Sign in to follow this  
Squintz82

Which awful bye week QB option?

I have Warner on bye this week, and have 2 not-so-very-good options to replace him. Derek Anderson at home vs. Cinci, or Seneca Wallace at Indy. I was leaning toward Anderson because I have the Cinci D starting this week, and I figured if he screws up royally, I'll at least cancel out the negative points. However, Wallace didn't look so bad last week and I was thinking he may be a decent option.

What do you all think?

:dunno:

Isn't hasselbeck coming back this week?

From this afternoon:

The Seahawks are planning to be without quarterback Matt Hasselbeck again on Sunday. Coach Jim Mora said Wednesday he does not expect his three-time Pro Bowl passer to play at the undefeated Indianapolis Colts in Week 4. The 34-year-old Hasselbeck, who broke a rib 10 days ago, still can't run and still has pain when he takes a deep breath. Seneca Wallace is expected to start in his place.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12289665

I have Warner on bye this week, and have 2 not-so-very-good options to replace him. Derek Anderson at home vs. Cinci, or Seneca Wallace at Indy. I was leaning toward Anderson because I have the Cinci D starting this week, and I figured if he screws up royally, I'll at least cancel out the negative points. However, Wallace didn't look so bad last week and I was thinking he may be a decent option.

What do you all think?

:dunno:

I would personally go with seneca wallace, he has looked sharp (compared to D.A.) and i feel he has better targets with T.J. Housh Burleson and John Carlson. They will probably need to pass to keep up with the colts and the lightning strike offence of the colts gives the hawks alot of possesion time :thumbsup: plus seneca could always pick up a few yards with his feet :headbanger:

Seneca Wallace is alot better than people think, he is one of the top backup QB's in the league. Last season he played 8 games and threw for 1500 yards, 11 TD's and only 3 picks. Prorate that over a season and it looks pretty good.

In his first start this season playing against an above average defense against a fantasy QB he threw for 260 yards a TD and a pick. That is a decent amount of fantasy points for a #2 QB and it isnt too far off his average last season.

I would start Warner, at least he will not get you negative points. :pointstosky:

Somehow, he'll find a way to get sacked or throw a pick in his bye week

Seneca Wallace is alot better than people think, he is one of the top backup QB's in the league. Last season he played 8 games and threw for 1500 yards, 11 TD's and only 3 picks. Prorate that over a season and it looks pretty good.

In his first start this season playing against an above average defense against a fantasy QB he threw for 260 yards a TD and a pick. That is a decent amount of fantasy points for a #2 QB and it isnt too far off his average last season.

This. Wallace is totally fine for fill-in work. He rarely has a truly bad game and is usually good for something around 200 yards and a score, and sometimes goes for more than that. He's also pretty efficient and not the kind of QB to have 4 turnovers and a negative-points week. If Kerry Collins were available you'd probably be fine putting him in, and Wallace is basically giving you the same thing.

If Josh Johnson is available, I'd use him over either guy. He's not going to put up great passing stats, but he's very mobile and can get you some cheap rushing yardage, which could make a respectable fantasy day.

If Hasselbeck is ruled out, then start Wallace. You have to consider the possibility of Anderson being pulled in favor of Quinn should it look bad early.

If Josh Johnson is available, I'd use him over either guy. He's not going to put up great passing stats, but he's very mobile and can get you some cheap rushing yardage, which could make a respectable fantasy day.

Johnson was available, but I don't see him doing much. The Bucs are going to run all day against the Skins with Haynesworth out. Also since the Skins can't score, TB will try to take an early lead and just kill the clock the rest of the game.

If Hasselbeck is ruled out, then start Wallace. You have to consider the possibility of Anderson being pulled in favor of Quinn should it look bad early.

Good point

Johnson was available, but I don't see him doing much. The Bucs are going to run all day against the Skins with Haynesworth out. Also since the Skins can't score, TB will try to take an early lead and just kill the clock the rest of the game.

Good point

Haynesworth wont be out. He just pulled his @ss muscle, he'll play because if they lose another game to a shity team then Zorn gets fired and mister 100 mil. will be in the crosshairs even more as to why the team is doing poorly.

I pondered Wallace...but for now Im going with Shaun Hill vs. the Rams.

Even Jason Campbell threw for 242 against them.

Tough decision.

I guess I'd go with Wallace, as he has better receivers to work with. But Indy's pass defense is pretty good. I think they've only allowed 1 passing TD this year.....and 6 all of last year.....which is a record. So I wouldn't expect any TDs....and not too many big plays down the field.

I'm debating between starting Sanchez @ N.O or Wallace @ Indy.

Please also note that my opponent is starting Housh and Carlson... so this is a perfect opportunity to play Wallace to cancel out those guys.

What do you think???

Tough decision.

I guess I'd go with Wallace, as he has better receivers to work with. But Indy's pass defense is pretty good. I think they've only allowed 1 passing TD this year.....and 6 all of last year.....which is a record. So I wouldn't expect any TDs....and not too many big plays down the field.

Also keep in mind, Freeny and Brackett are not playing this week.

Also keep in mind, Freeny and Brackett are not playing this week.

yeah, I think you gotta go with Seneca this week. As others have stated, he really is'nt that bad of a QB and has solid weapons all around. Peyton will put plenty of points on the board and Seattle will likely have to throw alot in order to have a chance to win.

All that and no Freeney makes this is a fairly nice matchup IMO.

I'm facing this dilemma too, and not just for a bye week. I boldy chose Hasselbeck as my only QB in a 16-team league; when he went down, I was dismayed by the riff-raff in the FA pool. I squeaked by with Stafford last week, but don't like the lad against the Bears. I'm down to Wallace, Anderson, or Jamarcus. I chose Anderson because he has been a Pro Bowler and could return to form. I'm not convinced that Cincy is a defensive juggernaut. However, the virtual unanimity here is making me insecure, wondering if I need to snatch Wallace before somebody else does.

I'm in the same boat in my dynasty... have Warner/Leinart and Bulger.... Wallace got picked up in front of me by the guy With HASS, and that's who I wanted and thats who i think u should role with...

As for me i'm sitting here debating between giving that bum Derek Anderson a go, or Kyle Boller...... suicide is my 3rd option and it's lookin like the best one...

SF eats up that clock and the Rams don't pass much either.... so I think I may go with DA.... I have a feeling he may get pulled like another poster mentioned.... :wacko:

I'm gonna call the guy that has Jason Campbell and see if i could get him for a few pints next time we go to the bar (great thing about DYNASTY leagues baby)

Good Luck... ill know i need it

I'm in the same boat in my dynasty... have Warner/Leinart and Bulger.... Wallace got picked up in front of me by the guy With HASS, and that's who I wanted and thats who i think u should role with...

As for me i'm sitting here debating between giving that bum Derek Anderson a go, or Kyle Boller...... suicide is my 3rd option and it's lookin like the best one...

SF eats up that clock and the Rams don't pass much either.... so I think I may go with DA.... I have a feeling he may get pulled like another poster mentioned.... :wacko:

I'm gonna call the guy that has Jason Campbell and see if i could get him for a few pints next time we go to the bar (great thing about DYNASTY leagues baby)

Good Luck... ill know i need it

I like that, he's good for some points on rushing yards

Given those choices, I'd seriously consider my 'sleeper' QB this week - Josh Johnson of the TB Bucs.

Wallace or Anderson...pretty much a coin flip, IMO.

Josh Johnson shouldn't be starting over anyone other than Jamarcus Russell. Skins have looked like garbage, but I think they start to stabilize this week against TB. I wouldn't go anywhere near Johnson in this game.