Sign in to follow this  
Larry David

Portis or Gore in a Keeper League

Real easy question. I have a chance to get Portis or Gore in a keeper league trade. The amount I'm giving up would be the same for either guy. Who do I go with?

Real easy question. I have a chance to get Portis or Gore in a keeper league trade. The amount I'm giving up would be the same for either guy. Who do I go with?

As you said, its a real easy question, why does it need asking?? (Gore)

As you said, its a real easy question, why does it need asking?? (Gore)

Although it's a keeper league I'm concerned more with their value over the next 2-3 years and I've noticed that, in many pre-season rankings, Portis is ranked higher than Gore for the upcoming season. That's why I don't think it's a slam-dunk.

Although it's a keeper league I'm concerned more with their value over the next 2-3 years and I've noticed that, in many pre-season rankings, Portis is ranked higher than Gore for the upcoming season. That's why I don't think it's a slam-dunk.

I had not seen portis ranked higher than gore anywhere... I would definitely go with gore as well even if i had :thumbsdown:

I'm pretty high on both of these guys because they are the unquestioned feature backs on their team....a rarity these days. Having said that, I'd make the move for Gore. San Francisco plays a slightly easier (but quite similar) schedule to the Redskins and has the all important week 16 matchup vs Detroit. I also think Gore is less risky due to his status as the feature offensive weapon on a run-first team.

It's a close call and they are both in the bottom half of my top 10 but in the end I'd go with Gore.

Well I havent seen too many rankings that have Portis above Gore, not even for JUST this year. But Portis and the Redskins are most likely on the downswing, while Gore is still in his prime, and S. Hill actually played well as their QB. And they got rid of Martz, and brought in an OC (?) who is tremendously dedicated to running the ball.

I like gore as well out of these two.

I am seriously torn between Gore and Slaton in a keeper league. I change my mind everyday! Its Slaton as of now...any thoughts?

I like gore as well out of these two.

I am seriously torn between Gore and Slaton in a keeper league. I change my mind everyday! Its Slaton as of now...any thoughts?

Slaton in a keeper league by a mile.

LOL That's the only flaw I see in this site. Switched the players and everything is perfect.