Sign in to follow this  
lv_2_hack

Calling all McGahee owners

Just made a big trade that got me mcgahee, whom I really didn't want. He's third among rb's in our league in points and I'm wondering if now is the time to get rid of him. I'm trying to get Forte or Slaton. This 70 yards and 2 td's can't continue. I am worried that he might end up getting more touches than Rice, then his value could stay fairly high. Wondering what you guys think and who you would trade mcgahee for straight up if you could?

Tough call. I don't see McGahee going away, but I also don't see him taking over the starting RB duties. He's certainly motivated this year, and he's better at the goal-line than Rice. But what happens in a game where they are behind and have to throw allot, or where he doesn't get any TD's? He's going to have some weeks of 50 yards and 0 TDs. I'd look to move him if I didn't own Rice. I think Slaton's a good target, since I think he'll start to put up big numbers again. I'd be surprised if the Forte owner did that deal.

I have SJax and PT as my primaries (although MaGahee did start last week) but I'm hanging onto Willis M. as a bye week filler and perhaps he overtakes Rice as #1.

I'm hoping Gore misses more than 3 weeks as I did manage to snag Coffee.

Ravens have had the good fortune of playing Cleveland, Kansas City and a roughed up Chargers defense. None of which have (IMHO) a good run defense.

I think the Ravens' matchups are going to be hit or miss the rest of the season. They've got to play the Bengals and the Steelers twice - both with very good run defenses. They also have to play New England, Denver, Minnesota and Chicago who will be stiff against the run.

That being said, they also get to play Indianapolis, the Lions, the Packers, Oakland and Cleveland again ... and those teams vary from being mediocre to terrible against the run.

Personally, I sold McGahee/Walter last week for Boldin. I think McGahee's value won't ever be higher than right now. If Rice were to have a big game, or McClain started getting some more goal line carries I think Willis' value would drop quickly. His stats right now are off the charts (against terrible defenses) but I expect him to come down to earth after his next three matchups ... @NE, CIN, @MIN.

And let's not even discuss those knees ...

I would try to sell him high right now. Like the previous poster said, his value will never be higher than it is right now. The McGahee owner in my league is trying to sell high on him but nobody is biting. So good luck with that. If you have a chance at Forte I think he would be a better snag than Slaton. I think defenses will start playing the Bears more honestly going forward if the young Bear WRs continue to show they can beat teams. Also, the Bears have 3 new o-linemen this year. Conventional wisdom says that they will gel as they play more together and Forte will get more production as the season progresses. That's my take on it.

Yeah I made a big trade to get Brady and just had mcgahee thrown in. I'm working on the Forte owner, he seems interested. I got offered westbrook straight up for mcgahee (i have mccoy) but not real sure I want that just b/c that looks like it could end up being a timeshare. This is a 12 team money league we do every year. We have one moron in the leauge that has ryan grant and desean jackson. I'm trying to offer santana moss or manningham and mcgahee for desean jackson and ryan grant. He falls in love with production at the time rather than worrying about the future. Could pull it off. Thanks for the help so far.

If you already have McGahee then relax. looks like you have a solid guy you can use all year as a starter. However if i am trading to get Mcgahee I might want to temper the price. Eventually rice will become the more valuable Rb in balt. Both are still valuable all year, but dont pay for a #1 stud Rb in a trade for Mcgahee only to have him fall back to earth and become a solid #2 Rb at mid season.

It's all about your league's scoring system. I have McGahee in a TD heavy league and will use him all year. He is going to get all the goal-line carries on a very good Baltimore offense. Those who think the Baltimore running situation will change are being delusional. Rice is the between the 20's guy, and McGahee gets the goal-line and tough yardage.

This situation is very similar to Tennessee last year except C.Johnson is better than Ray Rice and McGahee is better than Lendale White. Translation: McGahee will have 1000 yds rushing and 17 TD's this seaason. Of course all of this depends on both Baltimore RB's being healthy and Ray Rice will not have C.Johnson's numbers from last year.

SO DON'T SELL MCGAHEE BECAUSE YOU WON'T GET EQUAL VALUE! Oh yeah, I have Ray Rice in a performance league and start him as my flex every week, so no bias here.

I sold. Got SJax for him!

He's still in a major time share with Rice & is basically a glorified TD vulture (gets a few more carries than your standard vulture), and you cannot continue rely on 2 TDs per game.

I sold. Got SJax for him!

He's still in a major time share with Rice & is basically a glorified TD vulture (gets a few more carries than your standard vulture), and you cannot continue rely on 2 TDs per game.

But you can rely on SJax continually getting you 0 TD's each week!!!! McGahee will have more points than SJax this year in a standard scoring league.

