Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Cuse9's Help Thread

OK here's a trade in another league....

I get: Marques Colston and Antonio Gates

for

Calvin Johnson and Jeremy Shockey.

Yahoo scoring, 1 pt every 20, 6 for TDs....Rules state I can't keep Johnson next year, so getting Colston isn't a bad move, major upgrade to Gates over Shockey. Would give me Dustin Keller and Gates as my TEs

Hmmm....tough one. I like Colston and CJ about the same. Gates looks better than Shockey for sure and Gates got his old TE coach back which could mean his ascent back to the top of the TE list?!

I would say do the trade, only if you understand one thing. In giving up Calvin you are giving up the wr with the best hands, speed and size in the game. Personally I don't think he'll have near the great year that others are saying, but at the same time I can 100% understand why they think he will. He has every possible skill you want in a stud wr. His potential is endless. He is Larry Fitzgerald on steroids. The setback.....simply, he's a Detroit Lion. Stafford will struggle and CPepp isn't the CPepp from his glory days. So, if you make the trade I think you would end up with the better end of the deal by years end, but there is definitly a chance CJ goes for 1600+ yds and 15 TD's this year. Colston also gets nicked up, so that is in the equation as well.

I would make the trade though. First I would throw his name out in a few other trades that you don't think you can pull off though. Not "rip off" trade offers, but deal that you really like, but don't think the owner will go for it. When big names like Calvin Johnson gets offered, people listen and sometimes the jump before really thinking it through.

Hey Cuse,

I really appreciate the help that you have already given me in a few other leagues that I am in and i much appreciate it. I just drafted for my main/most competitive league last night. I had the 4th pick in this yahoo ppr league. We give 1pt per reception and 6pts for all forms of Tds except return tds those arent included. The rest of the scoring is standard yahoo scoring. Heres how my team breaks down.

Starters

QB:M.Ryan

RB:MJD

RB:M.Barber

WR:G.Jennings

WR:W.Welker

WR:B.Berrian

TE:J.Carlson

W/R:K.Moreno

W/R:F.Jones

K:R.Gould

D:P.Willis

D:M.Williams

LB:D.Ryans

LB:E.Sims

Bench:

QB:Big Ben

RB:J.Jones

RB:M.Lynch

RB;F.Jackson

RB:G.Coffee

WR:E.Bennett

WR:D.Bess

WR:P.Harvin

Im wondering a few things: I have a trade of Lynch and Jackson for rice and mccoy on the table what are your thoughts on this? Would you drop julius jones for edgerin James or danny ware? James davis got draft before I could take him I was planning on taking him over Jones. Finally would you drop any of my receivers for patrick crayton even though I already have a ton of players on bye in week 6, if so which WR?

thanks again for the help

Super job! I would not change a thing. You have a stellar line-up from top to bottom. Even your IDP's are very good. The only guy I don't like is Julius, but hell he's a starter and you are sitting very good at rb. I may not like Jones, but I do think he'll do better than most think. I would hold onto him. Only good things come from you hanging onto him. If he does great....great! If he doesn't, big deal.

I would not make the trade. I'm liking Rice more and more by the day, but the trade doesn't help you. It's a sideways trade. You are better off with both Lynch/Jackson that Rice alone. The only thing I would do it moniter the Phins wr situation. Bess is the best fit for that offense. He could become a nice target. If however he falls the #3 and isn't playing much, find someone like Laurent Robinson, Troy Williamson....someone who is starting and has bigtime potential.

You don't need to do a thing though, great team!!

Yesterday's draft results from the #2 hole, see sig for league settings...

1. M. Jones-Drew (RB)

2. P. Thomas (RB)

3. G. Jennings (WR)

4. R. Williams (WR)... not really happy here, Housh went 2 picks before this, probably should have taken Chad 85

5. M. Schaub (QB)

6. R. Rice (RB)

7. C. (Beanie) Wells (RB)... very nearly switched at last moment to B. Berrian but missed by a second

8. L. Evans (WR)

9. K. Walter (WR)

10. L. McCoy (RB)... (someone else's handcuff...)

11. A. Bradshaw (RB)... (someone else's handcuff...)

12. D. Keller (TE)

13. NYJ (DST)

14. J. Campbell (QB)

15. E. Graham (RB)

16. J. Carney (K)... kicking for New Orleans for 1st 4 weeks

How did I do? I went RB-heavy trying to stockpile upside. One TE and one DST OK for now? Worst part is Campbell, better choices went a little earlier than I thought. Here's what's left on waivers post draft at QB: S. Hill, P. White, B. Quinn, M. Bulger, K. Collins, J. Russell, T. Thigpen. Are any of these guys worth adding? Quinn, maybe? If so, what's the best drop? Does Campbell have any legitimate sleeper potential in his current backup role here. He and Redskins soph WRs Kelly/Thomas looked pretty good against NE the other day...

