Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Romo_Domination

Willie should lose his job after mendy;s performance tonight

I have been saying that for two years now. Willie Parker had his last good season in 2007 and then they just ran the wheels off of him.

turf toe lingers. It takes a month to fully heal. I am dumping wille and going after mendy if he is avaiable

If they make a switch right now to Mendenhall, he'd better send gifts to the SD defense. That was the worst attempt at rushing D I've ever witnessed. Rivera's head should be on the chopping block in SD. Awful.

If they make a switch right now to Mendenhall, he'd better send gifts to the SD defense. That was the worst attempt at rushing D I've ever witnessed. Rivera's head should be on the chopping block in SD. Awful.

Should not get any tougher next week against Detroit.

Mendy owners, however, should shop him directly after next week's game.

Prior to last night, he had not looked taht good at all, terrible at times. There was too much talk, at least online, about Moore being better. Now everybody is back on the Mendy bandwagon after a good game against a bad rush D.

Time will tell, he is very talented...but one good game should not cost Parker his job just yet. Nor should it secure anything for Mendy.

Should not get any tougher next week against Detroit.

Honestly, I disagree. Detroit's D is horrible but they will put in a better effort than that. It was ugly.

He has Detroit and Cleveland the next 2 weeks. Should be very productive for all Steelers, And yeah bench friggin FWP, he is done!

turf toe only fully heals when a player does not exert themselves and lets it rest. So Willie will need to be benched for the next 2-3 weeks just to heal his turf toe enough to play. Give the easy schedule the next two weeks there should be no job left for willie when he comes back, They wasted a high pick on Mendenhall so let him play now.

The dangerous thing for Willie Parker is that he is now going to try and rush back to keep his job. That will almost guarantee more problems with Turf Toe. It's a slow injury to heal and the only real way is to rest.

I'm still not sold on Mendy. He didn't look particularly good, the Chargers D was just that bad :bench:

BRILLIANT!!!

He didn't look particularly good???? What the hell was he supposed to do???????????

I'm thinking 191 total yards and 2 TDs is playing more than particularly good.

But hey, that's just me...I'm funny like that.

:thumbsdown:

I'm still not sold on Mendy. He didn't look particularly good, the Chargers D was just that bad :music_guitarred:

As bad as that SD defense was he definitely looked good. He has a burst that I don't see in Parker and he can break tackles....something Parker cannot do worth a crap. He's definitely the future.....not sure how far in the future though.

I agree with others who are still waiting to see on Mendenhall. The Chargers defense is just horrible right now, and I'm not convinced that a healthy Parker wouldn't have put up similar (or better) numbers - the last time Pitt played SD, Parker had 146 and 2 TD. Pittsburgh's offensive line, for whatever reason, always shows up to play against this team.

But all that said, I don't think we're going to see a "healthy Parker" for quite some time. And if Mendenhall can duplicate that kind of performance over the next two weeks (@ DET, vs CLE) - then Tomlin would be retarded to bench him...you gotta ride the hot hand.

Parker can still fill in as a nice change of pace back. Let Mendenhall wear down defenses early on, and have a fresh Parker come in and start busting off long gains.

He leads the league in spin moves. That's for sure

It's a shame the Colts and Steelers don't play this season. Watching Freeney and Mendenhall spin all over the damn field together would be a hell of a show. :unsure:

have people not been watching what's going on in the nfl? surely the thing to expect here is a timeshare when parker returns. it'll be a 60-40 split of the non-3rd down package with the 60 going to whoever was hotter recently (ie: if fwp was magically well, expect mendy to get 60% next game, etc).

As bad as that SD defense was he definitely looked good. He has a burst that I don't see in Parker and he can break tackles....something Parker cannot do worth a crap. He's definitely the future.....not sure how far in the future though.

The test for Mendenhall is whether he (a) can keep his motivation high to play 100% on every play and (:thumbsdown: do it without getting hurt. It's hard to predict injuries, but his style of running makes him a much larger injury risk than a lot of RBs, in my opinion. Time will tell.... I think MeMo is the guy carrying the load for the Steelers down the stretch.

The test for Mendenhall is whether he (a) can keep his motivation high to play 100% on every play and (:( do it without getting hurt. It's hard to predict injuries, but his style of running makes him a much larger injury risk than a lot of RBs, in my opinion. Time will tell.... I think MeMo is the guy carrying the load for the Steelers down the stretch.

What? :thumbsdown:

Is Mendenhall's motivation on every play in question here for some reason? What's FWP's motivation on every play? What's Moore's motivation?

Moore owner maybe? I don't see where his style of running makes him a much larger injury risk than other RB's. Please explain.

What? :(

Is Mendenhall's motivation on every play in question here for some reason? What's FWP's motivation on every play? What's Moore's motivation?

Moore owner maybe? I don't see where his style of running makes him a much larger injury risk than other RB's. Please explain.

What did Willie's running style get him? Turf Toe. :thumbsdown: Mendehall seals the deal this week with 150 and 1-2 Tds against the Lions. Willie is going to be unemployed after this week if he hasnt already lost the job.

What? :thumbsup:

I'm a freakin Mewelde Moore owner trolling the Parker thread? Come on. Mendenhall ran like a man possessed on Sunday because he was benched the week before. Let's see how he plays when the heat isn't on him... it's easy to play hard when your job is on the line. It's harder when you have been given the job. Tomlin knows it, which is why he won't commit to any RB yet.

Willie is in a contract year and will be a free agent next year. I doubt he will rush back at the risk of the injury lingering all year.

I see Parker not playing at least until after the Steelers' week 8 bye.

Willie is in a contract year and will be a free agent next year. I doubt he will rush back at the risk of the injury lingering all year.

I see Parker not playing at least until after the Steelers' week 8 bye.

I don't think that it's to Parker's advantage to sit.

If he's auditioning for a new team, he's already got a label as a guy who's injury prone, almost 29 years old, and has lost a step. That last thing you need is to sit out for 25% of the season, and then try to convince a new team that you can carry the workload for 16.