Cuse9's Help Thread

What do you think of my team? Standard scoring, non PPR, 12 team draft

QB - Palmer, Jason Campbell

RB - Deangelo Williams, Ryan Grant, Addai, Ray Rice

WR - Randy Moss, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Dominik Hixon, Donnie Avery

TE - Winslow, Dustin Keller

K - Who cares

D - Packers

Ok lol, one last variation. What if it's Bowe instead of Welker?

I think Pierre is in a great position to become a great fantasy back this year. I have no concerns over Mike Bell taking any carries. We know the type of offense that NO runs and a RB in that offense is in line for plenty of yards and TD's. Moss is going into another year of Zorn's offense. The offense is a very nice fit for Moss. The Skins just have to get the offense down and he should become a very respectable WR2.

In getting LJ, you really don't know what you're going to get. Is he going to be the feature? Will he split with Charles? Will KC turn into a running team? Too many questions. If you're going to give up two quality players you have to get two in return. Bowe, Welker and Housh are all good wr's and are considered better than Moss, but it's LJ that kills the deal for me.

What do you think of my team? Standard scoring, non PPR, 12 team draft

QB - Palmer, Jason Campbell

RB - Deangelo Williams, Ryan Grant, Addai, Ray Rice

WR - Randy Moss, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Dominik Hixon, Donnie Avery

TE - Winslow, Dustin Keller

K - Who cares

D - Packers

First my guess: 11th pick overall. Took Moss, then DeAngelo 3. Grant 4. Edwards 5. Holmes 6. Palmer 7. Winslow......

Good balanced team. I'm a big Grant believer this year. I think he'll really step up his game this year and prove he was much better than where he was drafted. Nice wr core with a chance for big years. Very good TE's. The only thing I don't like is the defense. I'm not sold on the Packers D at all. They might be good, but I'm not a believer!

Great job though. Like I said, very good balance. You did not short yourself anywere.

hey cuse, nice to see you back. how did i draft?

thx

----

8th pick of 10

chris johnson

brees

steve smith

colston

m lynch

lendale

beanie w

benson

fred jackson

mendenhall

cotchery

chicago

eli

ted ginn

heath miller

fred taylor

harrison

folk

choice

--------------------

10 teams....6 pts all tds....10 rush yds/pt....20 pass/pt....Standard K and DEF....Not a PPR

Greatly appeciated!! I do my best. Just remember, I only give my opinions mixed in with facts and trends that I see. If you did great and won cash last year, that's all you!! :huh:

Well I just had my draft and I'm really unsure about my team. To be honest I don't like it. The league starts QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, K & DST. It's in a 12 team league and I had the 10th pick. It's really sort of a rough draft. I have another draft tomorrow in another league and it's the big one. If I have any faults in this draft I will try and do better tomorrow. Let me know what you think and please hold no punches.

Rd 1 Phillip Rivers

Rd 2 Andre Johnson

Rd 3 Ryan Grant

Rd 4 Roy Williams

Rd 5 Joseph Addai

Rd 6 Reggie Bush

Rd 7 Chris Chambers

Rd 8 Kellen Winslow

Rd 9 Chester Taylor

Rd 10 Joe Flacco

Rd 11 Jeremy Shockey

Rd 12 Mark Clayton

Rd 13 Dallas DST

Rd 14 Fred Taylor

Rd 15 Nick Folk

hey cuse, nice to see you back. how did i draft?

thx

----

8th pick of 10

chris johnson.....very nice pick. Great upside and definitly worth a #8 pick.

brees................love Brees, will have a reduction in last years numbers. Nice pick, would've rather had a wr/rb here though.

steve smith........One of my favorites. I have him ranked #4 this year, he simply needs more TD's.

colston..............Nice fourth round pick. injuries killed him last year, he'll be back and light it up.

m lynch.............If Jackson is hurt and can't go it helps Lynch out tremendously

lendale..............nice to have for TD's and decent yards

beanie w............2 TD's last pre season game....could be a great one here?!

benson..............great pick this late, it makes the Brees pick much better.

fred jackson......getting this handcuff was crucial

mendenhall.......don't know how they'll use him? good trade bait for the Parker owner though

cotchery...........great value getting Cotch this late

chicago............lost their DL and Secondary coaches to SD, we'll see how the coaching is. good pick none the less

eli....................solid back up

ted ginn............don't like him at all. Bad attitude and hasn't found his niche in the NFL, does have potential though.

heath miller.......there are better options for sure.

fred taylor.........nice pick this late, could surprize this year. Definitly a good bye week fill in.

harrison.............Jerome or Marvin? Don't care for either.

folk...................kickers are a crap shoot every year.

choice...............should have taken James Davis with this pick.

--------------------

10 teams....6 pts all tds....10 rush yds/pt....20 pass/pt....Standard K and DEF....Not a PPR

Good squad overall. I wasn't real high on taking Brees in the second, but you got some quality picks late in the draft that solidified that pick. You should be a contender all year. Nice team, great job drafting!!

Well I just had my draft and I'm really unsure about my team. To be honest I don't like it. The league starts QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, K & DST. It's in a 12 team league and I had the 10th pick. It's really sort of a rough draft. I have another draft tomorrow in another league and it's the big one. If I have any faults in this draft I will try and do better tomorrow. Let me know what you think and please hold no punches.

