explosiveness at WR.

- I like Rodgers at 4.03 which is early, and Avery at 7.10!!!

- I didn't like Cotch at 6.

I don't know how you did this, but you put together a solid squad in a way that snuck up on me. Marshall and anything out of your 2 #3 Rb's is gravy, but you need Keller to kick A$$! Great work taking and early QB and surviving.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shane Falco - It worked out pretty slick for you to grab back to back backs in 1 and 2, and still be able to put together a solid receiving corp. You did all this grabbing a 5th round QB and a 7th round TE. You did more than cover your starters, you have nice depth.

5.11 Philip Rivers, QB SDC - You will get staedy production out of your #1 QB. I chose McNabb over him but it was not without trepidation.

10.02 Eli Manning, QB NYG - Nice late value and it didn't cost you depth elsewhere's.

1.11 DeAngelo Williams, RB CAR - I go back and forth on DeWill from a top 5 guy to a corner back. The team is solid so he should not have to shoulder too much of the burden

2.02 Steve Slaton, RB HOU - Same with Slaton. I can't commit on him but know he is a fine #2 RB for sure.

6.02 Derrick Ward, RB TBB - This is as goos of #3 Rb as can be found, and he does carry some upside. I feel he is superior to Graham and he was very productive last year

9.11 Leon Washington, RB NYJ - This is a sick #4 RB if you can get him in camp!

3.11 Braylon Edwards, WR CLE - Not a Braylon fan but he holds great potential as a #1 Wr late in the 3rd round.

4.02 Roy Williams, WR DAL - Same for Roy, but much like your #2 RB, Roy is surely #2 Wr material

8.02 Donald Driver, WR GBP - Driver is a major value every year, and he finally fell back a few rounds after climbing the last few years. Great #3 Wr

11.11 Hakeem Nicks, WR NYG - This pick wasn't necessary and a back up TE wouls have been nice

12.02 Devery Henderson, WR NO - 4,300 passing yards and you have a piece of it with a #4 Wr!!!

7.11 Chris Cooley, TE WAS - Steady TE production when they start going to him. Seems they have to relearn his value yearly.

- This is a nice squad built out of guys I wouldn't consider, but that does not make it a bad draft. On the contrary, I feel you did a great job building a balanced squad with possible explosiveness built in.

- I feel you stuck to your plan and were rewarded.

- I love Rivers in the 5th, ward in the 6th, and Cooley in the 7th. Those picks really solidified things.

- I wish you would have forgone the Nicks pick and taken another TE but that is simple depth preference.

I really like how this team is built, and find it odd how much I like the team even though I don't favor many of the individual pieces. This shows that there are many ways to skin a cat, and fantasy football is not an exact science at all! Great Squad!

Vikings4ever - A similar plan to many here it seems, with the emphasis on late value Qb's. One of the most balanced squads drafted and very strong in 3 positions. Had he sprang for the late 5th round first Qb instead of grabbing Johnson as his #3Rb there, this team would have been untouchable. Still probably my favorite team in the draft, as I feel Ryan can do enough in his second year to be a top 12 Qb.

7.12 Matt Ryan, QB ATL - Nice Value where taken. I don't know if i would be comfortable with him with bulger as the back-up.

11.12 Marc Bulger, QB STL - Thought you could have done better here

1.12 Chris Johnson, RB TEN - I forgot he tumbled this far.

2.01 Brian Westbrook, RB PHI - WOW! He will be there this year.

5.12 Larry Johnson, RB KCC - Great #3 RB. My statements above weren't anti LJ, more pro better QB

10.01 Laurence Maroney, RB NE - What could it hurt in the 10th as a #4?

3.12 Wes Welker, WR NEP - I could use him as a #1 Wr and not worry about it. With Brady back, I feel it translates to TD looks like he had in 07.

4.01 TJ Houshmanzadeh, WR SEA - Another 100 catch receiver!!!! These two are a great pair, and it sounds like Hass and Housh are already tight.

8.01 Kevin Walter, WR HOU - Great #3 Wr

9.01 Nate Burleson, WR SEA - He needs to find the field, then stay healthy

6.01 Tony Gonzalez, TE ATL - stud #'s and i love Qb/TE tandems

12.01 Tony Scheffler, TE DEN - nice 12th round backup, hurt substantially by the loss of Cutler

- Great balance leading to consistent scoring. Ryan is the key to this team shining.

- I loved the first and third corners. Thought the Gonzo grab in the 6th was great.

- Felt you could have done better than Bulger. Just a preference thing.

I like this team as well as any, It is a team built the way I like them. I only wish it had a better Qb since the Rb group was already established. The injury news might have caused the LJ grab. Nice Work!

Here are my thoughts by pick for my team.

1.09 LaDanian Tomlinson, RB SDC

Looked at Deangelo Williams and LT2 at this point. LT has Sproles pushing for a spot and age is creeping up on him, but that offense is still pretty solid.

2.04 Andre Johnson, WR HOU

In a league where we need 3 WR’s to start, this was a pretty easy pick. Fitz, Moss, and Megatron are gone and you could easily argue that AJ is as good as any of those players.