Steve

10 team .5 pt per reception league. Start 3 WR. Half of draft is complete, resumes next week.

So far I have

C. Johnson

A. Boldin

A. Gonzolez

K. Walter

I'm looking for my 5th WR to be a late rounder with the most upside. Which if any of these guys stand out?

Mark Bradley

Brian Robiske

Davone Bess

Jordy Nelson

Josh Morgan

Chaz Schilens

Miles Austin

Thanks!

I rank these like this:

Mark Bradley.....Darling tore ACL, just released Toomer.

Chaz Schilens

Davone Bess

Miles Austin

Josh Morgan

Jordy Nelson

Brian Robiskie...I'd rather have Massoquoi.

Personally, I'd look at some others that may be there.

Laurent Robinson of the Rams. I have not found a single negative word about him. I liked him last year and injury cut his season short. He's done nothing but impress so far this year.

Troy Williamson. He came into camp with a new attitude and earned the starting spot opposite Holt, could be a late round steal.

Malcom Kelly, Redskins. He's had a good camp and could upstage Randle El and Thomas become the #2. He's a great endzone threat!

Hey cuse,

just wanted to get your thoughts on a few more things:

1) does TO really affect lynch and jacksons value tha much in ppr leagues? I feel i got a steal by getting lynch in the 5th and jackson in the 10

2) what are your thoughts on kevin smith of the lions this year? I almost offered up lynch and jackson for him but your review talked me out of t but he is intriguing to me.

Finally cassel is on the WW in my league is he a big upgrade over big ben in your opinion.

thanks much

Hey Cuse - You either skipped me because you didn't like my question or overlooked me???? Either way, thought I would try one more time and if no answer, I will assume you don't want to mess with this one - and thats ok!

12 team auction league / start 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR ( or 1 RB 3 WR) 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF / .5 PPR the rest is pretty standard scoring.

I messed up this last Saturday at my draft and did not get my second WR that I needed. I would have had to overpay and the available #1 WR's went early in the draft and I chocked and held onto my $.

Anyways there is a guy that is weak at RB and he also has Randy Moss. I think I may have to somewhat overwhelm him to get Moss as he has a pretty good man crush on him. I am going to list the significant players on our rosters and then would like your opinion on potential trades or should I just hold.

His Team:

QB - Rogers, Campbell

RB - Reggie Bush, Hightower, Ray Rice

WR - Moss, Ward, Berrian, Holt, Hester

TE - Cooley, Olsen

My Team:

QB - Schaub

RB - Turner, Pierre, R Grant, D McFadden (all handcuffs besides Grants)

WR - Calvin, Cotchery, K Walter, J Morgan

TE - O Daniels, J Finley

Like I said, if I have a chance, I think I would have to overwhelm him with an offer. Worth noting, to keep Moss for next year he would cost $41 and to keep my backs would be Turner $16, Pierre $20, Grant $30, McFadden $35. I won the league last year and so I would rather go for it this year again, so if the deal is right I would move anyone necessary to get it done.

Would you even consider Turner for Moss?

10 team Yahoo standard scoring with DEF:

QB: Brady

RB: D'Angelo Williams

RB: Portis

RB: Addai

WR: Colston

WR: Vincent Jackson

WR: Braylon Edwards

TE: Winslow

K: Bironas

BN: Derrick Ward

BN: Shonn Greene (waiting to drop to add Knowshon Moreno on waivers)

BN: Derrick Mason

BN: Joe Flacco

BN: Troy Williamson (dropped Austin Miles to get this guy)

DEF: Philly

D: Vilma

DB: Gibril Wilson

DL: Peppers

BN Fletcher

Tell me what you think oh great one!

Last night i drafted Felix Jones and Mendenhall as 3 and 4 RBs. Today I realized that Bradshaw didnt get drafted. Should I drop one of those guys and get Bradshaw? Standard scoring system NON PPR. thx

Alot of questions go unanswered this time of year. Ask away in here and I'll answer every question. My answers are always mixed with facts and opinions. I may not always have the correct answer, but I'll definitly give you an answer that gives you something to think about! I've always had fun doing this in the past and look forward to having fun with it again. As with past years I simply ask that you keep questions inside the thread.

Ask away!

Need more details. Hines Ward or Derrick Ward? Which side are you giving up and what is the rest of your team? Is this a keeper league?

Without knowing that info, it's hard to answer. :wave:

Sorry about that, its Derrick Ward.

My team:

qb - Rodgers, Cassell

rb - MJD, Derrick Ward, Lendal White, Felix Jones, Buckhalter, Fargas

wr - Steve Smith, Mason, Holmes, Hixon, Camarillio

te - Carlson

k - Elam, Kris Brown

Def - Philly, Carolina

My keeper this year was Rodgers, and i traded my 1st round pick, 6th pick for MJD. So i started the draft with Rodgers and MJD.

