Sign in to follow this  
Kent

How are Singletary and Crabtree going to co-exist.

Singletary is old school. You think he's had issues with Vernon Davis...wait til he gets a load of Crabs.

I wonder if Crabtree sees the field much the first 3 weeks, if at all.

Is he undraftable right now? Waiver fodder?

In re-draft leagues, I believe he is undraftable.... at least among knowledgeable fantasy owners. That said, AntSports has his ADP among people who mocked in the last 7 days at 10.05 vs 12.08 for Josh Morgan. FantasyFootballCalculator has his ADP at 8.05 vs 11.08 for Morgan.

I've got Morgan at 10.08 and Crabtree is not on my board at all. It is being predicted that Crabtree's holdout may go right down to the start of the season. I did not have him for significant production this year to warrant h9im in my 1st 8 rounds even if he had non been a hold-out. He hasn't had the SF playbook in his hands except during OTA's (they made everyone return the playbooks when the OTA was completed. So don't even expect him on the field to any significant degree in the 1st month of the season, unless he gets his butt into camp NOW - which ain't gonna happen..

Brandon Jones S.F. acquired WR this offseason - - already out for a long while

Isaac Bruce and his wooden cane will be leading the offensive charge at WR #1 - even defense coordinator Jocstrap would not fear this. Man coverage is my call on Bruce every single play.

(Rotoworld) 49ers slot receiver Jason Hill has appeared "lost in the shuffle" so far at training camp.

Analysis: Dominique Zeigler and Arnaz Battle are making more plays. A slight third-year leap was expected from Hill, but he risks falling down the pecking order with the Niners' increased depth at wideout. Hill should still make the team.

Jocstrap's take - this is why they drafted Crabtree in the first place. Coach Singletary has to be p!ssed and is just waiting until he can get his hands on Crabtree once signed. Pitbull vs a rich ass poodle. This will be a brutal boot camp for both parties at first. Is Crabtree coachable or willing to be coached? How about his work ethic? These I just haven't heard the rumors about - so I can't judge. Crabtree has continued to slide steadily down my list over the summer. This can't be good for any rookie WR. WR #4 or later for me in my upcoming drafts. My gut is red flagging my brain in a redraft. An orange flag in an auction, still green in a dynasty

His "peeps" are doing him no help!

The posse is giving him some bad advice & this doesn't just hurt him for this year, as Singletary won't forget this snub to his team. Glad I didn't draft him as it would be a wasted pick for this year...

don't know much about him, so this is outside looking in. Two things, holdouts by rookies are typically more agent driven then player driven. No doubt Crabtree wants to get out there and would probably sign something close just to do it, agent wants to net the top possible contract so that next year he can woo incoming seniors to sign with him. Can't put the blame on crabtree (entirely). Also, Singletary is definitely old school and a hard ass and I respect that. But he also is a former player and should know how things are done. I think he gives Crabtree a (very) little leeway with this. But like you said, I think its gonna be a brutal couple of weeks for the second WR drafted this year. As far as fantasy is concerned, I'm in a limited (2-man) keeper and I am staying away.

this guy is ruining the early part of his career.

he was already a player who had not demonstrated anything recently as far as combine, scouting visists, or pro day due to injury [his last meaningful action against sec corners he posted 4/25], drafted purely on college stats.

he has not been learning to become a pro receiver---deal with nfl jam/bump coverage, deal with nfl corners on him all over the field, deal with the speed of the nfl defenders. this lost time and wasted/broken learning curve are severely hampering him.

[what will lost time/wasted learning opps do for you?? jamarcus russell in preseason-yr3 looks like matt ryan and joe flacco---week5-yr1. <_< :bandana: ]

crabtree= :overhead: :music_guitarred:

[singletary] "cant play with 'em.....cant coach with 'em....cant win with 'em...." :thumbsup:

Overrated Punk WR... He wont be able to do what he did in the Big12, as most corners in the NFL will be as physical as he is or more. He wants to get paid now, because he knows he's gonna suck.

If he doesn't report to camp before Sep., Singletary wont play him ALL YEAR! And you can bet your sweet little ass he will be the whipping boy on the scout team for most of that time.

Personally, I hope he sits out the year and then doesn't get drafted until the 2nd round next year.

Everyone seems to forget that Singletary was a holdout as a rookie. I don't think he is too upset with Crabtree in that regard, to a point. I do not think that he will put up with any prima donna crap from Crabs once he signs though.

Being a hold out is one thing... holding out and basing your value on sh!t that didnt happen is quite another.

Being a hold out is one thing... holding out and basing your value on sh!t that didnt happen is quite another.

Yes, and that is his problem.

don't know much about him, so this is outside looking in. Two things, holdouts by rookies are typically more agent driven then player driven. No doubt Crabtree wants to get out there and would probably sign something close just to do it, agent wants to net the top possible contract so that next year he can woo incoming seniors to sign with him. Can't put the blame on crabtree (entirely). Also, Singletary is definitely old school and a hard ass and I respect that. But he also is a former player and should know how things are done. I think he gives Crabtree a (very) little leeway with this. But like you said, I think its gonna be a brutal couple of weeks for the second WR drafted this year. As far as fantasy is concerned, I'm in a limited (2-man) keeper and I am staying away.

Well, as long as Crabtree is not able to play due to the injury, I'm sure the agent sees no harm in holding out.

Although Crabtree should be studying the playbook whether he plays or not.

either way, I wouldnt worry about Crabtree yet. if it's halfway though the exhibition season and he's still holding out, then his chances of makinig an immediate impact would be rather slim.

This is why I said that the 49ers team is a fantasy wasteland. Gore gets drafted way too early every year and its always the same: Where are the focking TDs? And, their WRs are lame at best along with their QB. Plus, they have a coach who is more interested in discipline and teaching "lessons" than winning or generating stats so guess what?

Stay away. Crabtree is undraftable. Even if he signs he'll get benched mid-game for looking at Singletary the wrong way. That team and the whole Singletary coaching style is a disaster waiting to happen. :thumbsdown:

In fact I beleive he held out of camp twice during his career.

Well, as long as Crabtree is not able to play due to the injury, I'm sure the agent sees no harm in holding out.

Although Crabtree should be studying the playbook whether he plays or not.

either way, I wouldnt worry about Crabtree yet. if it's halfway though the exhibition season and he's still holding out, then his chances of makinig an immediate impact would be rather slim.

He doesn't have a playbook. It gets yanked after OTAs.

I don't think it will matter. If the Niners don't go .500 this season. Singletary will be gone. So I think he will be gone because the Niners won't win more than 6 games this year.