3.09 Terrell Owens, WR BUF

I did not like any of the RB’s that were available here and there were some good WR’s available. I had TO as being a little better than the next 5 WR’s that were picked immediately after TO, starting a mini WR run.

4.04 Reggie Bush, RB NOS

I am not a huge fan of Bush, although I believe that his cap number goes way up next season, so he is essentially playing for a new contract this year. He has a hard time staying on the field, which is a huge concern. If this were a PPR league, then I would feel great getting him at this point. I considered Lynch and Bush, with the deciding factor being Lynch’s pending suspension and the fact that many of these young guys just can’t stay out of trouble.

5.09 Willie Parker, RB PIT

In this case, the good WR’s were gone and there was some value at the RB3 position for me. I had hoped that TJ or Addai would continue to drop, but I had to decide between Benson and Parker. Ultimately, I like to choose the players that are playing on good teams because I feel that they are likely to play better and play even if they are hurt. Mendenhall will push Parker, but I don’t know that it will happen right away.

6.04 Tony Romo, QB, DAL

Seven QB’s are already off the board and I thought that there was a drop off after Romo based on what was left (next QB went at 7.12). I think that he still has some talent to throw to (Witten, Williams) and he will have a solid season.

7.09 Owen Daniels, TE HOU

The TE’s started going off the board. I was high on Cooley last season and was burned. Daniels became a pretty solid TE during the season and I thought that he would be a better pick than going with a WR3 here as I thought that one of my targeted WR’s would make it to 8.04. I was wrong.

8.04 Michael Crabtree, WR SFO

I had hoped that Avery or Driver would still be there for me at this spot. No such luck. I made a bit of a reach with the rookie, which would be fine in dynasty situation. I felt that I could compliment him with a veteran or two in round 9 in case something happens with that WR3 spot.

9.09 Chris Chambers, WR SD

I liked Ray Rice at this spot, but I felt that my needs were more at WR4 than RB4 given that we start 3 WR’s and we are only drafting across 12 rounds. I had Chambers rated higher than other veterans and I could not take another reach with Maclin or Harvin. Hixon was an option, but that situation in NY at the WR spot is a crapshoot. I went with the safe play.

10.04 LeRon McClain, RB BAL

Handcuffs are gone, so I wavered between Hightower and McClain on this one, and I am still not convinced that I made the right or wrong decision. I think that the RB situation in BAL is cloudy, but I still think that McClain is going to play a part on the goal-line. The reality is that we are talking about a depth position.

11.09 Chad Pennington, QB NYJ

Most of the good QB’s are gone and I need a backup. Pennington was the best of what was available. It was between him and Bulger and I could not bring myself to think that Bulger is going to bounce back.

12.04 Heath Miller, TE PIT

If we had more rounds, I would have gone with a young WR or a RB spot. Miller could easily be a TE1 for teams, so I was glad that he was available. Shockey was a consideration, but I was concerned about dehydration issues. :(

Clash of the Titans

8.12 Carson Palmer, QB CIN

9.01 Ben Roethlisberger, QB PIT

1.01 Adrian Peterson, RB MIN

2.12 Ronnie Brown, RB MIA

6.12 Jamal Lewis, RB CLE

10.12 Ahmad Bradshaw, RB NYG

3.01 Anquan Boldin, WR ARI

4.12 Santonio Holmes, WR PIT

5.01 Eddie Royal, WR DEN

7.01 Torry Holt, WR JAX

11.01 Plaxico Burress, WR FA

12.12 Jeremy Shockey, TE NO

I've got mixed feelings about Clash's team. Neither QB is a sure thing from a fantasy standpoint, so the other positions need to be solid. And, for the most part, they are. The RB duo of Peterson and Brown is very good, but I don't care a whole for the depth Clash drafted at the position. The wide receivers are a solid group, but not spectacular. A lot of what one sees when he looks at this group depends upon one's feelings for Anquan Boldin. I think Boldin is a risky #1, although less risky than my #1 choice at WR, so it's all relative. All in all, there are too many players here I don't feel good about, but I think the RB duo (if they stay healthy) would probably make and keep this team a contender. I know some are down on the Holmes hype, but I like him this year quite a bit, so he's the perfect #2 WR to have in my mind.

remote controller

5.02 Donovan McNabb, QB PHI

11.02 Jake Delhomme, QB CAR

1.02 Matt Forte, RB CHI

4.11 Darren McFadden, RB OAK

8.11 Felix Jones, RB DAL

9.02 Darren Sproles, RB SD

2.11 Greg Jennings, WR GBP

3.02 Roddy White, WR ATL

6.11 Santana Moss, WR WAS

10.11 Dominic Hixon, WR NYG

7.02 Greg Olsen, TE CHI

12.11 Brent Celek, TE PHI

There are several things I like about this team. First, I think in a 3-WR setup, getting two guys at the turn like Jennings and White makes a lot of sense. Second, I love the Olsen pick. I could see he and Cutler really having a very good first season together. McNabb is going to be solid. Their O-line is really good and I think he'll have a terrific year. So, this is a good team. Whether or not they're a great team depends very heavily upon Darren McFadden and/or Felix Jones. There's not a proven player there to anchor down the running game, so one of those two guys would need to rise up in order for the team to take full shape. If McFadden doesn't improve upon last season, the burden falls upon one of the other players to pick up the slack. If, however, he does improve and becomes a force week in and week out...this is probably one of the best teams from my perspective.