He now offered to put in McCoy also, so i would have westbrooks backup.

This is what is offered now:

Welker, Westbrook, McCoy for

MJD, Derrick Ward(my team)

12 team yahoo keeper league with .25ppr and 6 points for all touchdowns.

Name Pick Needed to Keep

Philip Rivers - 12th

Roddy White - 7th

Eddie Royal - 16th

Lance Moore - 11th

My opinion, Moore is a definite no. So, that leaves the top three and I end up saying Rivers and Royal. What do you guys think?

Thanks Cuse9!

12 team yahoo keeper league with .25ppr and 6 points for all touchdowns.

Name Pick Needed to Keep

Philip Rivers - 12th

Roddy White - 7th

Eddie Royal - 16th

Lance Moore - 11th

My opinion, Moore is a definite no. So, that leaves the top three and I end up saying Rivers and Royal. What do you guys think?

Thanks Cuse9!

Royal is very easy. He should be an excellent wr this year, so a 16th for him, easy!

I would keep Roddy White with the other pick. I just think the QB position is alot deeper than the WR position. You can get a very good QB anywhere in the draft, you cannot get a very good wr anywhere in the draft. Based on depth, Roddy is worth alot more then Rivers. I know Rivers is only a 12th rounder, but Roddy is only a 7th and is alot more valuable than Rivers.

I say Royal and Roddy.

Last night i drafted Felix Jones and Mendenhall as 3 and 4 RBs. Today I realized that Bradshaw didnt get drafted. Should I drop one of those guys and get Bradshaw? Standard scoring system NON PPR. thx

I really like Bradshaw this year. I would definitly take him over either one. The upside of Felix Jones is great, so he is one I would definitly keep. Even though I like what Mendenhall brings to the table, it's not as much as Bradshaw. Last year Ward went over 1000 and was a respectable fantasy rb. There is nothing that says Bradshaw can't do the same.

I'd drop Mendenhall and pick up Bradshaw.

10 team Yahoo standard scoring with DEF:

QB: Brady

RB: D'Angelo Williams

RB: Portis

RB: Addai

WR: Colston

WR: Vincent Jackson

WR: Braylon Edwards

TE: Winslow

K: Bironas

BN: Derrick Ward

BN: Shonn Greene (waiting to drop to add Knowshon Moreno on waivers)

BN: Derrick Mason

BN: Joe Flacco

BN: Troy Williamson (dropped Austin Miles to get this guy)

DEF: Philly

D: Vilma

DB: Gibril Wilson

DL: Peppers

BN Fletcher

Tell me what you think oh great one!

Moreno wasn't drafted?!

There really isn't anything not to like about the team. Solid everywhere around. Judging from how good this team is I am going to assume there a couple really bad teams in this league. You did a great job with your IDP's as well. If this is a money league, I see cash in your future!!

Great job

Moreno wasn't drafted?!

There really isn't anything not to like about the team. Solid everywhere around. Judging from how good this team is I am going to assume there a couple really bad teams in this league. You did a great job with your IDP's as well. If this is a money league, I see cash in your future!!

Great job

Moreno was cut for McCoy

THanks, I thought I did pretty well. I feel better now you like it!

And it is a money league.

marion barber, pierre thomas, antonio bryant for chris wells, marshawn lynch, and roddy white. what do you think.

Wow, big trade!

First off I think it's a fair offer. It really depends on your outlook for the players. This might not make sense, but follow me....

I like the outlook of Wells, Lynch and White better than Barber, Thomas and Bryant. However, I would like going into the season with Barber, Thomas and Bryant. The Barber side offers you a little more security while the Wells side gives you a little higher potential. Neither side is a winner, neither side is a loser.

I am hesitant to pick a side, but I will. I'm gonna go 51% for Thomas, Barber and Bryant. I love the outlook for Wells this year and Roddy is a stud. Marshawn is good as well. The bottom line is three games out for Lynch, Wells is strictly potential, he's not even a solid bet to start let alone put up numbers. With Barber you a proven player who can definitly put up fantasy numbers. We know Thomas can produce as well. Although Bryant has a new QB, we know he can produce. There are more questions with the Wells trio. I am high on Wells, that's why it's such a tough decision.

Either way you go you could easily regret the decision by week six! By slightest of margins I'll take the more solid group with Barber and co.

I am considering trading for Brees in my PPR league, standard scoring, (int -1).

I was going to offer Schaub, P. Thomas and Hixon for Brees and Crabtree. If he doesn't bite on that, I was thinking of putting Steve Smith out there instead of Hixon. Do you think it is a good trade on my part?

