Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Cuse9's Help Thread

Hey Cuse,

Ok. I ended up moving (driving 600 miles) the day of two drafts, and one league must've had the most messed up auto-ranking system. I'm eagerly trying to salvage what's left in the waiver wire and could use a little help.

League 1: (Pick 2) - These are currently available for pickup...I currently have Nate Burleson and Kevin Walter.

Nate Burleson (on bench)

Kevin Walter (on bench)

Earl Bennett

Torry Holt

Laverneus Coles

Derrick Mason

Donnie Avery

Pierre Garcon

Kevin Curtis

League 2:

These are my bench players: Cassell, Bush, Fred Taylor, LeRon McClain, Devin Hester, McGahee, Curtis. I'm thinking I may be able to do better than Cassell, Taylor, and Curtis. Would you drop any of these in favor of:

Mike Bell

Michael Bush

Laurence Maroney

Justin Gage

Nate Burleson

Trent Edwards

Mark Sanchez

Thanks in advance.

Hey cuse. Assuming all these guys go on sunday which one would you choose. PT, Felix, or M Bush. Also, would you drop C Henry for Burleson or S Smith(nyg)? Royal is my number 2 and I'm looking for go depth just incase.

Well, if they were all 100% then Pierre is the easy choice. However, since we know Pierre won't be 100% it makes the decision alot harder. I would wait until Thomas is back for one full game before inserting him. What Mike Bell did is exactly what Thomas will do. Thomas is clearly a better back than Bell due to the intangibles that PT brings. Don't let Bell scare you too much. Time will tell for sure though.

Felix did little to impress this past weekend in a blowout for Dallas. He only had 6 carries for 22 yards and his great "receiving skills" were utilized nada! With all the hype of him being this humungus threat to Barber he totaled six touches. He was thrown to zero times. Now keep in mind the Cowboys had three huge scoring plays and the game was in hand, so there was no big need to get him involved. None the less, I would like to see more than six touches from my starter. Throw in they're playing the Giants...tough match-up.

Michael Bush had a respectable showing vs a very good SD defense. If Russell wasn't so horrendous Bush may have bad more opportunities. He toted the rock twelve times for 55 yards and had a catch. That's not too shabby. He seems to be cemented in as a factor in the offense. Playing at Kansas City is a bonus as well. No reason to think he can't duplicate his week one performance, but should do even better.

So, I would wait for Pierre to get healthy. Wait for Jones to get more involved. In the meantime, Bush is a decent start with good potential for rushing yards and TD's.

LOL I know I gave YOU the wrong advice....so I hope u didn't follow it.

OK Johnnie Knox is on waivers in our dynasty league. Knox got 2 catches for 82 yards (one long one) on 4 targets last week.

So far Mike Thomas has been sidelined with a bad hamstring and hasn't done anything except in camp prior to pre-season games. And of course Matt Jones is taking up roster space and could be cut. Is it time to cut bait for Knox? Do you think jones will have any value anytime soon?

What do your tea leaves say? Who should I drop?

Also do you have any experience with blind bid waivers with a $100 season budget in a dynasty league? I'm thing that $6 is about right. Thoughts?

BTW, how is project X going for you? I thought I'd hear back, but narry a word.

Knox is definitly worth a shot. Bennett is clearly the guy through the air in Chicago, but Knox could become a nice compliment wr. The bad thing for Knox is he seems to be identical to Hester. Hester can't catch, so Knox could become a better option and take over. I like Mike Walker. I think I would rather have him over Knox. Walker is a nice possession guy who could greatly benefit from Holt being there. In a dynasty league Walker has alot better potential. If you have Matt Jones, I think you can safely kiss him good bye as it seems NFL teams have done.

Project X is coming along, but going slow. With the beginning of the season getting here I simply did not have the time to do all the work that goes into launching it. I 100% plan on getting it going throughout the season. Once I get everything set up I will get back with you for input and hopefully more!!

would you trade witten and holt for heap and santonio holmes?

my roster, .5 ppr

peyton, hasselback

mojo, hightower, wells, benson, scott

wayne, driver, holt, burelson

witten

kaeding

nyj, atl

would you trade witten and holt for heap and santonio holmes?

my roster, .5 ppr

peyton, hasselback

mojo, hightower, wells, benson, scott

wayne, driver, holt, burelson

witten

kaeding

nyj, atl

No chance. Todd Heap is a great TE when he's healthy! The problem is he can't stay healthy. In giving up Witten you are giving up the best TE in the game. Even with limited chances he still had a nice game last week. Holmes looked very good in week one vs a very good D. We can't believe that the run game will continue to be that bad though. Once it gets going I expect Holmes numbers to come back down. While he is an up and comer with great potential I don't think he is good enough to pull the trigger on this deal. Holt should be a solid play all year.