Da Bomb

3.03 Peyton Manning, QB IND

12.10 Brett Favre, QB FA

1.03 Maurice Jones-Drew, RB JAX

2.10 Marion Barber III, RB DAL

9.03 Willis McGahee, RB BAL

10.10 Chester Taylor, RB MIN

4.10 Chad Ochocinco, WR CIN

6.10 Lee Evans, WR BUF

7.03 Anthony Gonzalez, WR IND

8.10 Steve Breaston, WR ARI

11.03 Chris Henry, WR, CIN

5.03 Antonio Gates, TE SDC

This is my kind of team. I love the value placed upon a reliable week-in, week-out RB duo and a top notch QB. Wide receivers, from my perspective, can be found in later rounds and you can play them effectively based on matchups if you can acquire enough depth. I think Da Bomb's depth at WR is solid. And, he got a top tight end to boot. This is one of the teams most pleasing to my eye. I would be very comfortable in the 12-team league entering the season with this group to begin with.

Ace08

8.09 Matt Schaub, QB HOU

10.09 Trent Edwards, QB BUF

2.09 Brandon Jacobs, RB NYG

4.09 Pierre Thomas, RB NOS

7.04 Lendale White, RB TEN

9.04 LeSean McCoy, RB PHI

1.04 Larry Fitzgerald, WR ARI

3.04 Marques Colston, WR NOS

5.04 DeSean Jackson, WR PHI

11.04 Percy Harvin, WR MIN

12.09 Deion Branch, WR SEA

6.09 Kellen Winslow, TE TBB

This isn't one of my favorite teams, but there are some things I like. For example, I thought Brandon Jacobs and DeSean Jackson were both picked at points in which the value fell off at those positions after them. As such, I think Ace was able to take advantage of his draft position in both instances and acquire quality players. In truth, Ace has the best starting WRs in this draft...I just don't know if he has the QB and #2 RB to get him over the top. And, I'm not high on Kellen Winslow even though I understand Ace's reasons for taking him. This is a WR-dependent team; that's not my cup of tea, but there are plenty of ways to succeed in FF and this team could succeed as is. Can a very, very good WR trio carry a team, though? It's an interesting question.

Jetdoc

5.05 Kurt Warner, QB ARI

10.08 David Garrard, QB JAX

1.05 Michael Turner, RB ATL

4.08 Knowshon Moreno, RB DEN

6.08 Jonathan Stewart, RB CAR

9.05 Jerious Norwood, RB ATL

2.08 Steve Smith, WR CAR

3.05 Dwayne Bowe, WR KCC

7.05 Lance Moore, WR NOS

8.08 Derrick Mason, WR BAL

12.08 Isaac Bruce, WR SFO

11.05 Zach Miller, TE OAK

This team is middle-of-the-pack for me. Warner is a high-risk, high-reward kind of choice at QB. I thought Turner was a steal at #5 in a non-PPR league, so I love that pick. If DeAngelo Williams were to get hurt, this team would be huge with Turner and Stewart anchoring the running game...not to mention the talented Moreno in the wings. I'm not crazy about Dwayne Bowe this year and Lance Moore is hurting...plus the depth at WR has no upside. All in all, I think finding a steady contributor at the #2 RB spot is the key to this team's success...and keeping Warner healthy. Otherwise, the burden upon Turner and Smith to carry the team is fairly significant.

Fumbleweed

2.07 Drew Brees, QB NOS

11.06 Matt Cassel, QB KC

1.06 Steven Jackson, RB STL

3.06 Ryan Grant, RB GBP

5.06 Chris Wells, RB ARI

10.07 Earnest Graham, RB TB

4.07 Antonio Bryant, WR TBB

6.07 Bernard Berrian, WR MIN

7.06 Hines Ward, WR PIT

8.07 Ted Ginn Jr, WR MIA

12.07 Miles Austin, WR Dal

9.06 John Carlson, TE SEA

With the exception of not landing some of the WRs or the tight end I would have liked, this is my kind of team. A top-notch field general in Brees, a stud RB (although whether or not Jackson is that is certainly debatable), a solid #2 RB, a high-upside young #3 RB, and a bunch of wide receivers that can be utilized from week to week based upon matchups. Bryant was not a guy that I wanted to hang my hat on, but a couple of huge WR runs forced me into that. Fortunately, I am very high on Berrian and feel that somewhere between Ginn, Ward, and Austin, additional points can come. This roster is a little top-heavy, but I'll take it. It's the kind of team I shoot for in any format.