His:

Brees, Drew NOS QB - 5

Stafford, Matthew DET QB - 7

Vick, Michael PHI QB (O) - 4

Hightower, Tim ARI RB - 4

Jones, Thomas NYJ RB - 9

McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB - 7

Slaton, Steve HOU RB - 10

Colston, Marques NOS WR - 5

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR (P) - 6

Driver, Donald GBP WR - 5

Owens, Terrell BUF WR (P) - 9

Bennett, Martellus DAL TE - 6

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE - 4

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK - 8

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def - 4

Giants, New York NYG Def

mine:

Cassel, Matt KCC QB (Q) - 8

Schaub, Matt HOU QB (P) - 10

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB - 10

Grant, Ryan GBP RB - 5

Smith, Kevin DET RB - 7

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB (Q) - 5

Ward, Derrick TBB RB - 8

Avery, Donnie STL WR (P) - 9

Bennett, Earl CHI WR - 5

Bess, Davone MIA WR - 6

Hixon, Domenik NYG WR - 10

Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 10

Smith, Steve CAR WR - 4

Carlson, John SEA TE - 7

Tynes, Lawrence NYG PK - 10

Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def

hey,

Should I trade Rivers for Rodgers? Does it change anything if I have DDriver on my team?

Thanks for your help.

I would trade Rivers and hang onto Rodgers. It comes down to weapons for me. Rodgers has Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson and Finley with Grant behind him. Rivers has Jackson, Chambers, Gates with LT and Sproles behind him. LT is a stellar goalline back, handoff. Grant is not a stellar goalline back, play action pass. Their schedules are pretty close and their playoff schedules are both pretty tough, so we can factor that out of the equation. However, Rivers will throw against Oakland and Nnamdi twice, Denver with Champ/Dawkins twice, that's not very apealing. You can run vs Denver and Oakland, but it's as easy to pass.

Rodgers has more playmakers and better players for long TD's if you league allows bonus points for long TD's. Both should be solid plays all year and both will most likely crack the top ten with no problems. Rodgers seems to have a better chance of cracking the top five over Rivers. It is a tough decision though, but Rodgers offers more...plain and simple.

the safer play would be to keep my team, but for some reason i am also comfortable starting mojo, ray rice, mega, roddy white, and eddie royal as my flex for the first few weeks. after 3 weeks. lynch would be my flex once he comes back at week 4. royal and chris wells would be my first rb/wr off the bench when injury/bye/better matchup.

what im seeing is mojo/barber/pierre thomas/calvin johnson/eddie royal vs. mojo/ray rice/marshawn lynch/calvin johnson/roddy white.

chris wells has so much upside. if he wins the featured back role, he's only a kurt warner or anquan boldin injury away from being a serious mid tier rb 2. but he's also an injury away from being on the waiver wire. he's a good matchup play since the cards have a favorable running schedule.

Hey Cuse - You either skipped me because you didn't like my question or overlooked me???? Either way, thought I would try one more time and if no answer, I will assume you don't want to mess with this one - and thats ok!

12 team auction league / start 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR ( or 1 RB 3 WR) 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF / .5 PPR the rest is pretty standard scoring.

I messed up this last Saturday at my draft and did not get my second WR that I needed. I would have had to overpay and the available #1 WR's went early in the draft and I chocked and held onto my $.

Anyways there is a guy that is weak at RB and he also has Randy Moss. I think I may have to somewhat overwhelm him to get Moss as he has a pretty good man crush on him. I am going to list the significant players on our rosters and then would like your opinion on potential trades or should I just hold.

His Team:

QB - Rogers, Campbell

RB - Reggie Bush, Hightower, Ray Rice

WR - Moss, Ward, Berrian, Holt, Hester

TE - Cooley, Olsen

My Team:

QB - Schaub

RB - Turner, Pierre, R Grant, D McFadden (all handcuffs besides Grants)

WR - Calvin, Cotchery, K Walter, J Morgan

TE - O Daniels, J Finley

Like I said, if I have a chance, I think I would have to overwhelm him with an offer. Worth noting, to keep Moss for next year he would cost $41 and to keep my backs would be Turner $16, Pierre $20, Grant $30, McFadden $35. I won the league last year and so I would rather go for it this year again, so if the deal is right I would move anyone necessary to get it done.

Would you even consider Turner for Moss?

I apologize for skipping your question. I don't intentionally skip questions. As I go along sometimes I simply miss them. There really isn't any question I won't answer, even if I'm not sure, I'll post my opinion and gives some facts to try and support my thoughts.

Anyway...Turner for Moss is a reasonable offer for both sides. The fact that Turner is so much cheaper is also very appealing for the Moss owner. If you get rid of Turner it leaves you with Grant, Thomas and McFadden, that's pretty good. I would offer up Turner for Moss and see where it goes. Moss will help out your weekly line-up tremendously. If he don't go for it go after another stud wr. You are thin there and could use the help. Jennings, White, Boldin, AJ......I'm not sold on Calvin, so you really need another stud wr if you want to repeat. Even if you get a younger guy with breakout written on him, DeSean, Royal...among some others.

