Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Packers at Vikings

Clock management and play calling late by Minnesota was what I was talking about. Almost let the Packers back into the game when they should have cruised to victory.

I don't recall playing any coulda shoulda woulda games at all. It's pretty obvious that GB has OL issues.

My main point was you need to settle down. It's only 4 weeks into the season.

I thought donhass had written your response.

My bad.

And how should I settle down? I'm not exclaiming the Vikings are anything special. They're a good team....maybe the best in the NFCNorth....but not as good as NYG and NO. I just enjoy seeing the Vikes take it to a division rival......I guess you're different.

:unsure:

As much as I despise Favre (Niners fan), he played pretty well tonight. That said:

Do the Vikings really think they're Superbowl material this season? Their secondary got shredded again -- hey, giving up 200yds to Shaun Hill is getting shredded -- and last time I checked that's the main reason they haven't been able to advance in recent years. ADP is a great back, no doubt, but it does the team no good when they're trying to extend and put away opponents. He's never going to grind it out, and Chester Taylor isn't exactly filling that role.

In the conference that has Brees surrounded by an opportunistic defense and Eli looking like '07 Brady, I don't see the Vikings advancing past the second round, no matter how many times Jared Allen flexes his biceps.

As much as I despise Favre (Niners fan), he played pretty well tonight. That said:

Do the Vikings really think they're Superbowl material this season? Their secondary got shredded again -- hey, giving up 200yds to Shaun Hill is getting shredded -- and last time I checked that's the main reason they haven't been able to advance in recent years. ADP is a great back, no doubt, but it does the team no good when they're trying to extend and put away opponents. He's never going to grind it out, and Chester Taylor isn't exactly filling that role.

In the conference that has Brees surrounded by an opportunistic defense and Eli looking like '07 Brady, I don't see the Vikings advancing past the second round, no matter how many times Jared Allen flexes his biceps.

If Favre throws the ball in the playoffs like he did today, then yes the Vikes are a superbowl team. Great defense, great run game and good QB equals going far in the post season. I don't know how everyone keeps saying Rodgers is a great QB. He holds on to the ball as long as Big Ben, but he isn't strong enough to break tackles. And to everyone saying give him time, well he's been in the league for four or five years. What you see is what you get with Rodgers and that's an ok QB, not great.

I thought donhass had written your response.

My bad.

And how should I settle down? I'm not exclaiming the Vikings are anything special. They're a good team....maybe the best in the NFCNorth....but not as good as NYG and NO. I just enjoy seeing the Vikes take it to a division rival......I guess you're different.

:music_guitarred:

If Minny's Oline plays like that...they can certainly be as good as NYG and NO.

I don't suspect the Giants would give Favre that kind of time to throw though.

how bad is it when you have to challenge and hope you get tagged with a safety instead of a fumble.

Minnesota safety cost me my muthafockin game.

how bad is it when you have to challenge and hope you get tagged with a safety instead of a fumble.

Bad enough that it should never have been called a fumble in the first place?

And they wanted to call the one by Grant early on a fumble too when he was clearly down before the ball popped out.

NOTE: Im not blaming the refs...but they got one call right...the other never should have had to have been challenged by GB...Minny should have had to challenge to get the safety.

Good game old man...

Played very well.

as for GB.

Coaching (mental mistakes are on him...not kicking the FG...those are on the HC)

Capers...where is the pressure. 3 man rushes...you cannot give Favre 7 seconds to throw a ball. You cannot give Joey Harrington that long. Any QB in this league will kill you if you give him that much time. The secondary cannot cover forever

Rodgers...very good at times...still holds the ball too long. Those turnovers were the total difference in the game.

Oline...good enough at times...piss poor at others.

Defensive line is a mixed bag...great against Peterson...terrible on the pass rush.

LBs I thought were the bright spot along with Finley.

also good to see the screen game work a bit tonight.

I didnt get some of the play calls....

being cute with a wildcat handoff on a 3rd and 7 is goofy..and inside the 5...kuhn is solid...just got tripped up...

but it says something when grants not even used there...and wheres the sneak?...

that 4th down call was maddening...u roll out..GOOD..but your TE isnt even in the end zone? wtf....

we all know 1 thing that bothers brett...pressure..and b gave him none..and with that brilliance..dom capers remains winless vs favre...

still...both teams should win every game til november 1st...

ESPN is such a circle jerk tonight over Favre..

I feel bad for Steve Young, shocked FOX or CBS hasn't gotten him yet. He is pretty good and he is wasted with unfunny Stuart Scott and brain dead Mastt Millen.

yeah..i dont recall this happening when joe montana went to kc :thumbsdown:

still...both teams should win every game til november 1st...

There's no way Minnesota goes to Lambeau undefeated: @STL, BAL, @PIT, @GB.

In fact, going into their week 9 bye....there's a very real possibility the Vikings are 5-3.

Almost good news for GB

Tauscher was in to work out and appears on the verge of signing.

Perfect timing with the bye for him to be healthy and get into game ship as soon as they can.

Should strengthen the line quite a bit.

They sure avoided showing Thompson during the game. They showed him one time before, then gave him a break during. He looked very uncomfortable, like he knew he was fixin to get rolled. That is the only thing the game lacked was him taking it hard on camera.