Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Plaxico Burress Sentencing Poll

Burress goes to Riker's Island  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Was the Plaxico 2 year jail sentence to harsh for the crime he committed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Rat's Ass

Yeah, nice source.

Back in March, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported Plaxico Burress had declined a couple of plea bargains his lawyer had worked out for him. (Sorry, I can't find a link and I'm not sure it was ever written, though I know Paolantonio reported it on-air.) Then, last month, ProFootballTalk.com delivered a similar report.

Now, Bob Papa, the Giants' radio play-by-play man (as well as a Sirius/XM Radio host and the voice of NFL Network's live games) has the details of what he's heard Burress has turned down.

"This is what I've been told and what I've heard," Papa said this morning on Sirius NFL Radio's "Morning Drive" program. "They worked out something where they had it down to about a three-month jail term with actually only two months served and about 1,500 hours of community service. And I think his lawyers felt that they had a pretty good deal

Yeah, that sounds like a some pretty hard facts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,166570

I'm not saying any of it is true, but Bob Papa obviously held some sway over the media if a lot of outlets reported it and still have the stories up. I don't see anything where Plax or his attorney's are saying this never happened either...

The burden of proof ain't with me, pal.

That's like me posting a link of the Lochness monster and then asking you to prove it really doesn't exist.

He was offered better than he got from what I originally read.

The difference, as mentioned in the other thread, is in how stalworth pled his down, and the facts that came out in that case.

But you have 2 other things...FL laws are pretty easy in regards to the dui...and ny's gun laws are tough.

and I don't think anyone is saying Stalworth should not have gotten more for what he did.

Does not change that Plax got what he should have.

regardless of NY's tough gun laws, similar crimes happen in NYC to people no one knows and the punishments often end up being less severe.

He was the perfect person to make an example out of plain and simple.

If I didn't know this, I would be fine with his sentence.

That's like me posting a link of the Lochness monster and then asking you to prove it really doesn't exist.

Wait...

A guy I work with just said that link is bullshit.

Next Generation = PWNED

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,166570

I'm not saying any of it is true, but Bob Papa obviously held some sway over the media if a lot of outlets reported it and still have the stories up. I don't see anything where Plax or his attorney's are saying this never happened either...

Dude that's a blog talking about the same radio host. All this is about a radio show where this Bob Papa said he 'heard' this. Itsatip that everything on the internet isn't true. It's also a tip that blogs and editorials are different than a news story. A blog can be anybody's opinion. They can speculate, guess, not show any sources, or anything. A news story must do their due dilligence and report the facts.

So unless you have a news story or something other than a blog, hearsay, or innuendo then your wasting your time.

regardless of NY's tough gun laws, similar crimes happen in NYC to people no one knows and the punishments often end up being less severe.

He was the perfect person to make an example out of plain and simple.

If I didn't know this, I would be fine with his sentence.

So you have proof that someone else did something similar and got off with less than he got after his own plea?

So you have proof that someone else did something similar and got off with less than he got after his own plea?

I was interested in this and a while back did some research for my own benefit. Between that and hearing some legal experts on tv weigh in on the subject as well as 2 lawyer friends of mine, he is getting a harsher sentence than the average joe.

Or GOD, right???

Next Generation = PWNED

Hey, I absolutely could be wrong that he was ever offered a plea deal and turned it down. But, if it was reported by Sal Pal (multiple times) and again by Bob Papa and then put in print, I tend to think that where there's smoke, there's fire. A denial by his lawyer (to save face) does nothing to convince me that it never happened.

I have reports, by credible journalists whose reputation is at stake (and risk lawsuits), to lean on that it did happen. You have his lawyer's denial. Funny no one has demanded a retraction of the original reports or an apology.

We will likely never know if a lighter plea was ever offered then turned down. You choose not to believe it, I choose to believe it.

I was interested in this and a while back did some research for my own benefit. Between that and hearing some legal experts on tv weigh in on the subject as well as 2 lawyer friends of mine, he is getting a harsher sentence than the average joe.

Interesting...well so much for preferential treatment for the stars.

Though, by many accounts...whether some want to believe them or not...he was offered less and declined.