Sign in to follow this  
josh wiley

santana moss

he finally blows up against the detroit secondary. is it now a good time to shop his services around? do we see him going back to 3 or 4 catch performances or is this game more indicative of what we can expect from him the rest of the way? on a side note-i'm loving the fact that detroit stopped their losing streak against the deadskins.

If you can find a sucker in your league that falls for it, more power to you. I tried but the guys in my league are pretty smart. They won't give me anything of value for him.

And it's not just hyperbole--he really does this every year. Last year was probably his best, because in addition to the customary 3 maniac games, he also had 3-4 games with 70 yards and a TD. If you've got somebody new to the NFL, go for it. Otherwise, he's a week-to-week matchups play.

Right, it's Santana Moss. Some games he blows up, other games he just blows, but every year he ends up in the top 10-15 in WRs; he's a solid #2 WR. I bought low for him last week.

And it's not just hyperbole--he really does this every year. Last year was probably his best, because in addition to the customary 3 maniac games, he also had 3-4 games with 70 yards and a TD. If you've got somebody new to the NFL, go for it. Otherwise, he's a week-to-week matchups play.

I agree. I wouldn't call him a solid #2 WR, but based on weekly match-ups i think you can rotate him in as a flex or #3WR and get some value out of him. The Redskins do not look good, though...

i hung on to him for matchup plays, and it really payed off this week. benched cotchery and started smoss and jennings. i'll keep moss on this basis unless something irresistable comes up on the wire, or i can use him to sweeten a trade offer.