Do not undersell Turner though. With your rb depth you should be able to pull of something.

Cuse, glad to see you're back this season. I really like your perspectives and analysis of ff lineups, rosters and who to start or sit. My question is pretty basic as I would like your input about who I should start consistently at my RB2 and WR2 positions. I currently have the follownig players:

RBs - MJD (full time starter), P. Thomas, D. Brown, L. Washington, C. Wells & J. Harrison

WRs - R. Moss (full time starter), Bowe, B. Marshall, K. Walter

Obviously, I am banking on rookie RB's to break out like they did last year as I have drafted 2 of them. I'm hoping that by mid season, one or both of them take over as starters for their squads but until then, I only see them as bye and/or injury fillers. I do like their potential, though as both are future NFL stars (too bad I'm not in a dynasty league). The RBBC in NO does scare me a bit but I am hoping P.Thomas resumes with the role he was playing late last season as the primary RB. As you can see, only one of my RB's is a full time 1st team RB, so I am a bit concerned about my backfield.

I'm not too thrilled about my WR2 position. I am uncertain about Bowe, particularly with the injury to Cassel, but I think the potential for upside with Bowe is there. I have been weary of Marshall all off season but considering he was still available in the 6th round, I had to take him. Even if he implodes and is suspended again, I feel that he's worth the chance in the 6th round.

Any advice or observations you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Just need confirmation from someone that this trade would do me no good and would more than likely be a poor decision. My first instict is that this trade sucks for me so if you think it's worth considering then that's what I need to hear...otherwise lemme know if you think I should reject it.

Standard scoring - double points for RBs receiving TDs

My RBs and WRs (start 2 of each)

LT

Gore

Rice

Sproles

R. Moss

Ochocinco

Walter

Gage

I've been offered LenDale White and Dwayne Bowe for my LT and Walter. While I think Rice has great potential to put up some good numbers this year, I'm far more comfortable with LT at this point, especially having Sproles as a backup. I don't feel as though I have a clear-cut #2 WR and will likely platoon Ochocinco/Walter until someone emerges. So as you can see I'm leaning toward rejecting this, just want some outside opinion. Thanks in advance.

Hey cuse,

just wanted to get your thoughts on a few more things:

1) does TO really affect lynch and jacksons value tha much in ppr leagues? I feel i got a steal by getting lynch in the 5th and jackson in the 10

2) what are your thoughts on kevin smith of the lions this year? I almost offered up lynch and jackson for him but your review talked me out of t but he is intriguing to me.

Finally cassel is on the WW in my league is he a big upgrade over big ben in your opinion.

thanks much

1) Owens in Buffalo: It absolutely affects their value in PPR leagues. Here is how it will go in Buffalo. Last year teams could stack the line vs Buffalo and let their corners cover Buff wr's one on one with a safety staying back for medium/deep routes. That left one safety to cover short routes and anything over the middle. This year that changes. TO will demand two guys. I corner can't cover him one on one. This where it opens things up for Lynch/Jackson and the TE. Owens will demand the attention of the corner and a safety. Lee Evans (playing the "stretch the field" role) will take a corner and another safety. This leaves screens and short dump off passes for Lynch/Jackson/Rhodes. It will affect their value in a positive manner. BTW, if you get a chance to watch "The T.O. Show", do it, it's pretty good.

2) The problem is going to be Stafford and the line. The Lions line is bad. When I say bad, that may be giving them too much credit. They did not address their guard needs in the off season so they can't run up the middle at all. This allows opposing LB's to play outside which eliminates the Lions ability to run outside. Combine all this and the play action pass is useless. They can't pass protect worth a hoot either. This is where I don't like Calvin Johnson. Stafford will look terrible because he's gonna hurry alot of his throws.

Kevin Smith: He's going to have to stay in and block which will negate his chances for receptions. In order for Stafford to be effective in the pass game, K. Smith must establish a running game....teams know this and they will stack the line to stop him and put pressure on the rookie QB. Smith is a very good back, but it's not going to matter if he doesn't have holes to run through. Throw in the fact that the Lions will likely be down alot in a hurry, his chances to run the ball will be fewer. I like Kevin Smith, but the Lions line negates anything positive. He can still be good regardless of the line. The Niners line is bad, but I expect Gore to do well?! That's just my take, others will vary.

3) Cassell is not an upgrade over Ben at this point. The chance that Cassell turns into Warner is there, but so far it's been nothing but negative from Cassell. He's having trouble beating out Croyle!! Throw in the fact that he's injured and it's not looking good for Cassell. The Steelers insist they will throw deep more often this year. Of course they say that every year, but this really could be the year. Ben has proved himself to be a passer. The Super Bowl drive proved he can move the ball with his arm and head. I think the Steelers will trust his instincts and let him air it out this year.