Rd 1 Phillip Rivers

Rd 2 Andre Johnson

Rd 3 Ryan Grant

Rd 4 Roy Williams

Rd 5 Joseph Addai

Rd 6 Reggie Bush

Rd 7 Chris Chambers

Rd 8 Kellen Winslow

Rd 9 Chester Taylor

Rd 10 Joe Flacco

Rd 11 Jeremy Shockey

Rd 12 Mark Clayton

Rd 13 Dallas DST

Rd 14 Fred Taylor

Rd 15 Nick Folk

What did you do!? Why did you take Philip Rivers with your first pick?! Was Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Warner and Manning all gone? Was Moss and Fitz gone? Was Forte, MJD, Turner and Peterson gone. I hate to say it, but I'm not liking this team for a 12 teamer. I think you took Rivers three rounds too early. He should never be drafted before the third round. Yes, he is good and should again put up nice numbers, but you could have had a combo of Moss/AJ with picks one and two or LT/AJ or anyone other than Rivers and AJ. Johnson was a great second round pick and to follow it up with Grant was very good. Roy in the fourth....not a believer. You followed that up with Bush and Addai. Both are injury prone and have rb's on their team that will probably out produce them anyway. Then Chambers who has under achieved his entire life.

If everyone stays healthy and puts up better numbers than are being projected you'll do great, but I don't see it here. You have way too many question marks. Bush already has a bumb knee, Addai already has talks of 65/35 split with Brown, Roy hurt his shoulder. My friend, you dropped the ball on this team.

I have faith in you though. I think you'll come back with avengance with your draft tomarrow!! There was some very questionable draft picks with this one. Don't try and be cute with early picks. If you think Rivers is gonna be great, then take him a round early, but don't blow a first rounder on him. Obviously I don't know your league, but I think you may have been able to get him in the third and if you couldn't that means someone else reached and a better player would have fell to you because of it.

However, you never know. It's just my opinion. Your team could take the world by storm and you could kick some serious butt this year.

Good Work so Far!

Can you tell me what you think of my team?

picked at 4 in a .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, DEF.

Maurice Jones-Drew

Roddy White

Kevin Smith

Terrell Owens

Bernard Berrian

Carson Palmer

Knowshon Moreno

Zach Miller

Ben Roethlisberger

Chicago

Ted Ginn Jr.

Dustin Keller

Shonn Greene

Nick Folk

James Davis

QB: Palmer, Rothlisberger

RB: MJD, Kevin Smith, Knowshon Moreno, Shonne Green, James Davis

WR: Roddy White, Terrell Owens, Bernard Berrian, Ted Ginn,

TE: Zach Miller, Dustin Keller

K: Nick Folk

DEF: Bears

Thank you!

What did you do!? Why did you take Philip Rivers with your first pick?! Was Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Warner and Manning all gone? Was Moss and Fitz gone? Was Forte, MJD, Turner and Peterson gone. I hate to say it, but I'm not liking this team for a 12 teamer. I think you took Rivers three rounds too early. He should never be drafted before the third round. Yes, he is good and should again put up nice numbers, but you could have had a combo of Moss/AJ with picks one and two or LT/AJ or anyone other than Rivers and AJ. Johnson was a great second round pick and to follow it up with Grant was very good. Roy in the fourth....not a believer. You followed that up with Bush and Addai. Both are injury prone and have rb's on their team that will probably out produce them anyway. Then Chambers who has under achieved his entire life.

If everyone stays healthy and puts up better numbers than are being projected you'll do great, but I don't see it here. You have way too many question marks. Bush already has a bumb knee, Addai already has talks of 65/35 split with Brown, Roy hurt his shoulder. My friend, you dropped the ball on this team.

I have faith in you though. I think you'll come back with avengance with your draft tomarrow!! There was some very questionable draft picks with this one. Don't try and be cute with early picks. If you think Rivers is gonna be great, then take him a round early, but don't blow a first rounder on him. Obviously I don't know your league, but I think you may have been able to get him in the third and if you couldn't that means someone else reached and a better player would have fell to you because of it.

However, you never know. It's just my opinion. Your team could take the world by storm and you could kick some serious butt this year.

Well Brees, Manning, Brady and Rodgers went early. Moss and Fitz went right after my first pick so I picked up AJ. I could have went WR/WR, but I felt Rivers, Romo & Warner would've been gone before the end of the 3rd rd. Turner, Forte, Peterson, MJD & S Jax were gone in the first rd before me too.

Good Work so Far!

Can you tell me what you think of my team?

picked at 4 in a .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, DEF.

Maurice Jones-Drew

Roddy White

Kevin Smith

Terrell Owens

Bernard Berrian

Carson Palmer

Knowshon Moreno

Zach Miller

Ben Roethlisberger

Chicago

Ted Ginn Jr.

Dustin Keller

Shonn Greene

Nick Folk

James Davis

QB: Palmer, Rothlisberger

RB: MJD, Kevin Smith, Knowshon Moreno, Shonne Green, James Davis

WR: Roddy White, Terrell Owens, Bernard Berrian, Ted Ginn,

TE: Zach Miller, Dustin Keller

K: Nick Folk

DEF: Bears

Thank you!

