Sign in to follow this  
Ras66not99

Any of ur leagues use Team Qb's?

I was just curious if any of you guys are in (Team Qb leagues) ?

I've been commishing a league a long time and a friend of mine (who runs his own separate league) asked me what I think is going to happen in his league that uses team Qb's regarding the situation in Philly now?

I mean this whole wild cat thing was never a problem before because it's always been an RB taking the snaps from the center (Ronnie Brown, Norwood, etc...)

He's asking me what I think is going to happen scoring wise when Vick is under center and mcNabb is split out wide... or when they're both on the field... what happens if vick throws a Td to McNabb or visa versa ? Do you get 2 Td's and the yardage catches both ways ???

I really didn't have an answer to that for him, so I was just checking on here to see if any of you guys on here have any insight, or have inquired about this scenario to your league providers or even discussed it with your co-owners on what the deal would be should something like this happen ?

T.I.A.

interesting, another reason why I would never do team QB.

I honestly have no clue, but I guess since both are listed as QB's any points they get would count. IMO would make Phily QB a 2nd round pick, although I still dont think them combined would top NE, GB, NO, maybe around the IND/SD range

interesting, another reason why I would never do team QB.

I honestly have no clue, but I guess since both are listed as QB's any points they get would count. IMO would make Phily QB a 2nd round pick, although I still dont think them combined would top NE, GB, NO, maybe around the IND/SD range

We have the same dilemma and from our commish stated is that he will only get points when under center or in shotgun as the QB. Just how this is going to pan out is a wait and see. This is going to be a problem like you said

We have the same dilemma and from our commish stated is that he will only get points when under center or in shotgun as the QB. Just how this is going to pan out is a wait and see. This is going to be a problem like you said

Simple solution, remove receiving yards and receiving TDs under QB scoring....done.

You don't draft QBs for their WR abilities....so why reward it ?

Simple solution, remove receiving yards and receiving TDs under QB scoring....done.

I really don't think this is a problem at all, but if it were to need correcting I would say this is a great solution.

You simply award the points as usual. You may have the same problem in Miami. Pat White is listed as a QB and most likely he'll do the same things that Vick may do.

Everyone in the league knows the potential of the situation in Philly, so you draft accordingly. If Ladainian Tomlinson throws a TD you get points, so if Vick catches one you should get the points. You can't put some weird rules in place or it could get complicated. What if Vick lines up under center, hands off to Westrbook then Westy throws a TD pass to Vick? What if Vick is under center, pitches back to McNabb and McNabb throws a TD pass? You put yourself in a bad spot if you start making up rules like "he has to be under center" or "no rushing/receiving stats for a quarterback".

This may be what the league needed to go to single QB's next year. Then you would avoid these types of problems.

What do you guys do on fake field goals and/or punts? When there is a fake punt and the punter throws the ball, he is the quarterback. Do you get points for that?

Too many complications can come from using a team QB. Too many is one, two or three problems. I know it's rare that a problem would arrise because of it, but it only takes one to create havoc in the league.

yeah this seems like it may work.... i'll let the commish know about it and see what he says...

thanks for the info from you and the others...

Team Qb's do blow :wall:

That could be a slippery slope. You dont draft kickers for rushing ability, but if Sebastian Janikowski runs in a two point conversion then what. Do you reward RBs that throw TD passes? Wide Receives that run reverses?

That could be a slippery slope. You dont draft kickers for rushing ability, but if Sebastian Janikowski runs in a two point conversion then what. Do you reward RBs that throw TD passes? Wide Receives that run reverses?

No, Kickers get kicking points only, that's what they are, Kickers....FGs and PATs, nothing else. Anything else is dumb luck, bonus freak stuff.

Simple to do in CBS.....

RBs/TEs/WRs get receiving and rushing combined.

QBs get passing and rushing combined.

Kickers get 3pt FGs and 1 PAT.

At the Draft, we voted unanimous to remove QBs receiving yards and TDs, then an hour later I took Eagles TQB. Still look forward to Mcnabb and Vick in at Goalline. :wacko:

whats the fun in having a team quarterback anyways... i don't understand the logic behind even using that type of scoring system, seems to me that takes some of the challenges of fantasy football away

whats the fun in having a team quarterback anyways... i don't understand the logic behind even using that type of scoring system, seems to me that takes some of the challenges of fantasy football away

99% of the time, it's the same. Last year I wanted Romo, and picked Cowboys TQB. He was my starter all year until he got hurt, then I put in Broncos TQB...then I dealt with bonehead passes from Cutler.