So, of the trade I would want the Holt/Witten side more.

PPR League (10 Team)

Got offered

Gore

Leon Washington

Calvin Johnson

for my

Andre Johnson

Pierre Thomas

Kevin Smith

Rest of my team is

Kurt Warner

Ocho

Steve Smith (Car)

DWIll

Reggie Bush

Do it or stay put?

No chance I'd take this deal. Andre is better than Calvin. Well, not better, but in a better position to put up better numbers. I like Gore alot, but PT and Smith are too much vs him. Washington is a nice novelty. He'll have a few huge games and more often than not, he'll do little fantasy wise. I'm confident that PT will come back strong and put up very good numbers. While I think Smith will struggle with the "new beginnings" in Detroit, he still has potential to do very well.

It's a fair offer, but I would pass.

Would you trade Sproles and Ronnie Brown for Calvin Johnson and Cribbs? I had this offer but am leaning towards no. I would rather have the RB depth, and I can work the WW for a replacement for Gonzo, if needed.

What should I do with Anthony Gonzalez? A knee injury to a WR scares me. He probably won't be close to a 100% all year. Do I try and trade him to get some value? Sit and hope? I really do not want to drop him and pick up a Justin Gage or Earl Bennet. What to do, what to do.

two quick ones for you:

Slaton or DMac?

I know its week one, but I got a bad feeling about Slaton this season. Not ready to trade/bail on him yet, but considering starting DMac over him as my RB/WR flex this week. DMac looked inches away from breaking a long one Monday night and he torched the Chiefs last year before his injury. Thoughts?

Which 2 WRs?

If Boldin's healthy, he is an obvious start, but with a lingering hamstring injury, it looks like I need to pick two from a McNabb-less DeSean Jackson, a gimpy Antonio Bryant, and a Roy Williams that gets the same number of looks as Patrick Crayton. I could also make a pitch for Devery Henderson, Donnie Avery, Nate Burleson or Louis Murphy on the waiver wire, but are any of them really upgrades?

Not great options, any help appreciated.

--------------------

10 team league, standard scoring

start: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR flex, TE, K, D

QB: Romo (6), C. Palmer (10)

RB: MJD (1), Brandon Jacobs (2), Slaton (3), McFadden (5), Cedric Benson (11), Hightower (15), LeSean McCoy (13)

WR: Boldin (4), Cowboy Roy Williams (7), DeSean Jackson (8), Antonio Bryant (9)

TE: Shockey (15)

K: Nate Kaeding (14)

D: J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! JETS! (12)

Thanks Cuse,

Also, would you drop C Henry for Burleson or S Smith (NYG)? I have AJ and Royal as starters, but after Orton's performance i'm a bit worried about Royal and may have to rely on my number 3 as more than just a bye week fill in. I'm not sure if i should give Henry and the Bungles another week or 2 to get the offense going.

Cuse,

got a win week one

help me keep it rolling

start 3 wr

.5 ppr

6 pts all TDs

20 yards per rec point

WR1 Reggie Wayne @ MIA

now choose 2 out of these 4

L. Moore @ PHI

L. Coles @ GB

L. Murphy @ KC

M. Clayton(TB) @ BUF

I wanted to give Coles one more week, but dont know. Am leaning towards Moore and Murphy

Thanks

Decent foursome behind the studly Wayne.

They are pretty close, so it could go alot of different ways.

To start with I would rule out Coles. He did nothing against a weak Denver D. The DB's in Denver are pretty good, but he should have at least did some damage and he did none. I find the next three very, very close. Lance Moore is almost a must start due to the offense he's in. He's a sure handed reliable target that will get his catches and yards regardless of how many players Brees throws to. The downfall this week is he is playing against Philly. Louis Murphy looked like the go to guy in Oakland. He had a TD called back and scored on a bomb late in the game. Clayton may be back! This may be the Michael Clayton we got to see his rookie year. He was thrown to eight times and came down with five catches for 93 yards. Buffalo has a decent pass defense, but Clayton is a guy that could cause trouble for them.