I like the QB's. Great potential bounce back year with Palmer and solid back-up QB with Roethlisberger. Nice TE duo as well. Both have tremendous upside. Their QB situation isn't the greatest, but they should still be pretty good. Lovin' Roddy this year and TO is always great in his first year with a new club. Berrian has alot of upside with Favre in town. His deep speed should finall be realized and Favre can get the ball to him so quick he could break free for some big plays as well. Ginn, not so high on. I'd rather have Bess. I think Bess is a better fit for the offense and for Penningtons skills. Bears, same as I've said before. I'm interested to see how the team reacts to a new DL and secondary coach, none the less they have great veteran leadership so they should be okay.

You fell into the same trap that I do with running backs. You got MJD with your first. Great pick, even he doesn't do as well as everyone thinks, he's a great pick based on massive potential this year. Kevin Smith is a quality back who should struggle as Stafford does. If CPepp gets the nod look for Smith to do much better. Then you fell into the trap, which I myself am guilty of. Rookie, rookie and rookie. Moreno should easily take the #1 back spot in Denver. I really like his potential. You may be a year early with Greene, but it looks like the feature back job will be his for years to come if he can handle it. James Davis is a stellar #5 this year. Looks great, but it is Jamal's job. With Tucker back on the line in Cleveland, they should once again create huge holes for the backs.

I say it's a trap because it's easy to fall for rookie running backs. You see all the great potential in these young kids and it's easy to draft them in bunches. If recent history has shown us anything it's that you can strike gold with these young guys. If you hit with one it's well worth it.

So, overall the only player I don't like it Ginn. That's simply me though, many other guys have him pinned as their breakout player. I don't see it. He's a speedster without the other skills needed to be a stable NFL wr. It's possible he'll put it together, but I don't see it happening.

Great job!

Well Brees, Manning, Brady and Rodgers went early. Moss and Fitz went right after my first pick so I picked up AJ. I could have went WR/WR, but I felt Rivers, Romo & Warner would've been gone before the end of the 3rd rd. Turner, Forte, Peterson, MJD & S Jax were gone in the first rd before me too.

Just an opinion being thrown out here: Don't you think a guy like Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan or a few others have as good of a chance to put up numbers similar to Rivers. Out of curiosity when did Schaub and Ryan go?

Just an opinion being thrown out here: Don't you think a guy like Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan or a few others have as good of a chance to put up numbers similar to Rivers. Out of curiosity when did Schaub and Ryan go?

Schaub went in Rd 3 and Ryan went in Rd 5. You really do have a point there. I'm just so paranoid with QB's. I've picked a QB in the first rd in the past 2 years and have done fine. One position I hate worrying about is the QB position. I'll try and do better tomorrow. I have the 15th pick in a 16 team league. Any advice there? I have a feeling the top 3 QB's and WR's would be gone as well as the top 6-7 rb's. The RB pool is so limited so should I try and get a great QB/WR combo or best available WR's for my first two picks.

10 team .5 pt per reception league. Start 3 WR. Half of draft is complete, resumes next week.

So far I have

C. Johnson

A. Boldin

A. Gonzolez

K. Walter

I'm looking for my 5th WR to be a late rounder with the most upside. Which if any of these guys stand out?

Mark Bradley

Brian Robiske

Davone Bess

Jordy Nelson

Josh Morgan

Chaz Schilens

Miles Austin

Thanks!

Schaub went in Rd 3 and Ryan went in Rd 5. You really do have a point there. I'm just so paranoid with QB's. I've picked a QB in the first rd in the past 2 years and have done fine. One position I hate worrying about is the QB position. I'll try and do better tomorrow. I have the 15th pick in a 16 team league. Any advice there? I have a feeling the top 3 QB's and WR's would be gone as well as the top 6-7 rb's. The RB pool is so limited so should I try and get a great QB/WR combo or best available WR's for my first two picks.

Ok Cuse I have a good feelin on this one. Again please hold no punches even though if you crap on my squad it would bother somewhat. This is my main FF league which is 16 teams startin QB, RB, WR 2 flex, TE, K, DST with no ppr for the RB. I had the 15th pick.

Rd 1 Larry Fitzgerald

Rd 2 Andre Johnson

Rd 3 C Ochocinco

Rd 4 Matt Schaub

Rd 5 Ray Rice

Rd 6 Felix Jones

Rd 7 Donald Brown

Rd 8 David Garrard

Rd 9 Jeremichael Finely

Rd 10 Colts DST

Rd 11 Josh Morgan

Rd 12 John Kasay

The picks before me were.. Brees, Brady, Manning, McNabb, Rivers, Rodgers, Warner, & Romo. As far as the other picks were AP, MJD, Forte, Turner, M Barber & D Will.

