Sign in to follow this  
slestack11

Larry Johnson?

It's been two bad seasons in a row for Larry Johnson and I think this year is make or break for him. What do you guys think he will do this year? On the negative side, he's on one of the worst offenses in the NFL so it will be difficult for him to find any running room. On the flip side, Tony Gonzalez bolted town and LJ is the only option in the red zone now. Depending on how well Cassell moves the ball, LJ might get lots of easy TD's.

I drafted LJ as an RB3. While I don't expect old LJ numbers from him, with the limited passing options and Cassell's health I expect the Chiefs to run the ball pretty frequently and use LJ as a battering ram.

i think LJ is a good value as a rb3 in 12 team standard scoring leagues, i think 850-1000 total yards and 5-7 low end prediction ... haley will air it up and try to prove himself as a coach and now OC in his first year.. i actually like jamaal charles quite a bit in PPR leagues as a solid # 3 back, and steals about 130-150 carrries rushing from LJ.. however if you look at what AZ did, look for haley to run the ball around the GL and LJ could have 10 td upside

LJ is gonna be the type of back who gets 70% of his numbers in a handful of games this year. At the end of the year, you'll look at his numbers and think 'not bad'. But he'll get most of that in like 6-7 games. Kinda like last year.

I think he's bordering on a matchup play. I just don't trust him, or the KC offense from week to week.

LJ is a decent #3, who will never return to top 5 status. I posted here vociferously two year ago to stay away from him, mainly due to people taking him as a #1 or a #2 RB, which was just plain wrong.

He is a decent pickup as a #3 RB, a round 6 selection on average is good, I would not place him in round 5.

I have him as my RB 5 in my dynasty squad .

Got him for the 9th pick rookies , so for not much .

While he is 29 , he dosesnt have much mileage .

He is in his 7 th season and only has like 1200 carries .

He should be around for another 3 seasons as a starter ( Maybe not with the Chiefs ) .

I think LJ is a total HIT / MISS candidate.

Either

1200 yrds rush 10 tds 25 catches 200 yards

Or play in 7 games

400 yrds rush 4 tds 10 catches 100 yards

@BAL (3)

OAK

@PHI (4)

NYG (9)

DAL (12)

@WAS (8)

SD (11)

@JAC (13)

@OAK

PIT (2)

@SD (11)

DEN

BUF

CLE

@CIN

@DEN

The numbers in parantheses are rushing defense ranks from 2008. Of course a lot can change from year to year, but I think all the NFCEast defense will be as good.....or better (Haynesworth in WAS).....SD will be as good or better. BAL will be as good or better. As will PIT.

The schedule eases up toward the end, but can owners wait that long for LJ to put up respectable numbers? Maybe the 2 games against OAK will satisfy until the end of the season, but I definitely don't see 1200/10 from this schedule. Though he could be a decent buy low candidate mid-season.

Then again, if KC is bad this year....like 2-7....do they continue to feed LJ? or do they see what Charles has to offer?

I have LJ and am unable to trade him for a ham sandwich. I acquired him "accidentally"; as a throw in on a trade.

I see Haley throwing the ball a lot and no much to LJ.

i see an Oline still with problems, Cassel maybe hurt the first game and maybe still getting going during the season.

I like that he's much lighter and apparently re-motivated

But last year he had a game in which he had 7 carries for 2 yards, or was that vice versa.

If he busts a century at any point this year I am trading him for almost anything.

Horrible O-line and horrible Defense usually mean bad things.

I'll trade a ham sammich for LJ after week 1 and stash him for his nice looking fantasy playoff schedule.

I stay the hell away from LJ like a cancer - go ahead - draft him ahead of LenDale, D'Brown, etc. but honestly - where was he aside from a few select break out games last year? Nowhere. Especially with his PITA status with his girls.

I'm loving every one of you drafting him in the 5th, 6th, and 7th.