Sign in to follow this  
rtcr

Tomlinson

What are your expectations this week from LT? i think he'll bounce back & have a good game. He'll be motivated to get his playing time/carries back, & he'll get it since Sproles hasn't impressed.

I honestly have no idea what to expect.

I'm wondering how low an LT owner would sell right now.

I'm leary about him this week. After Pittsburgh, San Diego is on bye. I could see them limiting his action Sunday because of the bye coming up. If it were the Houston defense he was going up against, I might be inclined to play him, but at this point I think I'm going to take my chances and leave him on the bench.

What are your expectations this week from LT? i think he'll bounce back & have a good game. He'll be motivated to get his playing time/carries back, & he'll get it since Sproles hasn't impressed.

It's a big risk playing him this week especially when they are playing Pittsburgh. Go with another option until after the bye week.

As an LT owner, I kind of wish they would sit him this week so he could have the full two weeks more to heal and hopefully come back strong for the rest of the way. Luckily, I have CJ3 and Coffee going this week so I dont have to worry about playing LT but I would be very worried if I had to play him.

As an LT owner, I kind of wish they would sit him this week so he could have the full two weeks more to heal and hopefully come back strong for the rest of the way. Luckily, I have CJ3 and Coffee going this week so I dont have to worry about playing LT but I would be very worried if I had to play him.

I am contemplating it...just because Sproles really has not looked great running the ball.

He is practicing...I don't think they sit him if he is practicing.

And yes its Pitt...without Troy P...and Benson put up 76 and a TD with 4.8 yards per carry on them.

My other problem is my other options are Michael Bush, Caddy, K. Smith, and Bradshaw...a bunch of injured guys and a Raider who is not getting the ball enough anyway.

As an LT owner, I kind of wish they would sit him this week so he could have the full two weeks more to heal and hopefully come back strong for the rest of the way.

He is not going to be a great play this week regardless of health... sit him and let him come back at 100%.

The lingering injury is a concern...but Norv Turner, by now, should recognize the value in LT...and if LT can come back healthy...it is realistic for him to post 50 yards and a TD in this game. LT still has a lot to offer...and a TD/win over Pittsburgh will be a great confidence builder for LT...I think people in San Diego are beginning to appreciate LT more..he will pay dividends. I think he will get a TD this weekend.

You guys are forgetting that in the real NFL, teams need to win games. If this game is close, and I think it will be, then I believe LT does everything he can to win the game. If it's a blowout either way, then he sits. They do not want to go into the bye on a down note, and if Denver happens to beat the Cowboys, then they could head into the bye down 2 entire games. These early games are incredibly important in setting up the playoff landscape.

I don't know who to start this week...

I have...

LT (against PIT)

Thomas Jones (against NO)

Ahmad Bradshaw (most likely playing and against the Chiefs)

Tim Hightower (bye week)

Mike Bell (injured)

I'm flexing a WR because I have Vincent Jackson, Randy Moss, and Steve Smith NYG

So LT and Bradshaw, Jones and Bradshaw, LT and Jones?

I still think LT can perform, so I picked him up for Ryan Grant and Julius Jones. I thought that was pretty low, I was expecting to give up a lot more.

rest him another week ??? l.t. said he's not coming back unless he's a 100% ....so obviously he's ready to role..!!!

guru smuru chalk him up for over a 100 yards & a td ot two....!!!

rest him another week ??? l.t. said he's not coming back unless he's a 100% ....so obviously he's ready to role..!!!

guru smuru chalk him up for over a 100 yards & a td ot two....!!!

I expect big things from LT...the guy gets no love...he has a chip...just wish he had a better line.

He didn't look that good before, now he's probably not totally healthy, Pitt devours him.

If SD wins this week it's because of River's arm.

I was hoping the Bolts would sit him this week, but they are not so now I have a decision to make: Ray Rice or LT2?

The case for and against LT2: Pittsburg d, minus Troy. Coming off an injury, but says he's 100%. Getting older, but has a chip on his shoulder. Starts, but looses touches to Sproles. Its a coin flip that will most likely land on its edge. :wall:

He didn't look that good before, now he's probably not totally healthy, Pitt devours him.

If SD wins this week it's because of River's arm.

Didn't he get injured in the first half of the first game? As an LT owner, his offensive line is my chief concern. A good passing game will prevent Pitt from stacking the box and their D isn't the same without Polamalu, so I'm cautiously optimistic about his chances for a good game this weekend.

I'm an LT owner and think so hghly of his matchup this week that I'm benching him for Julius Jones. :dunno:

As for his value right now, I would probably take Santonio Holmes and a packet of skittles for him.

I just landed him for DMC and S. Moss. I thought I made out...we shall see.

I know that I started this thread with LT confidence; but, now I'm debating starting Devery Henderson over him in the FLEX position. My RB is Ronnie Brown...so I'm covered there. After reading the responses here, I'm on the fence again...mainly because it's against a hungry Steelers team on the road. Then again, LT could only have 40 yards, but score 2-3 short yardage TD's...who knows.

LT was effective running against the Raiders before he got hurt. The Steelers aren't as imposing a defense without Troy Polamalu.

I'd expect 70 total yards and a TD from LT on Sunday night. His schedule gets much easier after the bye.

I was tempted to sit him in the one league I have him. I have Rice, McGahee, Cadillac and Paker/Mendenhall as other options to start of of with him. After seeing Benson have moderate success last week I am more likely to play him.

When LT rolled his ankle in Week 1, he swore could have stayed in the game. He was held out as a precaution, but did say he could have played on it. He's now had over two full weeks of treatment for something which I don't think was too serious to begin with. They've been very cautious with Tomlinson and he did say he wouldn't play unless he felt 100%. He's been practicing hard, making cuts, breaking loose here and there. It's not a great matchup, but clearly Sproles is not the answer at running back. LT would love nothing more than to come in against the Steelers and put up a nice game. He'll be motivated in this one, especially with the ability to play on national television.

man, i was hoping that he would stay gone until after the bye week, as well. i'm starting ray rice and mjd, but wishing tomlinson the best.

go get em you weak old ######.