Cuse,

5th pick in a non-keeper, non-ppr pool. settings in my signature.

Who do I take?

Im thinking adp, mjd, turner, forte go in the top four; who would you rank in the next couple spots?

DeWill, Gore, SJax, Chris Johnson (personal fave)...?

thx man

I am considering trading for Brees in my PPR league, standard scoring, (int -1).

I was going to offer Schaub, P. Thomas and Hixon for Brees and Crabtree. If he doesn't bite on that, I was thinking of putting Steve Smith out there instead of Hixon. Do you think it is a good trade on my part?

His:

Brees, Drew NOS QB - 5

Stafford, Matthew DET QB - 7

Vick, Michael PHI QB (O) - 4

Hightower, Tim ARI RB - 4

Jones, Thomas NYJ RB - 9

McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB - 7

Slaton, Steve HOU RB - 10

Colston, Marques NOS WR - 5

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR (P) - 6

Driver, Donald GBP WR - 5

Owens, Terrell BUF WR (P) - 9

Bennett, Martellus DAL TE - 6

Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE - 4

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK - 8

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def - 4

Giants, New York NYG Def

mine:

Cassel, Matt KCC QB (Q) - 8

Schaub, Matt HOU QB (P) - 10

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB - 10

Grant, Ryan GBP RB - 5

Smith, Kevin DET RB - 7

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB (Q) - 5

Ward, Derrick TBB RB - 8

Avery, Donnie STL WR (P) - 9

Bennett, Earl CHI WR - 5

Bess, Davone MIA WR - 6

Hixon, Domenik NYG WR - 10

Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 10

Smith, Steve CAR WR - 4

Carlson, John SEA TE - 7

Tynes, Lawrence NYG PK - 10

Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def

You have adressed his need at RB, but broken up his Brees/Colston combo. Most likely he drafted Colston because he had Brees, so this will go into his thinking as well. "Not only am I trading Brees, but I'm breaking up my combo". Just as you like getting Brees, you can't like the thought of losing "double points" on Schaub/AJ TD's.

The fact of the matter is it's very hard to trade for Brees this year. Most people that draft him, take him as the first QB off the board. That said, they have high hopes for him putting up huge numbers. It will be hard to trade for them, because usually they give up alot to draft him. Your offer of Schaub/Thomas is fair, but may not be enough. Both of them are more potential than solid. Brees is about as solid as you'll find at any position.

I own Brees in my main league. He was one of my keepers. I would trade him if a stellar wr and very good QB (Schaub) was invvolved. My hesitation with Schaub is his heatlh. The biggest reason I would not trade him because I don't like losing certainty. He is certain to throw for 4000 and 30. Those are great numbers that will be hard to replace. I think you're on the right track, it's going to take two starters, at least, to pry Brees from an owners hands.

My suggestion is to offer up with what you think is reasonable and/or what you are comfortable losing. You are fine with Schaub, I like him alot this year. Don't sell the farm for him, but throw out a reasonable offer and see what happens?!

Cuse,

5th pick in a non-keeper, non-ppr pool. settings in my signature.

Who do I take?

Im thinking adp, mjd, turner, forte go in the top four; who would you rank in the next couple spots?

DeWill, Gore, SJax, Chris Johnson (personal fave)...?

thx man

Fifth pick overall you want a solid pick that will cancel out the opposing teams stud all year long.

With that you can cross off:

Steven Jackson. Can't stay healthy. You cannot lose your #1 pick and expect to cancel out the other teams #1 pick with a back-up RB/injury fillin.

I like Gore this year, but part of why I like him is his pass catching ability. Rule him out as well.

DeAngelo should come close to putting up his numbers from last year. He'll get you numbers running, receiving and TD's.

Chris Johnson will get you serious rushing yards and around 12-14 TD's.

Steve Slaton should get 1300 rush and 500 receive with 10+ TD's.

Ladainian Tomlinson, can't have a list without old faithful.

I would narrow it down to those four. Of the four DeAngelo seems to be the safest bet for a repeat of last year. You would think the Titans would throw more. Slaton will compete with AJ, Walter and Daniels for the ball. LT is older and will be used wiser.

You could also take the wide receiver route?! Andre Johnson, Randy Moss or Larry Fitzgerald are great choices. They are the elite three of the wr group and will not last to your next pick. Well, they shouldn't last til your next pick?!

I would seriously consider taking a QB in round two. With 6 points for all TD's and then 1 pt per 20, you get 15 points for a 300 yd game compared to 10 pts for a 100 yd game for rb/wr's. If you can get Brady/Brees in round two, you could get serious points from them compared to what else will be there.

So, DeAngelo is my pick for #5, but in all seriousness, you have some excellent choices there. I wouldn't hesitate to take a wr with that pick.

Sorry about that, its Derrick Ward.