I would go with the safest pick in Moore. I like his skills and he's a great possession guy. He should get plenty of looks. Even though Murphy has an easier match-up I would take Clayton as my other wr. Clayton has better rb's to give him better opportunities.

It's close, but Clayton and Moore would be my two.

Thanks Cuse,

Also, would you drop C Henry for Burleson or S Smith (NYG)? I have AJ and Royal as starters, but after Orton's performance i'm a bit worried about Royal and may have to rely on my number 3 as more than just a bye week fill in. I'm not sure if i should give Henry and the Bungles another week or 2 to get the offense going.

Yes, I would drop a #3 (Henry) for a #2 in Burleson and/or Smith. Smith looks to be the possession guy and I think Nicks will become the big play guy. Burleson is a pretty good wr that just needs to stay healthy and he'll become a decent wr2 in 12 team leagues. I would take Burleson first then Smith.

As for Royal I was really disappointed that Denver didn't try and get him more involved. Marshall is a waste and will only hurt Denver. Royal has the ability to be a top ten wr by years end. Like you I'm disappointed in his lack of numbers, but I think the offense will find an identity and he'll become a great #2 for you.

What should I do with Anthony Gonzalez? A knee injury to a WR scares me. He probably won't be close to a 100% all year. Do I try and trade him to get some value? Sit and hope? I really do not want to drop him and pick up a Justin Gage or Earl Bennet. What to do, what to do.

You can't drop him, he's too good and has mega upside. When he comes back he could easily become an awesome #2 with some weeks being a #1. Unfortunatly you need to sit on him until he comes back. As for Bennett, you have to get him!! He was thrown to 13 times (I'm very big on targets). That is a fantastic number to be targeted. Bennett is looking like the break out wr of the year by far. I would DEFINITLY go after him!! I don't know the rest of your roster, but I would go after Bennett for sure.

Would you trade Sproles and Ronnie Brown for Calvin Johnson and Cribbs? I had this offer but am leaning towards no. I would rather have the RB depth, and I can work the WW for a replacement for Gonzo, if needed.

I'm with you on this one. I like Johnson and Cribbs looks like he could become a sneaky fantasy impact player this year. The fact that Brown didn't do anything week one is a lil depressing, but I still think the sky is the limit for him this year. Sproles could turn into a great FB2 this year, no reason to let him go now.

two quick ones for you:

Slaton or DMac?

I know its week one, but I got a bad feeling about Slaton this season. Not ready to trade/bail on him yet, but considering starting DMac over him as my RB/WR flex this week. DMac looked inches away from breaking a long one Monday night and he torched the Chiefs last year before his injury. Thoughts?

Which 2 WRs?

If Boldin's healthy, he is an obvious start, but with a lingering hamstring injury, it looks like I need to pick two from a McNabb-less DeSean Jackson, a gimpy Antonio Bryant, and a Roy Williams that gets the same number of looks as Patrick Crayton. I could also make a pitch for Devery Henderson, Donnie Avery, Nate Burleson or Louis Murphy on the waiver wire, but are any of them really upgrades?

Not great options, any help appreciated.

--------------------

10 team league, standard scoring

start: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR flex, TE, K, D

QB: Romo (6), C. Palmer (10)

RB: MJD (1), Brandon Jacobs (2), Slaton (3), McFadden (5), Cedric Benson (11), Hightower (15), LeSean McCoy (13)

WR: Boldin (4), Cowboy Roy Williams (7), DeSean Jackson (8), Antonio Bryant (9)

TE: Shockey (15)

K: Nate Kaeding (14)

D: J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! JETS! (12)

First off, incredible team! Stick with Slaton. He did so bad in week one, that it's worth forgetting. The entire Houston team is much, much better than that. I think the Jets D is just alot better than people thought! With your wr's it's gonna be a tough call all year. They are all pretty close in projections so it's gonna be hit and miss with them. Agreed on Boldin, obvious start when healthy. I wouldn't worry about picking up any FA's. There is nobody you mentioned that I would rather have over who you already have.

WR wise, I would simply go by match-up until one of them seperates themself from the others. This week I like DeSean Jackson. Even with a new QB I think he has the best chance of putting up great numbers.

