Sign in to follow this  
schmitty34

Drafted Out of Character and Not Happy

Just finished drafting in a 10 team league and not really happy with my team because I drafted out of character (QB and TE early) and the board didn't favor those moves (i.e. QBs and TEs lasted longer than expected).

We start QB RB RB WR WR RB/WR TE D/ST K

Here's what I ended up...thoughts?

Brady

Flacco

MJD

Portis

Ward

Rice

Washington

Berrien

Driver

A Gonzo

Avery

Gates

Giants

Tynes

10 team leagues are serious business

:lol:

seriously you have Brady, MJD, and Portis if you get any production out of your WRs you be fine!!! 10 team leagues lineup's are not fair to compare to 12 ;)

:lol:

seriously you have Brady, MJD, and Portis if you get any production out of your WRs you be fine!!! 10 team leagues lineup's are not fair to compare to 12 ;)

Not trying to compare to 12 team leagues. This league has been a 12 teamer for several years until 2 guys dropped out so I know it was easier to build depth.

I just didn't feel good about the draft because it didn't go the way I thought it would at all. I normally have success drafting QBs late but Brady fell to me and I couldn't pass him up...but that screwed me for WRs because there was a huge run on them before it got back to me.

did you take MJD early and then brady lasted til late 2nd rd? if so good job

Yep. I was pretty suprised and had to take him. Normally this league takes QBs pretty early so I don't know what happened. I think guys were scared off by the injury last year and the sore shoulder.

i'd cream my own shorts and maybe somebody elses to get mjd and see Brady still sitting there in round 2 AND have a quick turnaround pick to get another good player like Portis. Although I probably would have gone WR right after Brady (depending on what was available) that's still a good team.

i'd cream my own shorts and maybe somebody elses to get mjd and see Brady still sitting there in round 2 AND have a quick turnaround pick to get another good player like Portis. Although I probably would have gone WR right after Brady (depending on what was available) that's still a good team.

Allright, you've convinced me that I should be happy with my team.

I am just so use to having a mediocre QB and really good RBs and WRs based on the way i normally draft. i've never had a top flight QB so if Brady bounces back I'll probably be real happy with my team week in and week out.

Jennings was the best WR available at the time I took Portis and I thought about it, but I thought there would be a big run on QBs and RB2s and was hoping some decent WRs would get back to me in the next two rounds. Well that didn't happen as ALL of the 2nd tier WRs went fast and you can see what I ended up with.

QB & RBs are good. Were you the first TE off the board? If so why Gates over Witten. From everything I have read and heard Witten should be the #1 TE in the league putting up #2 WR like numbers. Anyway Gates ain't nothing to thumb your nose at.

You are going to have to get some help on your WR corp though. See if you can't sale Ward &/or Rice for a better WR. Package one with a WR and try to upgrade. Try to find a Bucs homer.

Good luck.

QB & RBs are good. Were you the first TE off the board? If so why Gates over Witten. From everything I have read and heard Witten should be the #1 TE in the league putting up #2 WR like numbers. Anyway Gates ain't nothing to thumb your nose at.

You are going to have to get some help on your WR corp though. See if you can't sale Ward &/or Rice for a better WR. Package one with a WR and try to upgrade. Try to find a Bucs homer.

Good luck.

Don't believe everything you read. Gates healthy, nothing has changed offensivly on his team. Now Witten lost TO which I believe is going to hurt more than help. More focus can be put on shutting down Witten. Honestly I would take J.Carlson a few rounds later in this situation I would have taken and came back after a differant TE.

Don't believe everything you read. Gates healthy, nothing has changed offensivly on his team. Now Witten lost TO which I believe is going to hurt more than help. More focus can be put on shutting down Witten. Honestly I would take J.Carlson a few rounds later in this situation I would have taken and came back after a differant TE.

Drafting Gates, or any other TE that early, was my biggest mistake. I took him because I hated the WRs available to me at that slot but TEs lasted really long in this draft which I didn't expect. People kept loading up on extra RBs and WRs leaving some pretty good TEs and QBs later than expected.

Carlson went pretty early in my draft because we're in Seattle so there are a bunch of homers but I could have drafted a solid tier 2 TE a few rounds later and been better off with my WRs.

Witten will be a beast this year!!!! Losing T.O. won't hurt him and the other WR's will be coming into their own.

Allright, you've convinced me that I should be happy with my team.

I am just so use to having a mediocre QB and really good RBs and WRs based on the way i normally draft. i've never had a top flight QB so if Brady bounces back I'll probably be real happy with my team week in and week out.

Jennings was the best WR available at the time I took Portis and I thought about it, but I thought there would be a big run on QBs and RB2s and was hoping some decent WRs would get back to me in the next two rounds. Well that didn't happen as ALL of the 2nd tier WRs went fast and you can see what I ended up with.

In hindsight if I were you I'd have taken Jennings over Portis, but that is hindsight. Your WRs are weak, especially for a 10-teamer, and you are going to be pulling your hair out trying to play matchups every week.

Everything else on your team is solid.