Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

Why do people have their drafts this early?

I can definitely see where RoadLizard is coming from. We have a guy in our league that's not coming to the draft this year because his wife won't let him. The draft was on his calendar over a month ago and within the last 2 weeks she told him they have another obligation they need to attend (a wedding for people they barely know). She's hoping he just won't play FF because he spends Sunday's watching football.

The rest of the owners are so annoyed that he doesn't have the balls to say, "I've had this planned for 6 weeks and it's the only thing I do with the guys all year." We are considering kicking him out if he pulls it next year. We want comitted owners.

Awe man... I have relatives about an hour outside Vegas in Carson City. Were going there next year for a visit.

Thanks anyways, Bert. :pointstosky:

I usually do a trip in Jan, a couple in the summer and one in Oct-Dec.

Absolutely agree,however,I joined a league that has an interesting twist to this.You still draft the Saturday before opening Sunday and can count any Thursday player stats if you draft Thursday players.At first I didn't like it but after doing it a few years it can add some twists to the draft when you get an owner who changes his strategy based on a lower ranked player having a good outing which may end up being the player's best game of the season.

We've ended up having to set this Saturday as our draft date and I am whole-heartedly praying that this happens. Let's go Len Whale and Holmes!

Are you retarded? These are people flying in from all around the country for this golf tournament, no one is flying across country for a FF draft.

You're an idiot.

I've done that.

I've done that.

I've had owners in a league do it too.