Need help with the whole McNabb situation. QB on the WW are Cutler (recently dropped on waivers),

Edwards, Cassel, and Pennington. Drop McNabb for one of them? Or wait it out?

One more, LT, droop or keep and wait out? My bench RB's are Bradshaw and McGahee. Get somebody of the WW? or wait it out? thanks.

Thanks.

Need help with the whole McNabb situation. QB on the WW are Cutler (recently dropped on waivers),

One more, LT, droop or keep and wait out? My bench RB's are Bradshaw and McGahee. Get somebody of the WW? or wait it out? thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I like Edwards of those QB's. He has very good wr's around him, a good TE with potential and some excellent receiving RB's. The young OLine looked very good against NE.

Drop LT...what? Are we talking about Ladainian? If so, have no fear he'll be fine!

CUE...!!! here's my dilema...i got my azz handed to me last week ...,mainly because my wr's ....i'm #1 on the w.w. should i give up my spot & drop garcon or stucky for JOSH MORGAN (someone dropped him)???... ALSO...somebody wants to trade desean jackson for my julius jones ...???

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU.....i've read alot of your posts & you should be working for espn,cbs, etc.

MY STARTING TEAM

Rivers, Philip QB SD BAL

Gore, Frank RB SF SEA

Jones, Julius RB SEA @SF

Bennett, Earl WR CHI PIT

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. WR SEA @SF

Smith, Steve WR NYG @DAL

Folk, Nick K DAL NYG

Jets DST NE

MY BENCH BELOW

Palmer, Carson QB CIN @GB

Lynch, Marshawn RB BUF TB

Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SD BAL

Bryant, Antonio WR TB @BUF

Garcon, Pierre WR IND @MIA

Gonzalez, Anthony WR IND

Stuckey, Chansi WR NYJ@NE

Hi,

I normally don't post to any site very often but thought someone may be able to help me. My team under performed beyond belief last week (except for MJD and Gore) and I got waxed big time. I could really use some advice on what to do to tweak this team. My league uses a standard scoring format (non PPR).

QB: Matt Schaub

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Frank Gore

WR: Anquan Boldin, Wes Welker, Ted Ginn Jr

TE: Vernon Davis

K: John Carney

D: Pittsburgh

Bench:

Mark Sanchez, Willis McGahee, Jonathan Stewart, Patrick Crayton, Kevin Walter

I'm considering dropping Stewart, Walter, Ginn Jr and picking up some other help, mainly in the WR area. Any suggestions on what you think I need to do? Should I stick with what I have and pray that Week 1 was just a fluke or do massive surgery? I'd really appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you so much.

Wassup, Cuse. Kneading a start/sit over in my head. I think this has potential to evolve into a season-long Good Problem To Have, but for now it's this week that matters. So...I'm leaning towards Flacco vs. San Diego over Schaub vs. Tennessee, for a few reasons.

1) Poor history against Tennessee for Schaub. One awful game and one okay game last year. Similar personnel on both sides of the ball as there was then.

2) The Tennessee defense still looked good against Pittsburgh, although Roethlisberger did get his yards. Probably not a lot of points going Houston's way in this one.

3) The Ravens appear to be unleashing Flacco more, and the San Diego secondary looked average on Monday night.

4) Flacco looked Pro Bowl good on Sunday. Against the Chiefs, admittedly.

The items against:

1) The Ravens ran over 80 plays last week, which is unusually high. Flacco may not approach that many attempts too often this year.

2) The Titans looked solid against the run, which makes passing a ton almost a necessity. Caveated with the fact that Slaton was one of the few guys to solve their run D last year--twice.

3) Schaub has been a top-5 QB in points per game when he plays. He's playing.

What are your thoughts? Texans bounce back this week, or stymied as usual by the Titans?

CUE...!!! here's my dilema...i got my azz handed to me last week ...,mainly because my wr's ....i'm #1 on the w.w. should i give up my spot & drop garcon or stucky for JOSH MORGAN (someone dropped him)???... ALSO...somebody wants to trade desean jackson for my julius jones ...???

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU.....i've read alot of your posts & you should be working for espn,cbs, etc.