My team:

qb - Rodgers, Cassell

rb - MJD, Derrick Ward, Lendal White, Felix Jones, Buckhalter, Fargas

wr - Steve Smith, Mason, Holmes, Hixon, Camarillio

te - Carlson

k - Elam, Kris Brown

Def - Philly, Carolina

My keeper this year was Rodgers, and i traded my 1st round pick, 6th pick for MJD. So i started the draft with Rodgers and MJD.

He now offered to put in McCoy also, so i would have westbrooks backup.

I picked Fred Jackson in the late rounds and have Jonathan Stewart as my #2, AP #1, do I go after Marsh Lynch to pair up with Jackson in case Stewart stays injured

I could get Lynch for Mccoy and Charles the other team has LJ

I'm not sure what's going on with Welker now. They say he's out for game one. Definitly stay away from that deal.

I've thought hard about the deal. I don't like it. I think you're better off with what you have even though it's a very good idea to get McCoy.

I'm not sure what's going on with Welker now. They say he's out for game one. Definitly stay away from that deal.

I've thought hard about the deal. I don't like it. I think you're better off with what you have even though it's a very good idea to get McCoy.

Thanks alot for the input Cuse. I appreciate your time and effort.

Cuse,

I think you missed mine but with all the posts you get, I'm not surprised. Please see below.

Thanks in advance!

Cuse, glad to see you're back this season. I really like your perspectives and analysis of ff lineups, rosters and who to start or sit. My question is pretty basic as I would like your input about who I should start consistently at my RB2 and WR2 positions. I currently have the follownig players:

RBs - MJD (full time starter), P. Thomas, D. Brown, L. Washington, C. Wells & J. Harrison

Obviously, I am banking on rookie RB's to break out like they did last year as I have drafted 2 of them. I'm hoping that by mid season, one or both of them take over as starters for their squads but until then, I only see them as bye and/or injury fillers. I do like their potential, though as both are future NFL stars (too bad I'm not in a dynasty league). The RBBC in NO does scare me a bit but I am hoping P.Thomas resumes with the role he was playing late last season as the primary RB. As you can see, only one of my RB's is a full time 1st team RB, so I am a bit concerned about my backfield.

I'm not too thrilled about my WR2 position. I am uncertain about Bowe, particularly with the injury to Cassel, but I think the potential for upside with Bowe is there. I have been weary of Marshall all off season but considering he was still available in the 6th round, I had to take him. Even if he implodes and is suspended again, I feel that he's worth the chance in the 6th round.

--------------------

QB: Rodgers, Campbell, Bulger

RB: MJD, P. Thomas, B. Wells, L. Washington, D. Brown, J. Harrison

WR: R. Moss, D. Bowe, Marshall, Walter

TE: Cooley, H.Miller

DEF: Ravens, Buccaneers

K: Mason, Reed

I have a couple teams interested in making a trade. I'm in a 12 team PPR league. QB TD's are 4 pts.

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF/ST

My Team

QB - Eli Manning, David Garrard

RB - Steve Slaton, Darren McFadden, Ray RIce, Donald Brown, LeRon McClain

WR- Larry FItzgerald, Chad Ochocinco, Antonio Gates, Lance Moore, Domink Hixon, Davone Bess

K - Jason Elam

Def - Houston, Cinncinati

I've been offered a terrible trade already of

Carson Palmer and Jordy Nelson for McFadden

ANother trade includes Ben Roethlisberger for Ray Rice

I dont know if I should try and counter the trade for Palmer or make the Trade for Roethlisberger.

The Team with Palmer

QB McNabb, Palmer

RB-Tomlinson, Thomas (NO), Benson, Wells, Jackson(BUF)

WR-Smith (CAR), Edwards, Avery, Coles, Austin, Schilens, Nelson

The Team with Roethlisberger

QB-Schaub, Roethlisberger

RB-Brown, Johnson(KC), White, Charles, James(SEA), Morris

WR-Johnson (HOU), Johnson (DET), Gonzalez (IND), Clark, Harvin, Morgan

I would trade Rivers and hang onto Rodgers. It comes down to weapons for me. Rodgers has Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson and Finley with Grant behind him. Rivers has Jackson, Chambers, Gates with LT and Sproles behind him. LT is a stellar goalline back, handoff. Grant is not a stellar goalline back, play action pass. Their schedules are pretty close and their playoff schedules are both pretty tough, so we can factor that out of the equation. However, Rivers will throw against Oakland and Nnamdi twice, Denver with Champ/Dawkins twice, that's not very apealing. You can run vs Denver and Oakland, but it's as easy to pass.

Rodgers has more playmakers and better players for long TD's if you league allows bonus points for long TD's. Both should be solid plays all year and both will most likely crack the top ten with no problems. Rodgers seems to have a better chance of cracking the top five over Rivers. It is a tough decision though, but Rodgers offers more...plain and simple.