Since you asked for a follow up....here's my draft results:

KEEP: Drew Brees

KEEP: Ladanian Tomlinson

01.10 : TJ Houshmandzadeh

03.03 : Tony Gonzalez

05.10 : Dominik Hixon

06.05 : Julius Jones

07.03 : Tim Hightower

07.10 : Tampa Bay Buccs

08.05 : Muhsin Muhammad

09.10 : Earnest Graham

10.05 : Joe Flacco

11.10 : Bo Scaife

12.05 : Davone Bess

12.10 : New Orleans Saints

13.10 : Lawrence Tynes

14.05 : Byron Leftwich

15.10 : Miles Austin

16.05 : Maurice Morris

17.10 : Demetrius Williams

18.05 : Jeff Reed

19.10 : Keenan Burton

There were 5 players I wanted to draft...I got one of them..Devone Bess. Leaving the draft, in spite of not get anyone I had my eye on pre-draft, I felt pretty good. I spent quite a bit of time prepping for the draft getting different cheatsheets arranged, laying out where I felt the sleepers were, guys I didn't want to take at all...all the good stuff I guess.

Then I get home from the draft.

Rotoworld:

Devone Bess upstaged by Hartline.

Dominik Hixon overvalued in most drafts, Hakeem Nicks gets "prime consideration"...

I didn't even want to draft Julius Jones, but at the time it was either him, Fred Jackson or Sammy Morris.

Rotoworld:

Julius Jones...unimpressive.

Demetrius Williams...nagging injuries....WR3 at best.

Maurice Morris....Jerome Felton will get 2nd quarter carries....

And on down the line. I'd say a combination of lack of sleep, wind blowing paperwork around, external noise and general chaos going on around me led to a less than stellar draft. Every player I had my "eye on" pre-draft went within 3 picks of me getting to them.

Every_Single_Player.

The draft was running about 1000 miles an hour and ironically, by the 4th round I thought it was the 5th round. I had two picks in the 7th round and didn't even realize I had made two picks in one round until the 8th round. Players were flying off the board so fast I didn't even have time to mark them off the list, which isn't a big deal when it's the 10th round or later when everyone struggles to find a name they recognize. To me, the later rounds are the rounds that should go faster...players left are spread out, you're filling RB4, RB5 and WR6 slots on your roster...everyone's got a few sleepers that are deep in a draft. But when it's early in the draft and one pick is a top 30 running back, then two seconds later a top 20 wide receiver goes, then 5 seconds later someone reaches two rounds early for another wide receiver....8 seconds later it's my pick and I'm still marking off names. It's easy to say who cares, take your time...but when everyone and everything is running 1000 miles an hour it's not that easy. At least not for me.

Either that or like I said in my initial post...I don't know what the f0ck I'm doing. I'm pretty sure at this point I'm retiring from Fantasy Football after this year. I've got that Bret Favre syndrome...been feeling less and less into it the last few years but keep sticking it out despite disappointment after disappointment. I'm sure I'll be back again next year to throw away more money, but the end is near.

:lol:

What do you think? 8th pick in a 10 team 0.5 PPR league, start 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex

QB: Rodgers, Orton

RB: DeAngelo Williams, Chris Johnson, McFadden, Wells, Fred Jackson

WR: Welker, Berrian, DeSean Jackson, Josh Morgan, Earl Bennett

TE: Gates

D/ST: Titans

K: Elam

Thanks!

Just drafted last night in a non-PPR league with 9 teams, I had the fifth pick.

Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF

My Team:

QB- Matt Schaub

RB- Matt Forte, Steve Slaton, Darren McFadden, Larry Johnson

WR- Randy Moss,Marques Colston, Bernard Berrian, Kevin Walter, Torry Holt, Vincent Jackson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh

PK DAL Nick Folk

Def BAL Baltimore Ravens

My Thoughts: I know I'm deep at WR and have some quality RB's, but do you think my depth elsewhere is a problem, or can I get by with a waiver wire pickup on those bye weeks? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Had our 12-team non-ppr standard scoring draft yesterday, 6 pts for all TDs. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K. I think I got good value at each pick, and am deep at RB but counting on Hasselbeck. I think he can have a good year if healthy. I picked 5th in a snake draft. Where would you look to improve? I didn't take a backup QB, but Hass' bye isn't til week 7 so I have a few weeks to see if someone stands out, or should i pick up Pennington, Hill, Delhomme... and who should I drop? Thanks for your input!

1-Jones-Drew-RB

2-Calvin Johnson-WR

3-Barber-RB

4-TJ Housh-WR

5-McFadden-RB

6-Parker-RB

7-Royal-WR

8-Hasselbeck (early run on QBs so I loaded at RB and waited for value)

9-Ahmad Bradshaw-RB

10-Titans Defense (run on defenses and somehow ended up being the 9th defense taken)

11-Josh Morgan-WR

12-Shiancoe-TE

13-Meachem-WR

14-Edgerrin James-RB

15-James Davis-RB

16-Kris Brown-K

See team in signature...Where do I need to improve?

QB's: Ryan & Hasselbeck

RB's: SJax, R. Brown, McFadden, and Sproles

WR's: Jennings, Bowe, and A. Gonzalez

TE: Winslow

K: Kasay

DEF: SD

3 IDP's

14 Team, Non-PPR, Redraft

Nowhere. Solid at all positions. Nice depth and good potential Great job overall!!

Since you asked for a follow up....here's my draft results:

KEEP: Drew Brees

KEEP: Ladanian Tomlinson

01.10 : TJ Houshmandzadeh.....Nice slid pick for your #1.

03.03 : Tony Gonzalez.....great strategy, get a solid point getter, don't reach for a different position.