MY STARTING TEAM

Rivers, Philip QB SD BAL

Gore, Frank RB SF SEA

Jones, Julius RB SEA @SF

Bennett, Earl WR CHI PIT

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. WR SEA @SF

Smith, Steve WR NYG @DAL

Folk, Nick K DAL NYG

Jets DST NE

MY BENCH BELOW

Palmer, Carson QB CIN @GB

Lynch, Marshawn RB BUF TB

Tomlinson, LaDainian RB SD BAL

Bryant, Antonio WR TB @BUF

Garcon, Pierre WR IND @MIA

Gonzalez, Anthony WR IND

Stuckey, Chansi WR NYJ@NE

First thing I would not drop Stuckey for Morgan. I like Morgan, but I also like Stuckey. Stuckey could become Sanchez' go to guy. If he does that then his weekly production could become a strong WR2 play. Morgan is the 1A while Bruce is the 1B, throw in Crabtree may sign and Morgan's value will decrease as the season goes.

DeSean Jackson for Julius Jones. Yes I would make this trade. Jackson didn't do much outside of returning a punt for a TD, but he is the clear #1 in Philly. With his speed and quickness he only needs 3-4 catches a game to produce serious yardage and a TD or two. While Julius had a very good game, let's not forget the team he played against or the situation he was in. Hasselbeck was on and that really freed up Julius to have a great game. I do believe that Julius can have a solid year, but with you having Gore, LT and Lynch it enables you to let him go in search of a better option at WR. Your wr core isn't that bad by any means, but you definitly could upgrade it. Housh and Bryant are in line for solid years. Steve Smith and Bennett should both easily post career numbers. I'm really liking Bennett this year. It sucks for Gonzo, it's looking like 8 weeks. Garcon is a nice fillin, but watch out for Hank Baskett. The Colts will likely sign him.

Keep Stuckey, no Morgan. Trade Julius for DeSean.....those are my two thoughts!

Don't worry about one bad week, it's gonna happen to everyone. Your team looks fine.

Hi,

I normally don't post to any site very often but thought someone may be able to help me. My team under performed beyond belief last week (except for MJD and Gore) and I got waxed big time. I could really use some advice on what to do to tweak this team. My league uses a standard scoring format (non PPR).

QB: Matt Schaub

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Frank Gore

WR: Anquan Boldin, Wes Welker, Ted Ginn Jr

TE: Vernon Davis

K: John Carney

D: Pittsburgh

Bench:

Mark Sanchez, Willis McGahee, Jonathan Stewart, Patrick Crayton, Kevin Walter

I'm considering dropping Stewart, Walter, Ginn Jr and picking up some other help, mainly in the WR area. Any suggestions on what you think I need to do? Should I stick with what I have and pray that Week 1 was just a fluke or do massive surgery? I'd really appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you so much.

First off, don't ever let week one scare you if you do horrible. The only way you panic is if you have a first or second rounder go down with injury. Other than that, don't worry. It's a long season and it's okay if you have a couple players underperform in the opening week.

You do have a couple area's of concern. Ted Ginn and Vernon Davis. They have said they plan on getting Davis more involved this year, but they said that last year as well. He is definitly worth a roster spot, but keep your eyes open on some other guys. Robert Royal is a great canidate to breakout this year. The Browns like to use their TE's and Royal is the starter. He was thrown to 9 times in week one and I will guess he will get just as many looks this weekend.

Ted Ginn does not impress me one bit. In PPR leagues I like Davone Bess alot more than him. Bess fits the Phins system much more than Ginn. Ginn's abilities are not match for the offense or the quarterback. He's a nice guy to stretch the field, but the Phins don't try and stretch the field, so he's useless in that offense. There are numerous guys I'd rather have over Ginn. Who is available on your waiver wire?

Hang onto Stewart and Walter. Walter is a great TD target and I really think he'll post career numbers once he gets back on the field. Stewart is a great back who compliments DWill great. If DWill would go down and miss time then Stewart would be gold! Both are/were dinged up, so they didn't do anything week one, but they are both worthy of a roster spot.

It's hard to say who to go after without knowing who is there? Let me know who is there and I'll say who I think has the best outlook this year. In any regard, it's only week one. There is no massive reconstruction needed. There are just a few areas of concern. I don't care how good your team is there is always room for improvement. I would make some minor adjustments, but nothing major.

