Sign in to follow this  
9-Route

deion on crabtree

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09...here-s-Crabtree

rich eisen interviewed deion sanders regarding the holdout of michael crabtree. interesting take from deion, and apparently he has some close/insider knowledge from that camp. he also seemed to pour it on pretty thick since his agent[former] is indeed eugene parker, the agent involved between crabtree and the niners.

Q: were some of the data displayed in the graphic salaries off from what deion was spouting regarding guaranteed "real" money, while he tried to illustrate his point about value/worth of players??

If I were San Fran id start taking money off the table everyday that goes by. What kind of stupid idiot walks away from 20 million dollars to play a kids game. He will get a lot less next year after sitting out.

If I were San Fran id start taking money off the table everyday that goes by. What kind of stupid idiot walks away from 20 million dollars to play a kids game. He will get a lot less next year after sitting out.

its easy to say take money off the table or let him go back in the draft next year and be screwed and I would personally love to see them do that.

But even though Crabtree would get nothing, neither would they. And the thing is, he would get some money next year but the 49ers would never get this pick back.

Plus, this is the 49ers. Its not like the Patriots where if a similar siuation occured they could say "screw you, we can win either way, see ya"

Well, we all know that Deion is not a rocket scientist. This guy kills me.

What I'd like to know is what are the 49ers offering Crabtree? He is an idiot thinking he should have more guaranteed money than Heyward-Bey just because a lot of mock drafts had him taken as the 1st WR off the board. I'd love to have him but if the 49ers give him a reasonable offer and he sits out the season, then fine let him rot, I don't care. If that does happen, I'd never root for that scumbag.

Deion Sanders said Friday that two teams had contacted the 49ers looking to trade for Michael Crabtree -- and willing to pay him the going rate for a top pick.

Deion also said Crabtree is willing to sit out the season. "Why would you settle for $20 million when you feel like you can get $40 million," Deion added. "The 49ers need him desperately. You would think Michael Crabtree would need it but he's not in dire need of money at this time and I'm saying that honestly." Deion, please. Sanders, long represented by Crabtree's agent Eugene Parker, is hardly an impartial observer. Employed as an analyst, he came off like a delusional apologist for the Crabtree camp.

I wish someone would just not pay him, even the $20 million he has been offered. However, as you can see, there are 2 teams willing to pay him the going rate for a top pick. This will set up a nice example for many more greedy players to just refuse to sign in the coming years.

Good, then the 49ers should trade him while they still can from this supposed list of teams that want him so bad. This diva is going to be a bust. The Texas Tech offense drastically overrated him as a WR.

I'd love nothing more than to see him sit out the year, reenter the draft, get picked in the middle to late first because teams are afraid to draft him, and hear him demand top ten money all over again next year.

This just further illustrates why the NFL needs a rookie wage scale.

Deion Sanders said Friday that two teams had contacted the 49ers looking to trade for Michael Crabtree -- and willing to pay him the going rate for a top pick.

Deion also said Crabtree is willing to sit out the season. "Why would you settle for $20 million when you feel like you can get $40 million," Deion added. "The 49ers need him desperately. You would think Michael Crabtree would need it but he's not in dire need of money at this time and I'm saying that honestly." Deion, please. Sanders, long represented by Crabtree's agent Eugene Parker, is hardly an impartial observer. Employed as an analyst, he came off like a delusional apologist for the Crabtree camp.

I wish someone would just not pay him, even the $20 million he has been offered. However, as you can see, there are 2 teams willing to pay him the going rate for a top pick. This will set up a nice example for many more greedy players to just refuse to sign in the coming years.

is the only source on the "other teams", Deion Sanders? :shocking:

Good, then the 49ers should trade him while they still can from this supposed list of teams that want him so bad. This diva is going to be a bust. The Texas Tech offense drastically overrated him as a WR.

I'd love nothing more than to see him sit out the year, reenter the draft, get picked in the middle to late first because teams are afraid to draft him, and hear him demand top ten money all over again next year.

I'm just wondering how many other "specialty offense" players ever work out in the NFL?

I still chuckle at the Andre Ware, David Klingler types.

is the only source on the "other teams", Deion Sanders? :lol:

Very good point. Sounds like Deion is playing agent here.

I could care less about Craptree right now and I'd be friggen pissed if I was a Niners fan. I am happy for Josh Morgan though! :cry: :shocking:

They could trade him, that's fine, but what are these 2 teams supposedly offer the 49ers? If it's little to nothing, then hang on to his rights. Who knows, he could sign right before the season starts as had been rumored previously.

This probably explains why he fell to #10 in the draft. He was projected to be a top 5 pick. Teams must have been clued in that he was gonna want stupid money.

I am pretty sure the trading time has passed. Interesting that they talk of other teams wanting him only after they can't have him. Somebody is giving this kid very bad advice or he is his own worst enemy. What team in their right mind would draft him top 10 next year after this stunt he pulls this year?

I am pretty sure the trading time has passed. Interesting that they talk of other teams wanting him only after they can't have him. Somebody is giving this kid very bad advice or he is his own worst enemy. What team in their right mind would draft him top 10 next year after this stunt he pulls this year?

Exactly, he will be a mid to late first round at best next year. Teams will be scared off by not only the fear of trying to sign him but for obvious character concerns as well. If he's smart he'll sign ASAP for the best offer they have thrown at him.

The worst thing that could happen now is for him to get what he wants.

Any long shot that R. Goodell could step in and say Crabtree can't sign with another team besides the 49ers next year??? :overhead:

But seriously, why not get an arbitrator in there and settle this thing fair and square...seriously what's from keeping nearly any rookie, especially those highly highly touted ones, for continuiing to hold out for more and more. I remember last season (maybe 2 years ago) when Jake Long signed a rookie deal that made him the HIGHEST PAID OFFENSIVE LINEMAN. I can't wait for the first superstar veteran to get pissed at this and to go after a rookie who is making more than they are before even playing a snap :overhead:

An arbiter would be too civilized. But a really good idea. Thing is, Crabtree would not want one because he hasn't a logical leg to stand on.