Hey,

another part to my trade. He says he probably not give me Rodgers unless I sweeten up the deal a bit. He suggested QB/WR for QB/WR. I was thinking about giving him Dwayne Bowe for Colston. Is that deal worth it? He doesn't have a very deep bench either and his other starting WR's are Owens and Ochocinco, and i'm not very big on either of them.

Thanks for your help.

Cuse,

I think you missed mine but with all the posts you get, I'm not surprised. Please see below.

Thanks in advance!

--------------------

QB: Rodgers, Campbell, Bulger

RB: MJD, P. Thomas, B. Wells, L. Washington, D. Brown, J. Harrison

WR: R. Moss, D. Bowe, Marshall, Walter

TE: Cooley, H.Miller

DEF: Ravens, Buccaneers

K: Mason, Reed

You pretty much answered your own question. At RB you should go with MJD and Thomas. They are the feature backs and there is no reason to toy around with Wells and/or anyone else until they give you reason. Washington is no more than a bye week fillin and Harrison is nothing unless Lewis goes down. Brown is a very interesting one. I'm pretty high on him, but I'm guessing it's rbbc until Addai gets hurt or Brown is simply too good not to give him the bulk of the carries. With him it will definitly be one to wait on. Keep track of his catches, ypc and when he is getting the majority of his yards. Brown and Wells both will have a great shot to be solid fantasy performers down the stretch. Even if they are both very good, they may not be better than Thomas or Jones!

I'd run with Moss and Bowe. Bowe was simply given a "message" by coach Haley when he put him on the third team. There is too much talent there not to be in the starting line up. He should post great numbers under Haley. Marshall....ugh, where to start?! I've said all along I expect him to be in a Jets uniform at some point. Until we know what is going on with him, keep him on the bench. I do agree, a sixth rounder...why not? Walter is an excellent bye week fillin right now, he may prove to be a solid starter. The potential is there.

You should feel very good about your RB situation. Two studs and a couple great back-ups. Bowe is a good #1, he's a stellar #2. Have no fears, your squad and starters are fine.

Hey,

another part to my trade. He says he probably not give me Rodgers unless I sweeten up the deal a bit. He suggested QB/WR for QB/WR. I was thinking about giving him Dwayne Bowe for Colston. Is that deal worth it? He doesn't have a very deep bench either and his other starting WR's are Owens and Ochocinco, and i'm not very big on either of them.

Thanks for your help.

Bad deal IMO, I'd rather have Colston over Bowe. I really like Bowe, but not as much as Colston.

I have a couple teams interested in making a trade. I'm in a 12 team PPR league. QB TD's are 4 pts.

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF/ST

My Team

QB - Eli Manning, David Garrard

RB - Steve Slaton, Darren McFadden, Ray RIce, Donald Brown, LeRon McClain

WR- Larry FItzgerald, Chad Ochocinco, Antonio Gates, Lance Moore, Domink Hixon, Davone Bess

K - Jason Elam

Def - Houston, Cinncinati

I've been offered a terrible trade already of

Carson Palmer and Jordy Nelson for McFadden

ANother trade includes Ben Roethlisberger for Ray Rice

I dont know if I should try and counter the trade for Palmer or make the Trade for Roethlisberger.

The Team with Palmer

QB McNabb, Palmer

RB-Tomlinson, Thomas (NO), Benson, Wells, Jackson(BUF)

WR-Smith (CAR), Edwards, Avery, Coles, Austin, Schilens, Nelson

The Team with Roethlisberger

QB-Schaub, Roethlisberger

RB-Brown, Johnson(KC), White, Charles, James(SEA), Morris

WR-Johnson (HOU), Johnson (DET), Gonzalez (IND), Clark, Harvin, Morgan

I think you are fine at QB. Garrard is a very under rated fantasy QB. The only area I would want to address is defense. You have good depth at rb and wr that will come in handy throughout the year. No need to unload Rice. He has great potential this year. Roeth isn't an upgrade over Eli or Garrard. Why give up a guy with potential to have a 1200 yd season for a QB with the same abilities as the two you already have.

If you can somehow pull AJ/CJ/Smith...have at it, but they'll want too much and you don't need them.

I'd be content with what you have for now. You did a good job drafting, don't get antsy and screw it up!! :unsure:

Bad deal IMO, I'd rather have Colston over Bowe. I really like Bowe, but not as much as Colston.

So don't give him Rivers/Bowe for Rodgers/Colston?

Once again, thanks for your insight.

Is it too early to panic on Orton? I took Orton as a backup to Rodgers, but am starting to consider a few WW options..

Campbell

Russell

Hill

Collins

Bulger

Leftwich

Derek Anderson (since Mangini hasn't named a starter yet as far as I can tell)

What do you think? Anyone worth grabbing?

Thanks!