05.10 : Dominik Hixon....He's looking good, have no fears. Hixon and Manningham are fighting for #3 spot, Hixon will start.

06.05 : Julius Jones....he's a starter. James may take some goalline work, but Julius will perform better than most think.

07.03 : Tim Hightower....nice pick here, even if Wells takes over Hightower will still find time.

07.10 : Tampa Bay Buccs

08.05 : Muhsin Muhammad...great pick!! Muhsin had a stretch last year where he was dominate.

09.10 : Earnest Graham....was sluggish last year, hopefully he returns to form

10.05 : Joe Flacco...not a Flacco fan.

11.10 : Bo Scaife...solid one here.

12.05 : Davone Bess....is a better fit over Hartline. Ginn is the odd man out in Miami.

12.10 : New Orleans Saints...great sleeper Defense this year.

13.10 : Lawrence Tynes

14.05 : Byron Leftwich

15.10 : Miles Austin...another good sleeper pick.

16.05 : Maurice Morris...there's got to be better out there.

17.10 : Demetrius Williams

18.05 : Jeff Reed

19.10 : Keenan Burton....has a chance to shine.

There were 5 players I wanted to draft...I got one of them..Devone Bess. Leaving the draft, in spite of not get anyone I had my eye on pre-draft, I felt pretty good. I spent quite a bit of time prepping for the draft getting different cheatsheets arranged, laying out where I felt the sleepers were, guys I didn't want to take at all...all the good stuff I guess.

Then I get home from the draft.

Rotoworld:

Devone Bess upstaged by Hartline.

Dominik Hixon overvalued in most drafts, Hakeem Nicks gets "prime consideration"...

I didn't even want to draft Julius Jones, but at the time it was either him, Fred Jackson or Sammy Morris.

Rotoworld:

Julius Jones...unimpressive.

Demetrius Williams...nagging injuries....WR3 at best.

Maurice Morris....Jerome Felton will get 2nd quarter carries....

And on down the line. I'd say a combination of lack of sleep, wind blowing paperwork around, external noise and general chaos going on around me led to a less than stellar draft. Every player I had my "eye on" pre-draft went within 3 picks of me getting to them.

Every_Single_Player.

The draft was running about 1000 miles an hour and ironically, by the 4th round I thought it was the 5th round. I had two picks in the 7th round and didn't even realize I had made two picks in one round until the 8th round. Players were flying off the board so fast I didn't even have time to mark them off the list, which isn't a big deal when it's the 10th round or later when everyone struggles to find a name they recognize. To me, the later rounds are the rounds that should go faster...players left are spread out, you're filling RB4, RB5 and WR6 slots on your roster...everyone's got a few sleepers that are deep in a draft. But when it's early in the draft and one pick is a top 30 running back, then two seconds later a top 20 wide receiver goes, then 5 seconds later someone reaches two rounds early for another wide receiver....8 seconds later it's my pick and I'm still marking off names. It's easy to say who cares, take your time...but when everyone and everything is running 1000 miles an hour it's not that easy. At least not for me.

Either that or like I said in my initial post...I don't know what the f0ck I'm doing. I'm pretty sure at this point I'm retiring from Fantasy Football after this year. I've got that Bret Favre syndrome...been feeling less and less into it the last few years but keep sticking it out despite disappointment after disappointment. I'm sure I'll be back again next year to throw away more money, but the end is near.

:lol:

Overall you did okay. Started out great....Housh and Gonzo. Muhammed is a great pick. He may be 50, but he still puts up numbers. I would drop Demetrius and Morris, you can find better potential.

For the second part. If the draft is flying along to fast, say something to the commish!! The commish's full intent is for everyone to have fun. If it's going to fast and you feel as though it's getting out of control and you're losing track of players and such, simply say something to the commish and he'll slow things down.

Back to players:

Brees......................18

Tomlinson................13

J. Jones.....................7

Houshmandzadeh.....11

Muhammed...............7

Hixon.......................7

Gonzalez..................9

Tynes......................6

Buccs......................7

That's not a bad line-up for a fourteen team league! Remember we talked about scoring 85. Believe it or not I put a predicted ppg by each player and the total came up to 85. Now if you are scoring 85, it will make you average. That is when you look at your bench as see what potential you have. You want to get that "85" to "90" then keep going.

Saints should be improved this year, potential. Miles Austin has alot of promise. Roy is a bad #1 and Crayton has blew any shot he's ever had, Austin is in a great spot to succeed, potential. Keenan Burton has a shot to make some noise. I would definitly drop Morris and Williams and find someone that has a chance to really excell.

No more talk of retirement.

Just drafted last night in a non-PPR league with 9 teams, I had the fifth pick.

Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF

My Team:

QB- Matt Schaub

RB- Matt Forte, Steve Slaton, Darren McFadden, Larry Johnson

WR- Randy Moss,Marques Colston, Bernard Berrian, Kevin Walter, Torry Holt, Vincent Jackson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh

PK DAL Nick Folk

Def BAL Baltimore Ravens

My Thoughts: I know I'm deep at WR and have some quality RB's, but do you think my depth elsewhere is a problem, or can I get by with a waiver wire pickup on those bye weeks? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

The only problem I see is QB. I really like Schaub this year, but he is injury prone. You should get a quality back-up now. If you don't and he goes down they'll you'll panic and may settle for a lesser QB. Someone like Hasselbeck, Delhomme....nobody flashy, just a nice reliable back up.