The major PRO is insurance. IE when Brady went down lat year, that owner probably would lose getting 0, but our owner got Cassels stats for the day. We changed to it 5 years ago, and this year voted it back in, 8-2.

There really are no Cons against, so it stayed....we'll see how the Wildcat shakes down when 2 QBs are on the field, but another poster said it right, you draft accordingly, so I ranked Eagles TQB a bit higher.

team QB? :doublethumbsup:

I feel the same way dude.... I Hate "Team Anything"... especially Team defense which most people play, but it's just a preference of people to keep some things more simple I guess :thumbsup:

Wow, what's next? Team WR's ... Team RB's .... oh god, Team Kickers???

They get hurt too, why stop at QB??

Sounds dumb, injuries part of the game in reality and fantasy.

At least you have 2 smart guys in your league.

Wow, what's next? Team WR's ... Team RB's .... oh god, Team Kickers???

They get hurt too, why stop at QB??

Sounds dumb, injuries part of the game in reality and fantasy.

At least you have 2 smart guys in your league.

Does a real NFL team take a loss when the starting QB goes down ?

This is a game of statistics......no matter how much you think you're a part of real football, please don't confuse the two.

And I said 99% of the time, there is no difference.

In our league, all players are scored the same pts per yard no matter the position.

if they throw the ball and the ball thrown is scored a td - then all positions score the same passing yards/pts

if they run or receive the ball, the same.

Thus it doesn't matter, just how the NFL scores the play. How they credit runs and passes.

This is a game of statistics......no matter how much you think you're a part of real football, please don't confuse the two.

I love these responses to way it in happens in the real NFL. First and foremost it fantasy football so the deal is not to mimic the nfl you can if you want its fantasy football. And yes usually when a nfl team loses there starting QB they usually take a loss, sometimes they win just like fantasy football you can lose a player at any postion any week and still win. Just like the real nfl vs fantasy depending on how you drafted and how your depth is you can overcome this injury next week with your back up. There is real no wrong way to play fantasy football because its fantasy football. Just do me a favor and try not to justify why your league decided why to do something just to say its the way it is in the nfl. Just say thats the way we do things in your league. It may not be the most popular way of doing things or acceptable among the masses. But as I stated your argument is weak.

In your above aurgument in another post with team QB. You argues that the nfl dont take the lost if they lose their qb, the back up comes in and you get the stats. Now in this statement your solution is not to reward points for players out of their normal position. But yet in the nfl they credit a rb for throwing recieving return hell even fumble recovery for a td. But in fantasy you think it ought not be like that. Your as man of convienence. Ever thought of being a politician?

You missed my point Plaz .... why stop at the QB? I imagine if your starting RB went down first series giving you a zero, wouldn't that cause you a loss? What's the point of a Team QB ... if you are going to do that why not Team RB as well?? I would be more nervous starting a Brian Westbrook than any QB. I just don't get this Team QB thing ... might as well make Team everything if you are going to do it is all I'm saying, that makes more sense.

You missed my point Plaz .... why stop at the QB? I imagine if your starting RB went down first series giving you a zero, wouldn't that causeu a loss? What's the point of a Team QB ... if you are going to do that why not Team RB as well?? I would be more nervous starting a Brian Westbrook than any QB. I just don't get this Team QB thing ... might as well make Team everything if you are going to do it is all I'm saying, that makes more sense.

I'm not saying you're taking it too far, but you are. The easy answer for that is, it's not possible. Multiple RBs get drafted from the same team, Chester Taylor/ADP, Jamal Lewis/James Davis, DMC/Michel Bush, Peirre Thomas/Reggie Bush, same thing with WRs, TEs.

There's only 20 QBs drafted (10 teams, 2QB limit) and 32 NFL teams, so there's only 1 QB drafted from each team. The only possibility would be larger leagues without roster limits (perhaps Leinhart is drafted)????

The main point I'm trying to hammer here is 99% of the time, there's no difference.....from having Cowboys TQB or Romo, or Patriots TQB or Brady. For QBs it works, I don't think it would work with any other position, and that's why this is not a possible selection (at least on CBS Sportsline).