Wassup, Cuse. Kneading a start/sit over in my head. I think this has potential to evolve into a season-long Good Problem To Have, but for now it's this week that matters. So...I'm leaning towards Flacco vs. San Diego over Schaub vs. Tennessee, for a few reasons.

1) Poor history against Tennessee for Schaub. One awful game and one okay game last year. Similar personnel on both sides of the ball as there was then.

2) The Tennessee defense still looked good against Pittsburgh, although Roethlisberger did get his yards. Probably not a lot of points going Houston's way in this one.

3) The Ravens appear to be unleashing Flacco more, and the San Diego secondary looked average on Monday night.

4) Flacco looked Pro Bowl good on Sunday. Against the Chiefs, admittedly.

The items against:

1) The Ravens ran over 80 plays last week, which is unusually high. Flacco may not approach that many attempts too often this year.

2) The Titans looked solid against the run, which makes passing a ton almost a necessity. Caveated with the fact that Slaton was one of the few guys to solve their run D last year--twice.

3) Schaub has been a top-5 QB in points per game when he plays. He's playing.

What are your thoughts? Texans bounce back this week, or stymied as usual by the Titans?

I really like your attention to last year and this year. That is what puts you over the top in fantasy leagues. Knowing your history greatly helps figure out what is going to happen! Kudos to you for that!

A week ago I would have said this was an easy choice, Schaub in a landslide! However, with the awful performance by Schaub last week and the phenomenal performance by Flacco, that easy choice ain't so easy anymore! I would still put my trust in Schaub. Throwing to AJ and having Slaton as an outlet is an option I like alot more than what Flacco has. Mason, Clayton and company aren't slouches, but they don't have the explosiveness of AJ/Slaton. Even though Tennessee has a great defense I would still roll with Schaub. He could easily put up 300 yards and three TD's. Flacco has to put together a nice little string of games before I'm ready to jump on his bandwagon.

Again, great job on knowing past/present, I'm sure you'll make the right choice. You may not be 100% comfortable, but are we ever..lol.

Good luck!!

Cuse. You helped me out earlier in a thread with my team. I have a good team with no quarterbacks...but Hill and Leftwich didnt turn out to bad last week cause I ended up with about 155 points. I have a WR question. I have Fitz..Andre Johnson starting but on my WR/TE position should I put..Cotchery....Davery Henderson or Robert Royal in that position.

thanks

Hey Cuse, thanks in advance for any help.

I play in what I call the run & shoot league because it has WR/RB + WR/TE + 2 more WR.

Right now my last two in:

Steve Smith (NYG) - seems to get plenty of targets, esp w/ Nicks out

Torry Holt - West coast Cardinals in for early game will be focusing on MJD; he has to get a few more looks

Left on the bench:

Josh Morgan - doesn't get the looks Bruce does, but almost had a TD

Chris Henry - seemed out of gameplan, soon to change based on Coles drops

Kellen Winslow - his points came in garbage prevent time at the end

Donnie Avery - Awful Rams w/ bad matchup, but finally healthy

You like my logic, or would you swap in some bench guys?

Cuse. You helped me out earlier in a thread with my team. I have a good team with no quarterbacks...but Hill and Leftwich didnt turn out to bad last week cause I ended up with about 155 points. I have a WR question. I have Fitz..Andre Johnson starting but on my WR/TE position should I put..Cotchery....Davery Henderson or Robert Royal in that position.

thanks

Tough one there. Even though I like the way Royal was used in Cleveland and he has a favorable match-up vs Denver, I would rule him out. I will almost always put a wr ahead of a TE when possible.

Jerricho caught six of seven passes thrown his way. That will go a long ways toward building trust with Sanchez. When the QB knows that the wr will get almost everything thrown his way there are sure to be more passes thrown his way! Cotch plays against a great team in the Pats, but he has the ability to have a very good day.

Devery had an excellent day in New Orleans. With his speed he can post great days against anyone. He had over 100 yds on five catches.

I like Cotchery better vs the Pats over Devery vs the Eagles. The Eagles defense is better and I don't see Devery getting the big plays that he got in week one. Throw in the fact that the Saints spread the ball around alot. Henderson will split with Colston, Moore, Meacham, Shockey and Bush. Cotchery is the #1 in NY and should be the benefactor of 8-10 Sanchez passes.

I always look for the guy who is more solid and gives me the best chance for definite points. I think Cotchery offers that over the other two options.

GL!