Fantasy King

8.06 Jay Cutler, QB CHI

11.07 Kyle Orton, QB DEN

1.07 Frank Gore, RB SFO

4.06 Marshawn Lynch, RB BUF

5.07 Joseph Addai, RB IND

6.06 Donald Brown, RB IND

9.07 Fred Jackson, RB BUF

2.06 Reggie Wayne, WR IND

7.07 Laverneous Coles, WR CIN

10.06 Jeremy Maclin, WR PHI

12.06 Mark Clayton, WR BAL

3.07 Jason Witten, TE DAL

Covering Lynch with Jackson was just plain smart. This RB group is deep and well-handcuffed and I think that's a great foundation to build upon. The QB situation is fair (interesting irony with Cutler and Orton on the same team). My main problem with this team is at WR, where I think you've got Wayne and then three other guys who won't put up numbers this year worthy of making them fantasy starters. Part of the reason for that is the choice to take Witten so early. Having the top TE is nice, but is it worth some of the missed opportunities to get more reliable pieces of the puzzle? Bottom line, though, is if Lynch comes back strong and progresses in his development, you've got two bonafide studs at RB to go with a top tier TE and WR. That should be enough to be dangerous and competitive all season long.

JScott

2.05 Tom Brady, QB NEP

9.08 Matt Hasselbeck, QB SEA

3.08 Kevin Smith, RB DET

5.08 Thomas Jones, RB NYJ

7.08 Julius Jones, RB SEA

10.05 Tim Hightower, RB ARI

1.08 Randy Moss, WR NEP

4.05 Vincent Jackson, WR SDC

8.05 Devin Hester, WR CHI

12.05 Kevin Curtis, WR PHI

6.05 Dallas Clark, TE IND

11.08 Vernon Davis, TE, SF

Ah, the all-eggs in one basket team. If Brady-Moss of '07 re-emerge, this teams shoots straight to or very near the top. But, if both post modest numbers, who's going to pick up the slack? The starting RB of the Detroit Lions? A converted cornerback who's still learning how to play wide receiver? Outside of Brady and Moss, there are no fantasy superstars on this team and so a collapse is possible if things don't go just right. QB-WR combos on the same NFL team to begin a draft aren't my cup of tea, but kudos to JScott for giving us all a look at what a Brady-Moss team would look like for each of us. Interesting stuff.

Patriotsfatboy1

6.04 Tony Romo, QB DAL

4.04 Reggie Bush, RB NOS

This is a pretty solid team from my perspective. Romo will be an average starter. Owen Daniels is an average starting TE. Tomlinson is an average #1 fantasy RB. Where I think this team may get above average points is at WR. I thought Andre Johnson fell too far, giving PFB a steal in the second round. Owens and Crabtree have high upsides and together with Johnson, those three could cause some matchup problems for people on a week-in, week-out basis. I'm not a big fan of Reggie Bush in a non-PPR format like this, so Willie Parker better not disappear in Pittsburgh. Like a lot of these teams, I think PFB is one obstacle (solving the #2 RB problem) away from serious contention. If Bush or Parker gives him what he needs there, this team could easily be top 3-5.

robb

4.03 Aaron Rodgers, QB GBP

12.03 Joe Flacco, QB BAL

1.10 Clinton Portis, RB WAS

5.10 Cedric Benson, RB CIN

8.03 Rashard Mendenhall, RB PIT

9.10 Ray Rice, RB BAL

2.03 Calvin Johnson, WR DET

3.10 Brandon Marshall, WR DEN

6.03 Jerricho Cotchery, WR NYJ

7.10 Donnie Avery, WR STL

11.10 Earl Bennett, WR CHI

10.03 Dustin Keller, TE NYJ

Another WR-based team...not my thing, but in a league that starts 3 wideouts, I get it. Johnson and Marshall have so much upside and they could be a load for other teams to try to match up with. The selection of Portis was about right ADP-wise, but I'm not a big Portis fan this year, nor am I a Benson believer, so I would be scared to death to enter the season with this RB group. Can't fault the depth at WR, though. Again, if you like teams with a great WR trio and solid WR depth, this is your kind of team. Many perspectives make up the fantasy landscape.

Shane Falco

5.11 Philip Rivers, QB SDC

10.02 Eli Manning, QB NYG

1.11 DeAngelo Williams, RB CAR

2.02 Steve Slaton, RB HOU

6.02 Derrick Ward, RB TBB

9.11 Leon Washington, RB NYJ

3.11 Braylon Edwards, WR CLE

4.02 Roy Williams, WR DAL

8.02 Donald Driver, WR GBP

11.11 Hakeem Nicks, WR NYG

12.02 Devery Henderson, WR NO

7.11 Chris Cooley, TE WAS

This team has the potential to be the best team in the league, hands-down, from my perspective. The running game is in great hands, Rivers is a star on the rise, and the depth at all positions looks really good to me. Two things keep my cautious on this team...One: Can Braylon Edwards bounce back and jusitfy his choice as the team's top WR...and Two: Which Roy Williams is going to show up. There probably aren't two WRs out there with more question marks than these two and while I don't value WRs like some people do, I do value somewhat reliable WRs. These two are not that. Like I said, I love everything else about this team. Give me a different WR to head that group and I'd trade my team for this one.