SO...... Who would you trade Mcgahee for straight up? Slaton? Forte? Deangelo? Sjax? Barber? Grant? I'm trying to trade mcgahee and manningham for grant and desean jackson. Am I giving up to much? I had mcgahee last year and I still just don't like the guy. Do I ride the wave for a little while longer?

I dont know your scoring system, but if you can trade McGahee/Manningham for Grant/Desean Jackson, I think that is a deal in your favor. Jackson certainly looks like a stud, and Manningham is still unproven. Grant is not in a timeshare and should be a solid #2. And McGahee has a bit of injury history.

SO...... Who would you trade Mcgahee for straight up? Slaton? Forte? Deangelo? Sjax? Barber? Grant? I'm trying to trade mcgahee and manningham for grant and desean jackson. Am I giving up to much? I had mcgahee last year and I still just don't like the guy. Do I ride the wave for a little while longer?

I wish I had mcgahee in a league where owners would do any of those trades. Except for Grant...I hate Grant.

I'm not buying it. I'm not buying that Mcgahee is gonna stay healthy. I'm not buying that he's a "better goal line back". I'm pretty sure Rice and Mcclain could do the same thing. It's not the back. It's the line. While yes...they've clearly shown that he's gonna be there man inside the 10. I'm just wondering how long this torrid pace can last. If he ends up getting hurt...Ray Rice owners are going to be VERY happy.

If I'm an owner...I try like hell to sell high. More than likely won't happen. So just ride the wave. I wouldn't trade my flex back for McGahee (granted my flex back is K smith). I might be in the extreme minority here. Rip me if you want. But i'll be sure to come back at the end of the season and check in. Right now he's a top 5 back...if at the end of the season he's a top 15 back...i'll be surprised.

Big blue- My thoughts exactly. I saw what he did last year and hated playing the ravens rb game. I'm trying like hell to trade him but as of now no real takers. The desean jackson grant owner ALMOST accepted that trade, but then wanted more. Im' banking on another 70 yards and a td against new england and then i'm selling him as quickly as I can.

McGahee might be able to keep it up but I don't see him putting out MORE production on a weekly basis so I think trading him now, while he is hot, is a smart move. If anything he will get worse not better.

someone else already mentioned, if the TD's fail to come (and at some point they will), then what does he give you? 60 yards?

McGahee might be able to keep it up but I don't see him putting out MORE production on a weekly basis so I think trading him now, while he is hot, is a smart move. If anything he will get worse not better.

someone else already mentioned, if the TD's fail to come (and at some point they will), then what does he give you? 60 yards?

Like every other RB , if they dont give you a TD what do you get .

McGahee is the best RB on this team ...

Ok. If I'm the Grant/Jackson owner, no way am I making this trade, but if I can give up those two and get Grant & Jackson in return, oh hell yeah. I have Rice as my flex guy and offered him to the McGahee owner for Grant. I'd rather have Grant over both those guys.

Our league is standard 1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving 6 pts for tds. Mcgahee has 57 points, manningham has 37. Grant has like 20 and desean has 40. So based on production i'm giving up alot more then i'm getting in the grant/jackson trade. He said he was really close to accepting it then countered the same trade except I was giving him roddy white too. I declined and told him I'd wait a week and see. I'm trying to ship mcgahee and manningham for forte. I just don't see mcgahee keeping up the pace.

Our league is standard 1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving 6 pts for tds. Mcgahee has 57 points, manningham has 37. Grant has like 20 and desean has 40. So based on production i'm giving up alot more then i'm getting in the grant/jackson trade. He said he was really close to accepting it then countered the same trade except I was giving him roddy white too. I declined and told him I'd wait a week and see. I'm trying to ship mcgahee and manningham for forte. I just don't see mcgahee keeping up the pace.

What I don't get is how people don't think he'll keep up this pace. Of course he'll have a couple games where he may not get any TD's or just 1 TD, but that happens to every RB. McGahee is not injury prone, he is averaging 290 carries over the past 4 years. If you go and look at his stats the last four years, he has been a very productive fantasy RB on bad Baltimore/Buffalo teams - offense, not defense.

This year, Baltimore's offense is very good and they will continue to put up points. It's obvious after the first 3 weeks the roles the Baltimore RB's are going to play. Rice - between the 20's, McGahee - Red Zone and some series, McClain - FB. McClain had 10 TD's last year and you have to think those are all going to Willis. McGahee may very easily lead the league in TD's this year with anywhere from 17-20 TD's......in Fantasy that will make him a top 5 RB.

Alot of people on these boards live on fantasy player hype, not production. Most people that have McGahee got him late in drafts, so most likely they have 2 other RB's that have more name recognition and trade value. In my case I also have Ronnie Brown and Pierre Thomas, those are the players I would be shopping around to other owners because they will bring more in return.