Here go: Ronnie Brown and Bowe for Megatron? RB's on my WW include Faulk, Bush, Taylor, James Davis, and Charles. I would need to replace Brown with someone! See roster below and give your opinion. You seem to know your stuff :doublethumbsup:

Hey Cuse, thanks in advance for any help.

I play in what I call the run & shoot league because it has WR/RB + WR/TE + 2 more WR.

Right now my last two in:

Steve Smith (NYG) - seems to get plenty of targets, esp w/ Nicks out

Torry Holt - West coast Cardinals in for early game will be focusing on MJD; he has to get a few more looks

Left on the bench:

Josh Morgan - doesn't get the looks Bruce does, but almost had a TD

Chris Henry - seemed out of gameplan, soon to change based on Coles drops

Kellen Winslow - his points came in garbage prevent time at the end

Donnie Avery - Awful Rams w/ bad matchup, but finally healthy

You like my logic, or would you swap in some bench guys?

I'm with ya. Your logic makes sense and I agree for the most part. I have a better outlook on Winslow, but I like Smith and Holt more. The Bengals vowed to get Henry involved more, but even if they do he is still in a battle with Ocho, Coles, Caldwell. I don't see Henry becoming very consistant. Morgan and Avery are good guys to wait and see what happens. Keep an eye on their progress. They could turn into decent fantasy options or fizzle into the abyss.

I like your plan. Hopefully it works!!

Hello Cuse,

I'm with out the services of L.T. this weekend due to the ankle injury. I'm in a P.P.R. league. My options are Sproles vs. a tough Baltimore defense or McFadden playing at a weaker KC team. Any thoughts?

.5 ppr league

Benson or Hightower at RB2?

Driver, Holt, Clayton(bucs), Burelson at WR2?

Also, would you try to sell high on Hightower(I have wells)? I could use a better WR2

Cuse, I had M Bush penciled in as my flex and a back with upside as the year goes on. He seems to be the goal line back, but i'm worried about Cables comments about DMC will be the main back and either Bush or Fargas will be the 2nd back depending on the week. Someone dropped Norwood. Would you drop Bush for Norwood, or is this just the Norwood hype about more touches every year that never happens?

looks like mcnabb wont play so garrard vs ari or s hill vs seattle

thanks

Need a little help at the RB/WR position.

I have Ray Rice and Fred Jackson as my two RB's - should I start Vincent Jackson, Frank Gore, Ronnie Brown, or Cadillac Williams in the RB/WR position?

Also, Tony Gonzalez or Antonio Gates?

Thanks! :doublethumbsup:

Here go: Ronnie Brown and Bowe for Megatron? RB's on my WW include Faulk, Bush, Taylor, James Davis, and Charles. I would need to replace Brown with someone! See roster below and give your opinion. You seem to know your stuff :doublethumbsup:

Not a chance! Bowe for CJ is close, but add in Ronnie Brown, wow. This is a rip off trade bigtime. Brown will be an excellent RB1 once he gets going and Bowe is a good WR1. Plus, his fantasy playoff schedule is by far the best! There isn't a chance I would even consider making this trade.

As far as the waiver wire, keep your eye on Davis. If Lewis struggles and Davis is 100% he could turn into another Slaton.

DO NOT make that trade though, you lose BIG!

Hello Cuse,

I'm with out the services of L.T. this weekend due to the ankle injury. I'm in a P.P.R. league. My options are Sproles vs. a tough Baltimore defense or McFadden playing at a weaker KC team. Any thoughts?

I would really like to say Sproles, but McFadden vs KC is a very nice match up for him to have a breakout game. After watching the Raiders this past weekend I think they will realize that they have to find ways to run the ball more effectivly until Russell can calm down and be a respected passer. McFadden has the skills to be utilized in the running game as well as screens and other short passes. I think he could be in line for some very nice fantasy games over the next few weeks.

I would run with McFadden.

.5 ppr league

Benson or Hightower at RB2?

Driver, Holt, Clayton(bucs), Burelson at WR2?

Also, would you try to sell high on Hightower(I have wells)? I could use a better WR2

Benson! He should be in line for a very good season and be an excellent #2 for you. He's had a rough past, but I think he's realized that regardless of his skill, his issues won't be tolerated. Coming out of college he's had the skill, he simply lacked the heart and desire. It won't show up on stat sheets or box scores, but you can bank on Benson being straight laced and taking his "job" seriously which will lead to a prominent role in the fantasy world.

