Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Twitter for FF Updates?

Has anybody found any really good wire service on Twitter that provides short updates rather than just an incomplete sentence and a link to their site? Trying to find something that I can read from my phone while at games that won't require navigating to non-mobile friendly web sites.

Also - is there a good list anybody has found of NFL players on Twitter?

not really but CBS is doing this live update thing from all the training camps. They give little 1-2 sentence blurbs about players and what going on during camp. You can sort them by team. Its actually pretty cool.

Yeah I would be thrilled if I could get updates like, "65 yard TD Chris Johnson" or something as simple as that...

Thanks for the suggestion Dan. If there's other types of twittter updates you would like to see or might find useful, your suggestions are welcome.

The balance is in making sure it doesn't become overload/spam, so I'd probably rather not see "65-yard TD" types of updates. My main thinking was to be able to see updates on injury situations like "Brady warmed up, will start game". That allows me to maybe shuffle my line-up before his game begins, but while I'm in the parking lot tailgating.

Also would be good to see updates during the week. " Adrian Peterson MRI negative, questionable for Sunday", or "Brandon Marshall suspended 2 wks". All stuff that is directly applicable to fantasy football. I can get the scoring stuff elsewhere. What is missing is a condensed feed containing updates that are actionable and might change my line-up.

I think the guideline to make it useful would be to limit to about 10 tweets per day. Otherwise it tends to dominate the news feed.

Great idea guys. Maybe send out injury notes too? "Westbrook twists knee, out for game" type thing? Not that Westbrook would ever miss time. :wave: Either way, this would be great. Another way to annoy the wife with FF.

That's a great plan, Michael . That's fockin' ingenious, if I understand it correctly. It's a Swiss fockin' watch.

I mean for Sundays, it would be sweet to get scoring updates. If you can't watch all the games, you'd still have some idea how your week was going.

Seriously for you guys looking for semi-live camp updates on players, position battles, injuries and generally how practices are going, check out CBS Sports.

Im really loving the updates. Its the "Rapid Updates" at the top of each general football and team page.

example: 5:26:31 pm The red-zone drill was a different story for the Cards' first-team offense. On four series, QB Kurt Warner tossed four TDs to four different receivers: WRs Anquan Boldin, Jerheme Urban, Larry Fitzgerald and TE Ben Patrick.