Sign in to follow this  
mterui

PPR Keeper League - MBarber or RWayne?

PPR Keeper League - We can keep 2

I'm definitely keeping SJax.

I have Barber on my team, or I can trade a really low pick for Wayne. (I would just be switching spots in the 8th, so I would pick one or two spots later. Basically free)

If I did that I don't think I could get anything for Barber, no one is really trading to much.

Would be nice to have an RB and WR to start off with.

What do you guys think?

It would be interesting to know where you would pick and who would be available. Absent this, I think Wayne is the better option. Too crowded in the Dallas backfield to hang your hat on Barber, but it's pretty close. I don't think you can really mess this one up.

Tailbacks are harder to come by. Keep Barber and take advantage of the deep pool or WRs.

How do you guys think Barber will do this year? I guess he could find his sweet spot in a RB duo like he had w/Julius Jones.

Easy -- Wayne. Top 10 WR, maybe top 5, for as long as Peyton is throwing him the football.

Tiki retired two years ago.

*cough*

I think MBIII has top 10 potential, emphasis on *potential*...with Wayne, I'm much more confident with my projection. Given you have SJAX already, you could look a lot of different ways with your first pick, whereas if you kept two RBs you are virtually locking yourself into a WR (or maybe QB, assuming one of the top 5 somehow makes it to you)...

I took barber in my dynasty league but in this situation Wayne may be the way to go since you will be ensured a top 5-10 WR this year.

Like Wayne here since you have Jackson already. With only 24 players being kept, there will probably be some great guys still around early, and you probably just want the best player available at #8 without feeling like you have to reach for a certain position. The hard-to-nail-down RBBC in Dallas also makes Barber one of the riskier backs for this year in terms of how high his upside goes, and I'd likely be wary about pairing him with the riskiest back of them all as my 1-2 punch. I'd definitely be wary about burning a keeper slot to achieve that.

Take Wayne.

As a Cowboy fan I love Barber but he wont be as productive this year with so many backs sharing the rock.

Just noticed that Steve Smith may be on the trade block, too. Wayne or SSmith? I like cheering for Wayne more (I live in Indiana). Need an unbiased perspective!

Just noticed that Steve Smith may be on the trade block, too. Wayne or SSmith? I like cheering for Wayne more (I live in Indiana). Need an unbiased perspective!

I have S. Smith in the tier above Wayne. I would get SS if possible. If not, take Wayne and watch him every week.

GO COLTS!!!