Vikings4ever

7.12 Matt Ryan, QB ATL

11.12 Marc Bulger, QB STL

1.12 Chris Johnson, RB TEN

2.01 Brian Westbrook, RB PHI

5.12 Larry Johnson, RB KCC

10.01 Laurence Maroney, RB NE

3.12 Wes Welker, WR NEP

4.01 TJ Houshmanzadeh, WR SEA

8.01 Kevin Walter, WR HOU

9.01 Nate Burleson, WR SEA

6.01 Tony Gonzalez, TE ATL

12.01 Tony Scheffler, TE DEN

Another team I consider to be middle-of-the road. Some of that perspective might be tainted a bit by the fact that the news surrounding Brian Westbrook isn't as favorable as it was a week and a half ago. The QB duo here doesn't do a lot for me, but below average starting QBs don't matter too much when the other talent is there. The WR group is average...obviously, Gonzo is an above-average tight end. In the end, I think a healthy Westbrook would be essential for this team to compete with the other teams that were drafted. It's too early to say whether or not he will be healthy, so judgment of this group should probably be suspended for the time being.

Another team I consider to be middle-of-the road. Some of that perspective might be tainted a bit by the fact that the news surrounding Brian Westbrook isn't as favorable as it was a week and a half ago. The QB duo here doesn't do a lot for me, but below average starting QBs don't matter too much when the other talent is there. The WR group is average...obviously, Gonzo is an above-average tight end. In the end, I think a healthy Westbrook would be essential for this team to compete with the other teams that were drafted. It's too early to say whether or not he will be healthy, so judgment of this group should probably be suspended for the time being.

I have to agree. With a fully healthy Westy, I really like my team. Westbrook and Johnson have the potential to be an insane combo this year. But with his present condition, not so much.

If I had to do the draft over again, I'd take Chris/Andre Johnson at the first turn, then Welker and Marshawn Lynch at 3/4.

Clash of the Titans

6.12 Jamal Lewis, RB CLE

5.01 Eddie Royal, WR DEN

7.01 Torry Holt, WR JAX

There's a lot to like about Clash's Team. I think the QB value is great here. For the 8/9 turn, Palmer and Big Ben are a solid tandem. I know Palmer's had a few down years, but I think he's one of the most talented QBs in the league. If the line holds up, he will bounce back. Big Ben seems to get better each year, and the Steelers have utilized him more. The RBs are obviously solid with AP and Ronnie. I'm not sure about the Jamal pick, but Bradshaw could get more time with Ward gone and Jacobs perchance for injury. I've always been a Boldin fan, and I think he's as good as Fitz, just in a different way. He's better after the catch and running in traffic. Santonio and Royal I'm not sold on, and I think I would have taken different WRs. Its just a matter of taste I suppose. If the WRs play up to their ADP, this team will be solid.

remote controller

1.02 Matt Forte, RB CHI

8.11 Felix Jones, RB DAL

3.02 Roddy White, WR ATL

7.02 Greg Olsen, TE CHI

I like RCs strategy. It always seems like there are a ton of younger RBs in the lower rounds that bust out and become studs. RC took a calculated gamble, banking on one of McFadden, Jones, and Sproles to break out. I like his chances. As a WMU alum, I love Greg Jennings, but the rest of the WR is a little bland for my tastes. I personally am not high on Roddy White, as I'm wary of high large jump in the WR rankings from last year, as well as Ryan's possible sophomore slump. McNabb will be solid, and Delhomme is usually undervalued. I view this team as just below the top teams, but if one of his later round RBs break out, watch out for RC.

Da Bomb

12.10 Brett Favre, QB FA

6.10 Lee Evans, WR BUF

This might be my favorite team. MJD, Barber, and Peyton is about a solid of a first three picks as you can get. Add in McGahee and Taylor and this RB corps is solid. Because you went RB/RB/QB, you would expect the WR corps to suffer, but I like what you've done here Bomb. Chad and Evans could reasonably produce enough to hold their weight, and Gonzalez is a sneaky pick in the 7th. Gates is obviously one of the top TEs in the game. Nice work, Bomb.

Ace08

8.09 Matt Schaub, QB HOU

Jetdoc

5.05 Kurt Warner, QB ARI

2.08 Steve Smith, WR CAR

3.05 Dwayne Bowe, WR KCC

7.05 Lance Moore, WR NOS

Fumbleweed

2.07 Drew Brees, QB NOS

11.06 Matt Cassel, QB KC

3.06 Ryan Grant, RB GBP

5.06 Chris Wells, RB ARI

7.06 Hines Ward, WR PIT

8.07 Ted Ginn Jr, WR MIA

Fantasy King

8.06 Jay Cutler, QB CHI

11.07 Kyle Orton, QB DEN

1.07 Frank Gore, RB SFO

JScott

2.05 Tom Brady, QB NEP

3.08 Kevin Smith, RB DET

1.08 Randy Moss, WR NEP

Patriotsfatboy1

6.04 Tony Romo, QB DAL

4.04 Reggie Bush, RB NOS

robb

12.03 Joe Flacco, QB BAL

9.10 Ray Rice, RB BAL

Shane Falco

Vikings4ever

7.12 Matt Ryan, QB ATL

3.12 Wes Welker, WR NEP

Patriotsfatboy1

6.04 Tony Romo, QB DAL

4.04 Reggie Bush, RB NOS

This is a pretty solid team from my perspective. Romo will be an average starter. Owen Daniels is an average starting TE. Tomlinson is an average #1 fantasy RB. Where I think this team may get above average points is at WR. I thought Andre Johnson fell too far, giving PFB a steal in the second round. Owens and Crabtree have high upsides and together with Johnson, those three could cause some matchup problems for people on a week-in, week-out basis. I'm not a big fan of Reggie Bush in a non-PPR format like this, so Willie Parker better not disappear in Pittsburgh. Like a lot of these teams, I think PFB is one obstacle (solving the #2 RB problem) away from serious contention. If Bush or Parker gives him what he needs there, this team could easily be top 3-5.