I would try and make some sort of a deal to get a back-up QB. RB & WR are fine coupled with a good kicker and solid defense. Nine is an odd number for a league?!

Hey Cuse...I could use a little help here.

I've just been offered the #4 pick in a rookie only draft for Marshawn Lynch.

At #4, I would more than likely land Crabtree, McCoy, or Donald Brown. More than likely I will have my choice of Crabtree or Donald Brown. Whoever I end up with, I would be able to keep for three years.

My other backs are Portis, McFadden, Ray Rice, and Knowshon.

Do you think I should pull the trigger, and if so Crabtree or Brown?

Thanks!

I am in a keeper league where you are required to keep 3 players. Does that make sense? I have been trying to get it changed so that you can keep up to 3 and just throw your players back and get picks in the first three rounds in your place. Part of the reason I am trying to do this is that I feel my keepers are not very strong and also I finished dead last last year. My cousin is running the league and I am trying to explain that if i can throw back 2 of my players that I absolutely dont want, I will have a shot at getting #4's on the other teams (assuming they are keeping 3 players).

The players I have are:

David Garrard

Jay Cutler

Jerricho Cotchery

Steve Smith

Ronnie Brown

Jonathon Stewart

Donald Driver

Greg Olsen

We have already picked the draft order and I have the 3rd pick in the draft. The league is standard scoring for the most part.

Any feedback about who to keep and how you think the league should be set up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you

12 team auction league / start 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR ( or 1 RB 3 WR) 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF / .5 PPR the rest is pretty standard scoring.

I messed up this last Saturday at my draft and did not get my second WR that I needed. I would have had to overpay and the available #1 WR's went early in the draft and I chocked and held onto my $.

Anyways there is a guy that is weak at RB and he also has Randy Moss. I think I may have to somewhat overwhelm him to get Moss as he has a pretty good man crush on him. I am going to list the significant players on our rosters and then would like your opinion on potential trades or should I just hold.

His Team:

QB - Rogers, Campbell

RB - Reggie Bush, Hightower, Ray Rice

WR - Moss, Ward, Berrian, Holt, Hester

TE - Cooley, Olsen

My Team:

QB - Schaub

RB - Turner, Pierre, R Grant, D McFadden (all handcuffs besides Grants)

WR - Calvin, Cotchery, K Walter, J Morgan

TE - O Daniels, J Finley

Like I said, if I have a chance, I think I would have to overwhelm him with an offer. Worth noting, to keep Moss for next year he would cost $41 and to keep my backs would be Turner $16, Pierre $20, Grant $30, McFadden $35. I won the league last year and so I would rather go for it this year again, so if the deal is right I would move anyone necessary to get it done.

Would you even consider Turner for Moss?

Hey Cuse,

I really appreciate the help that you have already given me in a few other leagues that I am in and i much appreciate it. I just drafted for my main/most competitive league last night. I had the 4th pick in this yahoo ppr league. We give 1pt per reception and 6pts for all forms of Tds except return tds those arent included. The rest of the scoring is standard yahoo scoring. Heres how my team breaks down.

Starters

QB:M.Ryan

RB:MJD

RB:M.Barber

WR:G.Jennings

WR:W.Welker

WR:B.Berrian

TE:J.Carlson

W/R:K.Moreno

W/R:F.Jones

K:R.Gould

D:P.Willis

D:M.Williams

LB:D.Ryans

LB:E.Sims

Bench:

QB:Big Ben

RB:J.Jones

RB:M.Lynch

RB;F.Jackson

RB:G.Coffee

WR:E.Bennett

WR:D.Bess

WR:P.Harvin

Im wondering a few things: I have a trade of Lynch and Jackson for rice and mccoy on the table what are your thoughts on this? Would you drop julius jones for edgerin James or danny ware? James davis got draft before I could take him I was planning on taking him over Jones. Finally would you drop any of my receivers for patrick crayton even though I already have a ton of players on bye in week 6, if so which WR?

thanks again for the help

OK here's a trade in another league....

I get: Marques Colston and Antonio Gates

for

Calvin Johnson and Jeremy Shockey.

Yahoo scoring, 1 pt every 20, 6 for TDs....Rules state I can't keep Johnson next year, so getting Colston isn't a bad move, major upgrade to Gates over Shockey. Would give me Dustin Keller and Gates as my TEs

12 Man PPR League

My Team

P. Rivers

Megatron

Vincent Jackson

MJD

Thomas Jones

Torry Holt

Julius Jones

Knowshon Moreno

J. Cotchery

D. Hixon

E. James

Shon Green

The trade is:

I would be giving up

V. Jackson

T. Jones

J. Cotchery

I would be receiving

L. Fitz

C. Taylor

Is this a no brainer, or is T. Jones gonna be a solid RB? We can start 3

I got this trade offered to me

Westbrook, Welker, Larry Johson

for

MJD and Ward

Seems nice but whats the status of Welker?

