Sign in to follow this  
lv_2_hack

Anyone consider Jaguars a good play this week?

I've got the giants D, but I'm really thinking about picking up the jags and playing them against the offensively inclined Rams. This will be the Rams 16th loss in a row. Can anyone convince me not to do this? Has anyone else considered grabbing them?

Ugh, in a scoring system where defenses can get anywhere from 50 points (49ers against rams) to -30 (give up 40 plus points). I have a feeling it could be a shootout down in the bayou. Anyone else think I ought to stick with the G-Men?

Ugh, in a scoring system where defenses can get anywhere from 50 points (49ers against rams) to -30 (give up 40 plus points). I have a feeling it could be a shootout down in the bayou. Anyone else think I ought to stick with the G-

the jags are 30th against the pass and allow a 103 qb rating to their opponent.

the giants are first against the pass and allow a 60.4 qb rating and Brees has back to back games without a td pass.

i think you are missing the point here. You ride your stud defense regardless of matchup. a shoot out does not mean a defense will not get you points and this is by no means a guaranteed shootout.

starting the jags is a bye week thing to do and the giants are not on a bye

i have been debating the same thing. well kinda i picked up the Chargers D to play Monday night against the Broncos but the Jags and Panthers are still on waiver and was thinking i should pick up one of the 2.

Jags vs Rams

Panthers vs BUCS :unsure:

Look, I get the studs things and will always do that. But this is a different situation. Who have the giants played? They got lit up by the cowboys for over 200 yards rushing, romo bailed them out with a few turnovers, then it's been what? KC? OAK? TB? and WAS? Atleast acknowledge that this is indeed not a no brainer. I just don't see the giants getting many turnovers or sacks. The 49ers go for 50 against the rams and then -20 against ATL a week later.

Look, I get the studs things and will always do that. But this is a different situation. Who have the giants played? They got lit up by the cowboys for over 200 yards rushing, romo bailed them out with a few turnovers, then it's been what? KC? OAK? TB? and WAS? Atleast acknowledge that this is indeed not a no brainer. I just don't see the giants getting many turnovers or sacks. The 49ers go for 50 against the rams and then -20 against ATL a week later.

The giants are an elite defense. I would not risk anything on the joke called the jags D

No rational human being would consider starting the Jaguars defense if they first had to watch the pathertic effort in Seattle last weekend. That team simply quit on its coach.

JdR is quickly losing that team with his petty b.s. antics, and it is being manifested on the playing field.

I cannot fathom someone owning the G-men even considering this move. I thought for sure from the thread title this was a Colts or Cowboys or Phins owner. Unreal.

I picked up the Jags D and was planning on starting them over the ravens D who are playing the Vikes. You guys are making me rethink my decision.

I truly don't get leagues that give sooo much credit (or discredit) to Defenses ... They are such a crapshoot (ie OP debating #1 D or #32 D). +50 or -20?? Why??? At least players u can come close to guessing output but why make Ds the determining factor if ur team wins (or loses). Do ur kickers get +10 for 50 yarders too??

Rizzo- This league is actually great, best scoring system i've ever been in. This league is with a bunch of old college friends where we have taken the league and tweaked the scoring system each year. No kickers don't get 10 for a 50 yarder, they get 5. Good scoring week is about 175, 2 qbs, 2 rbs, 3 wrs, 1 te, 1 k, 1 def. The 50 point total was the highest total we had ever see, but they had 5 sacks and 3 tds. They had 35 in a CBS league where most teams don't average 5 or 6 a game. The -20 is the absolute most you can lose. I messed up with the earlier post saying -30. -20 is giving up 40 plus points and over 500 yards of total offense with NO turnovers. That's a pretty horrible game and warrants horrible points.

16 and 33- Look at how the jags played against the colts in week one, did a decent job. Look how far the Jags had to travel to play the seahawks. Hasselback came back and garrard and mjd played awful. The line from vegas on this game is -10, and the over under is 40. That means a 28 10 type game. Don't you think the Saints score more than 10 points against the giants? Here's the deal, the chances of Rams scoring 28 are far worse than the saints scoring 28. The chances of the rams not scoring a point are far greater than the saints not scoring a point. And my last point, WHO HAVE THE GIANTS PLAYED? KC? They are good. TB- wow awesome offense. OAK? Juggernaut there. WAS? Hmm. The only offense they have played that's decent is Dallas (cowboys homer here) and dallas moved the ball at will against them. Someone at least aknowledge the fact that I'm not an idiot for thinking this. The ceiling for the JAGS at home coming off a horrible game is higher than the giants. If you think brees should start this week or pierre should start this week then my rational isn't way off.

Sounds like you have a good understanding of your scoring system and what you are trying to accomplish. Not even sure why you started the topic.

FWIW - we're a long ways from week 1. That team in Jax is in disarray.

GL

rams win big. jax is horrible

Man we have some rams fan in here. Would love to hear you guys betting the money line on the rams. If the rams win they win 10-7, I just don't see them scoring a bunch. We have 2 matchups each week so I might start giants in one and Jax in the other.

I definitely take the Panthers against Tampa before Jax. Carolina is in much better shape than they were earlier in the season from a health perspective.

I really don't think the Giants are unbenchable against the Saints. They haven't played a good offense yet and the only average one (Dallas) scored 31 against New York.

Man we have some rams fan in here. Would love to hear you guys betting the money line on the rams. If the rams win they win 10-7, I just don't see them scoring a bunch. We have 2 matchups each week so I might start giants in one and Jax in the other.

I agree with an earlier poster. I don't understand why you asked the question. You got multiple reasons why people don't think it is a good idea. Yet, you are still going with the Jags. If you were so set on what you were going to do you should have belief in your convictions and not worry what others think. If you are only happy if you hear opinions that agree with your own you shouldn't go to a message board. This is why there shouldn't be team management threads here because people are too personally involved that they can't make sense.

I agree with an earlier poster. I don't understand why you asked the question. You got multiple reasons why people don't think it is a good idea. Yet, you are still going with the Jags. If you were so set on what you were going to do you should have belief in your convictions and not worry what others think. If you are only happy if you hear opinions that agree with your own you shouldn't go to a message board. This is why there shouldn't be team management threads here because people are too personally involved that they can't make sense.

Not set in my ways. Just rather shocked that people think the giants are so unbenchable. In a league where defenses can't get negative points, I would agree. But in a league with our scoring system, I don't think it's so cut and dry. I haven't set my lineup yet, but for people to say no rational human being would bench the giants for the jags is tough to hear. Specially when some of the lineup rankings around the net have jags as high as 5th this week in rankings.

Bulger 5-5, 70 yards and a TD opening drive

Jags answered

7-7

ETA: Wait...wat...botched the XP?

7-6

Four more beers- Sure looks like it doesn't it. 28 at halftime? No you guys see why I considered benching the Giants STUDLY defense? Brees is a little better than cassell, russell, and byron leftwich.

Four more beers- Sure looks like it doesn't it. 28 at halftime? No you guys see why I considered benching the Giants STUDLY defense? Brees is a little better than cassell, russell, and byron leftwich.

Look at the time I posted that and then look at what I said a few posts up.

But I was ridiculed for thinking this. People said I was an idiot for even considering benching the giants. I didn't start the jags, I started New England against Tennessee after hearing of 40+ mph and rain.