Sign in to follow this  
dumbassmax2001

Is Desean Jackson a sell high candidate in PPR leagues?

Desean Jackson is currently 5th in stats in my PPR league and that's including his bye week. But if you look at his number of receptions (12) in 3 games that's a little unsettling as an owner. If he doesn't break two long TD's in those last two games who knows where he would rank. My league also rewards 5 bonus points for breaking the 100 yd mark.

Anyway, not trying to make this a team management question. Just wanted opinions on whether other people in PPR formats feel Desean can keep this up or if it's time to start shopping with a sell high mentality.

Desean Jackson is currently 5th in stats in my PPR league and that's including his bye week. But if you look at his number of receptions (12) in 3 games that's a little unsettling as an owner. If he doesn't break two long TD's in those last two games who knows where he would rank. My league also rewards 5 bonus points for breaking the 100 yd mark.

Anyway, not trying to make this a team management question. Just wanted opinions on whether other people in PPR formats feel Desean can keep this up or if it's time to start shopping with a sell high mentality.

I think it depends on what you are using him as. I have him as a WR3 in many leagues. As a WR3, I love DeSean. Anything higher than that and I don't think he is a great weekly play. He can outrun most anyone, AND he has great hands. While he may never be a 90 catch guy, I see him being an annual 65 to 75 reception guy with 1,100 to 1,200 yards. If that is your #3 WR, you are kicking major butt in a PPR League. The best part is many people aren't sold on him and you can still get him relatively cheap.

I think it depends on what you are using him as. I have him as a WR3 in many leagues. As a WR3, I love DeSean. Anything higher than that and I don't think he is a great weekly play. He can outrun most anyone, AND he has great hands. While he may never be a 90 catch guy, I see him being an annual 65 to 75 reception guy with 1,100 to 1,200 yards. If that is your #3 WR, you are kicking major butt in a PPR League. The best part is many people aren't sold on him and you can still get him relatively cheap.

He was supposed to be my WR2 with T.O. WR1, but i never anticipated trent edwards being this inaccurate. I think he will put up good numbers this year who cares if he does it with 5 receptions a game he still gets carries with reverses and out of the wildcat and he get screen passes also.

I'm SOLD

:dunno:

The guy has a TD every week. He was the best player in training camp in Philly. He is playing great football. Trade him away and you will regret it.

Do you watch the game of football or look at the stats?

My only question is if he will get fewer looks with mcnabb back... he had great stats in the last 2 games with kolb, but in the first game he didn't do a whole lot aside from a punt return TD, which may or may not count for fantasy purposes depending on your scoring system.

He will definitely slow down with McNabb back, he spreads it around big time. His touchdown have also come courtesy of lazy bum tackling. Then again if he's playing the Skins and the Boys some more that trand should continue.

i traded j. jones in week two when everybody told me not too (help board)...!!! sometimes just gotta go with your gut...!!!

been watching this guy since high school days in long beach ....when he gets the ball it's like run forrest run...#1 receiver

and a must start every week....!!!

I with the other guy. If you have watched him play he has a gear no defender has. He gets one half step ahead of the defense with the ball no way he gets caught

Looks like Maclin is gettin the love this week :doublethumbsup:

Yep, the first week that I start jackson and I have 0 points at the half, ugh.

Is anyone watching the Eagles game? Whats the deal? Is DJax even on the field?

He's not getting many looks at all. To make it worse I don't see them passing much more since it's turning into a blowout.

*sigh*

Megatron, Steve Smith (NYG), DeSean Jackson are my three starters in my PPR league today.

Funny, I have those 3 exact starters also... and Mike SW... was 4-0, not anymore