No PPR

6 for all TD's

1 for 10 yards rush/receive

3 bonus for over 100 yards rush/recieve

Hey Cuse - thanks for your help on my other FF team - your help on this one?

10 team, PPR. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, and one FLEX (R/W/T). A team is looking for a WR or RB to help his team out, so I am considering offering my players P Harvin and John Carlson for Dallas Clark and Donnie Avery.

Carlson should have a good year, but is not a top TE (IMO). Based on last night, Harvin seems to be Farve's go-to guy. Clark is a top TE, but Avery is on a CRAPPY team (though he is the #1 WR).

Here's my team (starters in bold):

QB - Warner, Farve

RB - S Jackson, Forte, B Jacobs, Wells, Bradshaw (Jacobs is my flex, but can be any R/W/T)

WR - V Jackson, D Bowe, A Gonzalez, P Harvin

TE - Carlson

K - Folk

DEF - MIN

I could offer A Gonzalez instead of Harvin, but with the other WRs in my stable, I'm not sure I can risk that. Bowe is on a sorry team and Jackson's on a team with a suspicious O Line....

Thoughts? Also appreciate any insight you have on my team - good, bad, ugly.

Thanks!

Hey dude, great thread.

Wanted to get your opinion on a keeper decision: DeAngelo Williams vs. Steve Slaton.

I pick 7th in a 10 team league, 1 keeper, PPR, and no draft penalties.

What do you think??

I am in need of some advise. I love my team this year except for my QB position. I botched and balked and ended up with Matt Cassell and Kyle Orton. Although an oppotunity has appeared that I can aquire Peyton Manning for Steven Jackson. (the other team has Rivers and Manning and is weak at RB) I am having trouble pulling the trigger. Below is a my roster...

Cassell, Orton

MJD, SJax, Kevin Smith, Ray Rice, Darren Sproles, LeSean McCoy, Cedric Benson

Reggie Wayne, Anquan Boldin, Dwayne Bowe, Domenik Hixon, Nate Washington

Antonio Gates

Nick Folk

San Diego's D

Keeper league

25 passing, 15 rush, 20 rec = 1 pt

All TDs = 6pts

No PPR

Should I make the trade?

Ok Cuse I have a good feelin on this one. Again please hold no punches even though if you crap on my squad it would bother somewhat. This is my main FF league which is 16 teams startin QB, RB, WR 2 flex, TE, K, DST with no ppr for the RB. I had the 15th pick.

Rd 1 Larry Fitzgerald

Rd 2 Andre Johnson

Rd 3 C Ochocinco

Rd 4 Matt Schaub

Rd 5 Ray Rice

Rd 6 Felix Jones

Rd 7 Donald Brown

Rd 8 David Garrard

Rd 9 Jeremichael Finely

Rd 10 Colts DST

Rd 11 Josh Morgan

Rd 12 John Kasay

The picks before me were.. Brees, Brady, Manning, McNabb, Rivers, Rodgers, Warner, & Romo. As far as the other picks were AP, MJD, Forte, Turner, M Barber & D Will.

Don't care what picks were ahead of your first. Pairing Fitz and AJ is stellar!! Getting two stud wr's is great this year. Ocho is a good one to bank on a much better year over last year's embarassment of a year for him. Alot of rb's are very close. You can quality backs later. Rice has tremendous upside this year. He is clearly the #1 now and has a chance to very good. The addition of Matt Birk at center is going to do wonders for the Ravens OLine. Felix and Brown aren't great #2's, but they will do. I'm very high on Brown. He has a great shot to be the feature back by years end.

Garrard and Schaub are a great duo at qb. With Williamson emerging with a new attitude it's showing and could give Garrard much better value. Schaub has weapons out the ying yang....really like him. Assuming all the TE's were gone by 9 you did a good job finding a TE who has a great shot at fantasy stardom this year. Colts D is great with Sanders, average without him. Not very high on Morgan. They're gonna run alot. I don't think wr's in SF will hold much value, but you never know. He's a nice one to sit on behind your trio of studs.

I like this team alot. Almost a complete 180 from your other team. You got stone cold studs to go with some great upside players. Your #2 back is a concern. Like I said, I love Brown, but I like him as a #3 or #4 and give him time to grow into the role. Hopefully Felix turns into a "Bush" type player. Very good squad. The double points you get from AJ/Schaub will be huge!!

Great job, see I told you I had faith in you!! :bandana:

Hey dude, great thread.

Wanted to get your opinion on a keeper decision: DeAngelo Williams vs. Steve Slaton.

I pick 7th in a 10 team league, 1 keeper, PPR, and no draft penalties.

What do you think??

These two are very, very close! Both have good QB's who usually play very smart. Both have a stud WR to keep running lanes open. Both have good blocking wr's to help them on long runs. The Panthers OLine is better, but the Texans zone blocking skills should be in full effect this year under Kubiak. Both are very good receivers out of the backfield.

This is a "on the spot" decision. As of right now I would go with Steve Slaton. I think Slaton has a higher ceiling over DeAngelo. DA will continue to split with Stewart. Slaton isn't as prevalent around the goal line, but he's still a weapon there none the less. Slaton should get more receptions though. When it's this close you have to look at something important:

Playoff schedule:

In weeks 14, 15 and 16 DeAngelo plays Patriots, Vikings & Giants.