Good feedback across the board. From what I have seen, each team has question marks with a few reaches. My team, like many of those that I draft, is "safe". I try to build depth early and go with a team that will make the playoffs and then we will see what happens with some reaches and injuries. It seems like my M.O. lately and something that I need to break away from a little.

I do think that this season's drafts are going to be very interesting. A lot of RBBC and player movement makes this season a very interesting one in redrafts. It seems like the first round is going to be shaken up a little (not just RB's) and there will be a lot of WR's taken in rounds 2-3 making many teams go away from the traditional RB-RB approach. That is where doing your homework will really come into play because those slots that you traditionally had in the first 2 rounds are going to be gone.

Clash of the Titans

6.12 Jamal Lewis, RB CLE

5.01 Eddie Royal, WR DEN

7.01 Torry Holt, WR JAX

I very much liked what you did with this team the way it turned out. Honestly I thought you waited too long when you skipped QB at 7.1, but I can't believe the combo you ended up with at the 8/9 turn. Legitimately I think I'd be just as happy with those two as I am with Peyton. I liked the Lewis pick a lot, very solid RB3 type. You know I don't like Ronnie Brown at all, or I'd love the RB group. Bradshaw was a fantastic find late in the draft, and so was Plax. Broke my heart with those two picks. I like what you did at WR with the 3/4/5 set, just didn't care for those guys in particular. I think the one thing I definitely would've changed was using that 7th round pick on a better TE or QB. You are gonna be scraping by at TE probably, and Holt is sort of overkill when you have 3 of the top 49 players as starting WRs. I can't justify taking a WR4 that early in any draft. Overall, like the team a lot.

remote controller

1.02 Matt Forte, RB CHI

8.11 Felix Jones, RB DAL

3.02 Roddy White, WR ATL

7.02 Greg Olsen, TE CHI

I really like the look of how this team turned out, even if I wasn't always a fan of how you got here. I won't be the one taking Forte at 2, but that's me. And we've talked about the McNabb pick quite a bit already. Fact is you were going to see a big drop at QB, you knew it, and you made the pick you had to. If the pick said Warner or Romo instead, I wouldn't have disliked it so much I suppose. I like the Jennings/White combo, and I like Olsen at TE even if you took him before a couple guys I'd have taken as safer bets. It's a very young team with all sorts of upside, so long as McNabb and Delhomme don't repeat last year's awful performances. The RB2 would worry me a little. I'm not normally a big cuff guy, but without a real RB3, I think getting Mike Bush was important here. Loved the late Sproles pick (would've been my pick otherwise), and ditto with Hixon. Very nice overall.

Da Bomb

12.10 Brett Favre, QB FA

6.10 Lee Evans, WR BUF

A lot of times in mocks like this, I end up fairly unhappy with my result. Not so with this one. I actually love the team and wouldn't trade it for any of the others (shocking I'm sure). I was very happy with my RB pair to start and then decided to roll the dice by taking Peyton early, a strategy I don't try much. I still saw QBs later I'd have been happy with but think it worked out well based on the guys I got later. Throughout the draft at least half the picks I felt like I *had* to have Player X before a big drop off hurt my team... but I always got Mr. X and it just worked out this time. I can't see myself taking a stud QB and stud TE in the top 5 rounds normally, but it worked out here. The WRs obviously are the weak spot, but I feel I have two strong WR2s and two strong WR3s, and then all four of them have a shot at big upside if they hit. This is a team I could definitely go to war with. Noted that I'd be looking to pickup Tashard Choice and would've taken him at 12.10 if the draft was longer, as he is the cuff I want with MB3 (not Felix).

Ace08

8.09 Matt Schaub, QB HOU

I can tell you and I must just be polar opposites as far as players we like and target. Not much more I can say than that other than you have a roster full of guys who won't be on most of my teams this year. I still disagree strongly with Fitz at 1.4, and I don't like Colston at 3.4 off the knee surgery either. You ended up doing well to go RB where you did and have a pretty solid trio there, just again guys I don't like a lot. I think the DeSean pick in the 5th is a pretty solid gamble for your team, and I can't fault the Winslow pick where you got him. I think my favorite pick was Edwards in the 10th and I wouldnt be surprised to see him start over Schaub by midseason. Not a team I'd end up with, but can't fault the strategy, just not guys I like a lot on the whole.

