Sign in to follow this  
lexdizzle

Benching Steve Smith (CAR)

Hakeem Nicks with sims-walker on a bye and boldin hurt. I thought i had a really good receiving corps going into this year with boldin steve smith santonio holmes and lee evans. that turned out great... but steve smith is on the :bench: until he proves otherwise. i also have lance moore but am rolling the dice with HAKEEM NICKS :headbanger: !!!!

You never know what might happen with Steve Smith... He is really pissed off and the whole team agrees he needs the ball more... Looks for Jake to target Smith 13+ this week... Especially since they are playing Buffalo... The only thing I would be worried about is Carolina running the ball against the worst rush defense in the league..

Expect either 3 catches for 42 yards..... or 12 for 145 and a td...

With that said... I think Nicks is almost certain to get 5-6 catches for 75-85 yards and a td against the sh*tty arizona pass defense...

As of now I have him benched for Collie. I cannot affors another 1 point game from this fckng guy.

Sticking with Smith so I don't miss his 11 catch 180 yd performance that he annually completes.

Hakeem Nicks with sims-walker on a bye and boldin hurt. I thought i had a really good receiving corps going into this year with boldin steve smith santonio holmes and lee evans. that turned out great... but steve smith is on the :cry: until he proves otherwise. i also have lance moore but am rolling the dice with HAKEEM NICKS :bandana: !!!!

Do it and don't look back! Due to the bye week , I am starting Devin Hester and Austin Collie, while sending the 'other' Steve Smith to the -> :bench:

Delhomme (and Smith by default) have shown absolutely nothing that would give any hope that they can do anything. And say what you want about Buffalo, but they are a 'better than you think' defense.

Sticking with Smith so I don't miss his 11 catch 180 yd performance that he annually completes.

thats my thinking as well :headbanger: plus he is pissed off right now and a PISSED OFF Steve Smith is gonna be good for the fantasy owner of Steve Smith :dunno:

most fantasy sites have him about the 20-24 ranked WR for this week. not surprising consider Delhomme's awful play of late but i expect or hope :wave: he comes up big this week.

here's my rationale:

I have MJD, MSW, and Ray Rice on bye. Mendenhall has a terrible matchup, and im forced to start caddy as my #2 RB.

Therefore I need someone to win the game for me this week and Steve Smith has that potential.

Now if I had a solid team going i would look elsewhere. But since i need a huge week from someone i have put in some guys that are bigger risk/reward

here's my rationale:

I have MJD, MSW, and Ray Rice on bye. Mendenhall has a terrible matchup, and im forced to start caddy as my #2 RB.

Therefore I need someone to win the game for me this week and Steve Smith has that potential.

Now if I had a solid team going i would look elsewhere. But since i need a huge week from someone i have put in some guys that are bigger risk/reward

Look what happened after MJD complained. Smith doesnt all of sudden suck. Their coming off a bye, Im rolling with him.

CAR's Steve Smith gets well fed this week and 'gose off' big time.

:music_guitarred: yes sir 9 catches 157 yards 2 TDs :dunno:

CAR's Steve Smith gets well fed this week and 'gose off' big time.

I agree. With the Carolina running game looking awesome again and the raping TJ and Leon gave them last week Buffalo will have no choice but to put extra men in the box. This will open things up for Super (pissed) Steve and I fully expect him to have a great game.

thats my thinking as well :doublethumbsup: plus he is pissed off right now and a PISSED OFF Steve Smith is gonna be good for the fantasy owner of Steve Smith :thumbsdown:

most fantasy sites have him about the 20-24 ranked WR for this week. not surprising consider Delhomme's awful play of late but i expect or hope :angry: he comes up big this week.

lets set the record straight here. The true Steve Smith lives in NY. The impostor in Pantha land is a punk who cant score.

lets set the record straight here. The true Steve Smith lives in NY. The impostor in Pantha land is a punk who cant score.

I'm going to forward this post to him. Thanks for doing your part to turn him into BEAST MODE right before Halloween. :thumbsup:

I hope he is ready to go off, just traded a RB needy owner Caddy for him straight up - got to choose between him and Hakeen Nicks now - I think I will role with Smith and hope for the breakout...

I'm benching Steve Smith for Miles Austin this week. I was at the Buffalo/NO game a few weeks ago, and after witnessing Buffalo curb the passing game from Brees I have next to 0 faith in Delhomme this week. It's hard to sit someone that I drafted so high, but this week it just doesn't feel right to play him.