Slaton plays Seahawks, Rams, Dolphins

You tell me, which rb do you want leading your team into the playoffs.....exactly, Steve Slaton it is!!

I am in need of some advise. I love my team this year except for my QB position. I botched and balked and ended up with Matt Cassell and Kyle Orton. Although an oppotunity has appeared that I can aquire Peyton Manning for Steven Jackson. (the other team has Rivers and Manning and is weak at RB) I am having trouble pulling the trigger. Below is a my roster...

Cassell, Orton

MJD, SJax, Kevin Smith, Ray Rice, Darren Sproles, LeSean McCoy, Cedric Benson

Reggie Wayne, Anquan Boldin, Dwayne Bowe, Domenik Hixon, Nate Washington

Antonio Gates

Nick Folk

San Diego's D

Keeper league

25 passing, 15 rush, 20 rec = 1 pt

All TDs = 6pts

No PPR

Should I make the trade?

If you've read through this you'll see that I am not a Steven Jackson fan, so it's no surprize that I say pull the trigger on this one.

You have MJD, Smith, Rice, Benson. A stud in MJD and three quality backs with very good upside this year. Add in McCoy and you look very solid. Orton...who knows?! Seriously, he could end up a stud by week 6 or on the bench. I don't think anyone, including McDaniels, knows what to expect out of him. Cassell is hurt, out for week one and being pushed by Brodie Croyle!! If Croyle plays well under Haley, he could stay the starter. If Orton faulters and Simms comes in, what are you gonna do?!

If you can get Manning you get a bonified top tier stud with plenty of weapons and he never misses a game. I think the point difference between Manning vs Cassell/Orton compared to the point difference between Jackson vs Rice/Smith/Benson is better for the Manning side. Plus, you get the Manning/Wayne combo. That is a combo that is money year after year.

I say do it to sure up a weak starting spot on an otherwise very good fantasy team. You have one weakness and it's QB, your rb's are solid from top to bottom. The reason we draft depth is for situations like this. Make the trade and it will prove it's worth!

Hey Cuse - thanks for your help on my other FF team - your help on this one?

10 team, PPR. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, and one FLEX (R/W/T). A team is looking for a WR or RB to help his team out, so I am considering offering my players P Harvin and John Carlson for Dallas Clark and Donnie Avery.

Carlson should have a good year, but is not a top TE (IMO). Based on last night, Harvin seems to be Farve's go-to guy. Clark is a top TE, but Avery is on a CRAPPY team (though he is the #1 WR).

Here's my team (starters in bold):

QB - Warner, Farve

RB - S Jackson, Forte, B Jacobs, Wells, Bradshaw (Jacobs is my flex, but can be any R/W/T)

WR - V Jackson, D Bowe, A Gonzalez, P Harvin

TE - Carlson

K - Folk

DEF - MIN

I could offer A Gonzalez instead of Harvin, but with the other WRs in my stable, I'm not sure I can risk that. Bowe is on a sorry team and Jackson's on a team with a suspicious O Line....

Thoughts? Also appreciate any insight you have on my team - good, bad, ugly.

Thanks!

Nice team! I love balance with solid players at all spots mixed in with potential greatness. You have acquired that. I see no reason to mess with it.

I'm driving the Dallas Clark bandwagon this year, but there is noway I would do this trade. Avery is a nice player on a horrible offensive team. Harvin is a do it all explosive rookie who can do multiple things on the field. Dallas Clark is in line for a stellar year. He should be near the top of the TE rankings all year. John Carlson will be very good himself. Remember when Mora was HC of Atlanta? Remember when Alge Crumpler had value, it was with Mora as his coach. Carlson has tremendous skills and Mora will use them. The Hawks also do not have a good goalline back, I would expect Carlson to become a favorite target of Hasselbeck in the endzone.

You did a great job drafting. Don't second guess yourself because you don't have proven stud at every position. Carlson will be fine and Harvin could become huge.

I would leave things be.

I got this trade offered to me

Westbrook, Welker, Larry Johson

for

MJD and Ward

Seems nice but whats the status of Welker?

No PPR

6 for all TD's

1 for 10 yards rush/receive

3 bonus for over 100 yards rush/recieve

Need more details. Hines Ward or Derrick Ward? Which side are you giving up and what is the rest of your team? Is this a keeper league?

Without knowing that info, it's hard to answer. :bandana:

12 Man PPR League

My Team

P. Rivers

Megatron

Vincent Jackson

MJD

Thomas Jones

Torry Holt

Julius Jones

Knowshon Moreno

J. Cotchery

D. Hixon

E. James

Shon Green

The trade is:

I would be giving up

V. Jackson

T. Jones

J. Cotchery

I would be receiving

L. Fitz

C. Taylor

Is this a no brainer, or is T. Jones gonna be a solid RB? We can start 3

Jones could be solid, can't be sure though. The trade hurts your overall team. Having Greene allows you the luxury of letting Jones play. If Jones goes down or struggles, you have his back-up. Other than that if you take this trade you are getting another back-up. Taylor is worthless unless AD goes down. You would be giving up three potential starters for one. I don't like that deal. Even though Fitz is phenomenal, he's not worth three players.

I would say negative on this one!