Jetdoc

5.05 Kurt Warner, QB ARI

2.08 Steve Smith, WR CAR

3.05 Dwayne Bowe, WR KCC

7.05 Lance Moore, WR NOS

I really like this team a good deal all around, especially all things considered. I honestly don't see a big weakness or a pick I would do a lot different. I'm not a huge Bowe fan that early, but I love his talent. Really like the RB2/RB3 combo, a whole ton of upside there between the two. I'm a huge Moreno supporter. Lance Moore was probably my favorite pick of your draft, and I still wonder if I'd have rather had him than A-Gonz. Warner/Garrard is a very solid QB duo and you didn't even have to invest much. Mason is a perfect reliable WR4. Very strong team across the boards and one I like a lot.

Fumbleweed

2.07 Drew Brees, QB NOS

11.06 Matt Cassel, QB KC

3.06 Ryan Grant, RB GBP

5.06 Chris Wells, RB ARI

7.06 Hines Ward, WR PIT

8.07 Ted Ginn Jr, WR MIA

A team that looks a lot like one we have all come to expect from you. I knew you'd end up taking a QB in the second, and Brees is a pretty solid value compared to ADP there. I am scared of SJax because he's burned me so many times, but he's definitely the pick there. Love the way the RBs ended up, good mix of upside and reliability. Grant is my favorite pick in the draft I think, just a good solid RB2 there to follow the Brees investment. The WRs leave me feeling a little weak, but that is because I have zero confidence in Bryant to repeat last year. If he does, this will be a very tough team. If he doesn't, you could be left with a lot of borderline WR2/3 types. Berrian was a good pickup there, and Ginn was another pick I liked a lot. Very solid team all around that is similar to mine except that you went with Wells where I took Gates. As with my team, a lot may hinge on that first WR selected performing up to par, and if he does, very tough team to beat.

Fantasy King

8.06 Jay Cutler, QB CHI

11.07 Kyle Orton, QB DEN

1.07 Frank Gore, RB SFO

Haha, love that you have both Cutler and Orton just because it's funny to me. The thing that jumps out to me looking at this roster is that you way overinvested at RB with four of your first six picks spent there and still leaving me feeling good but not great there. I have no problem taking Gore, Lynch, and a Colt back, but I'm not sure you could afford to take both... especially when you already used another early pick on Witten. That is a valid pick but it handcuffs your early picks some, and I don't think you carried it out that way. It ended up leaving you weak-ish at QB and extremely weak at WR with a bad WR2 and awful WR3. Sorry don't mean to be harsh, just don't like the way it played out with the early TE and heavy RB investment. I think you'd almost be forced to deal away Witten or Lynch right away for help at WR, in which case WR should maybe have been the pick in the first place. I dunno. Probably my least favorite team just the way it came together. Sorry.

JScott

2.05 Tom Brady, QB NEP

3.08 Kevin Smith, RB DET

1.08 Randy Moss, WR NEP

You invested pretty much completely in the Brady/Moss connection, and this team looks like an all or nothing to me based on that. You made three nice value picks to get a bunch of Smith and Joneses, boring but solid RB types that should give you three RB2 guys that you can rotate and end up getting solid production. Really don't like the WRs at all after Moss. Not ready yet to buy VJax that high, and I see nothing I can rely on after that. This is a team I don't like much overall, but I think it is because I don't like VJax or Clark, and I'm not ready to bank a whole season on Brady/Moss repeating two years ago. Favorite part about the team is definitely how you ended up using only a 3/5/7 and still getting a very viable RB trio.

Patriotsfatboy1

6.04 Tony Romo, QB DAL

4.04 Reggie Bush, RB NOS

I like this team quite a bit across the board. Romo was a fantastic value where you got him, and so was FWP. So too was Daniels. Lots of good solid point scorers on that team. I'm not a big fan of Bush (har har), so that was probably my least favorite pick, and I would be terrified at my WR3 with this team but I suppose that's just because i have no confidence in Crab or Chambers. Pretty strong all around team though and all sorts of upside with guys like Romo, LT, Bush, AJ, and TO. Definitely not a team I'd look forward to playing ever. Could destroy anyone any given week.

robb

12.03 Joe Flacco, QB BAL

9.10 Ray Rice, RB BAL

Not a team I care much for. Lots of guys that are not much on my radar and picks that were made too early for me. Portis/Benson reeks of danger and downside to me, and there is no RB3 to speak of yet, though I like the late Rice snag. Love Megatron, but he leads a group of WRs that really are the teams only strength. They're good, but not sure they're enough to carry this team to wins each week. IMO other than WR, you are going to be basically equal to or below most teams at other positions. Obviously you would disagree most strongly at QB, where Rodgers is someone you are relying pretty heavily on with such an early investment. I still think you could've gotten someone equal (or better, for me) at 5.10. Your WRs look good as it is, but WR-WR-WR at 2-3-4 would've left a sick trio. I loved the late WR pickups. Avery and Bennett great upside guys. I think you waited a long time at TE and could be scrambling if Keller comes out of the gates slow since you don't really have trade assets outside of Cotchery. Maybe I don't like the players, just not a team I would fear playing out of the gates.

