Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

Brees

Im going after him...figure what the hell

Offering Schaub, Slaton, and Avery

for

Brees, Ray Rice, and Hester (Ill drop Hester)

Fair offer? Too high? Too low?

6 pts TD, 1 pt per 20 yards

Seems fair to me...

Brees > Schaub

Slaton > Rice

Avery > Hester

for

Seems fair to me...

Brees > Schaub

Slaton > Rice

Avery > Hester

In a 6pt passing TD league I doubt that's going to get you Brees unless your trading partners RB's are really weak.

First of all Avery = Hester. Actually I prefer Hester just because he has a QB and an offense that might score more than 1 TD per game so lets throw them out.

You are offering an injury prone above average QB for what some consider the #1 QB in FF. Your trading partner better have a solid backup if he's going to make this deal.

I have Brees in a similar league and I wouldn't make this trade. I'd need more than Schaub to consider moving Brees. Perhaps a Matt Ryan or someone with a better track record of playing out the entire season and who has potential to hit 25+ TDs.

In a 6pt passing TD league I doubt that's going to get you Brees unless your trading partners RB's are really weak.

First of all Avery = Hester. Actually I prefer Hester just because he has a QB and an offense that might score more than 1 TD per game so lets throw them out.

You are offering an injury prone above average QB for what some consider the #1 QB in FF. Your trading partner better have a solid backup if he's going to make this deal.

I have Brees in a similar league and I wouldn't make this trade. I'd need more than Schaub to consider moving Brees. Perhaps a Matt Ryan or someone with a better track record of playing out the entire season and who has potential to hit 25+ TDs.

Thanks for the reply...yeah, his roster is pretty thin

He went Brees than Jennings.

Backs are Pierre Thomas, Ray Rice, Derrick Ward

WR's Jennings, TO, Hester

Thanks for the reply...yeah, his roster is pretty thin

He went Brees than Jennings.

Backs are Pierre Thomas, Ray Rice, Derrick Ward

WR's Jennings, TO, Hester

Ouch!

Well that certainly ups your position given his RB's. Maybe if you took Ward from him instead of Rice. After the TB depth chart came out he might not be so thrilled about his selection of Ward.

Trading for Schaub would scare me though at a Brees owner but its a risk he might be willing to take given in #1 RB may not play week one. If you push him this week before Thomas plays I think he'd be more likely to deal.

for

Seems fair to me...

Brees > Schaub

Slaton > Rice

Avery > Hester

There's no real difference between Avery and Hester. It's a weird offer and I would tell you 'no thanks.'

If you really want Brees you should probably just make a legitimate offer based on his needs. Trade him Slaton straight up. That's fair and it's pretty close to even ADP.

It looks to me like you're trying to give up your backups for another players starters and you want us to convince you it's fair. You want the other team's #1QB and his #1RB. You will give him a significantly inferior #1QB and your (likely) #2 or #3 backup RB. You're throwing in a #3 WR for a statistically even #3 WR as if that means anything to anyone.

I'd tell you to screw based on the assumptions above. If you're really offering your own #1 RB then the deal looks a lot better. But that would surprise me.

There's no real difference between Avery and Hester. It's a weird offer and I would tell you 'no thanks.'

If you really want Brees you should probably just make a legitimate offer based on his needs. Trade him Slaton straight up. That's fair and it's pretty close to even ADP.

It looks to me like you're trying to give up your backups for another players starters and you want us to convince you it's fair. You want the other team's #1QB and his #1RB. You will give him a significantly inferior #1QB and your (likely) #2 or #3 backup RB. You're throwing in a #3 WR for a statistically even #3 WR as if that means anything to anyone.

I'd tell you to screw based on the assumptions above. If you're really offering your own #1 RB then the deal looks a lot better. But that would surprise me.

I have to include a QB in the deal...we can only carry 2. So I have to give up one, to get one.

My other backs are

Slaton

Gore

Kevin Smith

Sproles

Slaton was my 1st round pick

I also have Cutler to offer him instead of Schaub. He's actually thinking about it...so we'll see

for

Seems fair to me...

Brees > Schaub

Slaton > Rice

Avery > Hester

I think it depends on how high he is on Rice. Personally I don't feel confident with Slaton not getting goal line carries, even if Chrissy Brown gets hurt. He has shown the possibility of wearing down and they will want to avoid that no matter who they use. With that being said if hes high on rice like me, and not crazy about slaton like me, then its no where near enough. I guess its depends on where his value lies. I agree with the previous poster about maybe taking somone besides Rice. Then again if he targets Brees first and the season hasn't started its clear where he values Brees.......

He will be overvalued IMO

I have Brees in a league with similar scoring. Drafted him last year in the 2nd round and he was one of my 3 keepers this year. I'm not sure if I would trade him for anything at this point. He was the #1 player in my league last year and it wasn't even close: scored ~100 points more than the top RB (D. Williams) + ~170 points more than the top WR (Fitzgerald)

Now I like Slaton, but if Rice gets the # of touches that many are speculating, he could easily match Slaton's #s, if not surpass them.

Hester for Avery is a complete wash.

Basically I don't feel the other team is compensated in any way for giving up Brees in this trade. Doesn't matter if you substitute Cutler for Schaub.

Brees is way too expensive. You're talking about the undisputed #1 FF-QB and that's based on LAST year. Brees threw for 5,000 yards in 2008. He won't do it again. Only 1 QB had ever done it before, Marino, and that was a quarter of a CENTURY ago. So you're buying a historical season from the past which has no bearing on 2009. Not a wise decision.

You can help yourself by waiting. Brees stock cannot go higher and his stats won't reach his atmospheric 2008 levels. Your best move is waiting and hope he begins 2009 like he did 2007: through 4 games in that year Brees had thrown just 1 touchdown pass but 9 interceptions. Let me repeat: 1 TD, 9 INTs. Hope he drops somewhat before making an offer.

Brees is way too expensive. You're talking about the undisputed #1 FF-QB and that's based on LAST year. Brees threw for 5,000 yards in 2008. He won't do it again. Only 1 QB had ever done it before, Marino, and that was a quarter of a CENTURY ago. So you're buying a historical season from the past which has no bearing on 2009. Not a wise decision.

You can help yourself by waiting. Brees stock cannot go higher and his stats won't reach his atmospheric 2008 levels. Your best move is waiting and hope he begins 2009 like he did 2007: through 4 games in that year Brees had thrown just 1 touchdown pass but 9 interceptions. Let me repeat: 1 TD, 9 INTs. Hope he drops somewhat before making an offer.

Brees threw for 5000 yards WITHOUT his primary weapons of Colston and Bush. Shockey was banged up too.

I'll take your bet he breaks Marino's record provided these guys stay healthy this year.

Nailed it.

This is a trade I would reject in a heartbeat and counter with an equally fleecing offer of Hester for Slaton.