Sign in to follow this  
WoodDuck2003

Dynasty Trade Help

Ten team league, non ppr, all TDs 6pts, and all other scoring is standard. We start 1QB/2RB/3WR/1Flex/1K.

My current roster:

QB

T.Romo/K.Warner/J.Delhomme/J.Freeman®

RB

M.Turner/MJD/J.Addai/F.Jackson/A.Bradshaw/B.Jackson/B.Green-Ellis/D.Brown®/R.Jennings®/S.Bernard®/D.Moore®

WR

AJ/Ca.Johnson/B.Marshall/TJ Housh/K.Walter

K

M.Bryant

One of the teams in our league has 4 first rd picks next year and wants Turner. He has T.Jones and Fred Taylor. Two of the first rd picks are going to be early b/c the teams the picks came from are not very good. Would T.Jones/F.Taylor/2 first rd picks be worth Turner. T.Jones and Taylor could help me this season then I would have 3 first rd picks next year to continue to add young talent?

I also need one more WR. Could I package Warner/Leinart/TJ to grab an upgrade at WR and a young QB for the future? Any thoughts?

Ten team league, non ppr, all TDs 6pts, and all other scoring is standard. We start 1QB/2RB/3WR/1Flex/1K.

My current roster:

QB

T.Romo/K.Warner/J.Delhomme/J.Freeman®

RB

M.Turner/MJD/J.Addai/F.Jackson/A.Bradshaw/B.Jackson/B.Green-Ellis/D.Brown®/R.Jennings®/S.Bernard®/D.Moore®

WR

AJ/Ca.Johnson/B.Marshall/TJ Housh/K.Walter

K

M.Bryant

One of the teams in our league has 4 first rd picks next year and wants Turner. He has T.Jones and Fred Taylor. Two of the first rd picks are going to be early b/c the teams the picks came from are not very good. Would T.Jones/F.Taylor/2 first rd picks be worth Turner. T.Jones and Taylor could help me this season then I would have 3 first rd picks next year to continue to add young talent?

I also need one more WR. Could I package Warner/Leinart/TJ to grab an upgrade at WR and a young QB for the future? Any thoughts?

Personally, I wouldnt trade Turner if I were you. Addai isnt guaranteed to keep his starting Job in Indy, and you would be thin at the position if you gave him up. also F. Taylor is likely done. If he plays, his best hope is to share the starting role with someone in an offense that is not as good as the one he was in (New Orleans). My bet is that he wont be startable even as a flex or a bye week replacement. T Jones is getting on in age, and likely has only one more good year left. (maybe 2) so basically you are trading Turner for a RB2 with one or two years left in his career and 2 first round picks straight up.

not good value in my opinion.

I wouldnt even give him a counter offer on this. Just say you are not interested. If he really wants Turner he can give you a serious offer.

Thanks for the input and I am sure that will be the consensus. As for Addai I have D.Brown so not too concerned about that.

I must have missed him when looking at your lineup Okay, I guess your situation is a bit better than I initially said. you've got a starter on Indy regardless of who it is. (hopefully it's not a shared starting role for too long)

You still may need another RB next year but I guess you can evaluate that issue at the end of this season.

Well you bring up some good points but Turner's value will never be higher and if I could get a couple of RBs that could still help me win the title this year (T.Jones/F.Taylor to go with MJD/Addai/Brown) and have three first rd picks next year (two of which will be high and possibly the #1 overall). Not sure it is worth it but certainly a possibility. Not very likely that he will repeat last years stats with the tough schedule.

Like I said not sure he would even give up all of that for Turner but worth looking into.

I wouldn't move him. I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself in terms of planning for the future, and it seems like a trade for the sake of making a trade. Turner is a superstar young back who only has 600some carries on him, and I don't see any reason to trade him, particularly not for unproven draft picks next year and two RBs who might already be washed up. I really don't think you need another WR--you somehow have AJ and CJ, along with another young talent in Marshall and reliable backups in Housh and Walter. Your starting lineup for this season is going to feature 4 of the top 15 players off redraft boards, and those 4 guys will be 28, a very young 27, 24, and 23 at the start of the season. In a dynasty league, even a 10-teamer, that's a core you might not need to touch at all for the next 3-4 years.

All good points I just want to make sure I don't get so wrapped up in now and have to pay in a few years. Thanks for the input and I think I will just enjoy this year. I think all the talk about how tough Turner's schedule is has me worried.

I would sell turner while the selling is good. Try to sell him for a couple guys in the 3rd-5th round range.