Shane Falco

There are too many all or nothing picks on this team for me. Lots of guys who look boom or bust, which means that a couple of them probably hit but another handful miss and leave the team with some big holes. I like the RB trio, and I liked the late Leon pickup as well so you are pretty set there, but not a fan of the WR group at all. Braylon and Roy have all the talent in the world but have no consistency, and I don't see a lot of depth there that can step in if and when Bray or Roy get hurt or suck. Rivers was a good value where you got him, not sure if I believe in him yet but that's personal preference. My favorite picks were Cooley and Leon. Cooley is criminally underrated every year. I also really liked the DeAngelo pickup where you got him. Can't hope for much better at 1.11/2.02 than what you got. I'm in another mock right now and those guys went 5th (Slaton!) and 7th overall.

Vikings4ever

7.12 Matt Ryan, QB ATL

3.12 Wes Welker, WR NEP

Trying to evaluate this team without taking the Westy injury into consideration... It's an average team for me. No real soft spot, but not a lot of upside. The team lacks a potential standout WR1, both Welker and Housh feeling like excellent WR2 types. I get the same feeling with Westy and Johnson, though the #12 pick will do that. Lots of solid picks across the board. Feels like a team that would perform well at its peaks, but there are a lot of guys who have to be at their best to meet their pick value and make this team a top contender. My favorite picks were LJ and Maroney. Actually with this team's makeup after using the two early RB picks, I'm not a fan of using a pick there on RB because of how it cost you a stud QB or good WR3, but I like the value and the Westy injury forced your hand. Love the Maroney upside pick. Good work all around.

Da Bomb

12.10 Brett Favre, QB FA

6.10 Lee Evans, WR BUF

A lot of times in mocks like this, I end up fairly unhappy with my result. Not so with this one. I actually love the team and wouldn't trade it for any of the others (shocking I'm sure). I was very happy with my RB pair to start and then decided to roll the dice by taking Peyton early, a strategy I don't try much. I still saw QBs later I'd have been happy with but think it worked out well based on the guys I got later. Throughout the draft at least half the picks I felt like I *had* to have Player X before a big drop off hurt my team... but I always got Mr. X and it just worked out this time. I can't see myself taking a stud QB and stud TE in the top 5 rounds normally, but it worked out here. The WRs obviously are the weak spot, but I feel I have two strong WR2s and two strong WR3s, and then all four of them have a shot at big upside if they hit. This is a team I could definitely go to war with. Noted that I'd be looking to pickup Tashard Choice and would've taken him at 12.10 if the draft was longer, as he is the cuff I want with MB3 (not Felix).

Ace08

8.09 Matt Schaub, QB HOU

I can tell you and I must just be polar opposites as far as players we like and target. Not much more I can say than that other than you have a roster full of guys who won't be on most of my teams this year. I still disagree strongly with Fitz at 1.4, and I don't like Colston at 3.4 off the knee surgery either. You ended up doing well to go RB where you did and have a pretty solid trio there, just again guys I don't like a lot. I think the DeSean pick in the 5th is a pretty solid gamble for your team, and I can't fault the Winslow pick where you got him. I think my favorite pick was Edwards in the 10th and I wouldnt be surprised to see him start over Schaub by midseason. Not a team I'd end up with, but can't fault the strategy, just not guys I like a lot on the whole.

Once again...no offense but I feel exactly the same way about your squad. I wouldn't draft Marion Barber period this year and McGahee is an absolute WASTE of a pick since Ray Rice is definitely going to be the man in Balt this year. I'm not a fan of Gates this year either and feel you really missed on out talent at other positions (WR) by having to take him where you took him. I would not feel comfortable going to war with your WR's and I feel that lineup will REALLY put you at a disadvantage in a head to head format. Your best WR will probably end up being Gonzales or Henry who you take as your #3 and #5 respectively. As I said...to each his own but one things is for sure...most of the guys you drafted won't be anywhere near my squads this year. I also don't see the justification in taking a guy like Manning in this format who may be steady....but probably isn't going to present enough incremental value from someone like a McNabb, Schaub, or Romo to warrant so high of a pick. That pick plus the Gates and Barber pick really crippled your team IMO.

As for my team....I think I did about as well as I could have hoped from the #4 spot. I'm simply not taking Turner in any of my leagues this year because you're basically attempt to buck history by ignoring the 370+ carries he had last year. The remainder of the RB's taken between my first and second round pick are not significantly better than Brandon Jacobs...who I feel is perfect for this format and who I was able to get in the second round. Meanwhile Fitz represents A NICE INCREMENTAL GAP in what I would have gotten as a WR1 in the second round. I don't regret taking Fitz at #4 and looking back I would do it again since I feel it's more than justified. With the WR corp I have I will be able to compete easily on a week to week basis if this was a real league given the fact I think both of my starting RB's (and Lendale also for that matter) are a virtual lock for 10+ TD's. I'm higher on Schaub and Winslow than most but like I've said before...I think both of those guys finish in the top 5 at their respective positions this year. If you look at the other June mock going on right now BOTH Jacobs and Fitz were taken in the first round...so like I've already said I think I really did the right thing with my first 2 picks.