Your choice is not so easy at WR2. Burleson looked great, Driver is solid, Clayton looked very good and Bryant may be out and Holt isn't the Holt of 3-4 years ago, but none the less, he's Torry Frickin' Holt. All four have favorable match-ups so that won't help decide either! Regardless of how you stack them up it's a crapshoot to determine who is the best start. However, I'll give it a shot!

Michael Clayton plays at Buffalo. While it seems like he found his rookie magic, it's only one game. With Bryant possibly out it will make him the #1 which sounds great, but also means he'll draw better coverage. Let's wait a week or two and see how he performs before inserting him into your line-up.

Torry Holt gets the Cardinals at home. I like Garrards chances of bouncing back this week, but there's no gaurantee. With MJD he may not need to get the passing game going too much. They also have pretty good endzone targets which could eliminate Holt's TD chances. The Jags still need to find an identity in the passing game. Williamson, Walke and Holt need to find their roles so the passing game get going and Holt can become a more solid option. So, until they find that identity let's pass on Holt in week two.

Donald Driver is at home with the Bengals. Pretty easy match-up that the Pack should win running away. Key word was "running away" I would expect the Packers to get Grant involved early and often and salt this game away. The Bengals absolutely have a chance to turn this into a shootout, but I don't expect it. Driver should get 50-60 yards and possibly a TD, but I like the next choice the best.

Nate Burleson is a very good fit in the Seahawks system this year. One thing I think they need to do it establish the passing game early on. Hasselbeck needs to get into sinc with his weapons. The Niners defense will be much better with Singletery, but they still have alot of holes. Burleson is solid in all aspects of his game and has the ability to score anywhere on the field. While Housh is the teams #1, don't be surprized if Burleson puts up better numbers this year. I will predict by week four Burleson will be your easy choice at your second wr spot. He should be good for close to 100 and a TD this week.

As I said above, these four are close. I tried to nitpick to come to my conclusion. I feel Burleson is the best bet due to his ability and the what the Hawks need to get established.

Good luck on this one!!

looks like mcnabb wont play so garrard vs ari or s hill vs seattle

thanks

Garrard, no question. Then Niners are a run first team that will try to control the ball and clock by running the ball and using the pass simply as a tool to keep defenses honest and/or simply when need be. Even when "need be" we're still not sure Hill can get the job done. I was impressed with his game management in week one, but it was only one week. He has decent options at the skill positions and is definitly a guy that can become a respectable fillin, but I think Garrard is a better option at this point. Last week the Jags tried to throw more. Garrard's accuracy is the reason they were not successful through the air. Maybe it was timing, first game jitters....who knows. Garrard is mentally tough and will bounce back this week and put up decent numbers. Best case scenerio is the Cards and Jags get into a shootout and Garrard has a big day.

Neither QB is a safe play, but I believe Garrard has a better upside and will be in a game that has a better chance of putting up alot of points.

Need a little help at the RB/WR position.

I have Ray Rice and Fred Jackson as my two RB's - should I start Vincent Jackson, Frank Gore, Ronnie Brown, or Cadillac Williams in the RB/WR position?

Also, Tony Gonzalez or Antonio Gates?

Thanks! :thumbsdown:

Gonzo or Gates.

Both have their hands full with very good defenses, but I think Gonzo has a better oportunity this week. Baltimore is pretty good at shutting down opposing teams TE's. There were a few TE's last year that faired well against them, but for the most part they do a pretty good job at keeping them in check. On the flipside, the Panthers don't cover TE's that well. Gonzo should be a lock for 60 yards and a TD. I'm not into making gaurantees, but I will go out on a limb and gaurantee Gonzo finds the endzone this week.

Some great decisions at rb. Rice, Jackson, Gore, Brown, Caddy....wow! Regardless of which three you start, one of the two that you don't is bound to have a great game. I think the fantasy gods like to torture us that way! If you're set on Rice and Jackson then I would run with Gore as your #3/flex spot. I really like Ronnie Brown at home vs a Sanderless Indy D over Rice at SD, but that's just me.

Gore is the focal point of the Niners offense and doesnt' come out of the game for anyone at anytime. He's a great everydown back who brings alot to the table every week!