Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Any good bars in Arlington Tx?

I'll be in Alrington this weekend and look for a good bar or pub to have a few drinks. I don't really want to go in to Dallas.

Not sure what type bars you enjoy..

J. Gilligans and JR Bentley's are two of the cheaper variety. Both on Abram St. near the stadiums.

Sherlocks is a bigger and nicer bar in Lincoln Square. Humperdinks is also a nicer bar that does their own microbrew. I used to always see Texas Rangers (and hot girls) in their after Rangers games.

There are many many more, but those are the 4 I used to frequent most often when I lived there. All of those are in N. Arlington near the stadiums. I don't know where to go in stuck in South Arlington.

Also...

If you decide to venture away from Arlington, go to Sundance Square in downtown Fort Worth before you even consider going to Dallas.

It's one of the coolest downtowns in the country. Bars and restaurants everywhere. And it's only about a 15 minute drive (downtown FW is just off I30), as oppose to anyplace in Dallas which is 25-30 minutes away from Arlington.

Sherlocks is more my speed. I did not know they had one up there. We have several around Houston. I was told to go to J. Gilligans and get the Irish Nochoes.

Sherlocks is more my speed. I did not know they had one up there. We have several around Houston. I was told to go to J. Gilligans and get the Irish Nochoes.

The Irish Nachos are pretty damn good. :thumbsup:

If Sherlock's is your style, don't be afraid to try out Humerdinks if you need a 2nd option. There is also a Fox N Hound nearby that is pretty cool.

have to agree about Humperdinks.. Good sports bar with their own microbrew.. There is a Hooters nearby as well as a Ker's Winghouse (Just like Hooters except with Hotter waitresses).

Also...

If you decide to venture away from Arlington, go to Sundance Square in downtown Fort Worth before you even consider going to Dallas.

It's one of the coolest downtowns in the country. Bars and restaurants everywhere. And it's only about a 15 minute drive (downtown FW is just off I30), as oppose to anyplace in Dallas which is 25-30 minutes away from Arlington.

The action cbfalcon is suggesting is going to be cooler than the Arlington stuff. Also, the Stockyard area has possibly the world's biggest bar: Billy Bob's as well as the White Elephant that has been around since dirt. <_<

have to agree about Humperdinks.. Good sports bar with their own microbrew.. There is a Hooters nearby as well as a Ker's Winghouse (Just like Hooters except with Hotter waitresses).

Ker's Winghouse closed down unfortunately about 6 months ago. The Jerry World Construction seemed to do them in.

Sucks as it was our favorite lunch place.

I've heard that the "1851 Club Arlington" is the place to go :overhead: