Sign in to follow this  
Snoopy

Trade Rumor Dwayne Bowe?

Just saw it on fanball:

The News

The Baltimore Sun is reporting that rumors are floating around that the Ravens are looking into trading a second-round pick to the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for wide receiver Dwayne Bowe. Coach John Harbaugh said "there are possibilities" when asked about the team potentially making a trade.

Our View

If you are a Dwayne Bowe owner, you should be hoping with everything you have that this deal gets done. Bowe is still managing to be productive in a terrible offense in Kansas City, and he could be a legit WR1 if he played for the Ravens. This is all speculation at this point, but it's something to keep an eye on.

I heard a 3rd and a 5th.

If so - Do it Ozzie!

I'm sure this was just something out of some fishwrapper's imagination. Trades don't get done in the NFL; it's not like baseball.

I'm sure this was just something out of some fishwrapper's imagination. Trades don't get done in the NFL; it's not like baseball.

Didn't Gaines Adams just get traded to Chicago? What about The New England and Raiders trade just six weeks ago? Braylon Edwards was traded a week ago......... Just sayin..........

4-1

12 team, redraft:

QB - McNabb, Flacco

RB - MJ-Drew, CJohnson, SMorris, LWashington

WR - Wayne, Bowe, Walter, Sims-Walker

K - Prater

TE - JFinley

D - Vikes, Saints

Questions here about your redraft team; MJD went in round one of every draft. Chris Johnson went in round one of my draft and Wayne and Bowe both went in the late second. How did you pull off getting those 4 players in the first 4 rounds? Nice drafting on your part.

Sorry, but there is no way this happens. And LOL at a 3rd and a 5th. Dwayne Bowe was taken in the first round in 2007, and has justified the selection. He's 25 and is one of the few bright spots on a franchise that is rebuilding and in need of receivers. This rumor is absurd. Also, I live in KC and there is absolutely no buzz about it.

Beat writer Aaron Wilson says there is nothing concrete to the rumors that the Ravens are trying to trade for Dwayne Bowe.

There's been speculation that the Ravens might deal a second-round and fifth-round pick to the Chiefs for their No. 1 WR. It almost certainly won't happen. Bowe is still on his rookie deal that runs through 2011. He's one of the few weapons the Chiefs have. Oct. 17 - 1:03 pm et

I too agree this trade won't happen. I think Scott Pioli, the Chiefs' GM, is too smart to dosuch trade. Why would KC want to deal their only bright young star?

Not a chance in hell they trade for a 2nd round pick for Bowe, their only offensive weapon. Well, I say that but this is the team that put Derrick Johnson on the 3rd team defense (morons). And this is the team that hands the ball off 20+ times to a back that gets less than 2 yards a carry..

However, I would think, if they trade Bowe (and I hope they don't) it would be for a Pick or Picks AND a big time player to go with that.

I can't believe that the Chiefs would let Bowe go for anything other than a 1st. He was a #1 pick who has pretty much justified his draft position, and is now entering his prime. Bowe for a #2 and #5 sounds goofy.

Its an interesting potential trade.

Taken in context with the likelihood of an upcoming uncapped season, it would be rather shrewd on the part of the Chiefs as well.

Teams are salivating over draft picks right now, and the balance of value has shifted in favor or trades that involve them. The uncapped season brings with it some deep concerns that the have-nots are going to be rather screwed without some picks.

A team like KC would absolutely benefit mightily if they can grab a few extra picks for Bowe, and would perhaps be willing to do so without the inclusion of a round 1 pick too; makes perfect sense.

If the Chiefs CAN get a few picks for Bowe I suspect they will do it, and they would be very smart to do so as well.