Sign in to follow this  
gougman

Is Portis just outright dropable?

Trying to decide if he really has ANY value anymore since he has played 2 of the worst Defenses and has not come through.

I would flat our drop him for anyone at this point, except Yahoo has him on the Can Not Cut list!!! So I am stuck with this load taking up valuable benchspace now. Any player on Can Not Cut list is unable to be moved. Thanks alot Yahoo!

:music_guitarred:

I have LenDale, Leon and now Coffe to use until LT comes back.

and to think, I was pissed Portis got picked 2 picks before me and I drafted Willie Parker.

:music_guitarred:

At least GLANCE at the first page before posting

We've been talking about Portis since yesterday

Is it time to stick a fork in Clinton Portis?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=351861

I did Holmes, and I am even part of that discussion. Most people were talking about who they were able to get in trades for him. This is why I asked the question if people are at the point of just dropping him and not trying to deal him.

I think you have to trade him....get anything you can for the guy. I would target timeshare rookies who haven't really showed much this year, but have upside. You might be a week too late for McCoy/Moreno....but it wouldn't hurt to try. Maybe D. Brown? Hell, I'd target Wells and a WR3/4.

Odds are that most owners just won't be interested, so you be stuck with him....but you have to at least try before throwing in the towel.

Any reason to trade for him as a flex or bye week replacement? Is he that bad or can he have a few decent games later on? Figured I could offer someone keeping my bench warm for him.

Any reason to trade for him as a flex or bye week replacement? Is he that bad or can he have a few decent games later on? Figured I could offer someone keeping my bench warm for him.

Seriously man...

19 for 79 vs STL

12 for 42 vs DET

Has had roughly 3 goal line opportunities to score an has failed on all of them.

Not real sure he is worth anything.

I think a lot depends on your league setup.

In 12 team leagues with relatively deep rosters that I play in, just about any RB who gets the majority of the touches on a team is worth at least a roster spot. So as bad as its been so far, I dont see anyone dropping him. He could very well put up some decent numbers for you over the course of the season if you have to start him in bye weeks or for injuries.

In smaller, shallower leagues I guess I could see someone dropping him but the question is for who? I really dont know who would be out there that is so much better. A lot of RBs have struggled early. Yeah, its troubling that he hasnt done more against a soft schedule and my Skins are atrocious but again, you have to hadve a better replacement available.

Its easy to get frustrated w/ a player and want to drop him but I dont think you do yourself any favors by dropping a starting RB for the flavor of the week on the ww who is not likely to give you any consistent production either.

I think a lot depends on your league setup.

In 12 team leagues with relatively deep rosters that I play in, just about any RB who gets the majority of the touches on a team is worth at least a roster spot. So as bad as its been so far, I dont see anyone dropping him. He could very well put up some decent numbers for you over the course of the season if you have to start him in bye weeks or for injuries.

In smaller, shallower leagues I guess I could see someone dropping him but the question is for who? I really dont know who would be out there that is so much better. A lot of RBs have struggled early. Yeah, its troubling that he hasnt done more against a soft schedule and my Skins are atrocious but again, you have to hadve a better replacement available.

Its easy to get frustrated w/ a player and want to drop him but I dont think you do yourself any favors by dropping a starting RB for the flavor of the week on the ww who is not likely to give you any consistent production either.

Yeah I hear ya. In a 10 team league. 2 PPR and Point Per Carry. I am trying to either deal him for C. Benson or if not Julius Jones is on WW.

I rather start McClain and hope he gets a few carries around the goal line. Portis is that bad.

Good thing I don't listen to all these so-called experts who write these FF articles and make their weekly projections. They are so boring and so monotone. They rotate the same top 20 every week. What an insult to my intelligence.