Sign in to follow this  
Bears_Rule

Light up the Suckers....

I'm gonna call 1 out at all positions:

QB: Eli Manning - sorry but his soft schedule has made him look good.

RB: WIllis McGahee - Rice is the starter and preferred player. They will look to limit him as the year goes.

WR: Brandon Marshall - a couple of TD"s make his stat line look good but he will be outside the top 25 in WR's all year.

TE: Vernon Davis - I've seen you run routes and I've seen Shaun Hill throw the ball. Nuff Said.

I'm gonna call 1 out at all positions:

QB: Eli Manning - sorry but his soft schedule has made him look good.

RB: WIllis McGahee - Rice is the starter and preferred player. They will look to limit him as the year goes.

WR: Brandon Marshall - a couple of TD"s make his stat line look good but he will be outside the top 25 in WR's all year.

TE: Vernon Davis - I've seen you run routes and I've seen Shaun Hill throw the ball. Nuff Said.

agree on all but marshall.

he has a solid defense strong run game to open up the field for him and beleive it or not ..................Orton is actually not a bad QB.

QB: Schaub - saw this guy's name too much in the "top 5 at each position for rest of year" thread...I don't see it, plus he'll probably get hurt again

RB: Mendenhall - even saw his name in that thread too...first good game of his career

WR: Harvin - yet to top 51 rec. yards

TE: Celek - 2 100-yard games with Kolb, not sure if that will happen with McNabb who loves to spread the ball around

D: Eagles - huge game in week 1, not much in the 2 other games; also still not totally sold on the Broncos and their soft schedule

Also Jerome Harrison at RB. Not that great to begin with, and will probably lose a lot of the value he does have when Lewis comes back.

Any third down back in the league. Sproles, Bradshaw, Washington, Harrison. These guys will never be every week starters.

Why would they look to limit him as the year goes? A win is a win is a win. Give the guy about 10 touches a game (more if it's an easy matchup) to spell Rice who, as you say is the preferred player. Hint: rest the starter to keep him healthy.

QB: Schaub - saw this guy's name too much in the "top 5 at each position for rest of year" thread...I don't see it, plus he'll probably get hurt again

TE: Celek - 2 100-yard games with Kolb, not sure if that will happen with McNabb who loves to spread the ball around

Review Schaub's schedule for the rest of the year: Ariz, Cincy, San Fran, Buf, Indy, Bye, Ten, Indy, Jax, Seattle, St Louis, Miami. Just a couple tough games left (San Fran & Indy).

He's had a couple 300 yd games and is 7th in FF scoring. With the remaining cupcakes on the schedule, you can see why projections are high and people targeted him in their drafts. Sitting 1 TD behind P. Manning/Brees with 8 TDs.

IRT Celek: In game #1 with McNabb he caught 6 passes for 37 yds and a score.

For my own picks:

QB: Carson Palmer. I don't think he can erase the last 3 years of mediocrity from his mind to be a top 10 QB.

RB: Cedric Benson. There's a reason he wasn't on anyone's radar. He'll fall to Earth beginning this week in Baltimore.

WR: Brandon Marshall. He's drinking the kool-aid now but you wait until Denver starts getting rolled up on which will happen starting this week with New England. Baby T.O. will pull a T.O. (someone's going under the bus) by week 11.

Review Schaub's schedule for the rest of the year: Ariz, Cincy, San Fran, Buf, Indy, Bye, Ten, Indy, Jax, Seattle, St Louis, Miami. Just a couple tough games left (San Fran & Indy).

He's had a couple 300 yd games and is 7th in FF scoring. With the remaining cupcakes on the schedule, you can see why projections are high and people targeted him in their drafts. Sitting 1 TD behind P. Manning/Brees with 8 TDs.

IRT Celek: In game #1 with McNabb he caught 6 passes for 37 yds and a score.

I saw Schaub's schedule, and it does look nice, but the guy is just too injury prone to be considered a top 5 QB IMO.

I know Celek caught a TD from McNabb, but 37 yards isn't much. But of course that was only one game so we'll have to see what happens, but again I just don't see him as a top 5 TD like many people suggested in that other thread (and I'm an Eagles fan).

Of guys currently ranked in the top 10 at their position in my league (non PPR)...

QB:

Shaub (too streaky + injury prone)

RB:

McGahee (carries have gone down in each of the last 3 games, TD well is going to dry up eventually)

F. Jackson (him and Marshawn look like they're going to cannibalize each others' values. I still like him, but clearly not top 10 going forward)

J. Jones (does this need an explanation?)

WR:

S. Smith, NYG (I like him, but he's faced some really poor secondaries so far. I'd like to see what he does against a real defense before I'm sold. Think he finishes just outside the top 10)

Manningham (same as above, plus the return of Nicks and Hixon will limit his targets going forward)

Don't really care about TE since there are so many serviceable options this year...

Anyone remember Leroy Hoard? I hate to compare my cane as a td vulture but thats pretty much going to be the case all year. Unless one gets hurt its going to be Rice getting the yardage and willis being the short yardage back which is going to get him scores all year long.

I noticed this was started after the first quarter of the season (just before Week 5). Now that we have finished the second quarter, what have we learned?

A few that jump out:

• Miles Austin was generating NO DISCUSSION a month ago; now, what can you say? The trend is your friend...until it ends
  • Ray Rice is a stud in ANY format
  • Vernon Davis is the #2 TE in most standard (non-PPR) leagues, behind the injured Daniels, neck-and-neck with Dallas Clark...7 TDs...fools golf or finally the real deal? All I know is a year ago the debate was a) would he be in football next year (likely), and :doublethumbsup: for what team (because no way Samurai Mike is keeping him around)
  • Top 8 QBs on a PPG basis: Rogers, Peyton, Brees, Brady, Schaub, Roethlisberger, Romo and Rivers. Am I the only one who is TEN TIMES more comfortable with the first 4 over the latter 4?