Sign in to follow this  
idiotec

Draft complications

I run a league with friends and I am trying to figure out the best way to handle the draft. We like doing a live off line draft, however, there are two people in the league that live thousands of miles away and cannot make it. Last year we had them on speaker phone but we had a hard time hearing on both ends and it caused some problems. We use ESPN's fantasy site.

Any thoughts on how we can best handle this? What would be nice is if we could log draft picks on one computer from the live draft, and the people not present could see the draft picks and pick online, but I am not sure if that is possible.

Any suggestions appreciated.

can they log into MSN or Yahoo Messenger?

We did this for a hockey draft I was in last year and it worked just fine. Keep someone at the computer in the draft room and have a running online commentary on who got picked so they can update their own draft boards, and it should be fine.

I run a league with friends and I am trying to figure out the best way to handle the draft. We like doing a live off line draft, however, there are two people in the league that live thousands of miles away and cannot make it. Last year we had them on speaker phone but we had a hard time hearing on both ends and it caused some problems. We use ESPN's fantasy site.

Any thoughts on how we can best handle this? What would be nice is if we could log draft picks on one computer from the live draft, and the people not present could see the draft picks and pick online, but I am not sure if that is possible.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Do ESPN leagues have a draft room?

I use sportsline and we have about 4 guys from out of the area that cannot attend the draft. I just use the draft room and enter all the picks from the local guys as they are made. They other guys drafting on-line make their picks in the draft room and we put it on our draft board. The draft room makes it pretty easy to handle.

I use sportsline and we have about 4 guys from out of the area that cannot attend the draft. I just use the draft room and enter all the picks from the local guys as they are made. They other guys drafting on-line make their picks in the draft room and we put it on our draft board. The draft room makes it pretty easy to handle.

:clap:

I've done that every year. It's always worked out pretty well, and all of the rosters are updated right away.

We have a guy who lives far away that got an eye camera and runs through a computer. We plug our computer into a speaker and its like he's in the room. A bit of a higher tech solution but we have a guy who is a Tech Director for his company in our league. Which helps for this stuff.

We always do an in person draft. Golf in the morning for the league, then draft, then bar hopping. Its better than Christmas!

got an eye camera and runs through a computer.

An eye camera? A camera that goes in your eye? Or replaces your eye? Like Terminator? :pointstosky:

Literally every league I am in (4 football, one each in hockey baseball and basketball) involves some people in person and others on MSN Messenger. Basically one person at the live draft who is not already recording the picks acts as the messenger person and IMs the picks as they are made, then tells the live group what the remote owners are picking. Very simple.

This is exactly what I was picturing, just not sure if it is possible on ESPN.

messenger works.. or a web cam. nothing beats having everyone there but these are the best alternatives.... constant cell phones calls or speaker phone sucks.

We use an AIM chatroom.

You could use skype if both sides have webcams.